Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 3, 2014 2:01 AM

May 2013
Would you invite someone of the opposite sex into your room if they wanted to hang out with you?

I'm wondering because my room is covered with anime posters but she doesn't watch anime so it might look a little bit overwhelming or strange. My other option is I move my stuff to the living room, but it's messy and the couch is uncomfortable, it's a lot more cosy in my room.

Also the posters all feature family friendly groups of characters from anime like Gintama, Fairy Tail, Soul Eater, Code Geass, Darker Than Black... nothing like ecchi girl posters.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 3, 2014 2:04 AM

Nov 2013
I probably wouldn't invite them to my room. There's nothing to do.
Feb 3, 2014 2:05 AM

Feb 2014
If its your first time hanging out with this person and they dont know you watch anime and you care what they think of you I dont think you should invite them.

I don't have a anime room but just giving you my 2 cents.
Feb 3, 2014 2:07 AM

Jan 2014
If they don't know I watch Anime, it may incur strange opinions, so I'd let them know or wait beforhand till they do know.
Feb 3, 2014 2:07 AM

Aug 2012
Strip it down.

My room looks like someone just moved and and never unpacked (which is true).
I get the weirdest comments just from that...

It's not even about the anime; it's about people who plaster everything they can find and not make it looks "well decorated".
Feb 3, 2014 2:09 AM

Nov 2011
I have nothing related to anime in my room, I'm not a fucking weeaboo, sorry :(
I luv u
Feb 3, 2014 2:10 AM

Apr 2007
My room isn't embarrassingly covered in weeaboo shit so sure, whatever
Feb 3, 2014 2:11 AM

Dec 2013
I don't have anime posters or anything anime related in my room.

Even if I have posters, anime stuff etc in my room . . . I would never allow anyone inside my room because it is so dirty. That is the thing that I don't want them to see.
Feb 3, 2014 2:15 AM

Jan 2014
my room isn't clean but it lack anything with anime so I might not be able to help what i have to say is if your room looks at least clean go ahead.
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 3, 2014 2:16 AM

Jan 2008
Anime room? Lol
Feb 3, 2014 2:21 AM

Oct 2012
If you're not comfortable with yourself you won't be comfortable with someone else.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Feb 3, 2014 2:24 AM

Aug 2012
elite-sama said:
If you're not comfortable with yourself you won't be comfortable with someone else.
If my dick doesn't feel good in my own hands it surely won't be comfortable in another's.

Wise words, Mr. Sama.
Feb 3, 2014 2:24 AM

Nov 2011
If they've gotten to know me well enough they wanted to come over, chances are they know what I like, so would hopefully not give a fuck even if I had posters all over.

That being said, all I have on my wall is a USC poster, a wall scroll of Touhou which looks more like art than sleezy fan-service and a Legend of Zelda poster I've had since Halo 2 was still the big thing.

I still think the best part of my room though is my statue of Jesus right next to my giant bobble-head of Master Chief.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 3, 2014 2:26 AM

Oct 2012
MellowJello said:
If my dick doesn't feel good in my own hands it surely won't be comfortable in another's.
What if you have calloused hands?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Feb 3, 2014 2:30 AM

Aug 2012
elite-sama said:
MellowJello said:
What if you have calloused hands?
What if they have calloused hands?

The secret answer for both is lube.
Feb 3, 2014 2:30 AM

Jan 2014
Ragix said:
I still think the best part of my room though is my statue of Jesus right next to my giant bobble-head of Master Chief.
-_- oh lord. :O jk but still you is a religious weirdo?
why exactly do you like a statue also my favourite part of my room is my collection of knifes.
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 3, 2014 2:45 AM
Oct 2008
If the posters are not hentai themed, I would leave it as it as is. I would be more put off by a dirty or untidy room than posters of a hobby I am not particularly interested in. If you are worried, mention the posters before hand.
Feb 3, 2014 2:48 AM

Jan 2013
Sure, why not?

Although there isn't much in my room to do other than use the comp lol.

My decorations on my wall, if you're curious:
>Guild Wars Nightfall Poster
>Guild Wars Faction Poster
>2 Dragon Ball Z photoframes
>WWE Royal Rumble 2007 signed by John Morrison and The Miz poster
>G.Na poster
>UFC 163 Poster
>Dogs photoframe
>Bleach Hitsugaya poster
>UFC Phil Davis signed photo
>UFC Rashad Evans signed photo
Feb 3, 2014 2:49 AM

May 2013
elite-sama said:

I'm comfortable with myself and anime that's why I have posters all over my room. I just don't want to make her uncomfortable.
Feb 3, 2014 2:53 AM

Oct 2012
Kouta_Tsuchiya said:
elite-sama said:
I'm comfortable with myself and anime that's why I have posters all over my room. I just don't want to make her uncomfortable.
Why would you think that she would be uncomfortable for getting to know something that you like -- if you really like it? That tells me you're not comfortable enough that you wouldn't mind putting it out in the open. If you got something to hide, that will make her uncomfortable around you more than a bunch of posters.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Feb 3, 2014 3:30 AM

May 2013
elite-sama said:
Kouta_Tsuchiya said:
elite-sama said:
Why would you think that she would be uncomfortable for getting to know something that you like -- if you really like it? That tells me you're not comfortable enough that you wouldn't mind putting it out in the open. If you got something to hide, that will make her uncomfortable around you more than a bunch of posters.

Yeah I get what you're saying. You know what I'll just show her, should be interesting to see what happens.
Feb 3, 2014 3:35 AM

Aug 2013
MellowJello said:
Strip it down.

My room looks like someone just moved and and never unpacked (which is true).
I get the weirdest comments just from that...

It's not even about the anime; it's about people who plaster everything they can find and not make it looks "well decorated".

and 40 year old virgin demonstrates how that plan can backfire and make you look like a creeper, lol.

I always just put it out there like "yeah... uh... just to warn you my rooms kind of a hodge podge of crap". Which, my room always was (anime, egypt, owls, bats, etc). They'll probably take it as joking exaggeration, but at least they won't be slapped with a "what the..." kind of shock if they are not used to it. If I was worried about what they'd think of me if they saw my room, I wouldn't think they were worth hanging out with. Your room normally reflects who you are (unless you can't decorate it for some reason), and if they don't like your room and accept it for just your tastes, then they probably won't make the best of friends for you.
Feb 3, 2014 3:36 AM

Nov 2011
text27 said:
Ragix said:
-_- oh lord. :O jk but still you is a religious weirdo?
why exactly do you like a statue also my favourite part of my room is my collection of knifes.

Well, it depends on what you mean. I'm Agnostic Theist, but my Godmother had given me the statue when I was born, so it kind of became sentimental having it for almost 21 years now.

I meant I liked it because I find it funny that right beside my statue of Jesus, Master Chief is just chilling there.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 3, 2014 3:40 AM

Mar 2008
Sure they could come over, but they'd be bored since I just moved in and beside my laptop there isn't much entertainment to be found here (pretty much all my stuff is still at my moms place), not saying that my laptop isn't enough but uh... you get the idea.
Also... "anime" room? Dafk. My room looks empty as fuck, no sign that I'm into anime or manga, lol.
Vanessa-Feb 3, 2014 3:43 AM
Feb 3, 2014 3:45 AM

Jan 2008
My rooms a mess. Needs some posters to make it look less shit.
Feb 3, 2014 3:51 AM

Oct 2009
yes

it would only be for talking anyway

once she sees the waifu poster, she'll know im taken already
Feb 3, 2014 3:53 AM
Jan 2013
Implying that everyone on MAL has an 'anime room'.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2014 3:56 AM

Jan 2008
RandomChampion said:
yes

Just imagining you asking if shed put a paper bag on her head with a picture of your waifu on.
Feb 3, 2014 4:01 AM

Sep 2012
of course , if you want sex it's better with a bed :)
Feb 3, 2014 4:02 AM

Oct 2012
I have multiple rooms in my house.

I can simply just use any room besides the one I put all my anime character posters in it. Or I could just use that room, hehe.
Feb 3, 2014 4:03 AM

Jul 2008
Hulmy said:

Eh? We don't? I thought that was an established fact. I'm more surprised people visit our rooms.
Feb 3, 2014 4:06 AM

May 2013
Elphe said:
My rooms a mess. Needs some posters to make it look less shit.

Yeah I have really lame, crappy wallpaper so posters makes it look much nicer.

RandomChampion said:

Haha don't forget the dakimakura.
Feb 3, 2014 4:10 AM
Nov 2008
Hulmy said:
My anime room is right next to my horror mystery room, and above my sex dungeon.
Feb 3, 2014 4:12 AM

Oct 2009
Elphe said:
RandomChampion said:
yes

Just imagining you asking if shed put a paper bag on her head with a picture of your waifu on.

she have to do a lot more than that....

Kouta_Tsuchiya said:
dakimakura.

...with the appropriate pillow case
Feb 3, 2014 4:13 AM

Oct 2009
Heredity said:
Hulmy said:
My anime room is right next to my horror mystery room, and above my sex dungeon.

all 3 of those are the same at my place
Feb 3, 2014 4:15 AM
Nov 2008
RandomChampion said:
Heredity said:
Hulmy said:

I know.

Feb 3, 2014 4:25 AM

Jan 2014
My room = Alcatraz
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2014 4:29 AM

Jan 2008
RandomChampion said:
Heredity said:
Hulmy said:

Mystery Horror Anime sex dungeon . Fuck yeah .
Feb 3, 2014 4:35 AM

Nov 2011
Will it lead to sex? :v
The Art of Eight
Feb 3, 2014 4:38 AM

Mar 2011
Invite them into my room? That's a one way trip for them I'm afraid, I don't care what they see.
Feb 3, 2014 4:47 AM

Oct 2009
Elphe said:
RandomChampion said:
Heredity said:
Hulmy said:

Mystery Horror Anime sex dungeon . Fuck yeah .

i knew that's what nuns are really like

couldnt fool me
Feb 3, 2014 4:56 AM

Jul 2011
What is a anime room?
Why that sounds like something that I'll never have?
Feb 3, 2014 5:10 AM

Aug 2013
My room has zero anime posters

Bob Marley, The Hacker's Manifesto, Snow White, Game of Thrones, some very cheesy wall scroll thing...even the figures on my desk are Ezio and Darth Malgus...

I used to have a ton of wall scrolls but they're in my closet now, my room really lacks much anime indication.
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Feb 3, 2014 5:11 AM
Jul 2018
Take her in there. Will be great conversation material.
Feb 3, 2014 5:30 AM

Jan 2013
I don't have posters OP, but between a weapons collection, anime, plastic models, some nintendo stuff and books, lots of books, and the like I have plenty most people would hide, but these are things I like or things that I use to define who I am or what I like.

So in short if its a girl I was in to, or a guy I was interested in being friends with, I would just invite them in. I'm not shamed of my hobbies or likes, I won't be some puppet so they can be happy or "respectable" around the other friends they have. If they don't like it or want to make fun of any of it they can get the hell out.

Besides I rather they know what they are getting into off the start, gets rid of the half hearted ones from the start. In my case speaking of bedroom, why in the hell would I devote one room as a showcase? Not like I have that much stuff.
RedArmyShogunFeb 3, 2014 6:19 AM
Feb 3, 2014 6:14 AM

May 2013
pralan said:
What is a anime room?
Why that sounds like something that I'll never have?

It is a magical room filled with wonder and joy. But mostly 2D girls.
Feb 3, 2014 6:40 AM

Oct 2013
I've had guys in my room and I have anime posters n stuff, they don't really care tbh but a non anime loving girl might if its a guys room

Feb 3, 2014 7:01 AM

Jan 2013
I don't have an anime room. My step-mom likes paintings so there's one of horses in my room that I don't like, and a collage of pictures of me that my dad made. It's kind of embarrassing but it's usually something to talk about.

As for anime, if she doesn't know you like anime, it might startle her depending on the type of person she is--or she'd ask about the posters or something. I would do that if I walked into the room of someone with a hobby and posters all over their walls.

My boyfriend has random posters and drawings on his walls. It was a topic of conversation for a bit as I went around looking at them.
Feb 3, 2014 8:09 AM
Dec 2013
My parents don't trust me, I'm not allowed to invite boys into my room.
Feb 3, 2014 9:17 AM

Mar 2012
elite-sama said:

You can always hid that stuff, but you won't be honest to her and to yourself, so think about what elite-sama said...
"A shinobi who violates the rules is scum, but a shinobi who abandons their friends is worse than scum" - Uchiha Obito
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» How do you travel daily

ST63LTH - Yesterday

16 by Noboru »»
10 minutes ago

» How are your cooking skills

ST63LTH - May 2

22 by Eleben »»
16 minutes ago

» do you eat to live or live to eat?

707supremacist - 1 hour ago

4 by Eleben »»
17 minutes ago

» I am trying to get over 10,000 posts on this site by the end of this year....

DesuMaiden - May 1

29 by ninjaberserker »»
32 minutes ago

» why are the nordic countries so happy? ( 1 2 )

deg - Mar 29

80 by LoveYourEyes »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.