Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2011 10:03 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So for whoever noticed, http://www.saiteisubs.com/ This show is looking to be finally english subbed, which is awesome because I've wanted to see this anime for years. I hope Saitei will continue, because this looks to be a hidden gem of sorts.

I love how the background art resemble paintings. Definitely a good start, here.

Jan 21, 2011 11:52 AM

Jun 2009
Hias said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So for whoever noticed, http://www.saiteisubs.com/ This show is looking to be finally english subbed, which is awesome because I've wanted to see this anime for years. I hope Saitei will continue, because this looks to be a hidden gem of sorts.

I love how the background art resemble paintings. Definitely a good start, here.

Thank you, Hias, for sharing the information! Like you I was hoping for ages that some group will take it up. I think Saitei has done a good job and that they will continue.
Jan 27, 2011 1:46 AM
Jul 2018
An incredibly funny and inventive show; a childhood favorite. But I also recommend the manga; 80% of the anime is filler (albeit an awesome filler) and the manga offers a real conclusion to the love-triangle and the mysteries that appear in the show later on.

Back to the episode, just who couldn't love Youko? She might be the rival and plays dirty to get Shun, but without her antics Tokimeki Tonight wouldn't have been this funny. I also love Shiira, she kind of reminds me of Chichi from Dragon Ball (a stron-mindedl house wife who has her doormat husband under her thumb), though way cooler. I also remember how I used to obsess over Ranze/Shun and even daydream about them back when I was a child XD
removed-userJan 27, 2011 1:53 AM
Jan 27, 2011 10:10 AM

Aug 2007
Raven_Shinobi said:
An incredibly funny and inventive show; a childhood favorite. But I also recommend the manga; 80% of the anime is filler (albeit an awesome filler) and the manga offers a real conclusion to the love-triangle and the mysteries that appear in the show later on.

Where could we read the manga? Is it even translated into english?

Jan 27, 2011 10:25 AM
Jul 2018
A group called Desert Bus is translating it and have uploaded the first four volumes that you can find on almost every scanlation site out there. Though, their update rate is so slow that I ended up importing the rest of the volumes and am currently reading them with my medicore Japanese skills.

I think the slow updating might be due to the small fanbase in the west compared to, say, Vampire Knight or Kimi ni Todoke, but the group might become motivated if there was a higher demand on it.
Dec 5, 2011 3:14 AM

Dec 2009
I'm loving this so far. It's really funny and creative, I can't wait to see more.
Dec 7, 2015 4:54 PM

Feb 2008
Great start so far, the characters are pretty funny so far. The transformation was really unexpected and hilarious. I wonder what kind of demon it will actually be.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 6, 2016 8:28 PM

Jun 2014
This looks really entertaining. Sneezing to transform back after taking someone's form? Simply genius, and funny too.

May 9, 2016 8:54 AM

Apr 2012
Well that was a rather mad cap episode. Pretty funny but wow didn't expect that ED though! 0_0
Dec 16, 2018 7:31 PM

Aug 2015
This is pretty fun. Love the mom, sexy werewolf <3

ED is pretty great, surprisingly risque
Oct 21, 2019 11:28 AM

Oct 2010
Fun episode, I'm glad I discovered it after I saw the ed randomly on yt. I like Ranze's personality, and that guy has some lines...
Jun 24, 2020 9:55 PM
Mar 2015
Watched the first episode a mere 2 days ago, and I just finished the entire thing!
If only modern day shows were as good as this!
I would wish for a rework, but they'd probably take away from the originality of the story.
I'm so happy I stumbled across this, all by chance! The references back to the 80's are so genuine and (ironically) refreshing, so 10/10 would recommend for anyone to watch!
80's anime is the real OG stuff.
Jul 2, 2021 12:42 PM

Jan 2018
Jul 2, 2021 12:44 PM

Jan 2018
Hias said:

The story felt incredibly fast-paced to me but I loved the visuals.
Catalano said:
Fun episode, I'm glad I discovered it after I saw the ed randomly on yt. I like Ranze's personality, and that guy has some lines...
Lmao same.
Aug 8, 2021 3:50 PM

Aug 2017
I like it. The comedy is fun and the characters are pretty good.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 22, 2023 8:40 PM

Jan 2013
I couldn't make it past the first episode. Yoko's dad creeped me out way too much.
'Dreams Start by Believing' ~ Haruhi Suzumiya

More topics from this board

» Hulkamania is running wild on Tokimeki Tonight here brother

tycio - Sep 6, 2015

2 by tycio »»
Jul 7, 2023 11:45 PM

Poll: » Tokimeki Tonight Episode 20 Discussion

animefan8800 - Jan 2, 2016

2 by povsuduvolosy »»
Feb 7, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Tokimeki Tonight Episode 6 Discussion

Inferno_Cop - Nov 20, 2014

2 by povsuduvolosy »»
Oct 4, 2022 2:11 PM

Poll: » Tokimeki Tonight Episode 27 Discussion

Culex - Apr 21, 2015

6 by phinist »»
Apr 15, 2022 9:02 AM

Poll: » Tokimeki Tonight Episode 25 Discussion

animefan8800 - Jan 7, 2016

3 by Lucifrost »»
Oct 14, 2021 3:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.