Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 30, 2014 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode! We actually got some RomCom!

And that fanservice! I like it when it's subtle.

Barion-Zara said:
xchee said:
Time to add the Supernatural tag. Hakuya's either a dog, a fox, or a wolf or some sort of being from another plane. Well, he's unidentified for now. The title finally makes sense! Enlightenment!

Another funny episode. Mashiro never fails to deliver.
"I never realized what I had until I lost you!" LMAO. I'd probably say the same thing if I had to eat Benio's cooking.

*dramatic music playing in the background*
Kobeni: "Is that why Nee-sama's so protective of me?"
Mashiro: "She's just a pervert." *end music*

Every male RomCom protagonist needs to learn from Hakuya.
"What do you like?"
"Kobeni."
No getting flustered. No hesitation. Just plain badass. *insert fangirl squeal here*

Damn! Are u inside my brain? U said everything I wanted to exactly the same way I wanted to XDXD

A few additions...

Sleeping Kobeni is cute <3 Dat naked body when she got her sweat wiped *A*

Mashiro's "Anyway How can she be that Voluptuous even while lying face up" was so lol but so true XD Dat size O_O

The apology was really cute. Kobeni's blushing fave is so adorable >.<
Benio's wanting to puke from RomCom and raising a flag was XD
Anyway what the hell is Mashiro's family??? "Pulling some strings to make first period a free hall" XDXDXD

The part where only Kobeni can understand Hakuya was friggin adorable. His direct bluntness and her reactions to his "Hidden" emotional faces were so cute <3

Poor Nadeshiko again with Benio sharing everything with her XD Lol'd at her answer to do I like better with or without glasses XD Couldn't care less hahaha

Benio awakening her M side wanting Kobeni to tell her off XD

I'm also guessing the person sent will be the woman in the kimono nxt ep ^^

+1
Jan 30, 2014 1:29 PM
Jan 30, 2014 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
Well they also mentioned earlier in the episodes that the Mitsumine family is pretty powerful or something, as far a I remember. Wonder if they're some supernatural creatures!
The plot is kinda getting more interesting, I wonder what they really are.
Hakuya runs pretty fast, impressive. Oh and when he caught the arrow, out of nowhere.
Hakuya smiled for the fist time - sugoii!
Poor Kobeni wasn't feeling well, but she eventually got better.
Mashiro was like, he can't live without you now. XD
The part where Benio was telling Hakuya, it wouldn't be a bright idea to leave you two alone XD Mashiro didn't understand anything.
Haven't got a good feeling about it XD Who's gonna inspect them, whats going to happen? I wonder.
Whats with the next epsiodes title - interesting ? Lol
Jan 30, 2014 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Kobeni, she got a fever this episode.

Hakuya sure can run so fast.
Jan 30, 2014 1:59 PM

Sep 2013
Weak episode, but interesting plot emerging for future ones.
Newbie Blogger: http://animetaru.wordpress.com/

You know it's funny how freedom can make us feel contained
Yeah When the muscles in our legs aren't used to all the walking...
Jan 30, 2014 2:15 PM
Jul 2013
Very emotional episode. I'm surprised Hakuya speed.

Nice scene: http://i60.tinypic.com/2dk0cr5.jpg
Jan 30, 2014 2:18 PM

Sep 2010
This anime went from being cute but "ehh where is this going" to very interesting in one episode..

I really like how they built this up. They didn't really say much about Hakuya or his family for the first three and now all of a sudden this happens.
Jan 30, 2014 2:54 PM

Dec 2012
Lots of cute moments with the couple. Wondering who the observer will be? A relative? A member of another family that serves them ? I'm betting on the latter.
Jan 30, 2014 3:02 PM

Dec 2009
~aliens~
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 30, 2014 3:11 PM

Oct 2013
jose21 said:
Is he a Fox deity (kitsune)? Those are quite some amazing skills, he runs quite fast.

Poor kobeni, lucky her, her sister is not that mean to ask her to sleep with her when she is sick.

Curious about who is going to check on them, I wonder if she is the lady that shows up dancing with kobeni's mother in the OP.

yeah, i think so that too, i bet she is a loli mom that Mashiro've talked before
Jan 30, 2014 3:29 PM
Apr 2012
I feel like because we haven't seen his right eye I'm sure we'll find out what he really is when they show it to us.

I always was curious what he looked like w/out his bangs covering his face.
Jan 30, 2014 3:31 PM

Jun 2009
Sovietcong said:
Lots of cute moments with the couple. Wondering who the observer will be? A relative? A member of another family that serves them ? I'm betting on the latter.

If I had to guess, it's probably that girl wearing the yukata in the intro, who I'm guessing is their mother.

Reason why I think it's their mother is because in episode 2 Mashiro said "Considering my family, the prospect looks grim" in regards to "filling out", so I'm guessing she's going to be eternally a loli. :P

Plus, she's dancing in the intro with Kobeni and Benio's mother.
Jan 30, 2014 3:36 PM

Apr 2010
So the relationship seems to be progressing but there is more to Hakuya and Mashiro then they are letting on especially that speed and the final conversation stood out.
And it seems someone will be visiting soon so i guess we will see an explanation of some kind in the next episode or in the the upcoming episodes.
Till now things are pretty interesting.
Jan 30, 2014 4:35 PM

Jan 2011
dig deeper into Mikakunin de Shinkoukei

holy crap hes fast that scene caught me off guard saw the hints of there being more to this

i wanna believe when they were younger Hakuya was actually a wolf/dog/fox something Fluffy! that's why he reminds Kobeni of one so much
Jan 30, 2014 5:40 PM

May 2012
i really wana know about the family secrect!
Jan 30, 2014 5:40 PM
Aug 2011
God damn it, it's going to go all supernatural isn't it?
Now that I actually want something with regular humans we get this.

Still, i'm curious about where this is going.
Jan 30, 2014 5:41 PM

Aug 2012
He's a wolf/fox, that's for sure! And it looks like the kimono girl in the op will be introduced next week.
Jan 30, 2014 5:57 PM

Jul 2009
aw for some reason i didnt want this show to have anything supernatural. i just wanted another fluffy light hearted rom com.
Jan 30, 2014 6:00 PM
Aug 2011
Kurogashi said:
aw for some reason i didnt want this show to have anything supernatural. i just wanted another fluffy light hearted rom com.

same here
Jan 30, 2014 6:27 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, looks like there will be an interesting twist.
Jan 30, 2014 6:45 PM
Feb 2009
plot twist what could be there family secrete
Jan 30, 2014 6:49 PM

Feb 2012
The dog in the flash back has the same color hair as Hakuya. UHH
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2014 7:43 PM
Oct 2012
This is by no means a great or original show, however it is most certainly a very well made show, and for me that is all that matters.

That the siblings were not human had been clear from the beginning, but they did an excellent job at not making it too obvious, rather they kept it in the bag by distracting one with all the other stuff. But all that other stuff was starting to get boring, so at the proper time they pulled the main theme and exposed it a couple of times. Now next episode we will get another girl from the clan, my guess its the love interest of the brother (in that the clan is not happy he is fixated on an outsider), so we will get lots of fun comedy surrounding that, with the big revelation coming at the end of the next episode (by accident of course, with the new character then feeling guilty), or the following one.

Predictable? Perhaps, but still so much fun to watch. The sister about to puke because she smelt a love comedy was a fun touch, again not original but still excellent in how they deployed it.

I'll have to break out the popcorn next episode, this is turning into a nice treat.
Jan 30, 2014 7:47 PM

Mar 2013
Kobeni <3
poor Kobeni and turns Kobeni has scar on his body
lol Hakuya can use Kuroko's Vanishing Driver
Kobeni blushed #kyaahh
Jan 30, 2014 8:05 PM

Dec 2007
KhanhCPham said:
this is turning out to my fave of january. I like the direction in the show. they remove slapstick ques as much possible. They allows the focus on the characters without forcing comedy.

I agree, the comedy is not forced, the characters are solid with Kobeni being exceptional, the animation is really great, the atmosphere of the show is right on the spot, and the OP and ED are addicting. This show is very underrated ATM, more people should pick it up.
Jan 30, 2014 9:07 PM

Nov 2012
WTF how did he run so fast? And his sister was acting suspicious, they might not be humans.
Jan 30, 2014 9:14 PM

Jun 2013
Haven't read the manga, so damn I wasn't expecting that. Apparently there's so much more to this story than I could have ever anticipated. I mean, I know it's called "Engaged to the Unidentified," but still.

But yeah, all the dog references are pointing to Hakuya being some kind of canid. Probably something of diety as well, as I'm thinking Mashiro has some sort of psychic powers: how she was able to transfer into their high school class as an elementary schooler, how she "did a little thing" to get them excused from first period.

Very interesting! :D
Jan 30, 2014 11:02 PM

Jul 2013
parfaited said:
Kurogashi said:

same here
me too but Hakuya's true identity remains a mystery and I'm open for possibilities
Jan 31, 2014 12:04 AM

Apr 2010
"Ugh I feel like puking. Must be another romcom scene."
Jan 31, 2014 1:34 AM
Apr 2013
I bet it's a ninja vilage.
Jan 31, 2014 9:58 AM
Feb 2012
This last episode was truly awful. The comedy is the only thing it's still got going for itself but this horrendously cliché plot, with the recent addition of "they might ninjas" coupled with the most basic mary sue's/gary stu's characters is really getting to me.
Jan 31, 2014 10:22 AM

Dec 2011
TastyMango said:
mary sue's/gary stu's characters

Please don't use terms that you clearly don't understand.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 31, 2014 10:39 AM

Sep 2013
I like how they handled this episode, the switch from Slice of Life to something.. weirder.. was really well done, my interest has been peaked. This has quickly become my favourite show of the season.
Jan 31, 2014 12:36 PM

Oct 2011
Hakuya and Kobeni's relations are coming together.
Jan 31, 2014 3:50 PM

Nov 2011
I really enjoyed this episode :D
Ooo next episode could involved a bit of drama xD
Jan 31, 2014 6:16 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, that man can move fast when he wants to.

Great episode!!!
Jan 31, 2014 7:28 PM

Sep 2013
I LOVE THIS ANIME!!!!!!!!! It's getting so good and I can't wait for more!!
Jan 31, 2014 10:30 PM

Feb 2012
Kind of a bland episode.. loved seeing Kobeni and her telling Hakuya's different "faces" apart lol. And some development behind Hakuya's family? Wonder if it has something to do with dogs...
Feb 1, 2014 12:12 AM

Nov 2013
instead of speculating about supernatural things why don't yall just find somebody who's read the manga?
Feb 1, 2014 12:26 AM

Apr 2012
I'm glad this series didn't end up being a generic RomCom SoL. (It helps that Benio is pretty much allergic to RomCom clichés.)

xchee said:
Every male RomCom protagonist needs to learn from Hakuya.
"What do you like?"
"Kobeni."
No getting flustered. No hesitation. Just plain badass. *insert fangirl squeal here*
Feb 1, 2014 12:27 AM

Jan 2013
Suddenly werewolf (or weredog), totally unexpected.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Feb 1, 2014 5:22 AM

Apr 2013
Nice episode. Lol, didn't expect That instant answer from Hakuya.
Feb 1, 2014 3:33 PM

Jun 2012
fluffy thing? big dog?
is hakuya a warewolf??

i love this anime but its ruined wiht the opening with kobeni jiggling boobies dance
its really weird.. and annoying
Feb 1, 2014 4:55 PM

Nov 2008
I thought that this was just going to be a regular love-comedy, with slice of life, I'm surprised that there is supernatural elements in here too.
Feb 1, 2014 6:09 PM

Oct 2013
I can't believe how late I was watching this. Anyway this episode was quite nice. They transitioned the light hearted comedy into what we see now rather smoothly.
shagek1 said:
fluffy thing? big dog?
is hakuya a warewolf??

i love this anime but its ruined wiht the opening with kobeni jiggling boobies dance
its really weird.. and annoying

You don't honestly want that in the show itself do you? I'm fine with it being in the opening so long as the show itself doesn't have too many of those moments. Honestly the show does fine without them.

neonBdragon said:
Wow, that man can move fast when he wants to.

That flash step tho lol. This was the first thing I thought about after watching this episode.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Feb 2, 2014 6:42 AM

Oct 2009
What the-? What's their family secret o.o? Half-assed beings huh?...
Feb 2, 2014 10:48 AM
Oct 2012
xxdeathx said:
instead of speculating about supernatural things why don't yall just find somebody who's read the manga?

I take it you are one those people who read the end of a mystery novel first and don't understand why everyone else doesn't do it as well.
Feb 3, 2014 10:55 AM

Oct 2012
Are they some shapeshifters or wood spirits or something? I have the feeling there is a lot more to the story Kobeni doesn't remember.
Feb 4, 2014 9:59 PM

Sep 2013
so wait wut ._. hakuya is a dog?
lol that's the most random revelation i've seen all week

well, provided that it's true :L but it really seems that way!
if it does happen to be true, i wonder if his sister is too… *_*
Feb 5, 2014 10:05 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, I can't believe so many people are surprised by the revelation that they're neither humans nor aliens. I thought it was clear from episode 2 that they are dog spirits.

I mean it keeps showing that their home in the mountains is a shrine, and when she remembered in episode 2 she said "who was there with me?" or something along those lines and it showed the figure of a dog. Also a lot of times it's shown Mashiro "wagging" her hair like a dog wags its tail, and her hair looks kinda like dog ears (of course that's not uncommon in even normal anime but still it adds to the signs). Episode 3 she also said something about there being something fluffy at that time.

It must just be because the title and opening/ending is misleading that it's so surprising for most. Could be because I watched it all at once, but it was mainly episode 2 that made it seem like they're dogs, and of course the fact that she kept relating him to a dog this episode.

Anyway, I'm guessing it's the girl in the kimono who's going to be coming to check on things... or the girl with the camera which would be pretty funny.
HalibelTheEspadaFeb 5, 2014 10:08 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

114 by Forum »»
Mar 11, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

240 by zyrian2 »»
Nov 1, 2023 4:26 AM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

124 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Apr 20, 2023 1:13 AM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2014

162 by is_my_no_name »»
Apr 11, 2023 10:57 PM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2014

115 by oooo3333 »»
Nov 23, 2022 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.