Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2012 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This epic horror series is now over!The anime that makes many anime fan's Mondays enjoyable...and after weeks of mindfuck and psychological twists, the climax is here.

Wow, the twin tailed countermeasure chick definitely holds some hate for Mei Misaki

The extra one:

Mei Misaki explains what she remembers and everything ties together from the various flashbacks and the beginning scene of the series.

And with that, the sky clears as the calamity is finally lifted.

Incredible journey and series. With its mind twists, characters, art, music, and storyline, I give this anime a well-deserved:

10/10.
Stark700Mar 26, 2012 10:38 AM
Mar 26, 2012 10:10 AM

Aug 2009
Can I just state before anyone actually comes here and starts discussing:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PUT SPOILERS UNDER A SPOILER TAG. A lot of curious people are going to browse these forums and I want to make it clear beforehand that it's not fair to everyone when we spoil.
If you do write under a spoiler tag, MAKE SURE you CLEARLY STATE that you're about to post something so big.
Please keep everyone else in mind when posting!!!
Mar 26, 2012 10:24 AM
Jun 2010
Oh god why is it taking so long /why/
Mar 26, 2012 10:29 AM

Nov 2008
WOW!!! Is it over?? We might get a sequel, after all they left a tape for the next class.

I was expecting a blood bath considering what had happened in the previous episode, so those last 10 minutes I was thinking that it would start again soon.

I had seen some spoilers so it didn't surprise me that is was Reiko, but I was hoping it would be a different person but since I had no idea she was also the teacher I was still surprised.

Great anime! 9/10. Had I not seen seen the spoilers I might have given it a 10 but it felt a little anti-climatic.
Mar 26, 2012 10:29 AM

Aug 2011
that was awesome! can't believe it! 9/10 for me.

great show, its up for crunchyroll is up for those who have an account.

Potatoboy27Mar 26, 2012 10:44 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2012 10:33 AM

Aug 2010
So... listen to your elders. Grandpa gave the biggest hint.
Mar 26, 2012 10:34 AM

Jul 2008
That was really good. It wrapped up surprising well.

Mow123Mar 26, 2012 10:44 AM
Mar 26, 2012 10:40 AM

Nov 2011
ClementIV said:
WOW!!! Is it over?? We might get a sequel, after all they left a tape for the next class.

I was expecting a blood bath considering what had happened in the previous episode, so those last 10 minutes I was thinking that it would start again soon.

I had seen some spoilers so it didn't surprise me that is was Reiko, but I was hoping it would be a different person but since I had no idea she was also the teacher I was still surprised.

Great anime! 9/10. Had I not seen seen the spoilers I might have given it a 10 but it felt a little anti-climatic.

I'm hoping for a sequel as well. The author of the novel said that there will be 2 other spinoffs I believe.

Hope they get anime adaptations in the mere future.
Mar 26, 2012 10:43 AM

Jul 2007
Ugh i really loved it. But it seems i missed something. someone explain me why
Mar 26, 2012 10:48 AM
May 2011
LadyBird said:
Can I just state before anyone actually comes here and starts discussing:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PUT SPOILERS UNDER A SPOILER TAG. A lot of curious people are going to browse these forums and I want to make it clear beforehand that it's not fair to everyone when we spoil.
If you do write under a spoiler tag, MAKE SURE you CLEARLY STATE that you're about to post something so big.
Please keep everyone else in mind when posting!!!

It's your own fault if you get spoiled by reading a thread discussing the damn episode
Mar 26, 2012 10:48 AM

Oct 2007
Cloudy-Sky said:

Mar 26, 2012 10:49 AM

Aug 2011
Cloudy-Sky said:

i dont think it was sakakibara that killed Reiko, it was someone in a north uniform, but he still had his Tokyo uniform on when he had returned. i think she can remember that, that happened since she can see death with her one eye. well thats what i think.
Potatoboy27Mar 26, 2012 11:14 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2012 10:53 AM

Feb 2012
Great ep.

Overall, I give the series 8/10.

I would rate it 9/10 if they actually explained the calamity and why/how it happens.
YveseMar 26, 2012 11:01 AM
Mar 26, 2012 10:54 AM

Nov 2009
An amazing end to an amazing series. Kept me guessing the whole time.

R.I.P Akazawa, you will be missed...I'll be damned if you almost got a tear out me when you tried to get your last words out.

I never suspected Reiko so much as Akazawa or the Art kid...I thought it tended to be a student so I never thought to suspect anyone else.

But yes, probably the end of what has to be one of my favourite anime this season!

Farewell Another!
Mar 26, 2012 10:55 AM

Feb 2012
After the bloody, chaotic hodgepodge of episode 11, the series finale was a pleasant surprise. Some of us spent the past week criticizing the sudden shift toward psychotic, murderous behavior in episode 11, and Chibiki almost lampshades that with the two lines, "this is not normal" and "classmates shouldn't be doing stupid things like killing each other" -- good job calling Akazawa out, Chibiki; you were probably the most levelheaded character in the series even though you had no reason to be. The reveal of the extra person was well-executed, and -- I hope -- satisfying for those of you who weren't spoiled in advance.

I also appreciate the restraint the writer showed in not showing any romance between Mei and Kouichi in the final scene. Instead, we got a very simple exchange: Kouichi asks "Can I call you sometimes?" with a smile, and then Mei says "Sure, sometimes" with a half-smile. And then, a smile to end the episode and respond to Kouichi's question of "It's over now, isn't it?"

And interestingly...Akazawa was the anti-Misaki of the show, and Chibiki confirmed that. Misaki and her sister were raised as cousins, while Akazawa and her cousin were raised as siblings.

On first viewing, I'll give Another an 8/10, subject to change. I'll definitely run through it again when the OVA is released in two months.
CuriousThingMar 26, 2012 11:00 AM
Mar 26, 2012 10:57 AM

May 2010
well i absolutely enjoyed watching this aniem and it is my favorite for this season by far.
i like everythign about the anime,the art and aesthetics,the charackters and the plot twists and the gruesome deaths.

i hope we see a sequel ;)

10/10
5/5
Mar 26, 2012 11:00 AM

Feb 2008
It's feel kind of sad and it must be tough to killed someone close at you, sure it would be difficult to killed.
Duh if Misaki told Kouichi earlier I don't think Kouichi could killed Reika at that time either and call Misaki a lier or something like that.

Good ending but I miss Akasawa, she sure took a like of Kouichi.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 26, 2012 11:00 AM

Jan 2010
You know, I never realized that the teacher was Reiko herself.

._____.

EDIT: So, wait, they NEVER told us that the teacher was Reiko?
Kurimu-chanMar 26, 2012 11:04 AM
Mar 26, 2012 11:03 AM
Sep 2011
And I thought it was Akazawa all along...
Oh well, it would have been a bit awkward if Mikami were killed by a dust mop last episode. And as expected the reason for Kazami to go berserk was because of Sakuragi. His absence in the second half of the show hinted at his grugde he held for our protagonists.

Overall, a good episode to conclude this series and I felt the directior put more effort in this episode than usual especially regarding the scene before Reiko's death.

I somehow suspected Reiko to be the extra since various people felt the need to mention that the manga made clear that Mikami and Reiko were the same person. However, it still came off as a surprise to me as this anime is adapted from the novel and therefore I thought it differed from the manga in some points particularly in this aspect.
EudaimoniaMar 26, 2012 11:27 AM

Jan 2010
Cloudy-Sky said:

Having the same issue... time to break down the facts.

Feb 2012
Kurimu-chan said:
You know, I never realized that the teacher was Reiko herself.

._____.
There were so many hints.

Like the episode where Reiko had a massive headache. The next ep Mikami is suddenly absent because "she didn't feel well".

Tons of other clues too. Thing is, most people were skeptical because Mikami and Reiko had different seiyuus.

That was just the authors trying to cleverly hide the truth though. Afterall, if they had the same seiyuus it would be much easier to tell who the 'another' is.

Kurimu-chan said:
Cloudy-Sky said:

It wasn't sakakibara. It was just someone that looked like him.
Mar 26, 2012 11:05 AM

Nov 2008
Stark700

[quote said:

Goodbye, Reiko. Goodbye, Mother.

That buffed me, I though that it was another twist.

Kurimu-chan said:
Cloudy-Sky said:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't him, but again its always the same with these kinds of stories, most prevalent in the harem genre, that the main protagonist doesn't remember that he was there before. So I really felt sorry for Izumi, she was one of my favorites but had she not died then Mei and Kouichi wouldn't have ended together.
ClementIVMar 26, 2012 11:10 AM
Mar 26, 2012 11:07 AM
Jun 2011
Why can't I mark this shit as completed?
I fucking loved the ending though, I was expecting it because of the manga.
Still, well done.
Hi.
Mar 26, 2012 11:09 AM

Sep 2011
Yvese said:
sakakibara. It was just someone that looked like him.

I'm pretty sure it was Sakaki.
[center]
Mar 26, 2012 11:11 AM

Feb 2012
Kurimu-chan said:
So, wait, they NEVER told us that the teacher was Reiko?

Nope! ^_^
Mar 26, 2012 11:14 AM

May 2011
Eh, I guess I'm the only one that thought they went stupidly overboard over the past two episodes.

Akazawa's death was retarded for the fact that she got stuck like a pin cushion to a table and Kouichi and Misaki didn't have a scratch yet they were only two feet away.

The characters still acted completely stupid and irrational. Blue haired kid took his turn to go psycho slasher.

Decent start to the series. The overall premise seemed to be a good one. But as it went on, The story regressed into a second rate forgettable slasher horror flick, with nonsensical character actions and farfetched death sequences. The show reminded me way too much of C rated movies you'd see on SciFi/SyFy and that's not a good thing in my book.

I wanted this show to succeed. I really did. I thought it could be something of a thriller suspense with scary elements. It just turned comical toward the end. It was seriously disappointing for me.

-----------------------------

BTW, I'm always one to get annoyed at people who always go "the manga was better." But in this case it really is. It's like two completely different stories. You should definitely check it out.
CirrisMar 26, 2012 11:20 AM
Mar 26, 2012 11:20 AM
Mar 2012
At the end it was really weird though, I know Mei didn't actually witness Reiko's death in the novel but did it actually say that it was Sakaki who killed Reiko 2 years ago? Can anyone who finished the novel confirm this? Either that or it was just added in the anime to make for more wtf moments at the end.
Mar 26, 2012 11:23 AM

Dec 2009
I loved to watch this show each and every week.
Too bad some assholes already spoiled the fact about Mikami being Reiko and she being the dead one. Well what can you do?

I kinda wished that Sakakibara would have let Reiko live, poor thing ; _ ;

Awesome show, almost a 10. But I'll go with 9/10.

EDIT: Why is this still an "airing" anime?
Mar 26, 2012 11:25 AM

Feb 2012
Cirris said:
Eh, I guess I'm the only one that thought they went stupidly overboard over the past two episodes.

Akazawa's death was retarded for the fact that she got stuck like a pin cushion to a table and Kouichi and Misaki didn't have a scratch yet they were only two feet away.

The characters still acted completely stupid and irrational. Blue haired kid took his turn to go psycho slasher.

Decent start to the series. The overall premise seemed to be a good one. But as it went on, The story regressed into a second rate forgettable slasher horror flick, with nonsensical character actions and farfetched death sequences. The show reminded me way too much of C rated movies you'd see on SciFi/SyFy and that's not a good thing in my book.

I wanted this show to succeed. I really did. I thought it could be something of a thriller suspense with scary elements. It just turned comical toward the end. It was seriously disappointing for me.

-----------------------------

BTW, I'm always one to get annoyed at people who always go "the manga was better." But in this case it really is. It's like two completely different stories. You should definitely check it out.
Agreed.

The anime felt like it forced the mystery of who the 'another' is.

They intentionally left out scenes from the manga which makes it seem as if the mystery itself was weak. The whole reveal at the end of this ep felt like an asspull. A cheap trick to misdirect viewers earlier on in the series.

A true mystery doesn't need to leave out scenes in order to reveal it.

Jul 2007
Oh i see. They were so similar that i thought it was him. Then it all makes sense ^^ Nice show and a cool last ep.
Jul 2009
WELL THAT WAS UNEXPECTED LAWL MKAY SLEEP TIME.
Mar 26, 2012 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
I'm very disappointed. Since the ending was similar to the way the manga ended, why did Akazawa have to die? Damn this is just wrong
Mar 26, 2012 11:28 AM

Jan 2010
Now that it ended my mondays are gonna a lot more boring.. I definitely loved this (and will continue loving it of course), 10/10 from me~ There just wasn't anything that I didn't like. Great music, animation, characters, plot, atmosphere etc.

About the ep... I liked that ending, otp feelings hnnnggg.

Apr 2011
5/10.
Aug 2008
I gave it a 9 out of 10, because I was kinda let down in the end. I didn't even realise Reiko was Ms. Mikami until now xD So I didn't really care about her being the extra.. It could've been more dramatic I think.
But it was a really good show.
Mar 26, 2012 11:30 AM

Feb 2011
9/10 that was fantastic.

I expected the teacher to be the extra so I wasn't disappointed.

I liked all the character development.
Mar 26, 2012 11:31 AM

Feb 2009
SUPERB Anime! *___* 10/10, and goes to my favorites. Sad for Akazawa... And think she suits Kouichi better than Misaki. Most of the deaths were female, the must be almost no girls in class 3 now.

Hope we get a sequel soon!
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
Mar 26, 2012 11:32 AM
Apr 2010
Just one question - when did Reiko come back to life and how nobody remembered that she died? o_O
Mar 26, 2012 11:32 AM

Feb 2012
Sir_Lexa said:
Why is this still an "airing" anime?

Because someone set the start and end dates wrong, I guess. According to MAL it ends on Wednesday.
Mar 26, 2012 11:34 AM
Feb 2012
Why would they make the stabber look like Sakakibara though?
I just don't get it.
and why does the grandpa remember the funeral and no one else?

I wanted the girl with the pigtails was the extra one but Reiko was always creepy from the start.

I'm not going to use spoilers because people who don't want to get spoiled shouldn't be coming in here to read before they finish the episode.

Also give the stupid tape recorder thing with how to stop the calamity to the principal or something!
Why would they stick it in the closet again poor kids who will have to go back to look for it.
They might never find it.
ahneemeMar 26, 2012 11:39 AM
Mar 26, 2012 11:35 AM

Feb 2012
justinas said:
Just one question - when did Reiko come back to life and how nobody remembered that she died? o_O
Seriously?

Did you even watch the earlier eps?
Mar 26, 2012 11:36 AM

Feb 2009
justinas said:

That's part of the calamity, no one knows she's the dead, so no one knows about her death. And when she's dead again, people will forget about her.

Anyways, I thought the calamity manager was it.. the dead was a bit far-fetched, you'd expect a more.. normal character (a student)
Mar 26, 2012 11:37 AM
Dec 2011
oh i c now, the guy that killed Reiko was also the same guy that help the pigtail girl? that does explain why the guy that killed her looked soo much like sakakibara and why the pigtail girl thought it was sakakibara that help her.
Mar 26, 2012 11:37 AM
Jul 2011
Can I ask a quick question? Why did Sakakibara say "Goodbye Mother" To Reiko? I thought his mother was dead? Kinda confuzzled here XD
Mar 26, 2012 11:39 AM

Oct 2009
justinas said:

That's what happens when someone becomes the another.. :']

Seems like a lot of people were right about the dead one, I really thought Akazawa was the dead one though xD
Still I'm overjoyed that Teshigawara is still alive XDDD he was my favorite character after all :']

Loved the series!
Mar 26, 2012 11:41 AM
Aug 2010
A nice ending...kinda.

The majority of the deaths for this episode were so damn laughable rather than shocking or sad.

Akazawa dying was NOT sad since she had turned into a crazy bitch, and she had been a huge bitch throughout the series so I really don't care that she died.

Once again, I really didn't like how Misaki acted during the majority of this episode, she just seemed too calm and nonchalant about the situation.

As for the Reiko thing, Yeah, it was surprising, I never thought Mikami was Reiko, then again I never questioned it.

Overall it was an entertaining anime with plenty of mystery and suspense....8/10.

Honestly, with the majority of the anime this season being GARBAGE, this anime was probably one of the best ones....but only by default.
Mar 26, 2012 11:47 AM

Mar 2010
This episode made me sure that I truly hate Akazawa. Her death scene was epic xD
Didn't expect that Reiko and Mikami was the same person but I think it was a good way to end this great anime. 10/10
Mar 26, 2012 11:48 AM

Mar 2010
ichigo03 said:

Akazawa dying was NOT sad since she had turned into a crazy bitch, and she had been a huge bitch throughout the series so I really don't care that she died.

100% agree
Mar 26, 2012 11:50 AM

Feb 2012
8/10 or 9/10 overall for this series.

Really enjoyed it, but then again I might be jaded by it being the only decent series in a season that was an utter pile of shit with such "fine specimens" as Nisemonogatari, Mirai Nikki and Black Rock Shooter stinking it up.
Pages (21) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.