Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2014 10:06 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Jesus christ.
Aug 22, 2014 6:40 AM

Aug 2012
Polnareff is awesome.
Aug 9, 2016 1:19 PM

Aug 2014
Bruh...

And here I thought that Polnreff was going to need some help in this fight.
Aug 3, 2017 10:30 AM
Mar 2015
I guess Polnareff will never trust hotels again after this fiasco...
Dec 13, 2018 7:56 AM

May 2016
Polnareff really was lucky because if there wasn't a mirror to see Ebony Devil's attacks, he could've had been electrocuted to death right there and the staff would chalk it up as a kinky night gone horribly wrong.

Despite getting stabbed in the head by Silver Chariot, the puppet still had enough energy in him to threaten to eat the Frenchman's dick before getting cut to shreds except for its dick afterwards.

Dec 19, 2018 3:55 AM

Dec 2015
He's lucky there was a mirror in the room.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 20, 2018 5:28 AM

Feb 2013
And that's game over for the evil doll.
Dec 14, 2019 8:55 PM

Feb 2017

"DAMN THIS DEVIL DOLL!"
Apr 8, 2020 11:58 PM

Jun 2016
This fight was by no means groundbreaking from my modern perspective, even going by the Jojo fight formula which utilizes the environment and pre-established tools to the max. The mirror shattering was obviously going to be the solution, yet this was done so perfectly. I was cackling in enjoyment. It was overall a great showcasing of Polnareff’s comedy, guts, and smarts. And it was a creative and horrific showing to do so with a cursed doll and everything. Most of all, I love that the other party members are not hindered to make Jotaro look cool. In the Abdul versus Polnareff fight, it looked like it was setting up to make someone else step in but he covered it confidently. Here, despite making Polnareff a damsel in distress, tied up with his impending doom on its way, he covered the situation himself. Jotaro has won the most fights by number but by no means do I feel he’s particularly stronger or more reliable than the others.

To talk the specifics of the fight, I was expecting Devo to set the room on fire, rather he was intending to electrocute Polnareff and bite his dick off. Yet, Polnareff showed that again like Joseph, he can be a bit dumb, dirty underwear bandages, thinking everyone on the ship was taking a dump, etc, but when it counts he’s clever. Now, not "I’m 10 steps ahead and always confident in my victory" clever like young Joseph, but nonetheless he's got some smarts. Seeing the reflection of Devil, he pierced its head and gave us a page even cooler than Abdul’s one liner. “Didn’t you say you wanted to bite my dick off? Why don’t you try now, you little bastard…” before striking a sexy pose and cutting that little creep up. Only after trying to interrogate him too! Super badass from our king Polnareff.

Devo is also interesting. He was hiding in the bathroom and controlling the doll, therefore he is clearly not one of the types of stand users which need to see what their stand does to operate them.
Apr 14, 2020 6:46 AM

Dec 2015
Of course, it had to be a death à la "Claude Francois". XD

5/5

@gfsdfgsdgsdfgs
"I was expecting Devo to set the room on fire, rather he was intending to electrocute Polnareff "
I shared the same expectation but when the hair-dryer was shown, it immediately made sense to me. It might be purely accidental but when you name a character based on Michel Polnareff, it is not such a big surprise to want to showcase death by electrocution like Claude François.
Rei_IIIApr 14, 2020 6:52 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 103 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2014

8 by Wrathu »»
Feb 6, 10:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 30 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Dec 6, 2012

8 by Farm-key »»
Oct 22, 2023 2:43 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 29 Discussion

ViniSD - Jul 25, 2013

13 by Farm-key »»
Oct 22, 2023 2:34 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 14 Discussion

RX-782 - Feb 7, 2013

10 by Farm-key »»
Oct 20, 2023 5:49 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 95 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2014

10 by AragornLannister »»
Oct 5, 2023 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.