Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2007 1:15 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This show started pretty interesting.
I found the scene that reminded of "There is no spoon!" from The Matrix pretty funny. And I felt kind of bad for that guy who lost his nose, eye and life.. I mean, must've hurt to get your nose cut off just like that.
Dec 28, 2007 2:38 PM

Dec 2007
although the animations were not that great we'll see what the story is like.
i could get quite interesting
Dec 28, 2007 3:07 PM

Jun 2007
meh it was ok, nothing special thou...
Dec 28, 2007 3:21 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Was pretty good, surely has potential and I'm looking forward to finding out if they're going to use it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 28, 2007 3:50 PM

Feb 2007
cyruz said:
Was pretty good, surely has potential and I'm looking forward to finding out if they're going to use it.

yeah.. though the animation bothered me at times... *shrugs*

the only show with sub-par animation to get a 10 from me was higurashi :P
Dec 28, 2007 8:35 PM

Oct 2007
yeah animation looks kinda creepy, but the story seems very interesting... look forward to next ep
Dec 28, 2007 8:37 PM

Sep 2007
hm .. the opening sequence has Kusaka's arm growing out and it deals with parasite hosts etc, so it kind of reminds me of Allen Walker from d-gray man.
Dec 28, 2007 8:53 PM
Jun 2007
The story's too simple, too common, and too boring (no wonder they still don't have sponsor.. >.< ). It reminds me of million animes. The OP and ED are decent, nothing special. The game's OP has better animation and character design in my opinion.

Basing on the first 3 episodes, I'd give it a passable mark, 5/10.
Dec 28, 2007 9:21 PM

Jun 2007
Episode was ok, nothing special.
not expecting much, but its possible Ayakashi might turn out to be awesome later on.~

Dec 28, 2007 9:26 PM

Jul 2007
This episode was pretty good, I believe this series can go either way so I'll look forward to the next episode^^,
Dec 28, 2007 9:27 PM

Sep 2007
From the first episode this series looks like it might be interesting. I'm looking forward to more episodes. I'll decide if I am going to follow it after I've seen more.
Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door....
*BUTTON*!!
Dec 29, 2007 1:20 AM
Dec 2007
Absolutely cliché animé, I can't say that it was any good after watching the first episode subbed. The script is not really good for now (and we know pretty much half of it after just one episode, which is quite impressive), the animation is awful and I can't even express how much I dislike the chara-design... The OP/ED are average though and the music is good, but well, it won't save the animé from failure.

Well, it didn't pass the "first episode test" for me. There are far better animés out there, too bad I can't afford to waste my time on this ayakashi.

Dropped - 5/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 29, 2007 4:03 AM

Apr 2007
Meh-ishness... Well, I expected it to be like this ^^''. As of now its very average on my list. It could have been directed so much better. Oh well... I know it could get better later on, so i'll stick with it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2007 4:57 AM

Nov 2007
Great start! If it goes like it for the next 5-6 eps I`ll definitelly watch it still the end. The plot is cliche, The OP shows too many spoilers, music so-so, but the moment the nose of the truc was cut was like heaven on earth! From very long time there weren`t good bloody shows(ex maybe claymore), so if it goes like this i`ll be extremly happy^^
Dec 29, 2007 5:52 AM

Aug 2007
Rainulf said:
The story's too simple, too common, and too boring (no wonder they still don't have sponsor.. >.< ). It reminds me of million animes. The OP and ED are decent, nothing special. The game's OP has better animation and character design in my opinion.

Basing on the first 3 episodes, I'd give it a passable mark, 5/10.

Totally agree.

Imo it was just a mix of Night Wizard, Mushi Uta and tons of other anime i've seen. I don't like the characters (for now) ant the story is too stereotypical. Same with this mysterios Rei Ayanami clone and the two (probably the evils) guys at the end of the episode, who talked about stuff like finding 5 (or 7 or 12 etc) choosen ones or whatever an some other things to make it all more mysterious... this kind of scene is shown already 100 times in fantasy animeseries...
GladiusDec 29, 2007 5:59 AM
Dec 29, 2007 11:07 AM

Jun 2007
I rather enjoyed the first episode. It does remind me a bit of Busou Renkin, but it definitely has potential. I like the animation for the most part, except when they walk or run. Looks rather strange and awkward, for some reason. >.> This show can go either way: pretty good or terrible. Let's hope it's the former.
Dec 29, 2007 3:04 PM

May 2007
Main dude:
Worse.
Than.
Makoto.

Epic phlail dess.
Dec 30, 2007 10:26 AM

Jul 2007
Can't say much after watching this uneventful first episode. Hopefully it gets better, there seems to be some potential.
Dec 30, 2007 10:43 AM

Oct 2007
I wasn't planning on watch this show, but after the first episode I got a bit interested. I'll give this one a try, it might be interesting but I'm not expecting too much.

Dec 30, 2007 5:37 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Rifle said:
yeah animation looks kinda creepy, but the story seems very interesting... look forward to next ep

Creepy would be the word I'd use as well. Could turn out alright, will give it another episode. There was a lot of violence for me, so that may lead to me dropping it as well. Will give it another ep or two to hold my interest despite that.
Dec 30, 2007 10:10 PM

Apr 2007
Not bad but nothing real special. I'll be sticking with it to see how it turns out.
Dec 31, 2007 8:49 AM

Sep 2007
MistaNight said:
Not bad but nothing real special. I'll be sticking with it to see how it turns out.
Jan 1, 2008 5:27 AM

Jul 2007
faye said:
Great start! If it goes like it for the next 5-6 eps I`ll definitelly watch it still the end. The plot is cliche, The OP shows too many spoilers, music so-so, but the moment the nose of the truc was cut was like heaven on earth! From very long time there weren`t good bloody shows(ex maybe claymore), so if it goes like this i`ll be extremly happy^^

lol You would do better with watching Shigurui, if you want a bloody anime, but I don't think Ayakashi will turn out good. I'll give it with the second ep another chanc, but I think it surely will be a drop.
Jan 4, 2008 10:17 PM
Oct 2007
Wow... what crappy animation. Seems all blurry.

Comets do not move at anywhere near that speed either...

I'm not close to dropping it on the 1st episode though.

We'll see what happens.
Jan 5, 2008 8:45 PM

Jan 2007
I don't like the animation or main character. The plot can become something I guess, but this doesn't look like something I'll be getting excited for after each episode.
Jan 7, 2008 11:27 AM

Dec 2007
I'd defend this show from all the stereotypical people claiming how cliche it is, but I admit it wasn't all that. I won't give a vapid response like "I've seen it all before" (newsflash: we've seen EVERYTHING before), but it just didn't excite me like even Rental Magica or Night Wizard did. Still, I'll fall back on the old "I hate episode ones" excuse until I've seen a few more episodes.

Edit: The main character kinda pissed me off. Gave me so much hope in that scene where he was a kid. "I'll become a hero of justice!" And then he grows up to be some useless kid. Irritating....
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jan 9, 2008 9:01 AM

Dec 2007
well when i saw the first ep, it was kind of interesting. these days ive been missing some fantasy anime, so when this came out, it fited for me perfectly :). i dont think that these series would be really really interesting ones, but i think itl be worth watching
Feb 23, 2008 1:01 PM

Nov 2007
quite interesting anime~ and so much bloooood hrhr xD

Aug 22, 2008 12:21 AM

May 2008
I must say, I have a somewhat optimistic viewpoint of this anime.
Far more than most in this thread.

I can tell already it's far from being any sort of masterpiece, but the tenseness involved with the psychic powers, bullies, and the characters involved being cute, it's not bad at all.

It's mediocre is what it is. I suppose.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 26, 2015 8:01 AM

Oct 2014
Actually I hate school/romance stuff watching this only for blood/gore
Aug 9, 2015 2:34 PM

Jan 2012
Damn the op is good,it's been a while since i have heard a good song like this.
nice start ,best scene when his nose got cut .Sanda is crazy one.

Aug 9, 2021 2:17 AM

Feb 2014
Did Sanada just slice that guy's nose off...wtfffff O_o

And when I tell you that eye stuff made me SQUIRM O_o

I hope we get to learn more about the backstory, like when Yuu fuond out he had powers and what happened to Izumi

Also omg I literally just rewatched Kamisama Dolls (a recommended show with this one) and there are also characters named Kyohei and Aki in that xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2023 11:18 AM

Dec 2022
I was right to be intrigued by this anime. It's not uncommon for gore to be contrasted with an initially conventional atmosphere, but Ayakashi has such a visceral and sadistic depiction of it that this might've been the first time I've found it unsettling.

Izumi must've died long before the events of the anime, but who could the mysterious cyan-haired girl be?

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ayakashi Episode 12 Discussion

direbliss - Apr 2, 2008

31 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 8, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Ayakashi Episode 11 Discussion

cyruz - Apr 2, 2008

4 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:22 PM

Poll: » Ayakashi Episode 10 Discussion

what_ever - Apr 2, 2008

7 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 13, 2023 3:48 PM

Poll: » Ayakashi Episode 9 Discussion

cyruz - Apr 2, 2008

8 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 13, 2023 3:07 PM

Poll: » Ayakashi Episode 8 Discussion

Sobzob - Apr 2, 2008

5 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 13, 2023 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.