Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2009 4:44 PM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dannggg....
There are 0 episode discussions for this anime
And this anime is soo godd
I thought that it was semi-popular too
:\ guess not
Anyways
This was a good first episode!
Kinda obvious that Kaoru is the girl that Aoi is looking for
But still really good :D
Next episode looks exciting though ._.

Oct 31, 2009 6:12 AM

Mar 2009
The first impression for this anime was great, Aoi so cute when she was young.
May 21, 2010 4:08 PM

Dec 2009
no nipples - bah
nice ep tho
Aug 4, 2010 4:36 PM

Aug 2010
Seems quite interesting, this anime. I was kind of disappointed when the guy she met turned out to be the same she was looking for. I was looking forward to a storyline where a guy falls for a girl and then has to help her find some other guy she is in love with, to make her happy even if he would rather keep the girl himself.
Aug 7, 2012 12:42 AM

Apr 2011
SirAd said:
Seems quite interesting, this anime. I was kind of disappointed when the guy she met turned out to be the same she was looking for.
I actually predicted this is what was going to happen ha... It was just so obvious.
Mar 11, 2013 11:30 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty good stuff. I've been looking to watch this for YEARS and I finally got it. From the first episode it seems like it will be a very strong romance/comedy story.
Nov 28, 2013 2:54 PM

Jun 2013
Not that great but decent start to this :)
Apr 25, 2014 7:43 PM

Oct 2013
when I went to watch this I was worried that the animation might be sub-par since it was made in 2002 but I have to say that it is really good for 2002 animation!
"Listen up… You can pour drinks on me, you can throw food at me… You can even spit on me. I’ll just laugh that stuff off. But… Good reason or not… Nobody hurts a friend of mine!!!"-Shanks
♠♦♣♥~My Anime List!~♥♣♦♠
May 8, 2014 6:03 AM

Dec 2013
Damn, I think i will have problems watching this constantly until a plot twist comes
May 14, 2014 1:49 PM

Jan 2014
wow.seems like Nobody watched this anime.5 years and only 8 comment in this thread?anime is not uploaded to many sites either. :I
LoneWizzyOct 10, 2015 3:28 PM
Jun 1, 2014 7:05 PM

May 2012
I must say that I quite liked this start, it has a nice concept to it and the pacing/atmosphere is pretty nice, so let's see what the rest of this anime will offer us!
Oct 10, 2015 2:46 PM

Jan 2012
For a 2002 anime its really well animated

Dec 12, 2015 7:15 PM

Aug 2009
AllenVonStein said:
For a 2002 anime its really well animated

Yeah. Also considering that it is a 24 episode anime. Great quality in the animation for its time.
Jun 22, 2016 12:25 AM

Feb 2014
Not a bad start at all. It's been a while since I've watched a good romance anime, and if this is how the rest of the show is going to be, then I think I'll enjoy this. The fact that this isn't set in yet another generic Japanese high school makes this even better.

Also, I don't know why people think just because an anime is "old", it would have bad animation. As far as the anime industry is concerned, the meat of the animation, i.e, the key frames and the in between frames are completely hand drawn even today. So the level of details in animation and the frame rate have pretty much remained the same. What has, however, improved over the years, thanks to the advancement in technology, is the ability of studios to use more shades of colors and employ fancy lighting and flashy visual effects to mask the lack of decent frame rate and give the illusion of higher quality animation. *cough* Ufotable *cough*
Sep 22, 2016 12:28 PM

Aug 2014
Finally rewatching this after having seen at least most of it not more than a couple-few years after it came out.

Totally forgot they'd known each-other as kids. 'Course it has been like ten years since I watched it. Wonder if I'll remember anything.

Somebody's parents are gonna become an issue at some point, I just know it. One possibility is that both of their families will become problems; another is that one family will start yelling at the other for interfering in their life together. Also possible that it'll start off as one and mutate into the other.

Of course we already know from the OP that there's a harem element, but we also know the harem is gonna be romantically irrelevant for the most part, which is novel. Not that most of them will admit it, of course, at least not for a long while.
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Sep 22, 2016 12:35 PM

Nov 2014
This series is so cute. I'm hooked after the first episode.It actually made me cry.
Sep 25, 2018 2:28 PM

Aug 2013
Oh God, I love the artstyle from last decade so much.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 21, 2018 9:28 PM

Sep 2018
it's really harem?? why??!! i love the synopsis, but when i see the tag: Harem.. nah.. i think i will skip this anime :(
Feb 1, 2020 2:42 PM

Nov 2016
Looks good so far. Production is nice and I'm really in the mood for a lighthearted romance.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 5, 2021 7:02 AM
May 2019
Cute episode. Just finished Tonikaku Kawaii so I might be doing some comparisons to it.
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
May 27, 2021 11:40 AM

Jan 2021
This has been on my PTW list for years. And I finally to decided to give it a try. And I don’t regret it.
Dec 1, 2021 4:45 AM

Feb 2014
C'mon dude, surely you can remember your childhood friend with indigo hair.
But damn, her underwear is very sexy indeed, you wouldn't imagine it based on the attire she is wearing on top of it.
Aug 22, 2022 2:42 PM

Dec 2018
was solid for a start but i hope it picks up a bit
Jan 1, 2023 9:38 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I’ve returned to Spring 2002 for my first anime of the year, and I really liked this first episode, got some really nice art and animation with that sweet 2000s anime nostalgia feeling, as well as some nice ost to go with it. I already like Aoi a lot, her moments with Kaoru were really nice (except for the part where he kicked her out lol) and she’s got a very cute design, and you can tell immediately there’s more than meets the eye with her which definitely gets me more interested in what this show has to offer besides the romance. Kaoru seems to have an intriguing past too so I’m looking forward to learning more about these two going forward.

I was surprised to see some fanservice here, pleasantly surpassed lol, seems tasteful so far too. And from the looks of the OP we got quite the cast of characters to meet, and the song was really nice as well, same with the ED. I’ve noticed every classic anime I’ve checked out has not missed in the music department lol. I’m excited to continue this for sure.
Mar 13, 4:01 PM
Mar 2024
10/10 I liked the first episode of 藍より青し because it gives what I wanted: a nice romance with sexy moments, while holding enough in reserve to have more to look forward to. The writers/actors/producers shared their vision in a wonderful first episode!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 19 Discussion

sailorlitakino - Jun 4, 2009

7 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 31, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 18 Discussion

16 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 30, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 17 Discussion

9 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 29, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 16 Discussion

13 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 28, 11:08 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 15 Discussion

sailorlitakino - Jun 3, 2009

12 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 27, 3:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.