Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2007 12:33 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode, it got really emotional (gotta love how Nakahara Mai cries) and I cracked up when Fu-chan started to smack Sunohara with the starfish. That was priceless and combo of two achievements xD . Nagisa and Fu-chan fighting over which was cuter was awesome as well. Looking forward to the final Fu-chan episode.

[edit]: Kyoukyoukyoukyoukyoukyoukyouyoyo!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 16, 2007 12:39 PM

Mar 2007
Wonderful episode.. That's all I can say.
Nov 16, 2007 12:50 PM

Apr 2007
Some hilarious parts, such as Fuko hitting Sunohara with the starfish.

I was more impressed with Sunohara. Despite the idiotic and sometimes rude behavior, he's shown to be a caring person. Made me like him even more.

But really, I'm tired of Fuko... Too many episodes on her. I just lost the ability to sympathize with her.
Nov 16, 2007 1:23 PM

Jul 2007
Fuuko's story feels flat to me. I know they want me to bawww about it, but I'm not feeling it. I've seen it before, so it's nothing new. The jokes are a bit on the lame side. Kind of forced. Especially the tongue twister.... Decent episode, but I think it's trying to do something deep and powerful, and it's not working. I want more Nagisa x Tomoya. Most of the other girls seem more interesting then Fuuko too.
Nov 16, 2007 1:40 PM

Jan 2007
I'm with cyruz on this one, great episode. I just loved the fight between Fuuko and Nagisa.
Nov 16, 2007 1:47 PM
Aug 2007
noo Fuko!!!!!
Nov 16, 2007 3:11 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode and I especially loved the 2 new Masteries XD.

This wasn't the best episode but it was still superb and even though Fuu-chan's story is similar to the story found in Kanon, it is starting to do some new to it. Hope they keep it up. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2007 3:28 PM

Oct 2007
Awesome episode, and pretty emotional as well. Favorite parts was with Kotomi, when fuko was so amazed at how much she knew about star fish XD and the whole meeting the four of them had was funny! I can't wait for the next one, but I really like fuko now, it sucks it may be ending soon ;_; Sunohara moved up on my clannad list this episode, getting better.
Nov 16, 2007 3:30 PM

Oct 2007
I like the added dimension that this episode gave Sunohara's character. Although he's usually picking fights, you can tell he's actually a good guy towards the end of this episode. Despite being a seemingly emotional episode, for some reason, I wasn't really feeling it. I get the feeling that the arcs get better as this serious continues. Still curious what will happen next, we'll see.
Nov 16, 2007 4:33 PM

Feb 2007
Another great episode, and while I like Fuko a lot, I really hope her arc ends in the next episode. Already 1/3 of the show has mostly centered around Nagisa and Fuko. I need to see more Tomoyo and Kotomi. ^_^

Best part of the episode: The Starfish/Dango arguement between Fuko and Nagisa. No Sanae scenes in this episode though...boo.
Nov 16, 2007 5:37 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Last episode, I was itchy for this arc to end, but this episode kind of redeemed it for me... and makes me less sticky about the arc ending next ep (... or so I'm guessing). I wasn't crying or grossly upset, but I wasn't indifferent either - in truth, I expected it from the beginning (when the girl ignores her). I expected her to get worse, and I expected Nagisa to get really emotional about it, but what really surprised me was that Tomoya was brought to tears, and Sunohara's moment of maturity.

I don't know that it necessarily shows he's a "caring" person. But it turns him from a mindless (albeit funny) character, to one with a bit more perception. Whether his character is going to begin to change or deepen from here on, I don't know. Maybe they just needed *someone* to notice, and he was a good fit. I hope not, considering he's the only other male character ^^;

Otherwise, loved the two new masteries (Fuko hitting Sunohara was the starfish had me laughing out loud) and I liked the preview for next ep.
Nov 16, 2007 5:40 PM

Apr 2007
Every week i say Best episode ever and this one was just the best

I cried while watching this episode...it's so sad cause it's like Ayu from Kanon but people are forgetting her...i love this arc but alas they must end

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Nov 16, 2007 6:00 PM

Aug 2007
an "awww" episode
Nov 16, 2007 7:02 PM

Sep 2007
-lol @ Fuuko trying a tongue twister :P
-I also liked how they fleshed out Sunohara's character so that people know he's not merely around just for the humor. I hope he stays around as a main character since it'd be interesting to have two guys involved rather than just one like it was in Kanon and Air.
-Loved the Starfish vs. Dango war XD
-I don't think Fuuko's story is dragging on but I do wish we'd see more of the other girls. But hey, this reminds me of Makoto's arc in Kanon where most of the other girls disappeared too. Oh well.
Nov 16, 2007 7:06 PM

Aug 2007
This episode is definitely my favorite yet, it had just about everything you could ask for. It delivered in both hilarious comedy and great drama.

Favorite humorous parts have to be the tongue twister part and then how sunohara gets taken away by the mob of fuko fans, then of course the new masteries, the dango vs starfish fight, and when kotomi told fuku all those facts about starfish
Nov 16, 2007 7:40 PM
May 2007
I think the Fuuko arc has been stretched out one episode too many. The only story elements that happened the entire episode was how she was being forgotten and that they want the wedding to be at the school. Everything else was just filler basically.

I certainly hope the next episode is the end of the arc. That being said I found Fuuko an extremely boring character to begin with and only managed to stay interested by the tidbits of humour, something that was lacking for the majority of the episode as it has reached the serious part of her story.

Edit: By the looks of the next few episode titles Fuuko's arc still has two episodes left. =(
SarixNov 16, 2007 7:49 PM
Nov 16, 2007 8:47 PM

Jun 2007
i loved this episode. i definitely love the fuko arc, and i wish it was the last one...
well, this episode was both funny, and sad, but nevertheless, i liked it.
nagisa definitely cries too much.
kotomi-chan knowing more about starfishes, and fuuko amazed by it was fun.
tokyo tokkyo kyokakyouku!! i liked the way okazaki did it... fun... plus fuu-chan's fan taking sunohara somewhere was fun to watch
the war between the dango and the starfish was fun to watch... the way they ended it up was... just... funny...
fuko poking/hitting sunohara with a starfish was really...really...fun
"mastered "swapping the sculpture in hand"" and "tomoya became the" fuko master " " looking forward for more masteries xD
okazaki crying made me feel sad, in some way
and sunohara's personality looks more decent, and he became a better character
cant wait for more fuko-desu
Nov 16, 2007 8:50 PM

Sep 2007
Interesting ep, on many levels. I'm kinda hoping this anime will start moving a little faster, considering we're almost 1/3 through, but I can never get enough of Fuko-chan. ^^
Nek0Nov 17, 2007 2:34 AM

Nov 17, 2007 1:21 AM

Sep 2007
uhh great epi some funny mments but still very sad
i dont know if it could have a happy end

Nov 17, 2007 1:28 AM

Jun 2007
I'm beginning to wonder what would happen if she was to go to the hospital and stand face to face with her body. Would she awaken or would she die? It would be interesting if her sister brought her sleeping body to the wedding and then she woke up at the end.
Nov 17, 2007 4:43 AM

Apr 2007
Somewhere, deep inside, I'm hoping Fuko's story isn't so similar to Ayu's. I'm here, sitting on my chair, waiting for a twist.
Nov 17, 2007 4:45 AM

Oct 2007
Aw. Poor Fuko D= Taking a turn for the worst, her story ;.;
Nov 17, 2007 7:57 AM

Oct 2007
LOVELY EPISODE :P
Great story progress, its getting better and better. It has more sad parts but its good nonetheless... We saw Okazaki cry...

EDIT: Anyone know how Ibuki's first name is spelled? Is it Fuko or Fuuko?
MAL says its Fuuko, Wikipedia says its Fuko...

Anyhow, on to the funny parts...

First we had the funny Tongue - Twister battle, where i still am not sure what Ibuki-chan was trying to say there :P

The Whistle for the protection call was by far the best here, i loved the fact that it was silent, but the people still heard it, like dog hearing :P

I felt bad that Youhei got damped THAT FAST... Anyone else???

But at least we got to see the reaction everyone was EXPECTED to have if they found out it was a starfish :P lol @ that!

The Parade was another lovely Fuuko-chan dream :P

Starfish VS Dango fight... funny but only the songs were worth mentioning
I would like to hear the whole song though :(

Poke Poke Poke, I love it when Okazaki tricks Youhei, he is just so easy to deceive :P

And last but NEVER least, we have the masteries :P

FriendlysoulNov 23, 2007 3:36 AM
Nov 17, 2007 8:40 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Friendlysoul said:
In the OP it says Fuko. I changed the name here on MAL.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 17, 2007 10:20 AM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
Friendlysoul said:
In the OP it says Fuko. I changed the name here on MAL.

Ok tnx, even though i remember i was the one who requested the change some time ago, but then i got confused since some subbers also used Fuuko... :P

But i think Fuuko is the right name right now though, because the game translation official wiki page says so...
check here: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index.php?title=Clannad
Nov 17, 2007 10:56 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Official TV show > Official translation wiki page.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 17, 2007 12:23 PM

Apr 2007
Her name indeed is ふうこ, which reads Fuuko [says a friend of mine, not me]. Official romanization, however, is Fuko.
Nov 17, 2007 1:40 PM

Oct 2007
Its confusing.... When i talk about her, sometimes i say Fuko and sometimes Fuuko...
At least everyone knows who i am talking about :P

P.S. I love Fuuko-chan!!!
Nov 17, 2007 4:32 PM

Oct 2007
Well, I guess it depends on the romaji. 2 u's usually mean that the syllable is held twice as long as normal. Usually this makes a difference considering how some words sound the same but mean different words. Obasan usually means "aunt" whereas obaasan means grandmother. Emphasis is important.
Nov 17, 2007 11:40 PM

Nov 2007
I like this show better when it's being funny than when it's replaying the same stuff from Kanon and Air with different characters.
Nov 18, 2007 4:36 AM

Nov 2007
Wow, Sunohara redeemed himself to me =O
Ubuhh... feel kinda sad for Fuko-chan it's was so sad when people started to forget about her...

Come visit my dA account: http://yanagitakeshi.deviantart.com
Come visit my city here: http://brave-willow.myminicity.com/
Like dinosours? Sign up & play here: http://www.dinoparc.com/?ref=Takeshi
Nov 18, 2007 4:50 AM

Apr 2007
"Censored_Vagina" said:
I like this show better when it's being funny than when it's replaying the same stuff from Kanon and Air with different characters.

So one thing is common makes it a "replay"? Way to not consider the differences in stories. Clannad is not all fun and games, from what I've heard, so you better prepare yourself.
Nov 18, 2007 9:41 AM

Apr 2007
Censored_Vagina said:

If anything, Clannad's story is more different from Kanon's and similar to Air's. But yeah, all this stuff about how its the "same" as Kanon is getting annoying. Of course it'll be similar, they're done by the same people, KEY and KyoAni. But at least give it some time before saying its the same stuff when they've only done one arc.
z-pakNov 18, 2007 9:46 AM
Nov 18, 2007 5:18 PM

Jun 2007
The toung twister and the part where Fuko slams the starfish at Sunohara face were pretty funny. xD
This episode got me emotional towards the end. T__T I dont care is Nagisa cries a lot, shes still too cute.

Nov 18, 2007 7:42 PM

May 2007
Loved this episode.
Best moment in my opinion: (put in spoiler in order to save space)
he is really almost an all-around perfect character
Nov 20, 2007 1:09 AM

Aug 2007
Awesome episode. 5/5 Lol'd and it was kinda emotional. I don't mind that Fuko's arc is going on for so long; its still great.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Nov 21, 2007 8:29 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome episode indeed,I always laugh so much when I watch Clannad :D
Nov 21, 2007 8:10 PM

Mar 2005
this arc needs to end. it really is becoming like a mix between Ayu's arc and Yorito's arc from sola. D:

the first arc in Kanon was also the weakest, so hopefully they finish this soon before too many people write this off as a Kanon knockoff
Nov 25, 2007 9:16 AM

Mar 2007
Ohmygoddd. The end of this episode is the closest I ever got to crying during this anime... ;___; Fuko...
Nov 25, 2007 1:59 PM

Nov 2007
I must be more sentimental than you, as I was in tears at the very beginning, where Tomoya and Nagisa are "speaking on behalf of" Fuuku. I was close to tears throughout most of the episode until they started up again at the end. I probably would have cried along with Nagisa if the "Fuuku beats up Touhei" scene didn't have me in stitches.

Regarding the transliteration of Fuuku's name: It seems that the kana really can go either way (風 can be either "fu" or "fū"), but it seems to be pronounced more like"Fūku" (ふう vs. ふ). Since macrons are not easily typed on English keyboards, "ū" is usually written as "uu" in modern romaji, just as "ō" is transliterated as "ou". For whatever reason, the anime's artists decided to render the name without that distinction as "Fuku".
Nov 29, 2007 12:13 AM

May 2007
Great episode. Tokyo Tokkyo Kyokakyoku! Tokyo Tokkyo Kyokakyoku! Tokyo Tokkyo Kyokakyoku! Tokyo Tokkyo Kyokakyoku! ....that's hard as hell.
Jan 20, 2008 5:26 PM
Nov 2007
I want to see this dubbed.
Feb 13, 2008 8:54 AM

Oct 2007
Faust721 said:
I'm with cyruz on this one, great episode. I just loved the fight between Fuuko and Nagisa.
Starfish vs Dango. Should we make a poll on this?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2008 9:52 PM

Jan 2008
Starfish vs. Big Dango Family. lol. XD
the way they ended it was also funny. XD
okay, they mastered "swapping the sculpture in hand" and "tomoya became the" fuko master". i'm looking forward to other masteries. XD

awww. they're starting to forget Fuko-chan. XC
May 12, 2008 9:20 AM

Nov 2007
aww, the ending was so sad :(
May 22, 2008 9:04 PM

Dec 2007
Another good episode, the mob taking away Sunohara was great, this show has caused me to actually laugh out loud many times which is rare for a lot of things to do these days. There were also two new masteries achieved in this episode. Alas, we get the heartbreaking news that Fuko's condition is worsening, this show just goes from hilarious to sad in an instant.

*Kanon*

#NBHNC
Jun 4, 2008 6:51 PM
Oct 2007
Damn, it got serious after all those laughs...

This arc will be something...
Sep 14, 2008 2:41 PM

Aug 2008
ROFL!! Fuko is hilarious!! Naiveness is always so adorable in little cute girls ^_^
As much as i like Fuko, i hope that she will not become the main center, in which everything revolves around her, of the ENTIRE plot tough :(
Still, i really like this show! :P
Oct 6, 2008 2:37 PM

Sep 2008
lol i love that combos xD just pure awesomeness. but i liked that this episode had a touch of comedy and tragedy with just enough of each other to make it a good episode :up:
Oct 26, 2008 12:08 AM

May 2008
wow, it just keeps getting better...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Oct 5, 2007

273 by D-A-W »»
Apr 19, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Oct 12, 2007

192 by Creepyy »»
Apr 19, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

349 by EM1LL3US »»
Apr 10, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

145 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KY791 - Mar 6, 2008

214 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.