Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Feb 14, 2014 10:50 AM

Feb 2012
While I am 100% a TsumuguxManaka shipper, I recognize the fact this probably won't happen :'-(

But for others, do you guys think Tsumugu's feelings developed for Chisaki before or after time skip? I mean, couldn't the feelings have developed from or because of the situation at hand, since they were kind of the only two left out of the equation? Or do you guys think Tsumugu developed feelings for Chisaki before the time skip?

But he's kind of a brick wall so it's hard to tell. -.-
Feb 14, 2014 11:01 AM

Sep 2008
kokorochan- said:
But for others, do you guys think Tsumugu's feelings developed for Chisaki before or after time skip?

I have hope before time skip, if he started have feelings for her,
because she started to live with him, and they become close after time skip
I will be disappointed.
Feb 14, 2014 11:44 AM
Feb 2014
Is it just me or somebody else thins that someone is going to have a broken heart in this anime?
Feb 14, 2014 11:46 AM

Aug 2010
madara31 said:
No it's not wrong to fight for her, but he's being an asshole about it, that's all I'm saying. Nobody's perfect, but it just seems like Kaname's been slowly deteriorating into a less and less likable person ever since he confessed.

And this is just me, but although yes we all have our selfish greed and thoughts, I would never even think of letting an innocent person die, if I had the opportunity to save them, just to give my self a better CHANCE with someone. And it makes it even worse considering they were supposed to be friends. His friend was on the verge of death and he thought about leaving him. It's like ever since Kaname saw how well Tsumugu and Chisaki got along, he's treated Tsumugu like a stranger.

Ok. Heres the thing. You keep contradicting yourself. You say that we all have our "selfish greed and thoughts" but you continue to call kaname an asshole for having these thoughts.

Like the other guy said, it's not wrong to have certain thoughts, its wrong when you act on those thoughts. Kaname saved tsumugus life and didnt show any hesitation in doing so. For all we know, he simply lied when he said that he even considered letting him die because from judging his actions, he didnt hesitate one bit to save him. I think it's better to judge someone through their actions. Afterall actions speak louder than words. Also, whats your definition of innocent? Watching the love of his life slipping away into Tsumugus arms, do you really consider Kaname and Tsumugu allies? All is fair in love and war and as far as im concerned by the time of the ofunehiki, Tsumugu probably wasnt considered that much of a friend in Kanames eyes being that he was pretty much stealing his girl away from him. If anything Tsumugu was being a homewrecker not only to Kaname but to Hikari as well. His character brought a lot of conflict so to say he was innocent or a friend its kind of a stretch. They barely knew each other and for the most part I think Kaname and Hikari accepted Tsumugu into the group simply because they didnt want to look bad in the eyes of Chisaki and Manaka. They just didnt want any trouble. But anyways when Tsumugu nearly drowned that was an opportunity for all the problems and conflict to be solved but like I said earlier, Kaname was a good guy and saved Tsumugu anyways, at the expense of his relationship hopes with her.

Kaname, in my opinion has been the most kindhearted and selfless person in the anime. He just woke up and found out that his biggest fear has become reality. He wants to protect chisaki and win her over. Theres nothing wrong with that. He isnt an asshole for being honest about his feelings. I actually think that dialogue between him and tsumugu improved kanames character and showed more depth.

But anyways at this point I think the most logical pairings are:

Tsumugu x Chisaki
Hikari x Manaka

Its been pretty obvious since before the ofunehiki that tsumugu and chisaki have feelings for each other. They were definitely confirmed by the end of the ofunehiki when chisaki cried out for tsumugu, jumped in the water after him, and held tsumugu in her arms while leaving kaname helpless on the side of the boat. Not only that but their chemistry and personalities fit each other perfectly. Scenes like when they were in the kitchen together really show their compatibility. And with Manaka waking up soon they'll finally be able to get together. Also, its pretty obvious now that Chisaki isnt in love with Hikari. Shes more or less reminiscent on her past feelings. We were shown this when she spotted miuna watching Hikari talk to Manaka. And afterall, Chisaki is an adult now, it wouldnt be right to date a child. Same with Tsumugu. It just makes the most since. Theyve spent 5 years together and tsumugu just confessed his feelings for her so manaka is no longer a factor.

As for Hikari and Manaka, we all know where Hikari stands, so there are no questions asked when it comes to his feelings. As for Manaka I think its safe to say that she was going to confess to Hikari after the ofunehiki. She never actually turned down Hikari, she just didnt know how to handle the situation because she never actually thought about her feelings before. She didnt understand that the way she had been feeling towards Hikari was a feeling of love and affection. I think Tsumugus purpose was to help Manaka confirm her feelings for Hikari. If she had to choose, she'd choose Hikari everytime. He's number 1 in her heart and it's always been that way. She was always a crying wreck over Hikari and whenever her and Hikari werent getting along she was effected by it tremendously. Tsumugu just always happened to be around whenever her and Hikari were having issues. And once again, this shipping is most logical because they are actually the same age.
IDontPlay247Feb 14, 2014 12:28 PM
"A lesson without pain is meaningless. That's because no one can gain without sacrificing something. But by enduring that pain and overcoming it, he shall obtain a powerful, unmatched heart. A fullmetal heart."
Feb 14, 2014 12:04 PM

Jun 2013
Was surprised to see Kaname get emotional with Tsumugu... he was always so calm and collected.
Feb 14, 2014 12:33 PM

May 2013
i hope in next few episode we will get to see how Manaka Dies :) there simply are no other right solution to fix it all.
Fiat justitia ruat caelum.
Hi there đź‘‹, my name is Oskars, I am a Full Stack Engineer, with experience of over 15 years.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
.fsociety
.rA9
Feb 14, 2014 3:10 PM

Jul 2012
Sennengoroshi said:
Is it just me or somebody else thins that someone is going to have a broken heart in this anime?

I think that was established in episode 1, that most of the characters will end up with someone that wasn't their first love. LOL
Feb 14, 2014 3:17 PM

Jan 2013
Kaname loves Chisaki
that still likes Hikari
that likes Manaka
that likes Tsumugu
that I think so likes Chisaki

are you seeing the same thing? it's a circlelike every fucking love story but ok

also Sayu likes Kaname and Miuna likes Hikari
so we have:
Chisaki:2
VS
Hikari: 2
Place your bets.

anyways, good anime, very good actually Ç-Ç
'cause is not so obvious live the others
I hope my SHIP's happens 'cause I still waiting, before 5 years.

And I hope anyone read that ship. >.<
Feb 14, 2014 3:55 PM
Jan 2014
mayukachan said:
Sennengoroshi said:

I think that was established in episode 1, that most of the characters will end up with someone that wasn't their first love. LOL

Isn't it obvious in the reality ? LOL
Feb 14, 2014 5:30 PM
May 2013
Jesus Christ Chisaki is an annoying idiot
Feb 14, 2014 5:49 PM
Oct 2012
kokorochan- said:
But for others, do you guys think Tsumugu's feelings developed for Chisaki before or after time skip? I mean, couldn't the feelings have developed from or because of the situation at hand, since they were kind of the only two left out of the equation? Or do you guys think Tsumugu developed feelings for Chisaki before the time skip?

Before. Similar to Manaka, what he liked about Manaka was that she proved to be an entrance into the world he always dreamed about, he was never in "love" with her. He had some good discussions with Chisaki when she was working out her feelings towards Hikari, and she was cute, earnest, and endearing that even a wall would have fallen a bit in love with her.

A large part of this show is using different types of love to confuse people. Chisaki loves Hikari, but was never "in love" with him. Manaka admires Tsumugu, and may have confused it for love, but when push comes to shove she loved Hikari. Hikari is pretty straight forward, so his love was always pretty clear.

Kaname's story has yet to be told. I think he is in love with Chisaki but for the wrong reasons (more because of the four, it was obvious that Hikari loved Manaka, so he would love Chisaki). I am not quite sure why people think Kaname was so cool in the first half, he went out of his way to manipulate Chisaki (with pretty good timing). All may be fair in love and war, but love really shouldn't come with a battle plan.

I think that will be Kaname's big revelation, that he loves Chisaki, but was never truly in love with her.
Feb 14, 2014 6:14 PM

Nov 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
kokorochan- said:

Before. Similar to Manaka, what he liked about Manaka was that she proved to be an entrance into the world he always dreamed about, he was never in "love" with her. He had some good discussions with Chisaki when she was working out her feelings towards Hikari, and she was cute, earnest, and endearing that even a wall would have fallen a bit in love with her.

A large part of this show is using different types of love to confuse people. Chisaki loves Hikari, but was never "in love" with him. Manaka admires Tsumugu, and may have confused it for love, but when push comes to shove she loved Hikari. Hikari is pretty straight forward, so his love was always pretty clear.

Kaname's story has yet to be told. I think he is in love with Chisaki but for the wrong reasons (more because of the four, it was obvious that Hikari loved Manaka, so he would love Chisaki). I am not quite sure why people think Kaname was so cool in the first half, he went out of his way to manipulate Chisaki (with pretty good timing). All may be fair in love and war, but love really shouldn't come with a battle plan.

I think that will be Kaname's big revelation, that he loves Chisaki, but was never truly in love with her.

Remember that aside from Tsumugu who I think really matured and developed his own feelings, everyone else is stuck in 5 years ago (Chisaki is definitely stuck, despite her body maturing). Their mentalities havn't matured much since then so their "love" are still like that of a middle schooler, the puppy love kind that is indistinguishable from various forms of love that we come to realize as we grow older.

Sayu x Kaname, Chisaki x Tsumugu are the most solid ships imo. I hope Miuna and Manaka will find the happiness they deserve.
Feb 14, 2014 6:38 PM

Dec 2011
This anime makes my heart hurt.

Feb 14, 2014 6:52 PM

Nov 2012
what an episode .. so much fanservice for me :p
chisaki with her uniform..
another chisaki
and chisaki.. <3

btw miuna.. now she started to being side chara again? :'
and
that moment when chisaki said "ah.. I still loving hikari" sweetest scene ever! <3
Feb 14, 2014 8:06 PM
Jan 2010
Takuan_Soho said:

At no point did they say that she didn't want to be there, or that she intended to leave forever. She just wanted to return home once. Given the amount of time that had passed, do you think she really expected her former love to have waited patiently? Of course not, but that doesn't mean she didn't want to go and see what had happened to him, to have one last chance to talk with him, to have the chance to have closure. This is why the Sea God was so petty, he had no faith in her (and more to the point no faith in himself), instead he punished her for not being completely devoted to him.

Well, they didn't say she wanted to stay either! And how do you know the man didn't love her and had to give her up as well? Or it could be like everyone in this show and her feelings were unrequited but she couldn't give up.

Takuan_Soho said:

That is the Sea God's problem, that has been shown in this show countless times. His trying to stop Akari and Hikari, his refusing to give the children an Ena, he even put everyone into hibernation in order to force them to stay. He is a vain, small minded, spiteful person. This was shown last episode.

No, that's what Hikari thinks of the Sea God.

Ena was a gift he gave people so they could live underwater, which they threw away when they decided to abandon the sea, so why should he give it back? Most of the surface people don't care about the sea (unless it affects them), it is only important to those who have relatives from the sea.

Uroko has mentioned before that the Sea God is getting weaker, so the abnormal weather probably has nothing to do with him, and since he doesn't have much power he can only save his people by making them sleep until everything is over.

Also, I'm pretty sure the maiden from the continuation is the same girl the Sea God fell in love with, Tsumugu's grandfather said the Sea God tried to make her happy but since she couldn't forget the surface he decided to let her go. Uroko mentioned before that when something is gained, something is lost, this probably means that in order to grant her her freedom he had to take something in return.
Feb 14, 2014 8:30 PM
Oct 2012
meme-chan said:

No, Hikari was spot on, this is something that was revealed last week. So as not to spoil it....

meme-chan said:
Ena was a gift he gave people so they could live underwater, which they threw away when they decided to abandon the sea, so why should he give it back? Most of the surface people don't care about the sea (unless it affects them), it is only important to those who have relatives from the sea.

Threw away? So you are of the belief that people should be forced to decide between their love and their heritage? Is a Japanese woman who falls in love with an American and moves to the United States to be with him somehow no longer Japanese? Should their children automatically no longer be considered Japanese?

meme-chan said:
Uroko has mentioned before that the Sea God is getting weaker, so the abnormal weather probably has nothing to do with him, and since he doesn't have much power he can only save his people by making them sleep until everything is over.

What makes you think that Uroko is telling the truth? What evidence do we have that the Sea God is so benevolent? Perhaps he froze the village so no one else would leave?

meme-chan said:
Also, I'm pretty sure the maiden from the continuation is the same girl the Sea God fell in love with, Tsumugu's grandfather said the Sea God tried to make her happy but since she couldn't forget the surface he decided to let her go. Uroko mentioned before that when something is gained, something is lost, this probably means that in order to grant her her freedom he had to take something in return.

Why? Love isn't a zero sum game. Only when someone is selfish does it become zero sum. That ties back to what Hikari said. It also ties back to why Hikari is the hero of the series. He was prepared to let Manaka leave if she was truly in love with Tsugumu, because for Hikari it is more important that the woman he loves be happy than it is for her to stay with him. THAT is what love is. THAT is not what the Sea God did.
Feb 14, 2014 10:45 PM

Oct 2010
IDontPlay247 said:
madara31 said:
No it's not wrong to fight for her, but he's being an asshole about it, that's all I'm saying. Nobody's perfect, but it just seems like Kaname's been slowly deteriorating into a less and less likable person ever since he confessed.

And this is just me, but although yes we all have our selfish greed and thoughts, I would never even think of letting an innocent person die, if I had the opportunity to save them, just to give my self a better CHANCE with someone. And it makes it even worse considering they were supposed to be friends. His friend was on the verge of death and he thought about leaving him. It's like ever since Kaname saw how well Tsumugu and Chisaki got along, he's treated Tsumugu like a stranger.

Ok. Heres the thing. You keep contradicting yourself. You say that we all have our "selfish greed and thoughts" but you continue to call kaname an asshole for having these thoughts.
I'm not contradicting myself. Having these thoughts and acting on these thoughts are two different things, and Kaname is doing both. He admitted to wanting to leave Tsumugu to die, and as long as he doesn't confirm that he was lying, he was telling the truth.Yes he saved him, but having such thoughts was bad enough, and Tsumugu thought so too. He was also quick to snap at Tsumugu for not wanting to publish their findings without hearing his reasons why, and he was acting very possessive of Chisaki and jealous when they weren't even in a relationship.

We can all have jealous thoughts, but we also usually keep them to ourselves. Kaname hasn't been able to do that, whenever it comes to Chisaki he acts like an asshole and just can't hide his thoughts. He's been acting very jealous and petty for a while, and whenever he thinks of Chisaki, that persona emerges again and again, he can't hide it. That's the difference. Again, I'm not saying he's a bad person, I'm saying he's acting like an asshole at the moment. He isn't an asshole for being honest about his feelings, the problem is how he goes about it.

And to say that Tsumugu was innocent or a friend is definitely not a stretch. What exactly has he EVER done wrong? He wasn't "stealing" anything. As long as Tsumugu never made a single move on either Manaka or Chisaki, then Tsumugu never stole anyone. Hikari and Kaname were just jealous that the object of their affections had eyes for Tsumugu instead. Did Tsumugu mean for that to happen? no. The girls' feelings were their own and Tsumugu never manipulated any of them, he came along and stared helping people, and if those two girls started developing feelings for him because of that, then that's their problem, but Tsumugu never started helping them with that intention or motive in mind. He was accepted into their group because of his actions early on, and had vastly enough interactions with all of them to be considered a friend.
Madara31Feb 15, 2014 3:07 AM
Feb 14, 2014 11:06 PM
Jan 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
meme-chan said:

No, Hikari was spot on, this is something that was revealed last week. So as not to spoil it....

I'm sorry, but that is your theory. We still don't know much about the Sea God, it is only hinted that Uroko knows something.

Takuan_Soho said:

Threw away? So you are of the belief that people should be forced to decide between their love and their heritage? Is a Japanese woman who falls in love with an American and moves to the United States to be with him somehow no longer Japanese? Should their children automatically no longer be considered Japanese?

What exactly are you trying to say?
It pretty much depends on the person, but for most Japanese it doesn't matter if one or both parents are Japanese, if you grew up outside of Japan you're considered an outsider.

Takuan_Soho said:

What makes you think that Uroko is telling the truth? What evidence do we have that the Sea God is so benevolent? Perhaps he froze the village so no one else would leave?

Well, do you have any proof he's a bad guy? And don't give me that crap that he's making everyone sleep so they can stay by his side, the giving/taking ena randomly, etc.
Feb 14, 2014 11:28 PM
Jan 2012
mayukachan said:
Sennengoroshi said:

except for hikari. Right now, he could basically have any bitch he wanted.
Feb 14, 2014 11:53 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode. All these love rivals, someone needs to get together.
Feb 15, 2014 12:05 AM
Dec 2013
Come on people! Hikari and Chisaki might be the bitches for having all guys/girls, but as long as I know, both of them are the one that stay LOYAL to their first love.
Hikari is going strong for Manaka and,
Chisaki is reminded of her love towars Hikari once again.

But I think, what Chisaki meant is not to really wanting Hikari for her,
But its more like, "I thought I've changed so much, but my feelings for Hikari that remains the same, makes me STILL me".
She asked Tsumugu if being grown up means you lose a lot of thing,
What she meant is her feelings for Hikari. She kinda lose it (coz she growns up and Hikari stays kid). Tsumugu replied, indeed you lose a lot, but you just have to replace it with something new.
Its a sign that he wants Chisaki to replace Hikari with someone new, which is HIM!

Hikari x Manaka is an end game (except if Manaka won't wake up)
Tsumugu x Chisaki is an end game (except if Okada get rids off Manaka and Miuna, which is impossible)
Kaname x Sayu is an end game (except if Tsumugu dead and Hikari won't get Miuna or Manaka)
Miuna x Uroko-sama (we all know she will sacrifice herself for Hikari's smile or whatevs)

Ps.
About Tsumugu being Mr.Perfect.
Okada, pls make an Tsumugu-centered episode.
I'd like to see his past, why he lived with his grandpa, why he hates his parents.
And from when does he likes Chisaki.
Pleaseeee~ T_________T
Feb 15, 2014 12:21 AM

Jun 2013
Tsumugu x Chisaki x Kaname. First, it was kinda hinted that Chisaki cannot love Hikari like she always do. But then, at the end, Hikari is still her number one. Defaq Chisaki.

God, she sure is fickle! Going for the Tsumugu x Chisaki train though.

Miuna x Hikari won't happen though , i crie.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Feb 15, 2014 1:27 AM
Jan 2014
Funny how Chisaki thought she got drunk off of plum wine when it actually was plum juice. That's also the reason why she didn't have a hangover in the morning.
Feb 15, 2014 2:28 AM

Jan 2014
Just have to say (concerning Kaname and Tsumugu) why is the thirst for Chisaki so REAL in this episode?
Feb 15, 2014 5:59 AM

Oct 2013
Chisaki is going around in circles. Well, ignore her and seems grownups will be with grownups.
Feb 15, 2014 6:03 AM

Nov 2013
Chisaki should just forget about Hikari already and get together with Tsumugu. They have been living together five years and nothing happend...
Feb 15, 2014 8:15 AM
Oct 2012
meme-chan said:
Takuan_Soho said:

What exactly are you trying to say?
It pretty much depends on the person, but for most Japanese it doesn't matter if one or both parents are Japanese, if you grew up outside of Japan you're considered an outsider.

Not much for allusions are you. Let me be clearer then: Sea God = Japan, those who leave = Japanese who immigrate (primarily for marriage), Children born of these unions = Children with no ena who are outsiders (to use your world) if the return to the Sea God/Japan.

Got it? It used to be true that children who did not grow up in Japan were forever outsiders, but that has improved dramatically over the past 2 decades. All countries used to believe that the outsider would be forever alien, that one had to lose their previous culture in order to embrace a new one, but that is no longer the case.

Above you said it "depended on the person", but that isn't true in this story. The Sea God is forcing them into an either or category when he doesn't have to. So what kind of "God" punishes people not for sinning, but expressing their free will and right to love?

Takuan_Soho said:

Well, do you have any proof he's a bad guy? And don't give me that crap that he's making everyone sleep so they can stay by his side, the giving/taking ena randomly, etc.

Who said that the Sea God is bad? He isn't. He is merely immature as Hikari said. You can see that in his reaction to Akari and Hikari leaving when he caused a whirlpool to try to stop them. (Speaking of which, odds are he is in love with Akari, that was why her leaving hurt him so much, and her re-enacting the ceremony made him so mad (once again the girl comes, not entirely willingly, but with her heart back on land)). This is why he was a bit mean to Muina (the girl who caused Akari to leave), but is infatuated with her (by giving her Ena) and revealing himself only to her.
Takuan_SohoFeb 15, 2014 8:18 AM
Feb 15, 2014 10:25 AM

Jul 2009
AlexGK said:
The episode felt so awkward and forced, I dont know why they insist so badly on keeping weird ships afloat. Also, not much happened, really. I was so hoping the relationships conclusion for that show wont be in the last episode. Wont be the case, it might even pull some AnoHana ending :(

At this point I'm gonna take it all as just being very realistic. Just because ppl want certain shippings doesn't mean they will easily fall in place.

People have feelings and they aren't so easy to go away. nothing is ever so convenient.

I just wanna see a grown Hikari now.
Feb 15, 2014 11:46 AM

Dec 2012
Welp, I have no idea who to root for anymore :<

All these triangles man...
Feb 15, 2014 1:16 PM

Jul 2012
ftghb said:
mayukachan said:
Sennengoroshi said:

except for hikari. Right now, he could basically have any bitch he wanted.

True. But the problem is, he only loves Manaka...
Feb 15, 2014 1:58 PM
Feb 2014
i don't know about you guys but that episode just showed what a creep Chisaki is.
I mean the girl needs a Get THeFuckOverIt medication or some therapy.....
Feb 15, 2014 2:34 PM
Jan 2014
Pidiare said:
Just have to say (concerning Kaname and Tsumugu) why is the thirst for Chisaki so REAL in this episode?

They both have liked Chisaki for awhile, the heated confrontation they had was bound to happen eventually.
Feb 15, 2014 4:13 PM

Jul 2012
Chisaki, oh dear, I love her personality
Feb 15, 2014 5:36 PM

Nov 2012
Chisaki knows Miuna like Hikari and she still like him herself.

Hmm,Chisaki hnnggg
http://imgur.com/5T1BtOh

Kaname is such a jelly bitc-

Got scared there when Chisaki got caught up in the current,I thought the Umigami was going to make her the new bride/sacrifice.

Urgh,seriously thought Manaka was going to wake up at the end there after Chisaki realize that she still likes Hikari and they started zooming into Manaka's face.This anime is seriously playing with my feels ;___;
Feb 15, 2014 8:50 PM

Dec 2011
Started to get annoyed with this show, I thought Chisaki finally able to move forward with her life, but instead Hikari have to come and do shit things and make her fall over him all over again. That's it I'm sure no one will end up with anyone in the end. The characters in this anime never grew up even after a few years have passed. It's all about Hikari this Hikari that, I don't even know what's so great about him,
Feb 15, 2014 8:57 PM

Aug 2010
amc9988 said:
Started to get annoyed with this show, I thought Chisaki finally able to move forward with her life, but instead Hikari have to come and do shit things and make her fall over him all over again. That's it I'm sure no one will end up with anyone in the end. The characters in this anime never grew up even after a few years have passed. It's all about Hikari this Hikari that, I don't even know what's so great about him,

Man I was so pissed when she said that she still likes Hikari. Was such a good episode but that line killed it for me.
Feb 15, 2014 9:08 PM

Jul 2013
Ragna92 said:

Man I was so pissed when she said that she still likes Hikari. Was such a good episode but that line killed it for me.

what if chisaki didn't mean that she likes hikari in a romantic way? she could mean that she still respects him a lot. cuz she's highly aware of the fact that she's 5 years older than hikari, that he likes manaka and that miuna now likes hikari. also, remember what she said to hikari 5 years back right before he left to go chase after manaka when kaname ratted hikari out to manaka. so she might've not meant that in a completely romantic way. then again, it's hard to control romantic feelings
Feb 15, 2014 9:32 PM
May 2011
orchidork said:
Ragna92 said:

what if chisaki didn't mean that she likes hikari in a romantic way? she could mean that she still respects him a lot. cuz she's highly aware of the fact that she's 5 years older than hikari, that he likes manaka and that miuna now likes hikari. also, remember what she said to hikari 5 years back right before he left to go chase after manaka when kaname ratted hikari out to manaka. so she might've not meant that in a completely romantic way. then again, it's hard to control romantic feelings

No it was clear that she meant it in romantic way. She resembles Sakura and Ino from Naruto series who can't let their childhood crush over Sasuke go.

I am really sorry for Tsumugu who by far the most matured character among all and deserves someone better than Chisaki. I hope he will leave the village and Chisaki after his research will be over and never come back letting Chisaki stay with her dreams over Hikari as much as she wants.
Feb 15, 2014 9:48 PM
Jan 2014
It's ok guys!!! There's still 7 episodes left!! Maybe it's building up to something better!! :D
Feb 15, 2014 9:53 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
canisMayoris said:
i don't know about you guys but that episode just showed what a creep Chisaki is.
I mean the girl needs a Get THeFuckOverIt medication or some therapy.....

LOL this post cracked me up. Some people...

I swear this anime has like a "hated character of the week" or something. The first few episodes was Hikari. People didn't like Manaka so much either (heh, me) pre-time-skip. Tsumugu got some complaints for being too stoic. After time-skip was Miuna, now Chisaki and Kaname...well Kaname hasn't gotten that much hate, but yeah. Reading some of these comments is kind of entertaining though. If anything, it just goes to show that not everyone is perfect or always likable :/

KillerBee721 said:
It's ok guys!!! There's still 7 episodes left!! Maybe it's building up to something better!! :D

Let's all be positive like this person ^^
Feb 15, 2014 10:05 PM
May 2011
tingy said:

Let's all be positive like this person ^^

Let's not. Shitty characters always remain shitty. Nothing can change that.
Feb 15, 2014 10:34 PM
Jan 2014
solomon585858 said:
orchidork said:
Ragna92 said:

No it was clear that she meant it in romantic way. She resembles Sakura and Ino from Naruto series who can't let their childhood crush over Sasuke go.

I am really sorry for Tsumugu who by far the most matured character among all and deserves someone better than Chisaki. I hope he will leave the village and Chisaki after his research will be over and never come back letting Chisaki stay with her dreams over Hikari as much as she wants.

I agree with the Ino part but regarding Sakura I have to disagree. There have been multiple hints in Naruto Shippuden that implies Sakura has feelings for Naruto. Right now imo, Sakura loves Sasuke like a sister loves a brother.

Now with your point about Tsumugu I actually think something a long those lines will happen. I think something will force Tsumugu to leave the village and that will force Chisaki to confront her feelings for him (because she does have them).
Feb 15, 2014 10:36 PM
Dec 2012
kido22 said:
Chisaki is still believed to be in love with hikari?

I know!! although she is getting quite annoying with the tsumugu and hikari shit i cant help but love her xD specially in the scene were she tried to put her old uniform on!!
Feb 15, 2014 10:56 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
As the episodes go on, this love dodecagon really ought to be clearing up... yet it's not, and my head hurts when I try to get all these damn shippings in order.

The ofunehiki story that Chisaki was recalling was a nice explanation of what Uroko-sama said about gaining and losing something and that was a nice personification of the Sea God. I guess that it wasn't as easy as just taking Manaka back and she's all fine but whether she ultimately wakes up, I think Hikari isn't too off from finding out now.
Feb 15, 2014 11:54 PM
Feb 2014
I'm waiting ep 20 T_T never thought that Chisaki still loves Hikari .. I want to see more Tsumugu x Chisaki x Kaname
Feb 16, 2014 1:06 AM

Dec 2013
Ragna92 said:
amc9988 said:

At first I was also really pissed, but someone pointed out that the point of this episode was that all of them were frozen in time. Even for Chisaki and Tsumugu time has stopped because all the other kids were missing and therefore Chisaki couldn´t move on and Tsumugu didn´t dare to make a move on her.

Tsumugu even said: 'I really am grateful that you guys came back. Things were suspended the whole time. Now Chisaki and I can move forward'. I think this indicates that everything is still the same like 5 years ago. Everyone still likes the same person, but now that Hikari, Kaname and Manaka are back, time starts moving again . I think that's the reason why they showed that Chisaki still likes Hikari.
I really hope and think that after this episode Chisaki starts to mature and can finally move on. Otherwise the theme of change wouldn´t make sense and the theme of this anime would be 'you can never move on' , which would be really disappointing.
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Feb 16, 2014 1:14 AM
Jan 2014
Ongaku008 said:
Ragna92 said:
amc9988 said:

At first I was also really pissed, but someone pointed out that the point of this episode was that all of them were frozen in time. Even for Chisaki and Tsumugu time has stopped because all the other kids were missing and therefore Chisaki couldn´t move on and Tsumugu didn´t dare to make a move on her.

Tsumugu even said: 'I really am grateful that you guys came back. Things were suspended the whole time. Now Chisaki and I can move forward'. I think this indicates that everything is still the same like 5 years ago. Everyone still likes the same person, but now that Hikari, Kaname and Manaka are back, time starts moving again . I think that's the reason why they showed that Chisaki still likes Hikari.
I really hope and think that after this episode Chisaki starts to mature and can finally move on. Otherwise the theme of change wouldn´t make sense and the theme of this anime would be 'you can never move on' , which would be really disappointing.

I have a feeling that while knowing Chisaki's predicament with Hikari and Kaname, I doubt Tsumugu will make any move on Chisaki. He never did, and I don't think he will now. He'd rather stay friendly with her like now. Him moving forward is by admitting his feelings but it wasn't that direct either.
Feb 16, 2014 1:23 AM

Dec 2013
KillerBee721 said:

I have a feeling that while knowing Chisaki's predicament with Hikari and Kaname, I doubt Tsumugu will make any move on Chisaki. He never did, and I don't think he will now. He'd rather stay friendly with her like now. Him moving forward is by admitting his feelings but it wasn't that direct either.

Mhh, that could be true, but I still have some hope left, that something will happen and that she will have to confront her feelings (even without a clear confession from him).
I think it would be even better if she realises her feelings on her own. Still this means that in the first place there have to be some feelings for him. If not, then we really will get the 'you can never move on' ending :/!
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Feb 16, 2014 2:38 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

At the heart can not control it even after all these years is unchanged! Plot that gives space to the feelings of Chisaki, probing them, and now we know how things are!
Narration awfully slow and sweet.
Not bad for a short flashback on the past Chisaki, now we learn why she likes it so much Hikari.
The interesting question of the story told by the grandfather of Tsumugu.
Now what happens to the protagonists? The links are all still to be decided.
Who will win? I'm dying of curiosity! ^ _ ^
Very beautiful designs, as always, the PA Works works divinely.
Feb 16, 2014 2:54 AM

Jul 2012
Man this anime really gives me the feels every week.

But not enough Miuna this week... :(
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.