Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 13, 2007 11:35 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Greatest performance ever. I'm loving Kotomi-chan more and more. The reactions to the recital was great, especially with Nagisa's parents. Mahou Shoujo Kyou also wins. And we got to see Tomoyo. Awesome episode.
Dec 13, 2007 11:45 PM

Aug 2007
Haven't laughed that hard in a while, everything was awesome, nothing to complain about here, except maybe actually letting us hear kotomi play the violin well, but somehow i doubt they'll ever show that

That episode had just about everyone in it, and the humor was pure win
shadowrazeDec 13, 2007 11:49 PM
Dec 14, 2007 12:09 AM

Feb 2007
I was like this when Sanae fell victim to the violin performance:

"NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Definitely the best episode so far. I'm becoming very fond of the Sprocket subs. "The hell is this" is so much funnier than "What the heck".

Random dream was random. Interesting end was interesting.
Dec 14, 2007 12:25 AM

Aug 2007
I forgot to mention that after this episode, Kotomi's moved up to the point where I think she's at least tied with Nagisa in who i want to end up with Tomoya
Dec 14, 2007 1:11 AM

Nov 2007
Ahaha gotta love Kotomi on that! I like how she kept sayin "Nande ya nen?!" Makes me wonder if she lived or was born in Osaka. Maybe she'll get to play the violin pretty well next time! I'm interested on what Kyou was talking about with Tomoya and then Ryou! Yay Tomoyo was there too!
Dec 14, 2007 5:36 AM

Oct 2007
I think I can translate the Latin. =,=''

Should I bother?

My kingdom for a bottle of plum juice!
Dec 14, 2007 7:57 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
No. watch the SS-Eclipse sub instead. They translated it too of course. -_-

Anyway, great episode. Kyou rocked and of course Kotomi was awesome, I actually thought that there would be an improvement. xD

But I was afraid they'd put Kyou's and Kotomi's arc together, looks like that's exactly what's happening. I was so looking forward to a whole arc dedicated to Kyou <3 . Oh well, ... *thinks* ... of course it could be that Kyou just asked on the behalf of Ryou when they were sitting on the bench, waiting for the bus. Interesting. :D

As always, looking forward to more of course.
cyruzDec 14, 2007 8:01 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 14, 2007 8:19 AM

Sep 2007
a great episode, a strange dream lol maybe some reference?
lol and till the end i still believe that kotomi could play the violin sicne shes a genius.
ofc the end make me want to watch the next episode as fast as possible, maybe the guy is related to her family? who knows..
Dec 14, 2007 8:36 AM
Aug 2007
Bonjour~
Dec 14, 2007 9:12 AM

Jun 2007
Kotomi's violin performance was great lol. Nagisa's parent's reaction was the best
Dec 14, 2007 9:42 AM

Jun 2007
Kyou asking Okazaki strange question at the bus stop,got a sign of Kyou likes Okazaki.Well,it might be Kyou asking behalf of Ryou.Lol,Kotomi and Ryou is rival....
Dec 14, 2007 10:26 AM
Nov 2007
LOL, that was great.
Dec 14, 2007 10:43 AM

Oct 2007
Indeed its was a once in a lifetime show... I love clannad soooo much :P
Everything was amazing...

I liked the way Kyo was coming onto Tomoya :P
The way Tomoya though for a second that Kotomi was coming onto him... I actually think she was, for Kotomi reading a book is very special... :P

By far though, the Dream Okazaki had is the best, combined with the recital!!! :P
FriendlysoulDec 14, 2007 10:46 AM
Dec 14, 2007 10:52 AM

Aug 2007
haha bon-jour.. noo!!~
Dec 14, 2007 10:57 AM

Apr 2007
Oh God, the mahou shoujo Kyou part was hilarious. Tomoya is so damn fun.

Also, some progress on Kyou's Arc as well. And by the looks of the preview, Kotomi arc ends next episode? That's good.

Kotomi-chan does have a child aura to her. But when she opened the window and started saying those random words, I was really surprised. She does seem to like Okazaki. Then again, who wouldn't?

Nagisa, some more improvement please! You're being left behind T_T

Nagisa's parents steal the attention everytime. They're epic comedians.
Dec 14, 2007 11:20 AM

Nov 2007
Best ep. so far in my opinion. So much stuff is goin' down. Can't wait for the next ep cause it looks like it's going to be really interesting. I've watched it with 3 different sub groups now.

I still don't get the part when she said "The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit. Yesterday it was a deer. Today, you." I think it has some importance since it was an emphisised(spelling) scene. Really well done. I also really liked the part where she said bonjour and especially when she said it slower.

Also I think we will find out what that man in the coat said to Katomi in the next episode. I don't know why but I think he might be her father since we all know she apparently isn't on good terms with her parents.
HellmonkeyDec 14, 2007 9:21 PM
Dec 14, 2007 11:40 AM

Aug 2007
AngelLily said:

Nagisa's parents steal the attention everytime. They're epic comedians.

haha yes. They remind me of Isaac & Miria from Baccano!
Dec 14, 2007 12:18 PM

Nov 2007
Kyou just becomes more and more awesome each episode. She tackled Kotomi in the beginning there! Oh but they had to cut to the OP; no yuri eye-candy that episode ...although Nagisa and Ryou clutching each other on the roof while Kotomi was practicing was kind of adorable (amidst the chaos).

And I'm a little sad that I don't get to hear good violin after having looked forward to it the whole series based on the OP. ^^; Ah well, Kotomi is still a lovely moeblob in her own right.

So in Tomoya's dream, when Kyou was talking about harmful gases from baking bread, is that truth? I've never baked before. If so, then Kotomi's apple pie wasn't so perfect after all. Perhaps the apples trapped in some of that gas.

Anyone with a foot fetish has got to love Kotomi this episode; that was a mysterious scene right before the commercial break...
Dec 14, 2007 12:41 PM

May 2007
I just really love all the characters in Clannad. Each and everyone of them have strong personality, it's so hard to pick favorite.

Another exhilarating episode~ Now one can wonder what do they have in store for Kotomi.
Dec 14, 2007 12:42 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
It's true, there's something magical about Kotomi mostly being barefoot.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 14, 2007 12:52 PM

Aug 2007
Best episode EVER!
I too am sad that it seems the Kyou and Kotomi arch is merging, but I think the main focus is still on Kotomi and Ryou/Kyou are going to be a seperate arch. Though from the looks of it there doesn't seem to be too much of a "magic" theme in Kotomi's arch, reminds me a bit of the Shiori arch from Kanon. After seeing that cloaked guy again at the end, I'd say that he's her father... but then that would kinda be a bit unoriginal wouldn't it? Maybe Kotomi is an alien and he's part of the CIA trying to get her back to the lab ;P
Most important, after seeing the way Kyou/Ryou react, I'm 40% sure that Kyou and Ryou are the same person or something like that, you know something along the lines of being the same person but spliting into halve due to some reason unknownst to us... kinda unlikely but that's sorta what I though from the beggining, after all Key usually displays mystics instead of real life drama and such.
Anyway, back to what I was saying originally, AWESOME episode, My favorite part was probably either the way that Kotomi looked at Tomoya and opened the window (immediately preceeding the dream sequence), or the overall recital, god it was hilarious.
I think the Kotomi arch has to have at least two more episodes (hopefully) left before it branches out to Kyou or Tomoyo arch
Dec 14, 2007 2:27 PM

Oct 2007
Wow! Now that was the funniest episode I have have seen so far and there were times when it was so funny that I cried. The best was when Kotomi was trying out her jokes.

"What the heck" ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2007 3:01 PM

Nov 2007
The part with the violin recital was just too funny :D
Dec 14, 2007 3:11 PM

May 2007
tagger said:
After seeing that cloaked guy again at the end, I'd say that he's her father...

Yeah, i thought the same thing. And if he is really her dad, Tomoya will probably do something, sice he has problems with his dad too. If thats the case, maybe it might fix his fight against his father...

tagger said:
but then that would kinda be a bit unoriginal wouldn't it?

Yeah, but im sure Key with handle this problem. (Erm... already hadled xD)

tagger said:
Maybe Kotomi is an alien and he's part of the CIA trying to get her back to the lab ;P

lol

This episode was pure win.
I can´t even decide which girl i like more xD
Kyou, Ryou, Tomoyo, Kotomi, Fuko (This one is simply epic xD)

Tomoya is simply the best main character EVER.
He is just too damn funny xDDD
That dream he had, epic.
And kyou as mahou shoujo, man, just pure win XDDDDDDD
Dec 14, 2007 4:10 PM

Oct 2007
Again, awesome episode.
Dec 14, 2007 4:25 PM

Oct 2007
roflroflrofl, this episode was so great
Dec 14, 2007 4:31 PM

Dec 2007
God, that was quite a laugh XD That "recital" was superb! Suteki! Sugee~! God, I LOVED Sunoharas face XD and that Neko together with Botan XD OMG...

Second place goes to Kyou no Majikaru Turansuforumeishyon
"Want me to hit you until you cry?" XD

Then goes Kotomi "Bo~N~Jou~R..."... KAWAII!! XD I start to like Kotomi more and more...

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Dec 14, 2007 4:41 PM
Cool Story Bro

Dec 2007
I liked it, funny episode =)
Kotomi was very cute ^^
Dec 14, 2007 5:04 PM

Feb 2007
By far the funniest episode so far. The recital was pure genius, I laughed my ass off during the death scenes =DDD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Dec 14, 2007 5:10 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I posted here, and for some reason it didn't show up :( Oh well, great ep. Glad we got to see Tomoya's dad again, and that didn't just disappear into the netherlands. I'm guessing his dream (the random one) might have to do with the pressures of that.

The part with Kotomi standing at the window was beautiful, and I want to know what that was all about... they kind of pretended like it never happened. (Tomoya's gotta know she likes him, it's completely obvious xD)

I thought the animation at the end with the weird guy was also great. Nagisa holding him off and Tomoya running up and shoving him away from her xD That's right! Go save her!! Kyou was awesome there too.
Dec 14, 2007 5:39 PM

Nov 2007
Awsome episode, even better than the last 1. The mahou-shojo kyou part was so funny and cute "piraruku piraruku gyo gyo gyo gyo gyo i love fish" XD
wonder who that weird old guy is at the end, i hope he doesnt hurt kotomi-chan
yuichii2Dec 14, 2007 5:52 PM

Dec 14, 2007 6:05 PM

Aug 2007
I'm sad that these girls (especially Kyou) are setting themselves up for a fall when Tomoya inevitably picks Nagisa. Why must all harem anime be like this! ='(

Memorable Episode Moments!
1. Kotomi's violin of death
1a. Fatalities from said violin of death
2. Mahou Shojo Kyou
3. Random Innuendos!
4. Blushing Tomoyo
5. Kotomi~ (need I say more?)

I'll be mad if Fuko gets a longer arc than Kotomi, we need more moe~!!!
Dec 14, 2007 6:20 PM
May 2007
Hellmonkey said:
I still don't get the part when she said "The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit. Yesterday it was a deer. Today, you."

I'm lead to believe that it's referring to Kotomi coming to see Tomoya for who he is and her growing fondness for him. I've heard the same saying before and if I remember correctly it is used to mean just that. It definitely is a high-level saying.
Dec 14, 2007 7:18 PM
Sep 2007
Everyone have forgotten Fuko :( XD I loved this episode. even though I didn't like the fact that Fuko disappeared from the story (she was my favourite character), Kotomi's arc is great, I love her. I can't see why everyone is so excited about Kyou, I don't really see anything interesting about her, Kotomi on the other hand is great, everything about her is great, the best character so far (along with Fuko), though we can't forget Tomoya. The story is getting more and more interesting, specially after this episode's end, can't wait to know who was that misterious guy.
For Kyou I don't think she's interested in Tomoya at all, I think she's doing everything for her sister, which would be the ovbious thing to think after watching this episode, but who knows, only time XD
Man I would love Tomoya to end up with Kotomi, or at least I'd like them to go out for a while lol.
Does anyone understand what does it mean the secuences with the little robot and the girl? I would think it has something to do with Kotomi, but I don't undrestand.

Well a great anime, I love how the characters are growing and how they develop their personalities (can't wait to see Tomoya kiking his father while he is sleeping XDDD), I hope Nagisa takes more protagonism in the next episodes, she is being held up.

Solid.

PD: Sorry about my English.
solid-snakeDec 14, 2007 7:21 PM

"Is this not what you expected to see?"
Dec 14, 2007 7:21 PM

Oct 2007
Great epi... really funny. I'm starting to like Kotomi, she's kinda like Mai in a weird way. >_<

Dec 14, 2007 7:24 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Hellmonkey said:
I still don't get the part when she said "The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit. Yesterday it was a deer. Today, you."

It's from a Science Fiction short story called The Dandelion Girl:

Summary:

It's occurrence in the story:

I think it has to do with Kotomi living out each day in library, until Tomoya came along. While she was seeing different sights, she was still alone. But now she has him, and well yeah, I'd figure she's saying she falling in love with him.
Dec 14, 2007 7:28 PM

Nov 2007
I wouldn't say everyone's forgotten about Fuuko. ...Not on purpose at least; it was still bound to happen since she had been a projection the whole time. She was just successful in having her sister's wedding.

But the beginning of ep10 showed us that she hasn't just been written out of the storyline and is at least still in the back of Nagisa's and Tomoya's minds. They just need the right cues, and it could mean that Fuuko will be back at the very end of the series.
Dec 14, 2007 7:36 PM
Sep 2007
I totally agree with you Crisu, but what I meant by "everyone" was us, Clannad fans lol I know it is not as simple as "Everyone in the story forgot about Fuko", we could even make a philosofical matter out of that, but that wasn't my point lol. Sorry I didn't express myself correctly.

Solid.

"Is this not what you expected to see?"
Dec 14, 2007 8:02 PM
May 2007
Semi off-topic:

There will be a two week break between episode 12 and 13 due to Christmas and New Year.

What will we do? O_o;
Dec 14, 2007 8:05 PM

Oct 2007
T_T I heard about the two week break D: Tragic ><

Once again, awesome episode (Y)
LOL. <3'd the performance and the random dream xD
Ah, heck, I loved everything :3
Dec 14, 2007 8:16 PM

Jun 2007
wow. sugoi episodu... once again, clannad shows us why kyoani is really awesome.

highlights:
1. Bonjour~ and it in slow motion... kawaii
2. kyou's talk with tomoya, it pretty much showed me that she might be interested in tomoya as well.
3. kotomi's deathly violin skills.
4. nagisa's parents reaction, and death.
5. even animals dying... lol
6. Mahou Shoujo Kyou! she looked cute in the outfit. tomoya laughing his ass off is always fun to watch.
7. kyou's angry face makes me laugh from time to time.
8. kotomi's talk at the library
9. tomoya's dream... i was surprised for the first 5 seconds.
10. nande yanen, nande yanen, nande yanen
11.the man at the end is mysterious, i wanna know more about him. and, my guess would have been that he is kotomi's dad as well.
12. kotomi and kyou had more screentime/were more centered than nagisa. i just prefer those two over nagisa too much... dont blame me.

well, the episode had a lot of highlights, which is awesome, i look forward to the next episode, and its awesomeness.
Dec 14, 2007 8:16 PM

Nov 2007
Zarin said:
Semi off-topic:

There will be a two week break between episode 12 and 13 due to Christmas and New Year.

What will we do? O_o;

no clannad for 2 weeks? >:(] NOOOO!

Dec 14, 2007 10:29 PM
Oct 2007
Ha funny episode, though I was hoping in the beginning kotomi would be more intelligent. actually my spell checker marks kotomi as incorrect and one of the suggestions is lobotomize :o

Someone asking about the gas produced when making bread
It's just CO2, which isn't poison but you could suffocate if there was too much, with baking bread it's pretty unlikely to do anything.
Dec 14, 2007 11:09 PM

Feb 2007
cyruz said:

But I was afraid they'd put Kyou's and Kotomi's arc together, looks like that's exactly what's happening. I was so looking forward to a whole arc dedicated to Kyou <3 . Oh well, ... *thinks* ... of course it could be that Kyou just asked on the behalf of Ryou when they were sitting on the bench, waiting for the bus. Interesting. :D

ME TOO.

and I am sorry to all the fuko lovers but... they could have cut down her arc and prolonged the whole kotomi and kyou arcs. as well as tomoya. :(

and yeah, I decided that she could have been asking on behalf of Ryou but.. do they really have time for Ryou? I doub it... D:

ps. everything about this ep was win.

I rerated clannad 10/10 but.. not sure.. hm

this ep was just too good.
Dec 15, 2007 2:21 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
selective_yellow said:
and yeah, I decided that she could have been asking on behalf of Ryou but.. do they really have time for Ryou? I doub it... D:

Probably not, judging from the OP, it doesn't look like that Ryou will get her own arc.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 15, 2007 4:36 AM

Apr 2007
I don't think Ryou has her own arc in the game either. I believe it's just Kyou.

Two weeks without Clannad? We can huh... Come up with conspiracy theories. I know PimpToad is good with those XD
Dec 15, 2007 8:06 AM

Aug 2007
This episode had some really great scenes.

I really enjoyed the scene with Kotmoi when she was talking to Tomoya when she was near the window. They really capture her well, it made her feel so mysterious.

I can't wait for the next episode, since it looks like it will be more serious, but I hope they don't end the arc next episode.
Dec 15, 2007 8:46 AM

Sep 2007
Kotomi reeked of moe already in the first two minutes XD

rofl at the death scenes too :P

And not much else to say since everyone's pretty much hit all of them.
Dec 15, 2007 2:02 PM

Jun 2007
Even though she's still my least favorite, Kotomi grew on me a bit in this episode. Loved the bonjour part. XD The ending was definitely awesome, with the mysterious man and Kotomi's violent reaction. Still, I wish Kyou would get her own arc. She's too awesome not to, really.
Dec 15, 2007 5:23 PM

Aug 2007
AngelLily said:
I don't think Ryou has her own arc in the game either. I believe it's just Kyou.

Two weeks without Clannad? We can huh... Come up with conspiracy theories. I know PimpToad is good with those XD

Well if Ryou plays an integral role in the Kyou arc, we can just say that the Kyou arc is the twins arc? o_O

Either way, Kyou is already setting herself up for a fall by urging Ryou to go out with Tomoya. This shouldn't be a spoiler because it is painfully obvious...

I am honored that my loopy head can be of used to the community...xD
Lots of conspiracy theories to be made if kyoani gives us a cliffy next week, which they probably will to torture us xD

They have to sell those chibi Kotomi figures, seen in the LSD induced dream of Tomoya-kun. Must buy chibi Kotomi-chaaaaan~ xD
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

nodoka-koi - Nov 22, 2007

194 by CalmTeaTime »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Clannad Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Nov 16, 2007

154 by CalmTeaTime »»
Yesterday, 4:20 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Nov 9, 2007

154 by CalmTeaTime »»
Yesterday, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Nov 2, 2007

153 by CalmTeaTime »»
Yesterday, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Oct 26, 2007

181 by CalmTeaTime »»
Yesterday, 2:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.