Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2007 8:35 PM
May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Happy birthday Allelujah. Not sure why but I kinda enjoyed this episode even with with lack of real action.

Note: There will be a one week break between episode 12 and 13 due to new years.
SarixDec 17, 2007 8:39 PM
Dec 17, 2007 8:37 PM

Jun 2007
Allelujah banged Sumeragi.
Dec 17, 2007 8:55 PM

Sep 2007
Allelujah's totally going to turn into a drunk. But that might be better than being crazy.
Dec 17, 2007 9:17 PM

Jun 2007

Dec 17, 2007 9:39 PM

Jun 2007
This week's episode was ok I guess....A bit weak with all the drama going on so far but ok nevertheless...Next week is hopefully the start of the Gundam Love Story...Those are always nice ^.^
Dec 17, 2007 11:10 PM

Jun 2007
I have a feeling Tieria is really a cyborg since he refers to all humans as disgraceful creatures and looks down on his own team when they make small problems. Also the captain makes the comment "we are humans after all" or "I am a human after all" often when theres a problem and he bitches. The last hint is his eyes. They light up like a circuit board when he was in that sphere thing and when his gundam changed. I can only image that the guy that had the gundams made also had Tieria made to make sure the plans are continued.

It also seems that all their missions must pass through a central computer for verification to see if they can do them or not. At least thats what I think after watching this ep.
Dec 18, 2007 12:32 AM

Nov 2007
@^
i think so too

loved the episode
Dec 18, 2007 2:20 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Very nice episode, really enjoying H/Allelujah's story.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 18, 2007 7:31 AM

Apr 2007
This ep was really cool. I just get the feeling that the Ptolemaios is turning into a dysfunction junction. No-one seems to be normal.
Long suffering /m/subs translator
http://msubsreleases.wordpress.com/
Dec 18, 2007 7:33 AM

Oct 2007
Good episode :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2007 7:55 AM

Feb 2007
DeathfireD said:
I have a feeling Tieria is really a cyborg since he refers to all humans as disgraceful creatures and looks down on his own team when they make small problems.

Maybe partly, but he's definitely also mostly human, as proven by the fact that he actually cried in the previous episode.

Also, Happy Birthday to Allelujah! :D It was a great episode again.
Dec 18, 2007 9:35 AM

Aug 2007
A good episode. It was great seeing some more back story of the other characters.
Dec 18, 2007 2:15 PM
Nov 2007
Good stuff. I definitely enjoyed the interactions between Hallelujah and Allelujah. Talking to yourself can be such fun. I wonder how much of the conversation Setsuna heard...
Dec 18, 2007 5:19 PM

Dec 2007
Hmm I liked it...wow Allelujah is totally screwed up. But this episode needs more Lockon! Can't wait until the only normal character goes totally crazy.
Dec 18, 2007 6:09 PM

Jun 2007
luinthoron said:
DeathfireD said:
I have a feeling Tieria is really a cyborg since he refers to all humans as disgraceful creatures and looks down on his own team when they make small problems.

Maybe partly, but he's definitely also mostly human, as proven by the fact that he actually cried in the previous episode.

Also, Happy Birthday to Allelujah! :D It was a great episode again.

Thats what a Cyborg is. A cybernetic organism. He's a mix of both human and robot.
Dec 18, 2007 10:53 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
DeathfireD said:
I have a feeling Tieria is really a cyborg ...

I was thinking the same thing. Oh man, makes me think of Star Trek, lol.

This ep was over before I knew it, but I didn't really get the info I wanted. Perhaps later on -- don't want to reveal everything right away I suppose.

Looking forward to next ep! Setsuna + princess, yay! :)
Dec 19, 2007 7:09 AM

Nov 2004
Pretty good story. See, it's much better when our main characters actually have a back story revealed about them. Happy to see that next episode is back to Setsuna and his supposed romance (I highly doubt it actually, he probably will not having anything romantic going on with Marina, unless it's platonic love, but she'll probably be important in how his ideals change and hopefully him becoming a more 'normal' by society's standards).

I bet Lockon won't go crazy, judging from what we know of his back story so far. He doesn't seem to have anything that will screw him up. The only thing I can see for him is he being the vengeful one but he hasn't been brain washed, modified or whatever I don't think. But then there is still the twin thing. Or clooonneee. Ah well, Gundam 00 could always pull some 360's on us.
Dec 19, 2007 2:40 PM

Sep 2007
Whee, I knew I was going to enjoy the episode when I saw the title :) Split personalities are always interesting to watch.
Dec 19, 2007 3:37 PM

Nov 2007
I wouldn't have given this episode a 5 instead of a 4 if it wasn't for the token pointless Saji/Louise scene. Nah, not really. I am getting sick of these though. At least there was no Felt/Christina nonsense. Good episode. Maybe it's because I've become more familiar with the characters, but I'm enjoying this show a lot more than earlier. Looking forward to the next.
Dec 19, 2007 3:55 PM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
Very nice episode, really enjoying H/Allelujah's story.

same here, his one is really interesting!!!

I think all the Gundams Meisters have an interesting past, slowly they will be revealed one by one, like mini arcs...
Dec 19, 2007 4:44 PM

Jun 2007
Crystal said:
Happy to see that next episode is back to Setsuna and his supposed romance (I highly doubt it actually, he probably will not having anything romantic going on with Marina, unless it's platonic love, but she'll probably be important in how his ideals change and hopefully him becoming a more 'normal' by society's standards).

lol Hero and Relena Peacecraft type Romance.

Marina: Setsuna I'm sorry about what my country did to you in the past but please stay with me. I love you.
Setsuna: If you don't shut up I will kill you.

lol but in all seriousness she's lacking the strength that Setsuna has and Setsuna is lacking the heart and openness she has, so I feel somewhere along the line they may form some kind of bond. It may not be romance but it will definitely be something.
Dec 21, 2007 12:03 PM

May 2007
I'm just glad they've finally got into some character development. The plot has been intriguing so far, but up till now, the series has lacked character development. Seems like they'll be integrating that more so in the coming episodes.
Dec 22, 2007 3:12 AM

Jun 2007
Episode 12 is out. Louise & saji need to fucking die.
Dec 22, 2007 1:55 PM
Jun 2007
DeathfireD said:
I have a feeling Tieria is really a cyborg since he refers to all humans as disgraceful creatures and looks down on his own team when they make small problems. Also the captain makes the comment "we are humans after all" or "I am a human after all" often when theres a problem and he bitches. The last hint is his eyes. They light up like a circuit board when he was in that sphere thing and when his gundam changed. I can only image that the guy that had the gundams made also had Tieria made to make sure the plans are continued.

It also seems that all their missions must pass through a central computer for verification to see if they can do them or not. At least thats what I think after watching this ep.

that's an interesting theory you got there. anyways, it was a great episode overall. I hope the next couple will also feature the backstories of the other Gundam Meisters.
Dec 23, 2007 2:03 AM

Dec 2007
DjRyuji said:
Episode 12 is out. Louise & saji need to fucking die.

I don't know about all that, but I DO question their purpose in this show. They just seem to be....there. I guess its kinda realistic though...not everyone can be important in life.

Anyway. This episode was...disturbing. I was kind of hoping Allelujah wouldn't blow up that building, but I guess there wasn't really an alternative once he was actually there. At any rate, the bit with him and Sumeragi drinking at the end was pretty cool.

BTW...I'm starting to feel the hate for Tieria. Not because he's arrogant, but because when HE screws up its magically not his fault. He can blame Sumeragi all he wants, but the fact is, it was his piloting skills (or in this case, the lack thereof) that caused him those problems. Plus you don't have conversations like that in front of everyone. Its unprofessional.

Oh well. Can't wait for episode 12.

Seems like most missions are given because the central computer thought they would be good moves strategically for Celestial Being. This just showed that their computer, Veda, is versatile enough to accept other/"side" missions given sufficient new information from a member of the group.

Also, I like the turn-around. The HRL didn't do all that much to CB in episodes 9 and 10 when you think about it, but CB leaking the info about those experiments did HUGE damage to their group. Its not a win in the battlefield, but its still a win.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jun 6, 2008 12:29 PM

May 2008
weird i noticed that the other personality of Hallellujah had a yellow eye and his hair was to the right side while main Allellujah had grayish-silver eye and his hair to the left.
Jul 11, 2008 3:20 PM

Apr 2008
Kurisu86 said:
Good stuff. I definitely enjoyed the interactions between Hallelujah and Allelujah. Talking to yourself can be such fun. I wonder how much of the conversation Setsuna heard...

Totally agree with you! ^.^ He's turning into my fave character because his backstory is so interesting to me.
Jul 23, 2008 5:37 PM

Jun 2007
I always like episodes that add to a character, and it was especially cool this time seeing as Allelujah still had a few secrets. Next, we can get Tieria out of the way so we can have more Lockon!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Jan 25, 2009 1:06 PM

Jul 2008
First episode that I really, really enjoyed. Finally the characters are being fleshed out in a way that makes them easy to relate to.

BEGINNER
Apr 2, 2009 9:53 PM

May 2008
Zarin said:
Note: There will be a one week break between episode 12 and 13 due to new years.

Two-week break, you mean?
Jun 13, 2009 8:09 PM

Mar 2009
DeathfireD said:

That's very interesting. I just watched the episode myself and I am really wondering how Teiria was able to see that conversation between Sumeragi and Allelujia. But I guess I'll just have to find that out later.

Besides that there's also that investigation involving Shenburg guy (the creator of CB), I wonder what results will come out of it. But right now that doesn't matter, the clear best parts of the episode were the ones involving Allelujiah and Hallelujiah. Allelujiah has quickly become my favorite character in this show and it was great seeing the struggle he had to face in this episode. It was also nice to see the more in depth look at his past.

So this was really a great episode for me, and judging from the preview for the next ep. it will be back to Setsuna's story.

5/5
Jun 14, 2009 7:39 PM

Apr 2007
*sigh* It seems Tieria still hasn't learned his lesson, since he's blaming everything on Sumeragi. Though, I too wonder how he was able to see Allelujah and Sumaragi's conversation.

I thought it was funny when Allelujah was talking to Hallelujah and when he turns around Setsuna's just standing there.
Anyway, when Allelujah actually reached the destination, it was hard to see him going to kill all those children. But, I did wonder why he questioned it when he already made the decision to end the experiments. mm, Happy Birthday to him. He and Lockon have my interest. And I'm also curious about Lockon(Neil)'s twin?

Do they even make Gundam series with normal people?

Thanks to Iri for the awesome Signature!! ^^
Aug 4, 2009 1:29 AM

May 2008
Cool Episode..
Feb 7, 2010 11:55 AM

Nov 2008
I did not thought that he would actually do it. But after all that they have done, it seemed inevitable.
Aug 10, 2010 7:07 AM

Sep 2009
(H)Allelujah = ♥
Oct 5, 2010 6:03 PM

Aug 2009
nice episode.
don't have much action but i enjoyed H/Allelujah's past.
hmm, i wonder what will be if all of us have split personalities
and as crazy as Hallelujah. :]

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jan 18, 2011 4:38 AM

Oct 2008
"Can I have a glass of that?"
"No you are still underage"

They can kill people but the worst crime of all is underage drinking.

Enjoyed this episode.
Apr 19, 2011 3:21 PM

Sep 2009
Tieria = Fucking Kaifun.
-gonk-
I'm starting to think he is a robot as well. Maybe he contains the memories of the old guy who created Celestial Being.

I really liked the inside the colony scenes. It was neat seeing it rotating in relation to the Gundam.
May 27, 2011 3:27 AM

Feb 2011
Sick episode, the H/Allelujah interactions are really interesting, not being sad but I hope their feud continues, 'cause Hallelujah is such a heartless motherfu*ker it makes him into one of coolest badasses in ma action 'heros'.

And this is one of few that I hope it doesn't have romance. Just saying
Aug 6, 2011 4:18 PM

Jul 2010
I felt so sorry for (H)Allelujah this episode, he had to shoot his own... kind :( I don't know what to ecpext from him in the furute but I do think Allelujah was the one who pulled the trigger in the end even though it was Hallelujah who flew away...?

Can't wait to see the other background stories, they'll probably be really sad but also interesting I guess...
Aug 9, 2012 11:29 PM

Dec 2008
Zensational said:

Enjoyed this episode.

Silly way of not giving a bad example to the younger viewers.
Apr 13, 2014 4:24 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Allelujah is really a dangerous character with that split personality of his.

I "love" the logic they have in those countries were one is allowed to be part of the armed forces (with the distinct possiblity of shooting and killing other human beings) but one is not allowed to drink at the same age. As if one required more maturity for one than for the other.

Sumeragi's body distracts me from the plot. She's got some curves on her.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 19, 2014 6:38 PM

Feb 2013
I rather enjoyed Allelujah's conversations with himself.
Aug 4, 2014 8:44 AM

Oct 2013
Man, when Allelujah was fighting with his alternate personality right before blowing up the institute, that really got a reaction out of me. That shit was deep.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 19, 2016 3:58 AM

Jul 2008
Well there goes the super soldier program.

Happy birthday H/Allelujah.
Aug 19, 2018 5:06 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That a good episode! I feel bad for Allelujah for having to pull the trigger on those kids, but Hallelujah was also right. Allelujah can't foster all of them, and they won't be able to live normal lives. If they do grow up, they will come after CB. It was a terrible project. I wonder why the kids don't react to each other, but react to Allelujah? Do they all have something that block quantum waves, but not Allelujah's quantum waves, if that's even possible? Hm... Good thing they're shutting down the department after the attack though.

Happy birthday Allelujah :D

As for Tieria being a cyborg, idk why, but that'd seem like a weird thing for Gundam to have, even though there have been/are weirder things in Gundam... maybe he has artificial eyes like Oberstein.
Oct 19, 2018 11:10 AM
Sep 2018
I was wondering if there aren't other innocents in that massive building, like janitors, etc? Guy just blows up an entire building and the dramatic focus is on how he feels sorry for himself.

These series feel like they are written by sociopaths.
May 18, 2021 4:23 PM

Sep 2017
Zensational said:

Enjoyed this episode.

yea Japanese and their strange obsession with drinking age.
May 24, 2022 6:58 AM

Jun 2015
WikiLeaks will go hard on HRL now
Jan 5, 3:05 AM

Jul 2017
i enjoyed a lot this episode, the conversation between allelujah and Hallelujah was deep, and also i liked his interaction with sumeragi (best girl)
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Requal - Mar 28, 2008

187 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KrylonBlue - Mar 7, 2008

108 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KrylonBlue - Feb 23, 2008

73 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kurotsuki - Feb 16, 2008

82 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 9 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 2, 2007

44 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 25, 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.