Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Apr 29, 2011 3:47 AM

Sep 2008
Wah, Nagisa's voice beckoning for "daddy" and Ushio made my heart melt.
I love how confident she sounded for that small moment.

There goes the English dub.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2011 5:22 PM

Nov 2009
YAY! awesome season! an Super Special Awesome Ultra Super Amazingly Wonderful anime Series!!! i thought a recap was a perfect way 2 end the anime... look at all the comments i had b4 and that's what i have 2 say... awesome anime ^^ im really gonna miss it! it made me cry SOOOOOooooooooo much!!! i wish there were more... but it's okay i enjoyed so much what there already was! this was one of the best anime's ever!!!
Jun 3, 2011 12:02 PM

Mar 2011
Nice! Brought back all the memories from the earlier carefree days of school life, with more Sunohara ftw!

Ahhhhh! I can sit back smile knowing I've enjoyed every minute of this show!
Jun 10, 2011 3:45 AM
Jul 2010
I had never thought I'd cry in a recap episode... Oh, well. It was nothing more than a recap after all. It did serve to make sure Tomoya remembers everything before the "reset". But the best part has to be the final scene where Ushio calls Nagisa "mama". That was a priceless moment.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 18, 2011 5:37 AM

Mar 2011
Omg cries when rewatching the episodes again,
10/10 (TT ^ TT)
10 - [A+] Personal favourite: Best of its genre.
9 - [A] Excellent: Highly enjoyable and memorable.
8 - [B] Great: Genuinely liked and worthwhile.
7 - [C] Average: It's average, still entertaining.
6 - [D] Poor: It's aight. Flawed show.
5 - [E] Bad: Why did i even watch this.
< - [F] Uhh: Nani the fuck?!
Oct 20, 2011 6:39 PM

Dec 2009
This season is 10/10. May be Clannad is the only anime I would like my children to watch...))
Dec 20, 2011 1:50 AM

Nov 2008
So it was indeed all just a "bad dream". It's only been 2 days after completing the first season of Clannad, but the recap made me feel that it's been really a loonnngg time.

Enjoyed Clannad AS very much.
Jan 26, 2012 6:46 PM
Jan 2012
Great Recap!

I was so glad that Nagisa didn't die, and neither did Ushio. Made me so happy! :D
Feb 4, 2012 9:49 PM

May 2011
I really can't summarize everything I feel in words. Perfect end to a perfect series.

I'm glad Tomoya still remembers everything. Happy endings really are the best!

CLANNAD WILL BE REWATCHED, MORE THAN ONCE.

10/10
Feb 5, 2012 5:54 AM

Dec 2011
-Shuda- said:
I really can't summarize everything I feel in words. Perfect end to a perfect series.

I'm glad Tomoya still remembers everything. Happy endings really are the best!

CLANNAD WILL BE REWATCHED, MORE THAN ONCE.

10/10

I am on my 3 rewatch... :D And I just finished it 4 day ago... :D
Mar 8, 2012 11:32 PM

Mar 2012
Good!! Great!! Masterpiece!! Wonderfully Wonderfull!! Ah, i think words can't describe it :)

I think its the best anime ever, until now. The ending is great too, its happy ending. And this episode recap almost all 'what's happen' in CLANNAD. Its very nostalgic and I miss CLANNAD so much. But why in the end, Its Tomoya(fine), Ushio(okay) and FUUKO that has to appear? And Nagisa? We just hear her voice calling them.. But it doesn't matter anymore because its first time Nagisa call Tomoya, 'papa'. Summary, Great episode!!
Mar 9, 2012 4:21 AM

Dec 2011
I loved this series start to finish, same goes for the first one. I never thought I'd ever cry so much for a anime series... Perfection at work here people. 10/10 etc etc... Perfect ending too. No matter what anyone may say about it all being just a bad dream or something all along, you know deep down inside you were happy with how it ended. No one wants to see that happy family get tortured anymore. Instead they get to live the happy life together they always wanted.
Mar 18, 2012 3:09 PM

Jan 2012
I didn't really think that the first season was as good as it's rating was, but the after story was amazing, 10/10, gonna watch movie next.
Mar 20, 2012 6:31 PM
Feb 2012
This series is just one of those amazing animes. It's a shame not all of them are like Clannad.
Apr 3, 2012 8:57 AM

Apr 2009
This recap was really well presented, it wasn't only a beautiful arrangement of the overall storyline while highlighting the most important and touching scenes, it provided new perspective, fresh information and additional closure.

The best recap episode ever. 5/5
Apr 24, 2012 7:49 PM

Oct 2009
Very nice recap, this was an excellent series, wish it didn't end so soon!
Hearing Nagisa at the end added a nice finishing touch. ^_^
10/10
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Apr 25, 2012 12:10 AM
Jan 2012
I know I'm 3 years late to the party but...This anime really left an imprint on my soul,I've never cried to an anime before,no matter how sad it was
But this one,Was so good,So Touching that if i shed no tear i couldn't call myself human.

I really don't know what anime i will watch next now,because i feel nothing will compare to the new standards for anime that Clannad: -AS- has given me.
Jul 7, 2012 11:16 PM

May 2012
Like many have said before me this was an really nice recap to an AMAZING anime, I love the ending so much cause after so much crying and sadness throughout the series at least it ended on a happy note which made me think all of Tomoya's hardships paid of in the end.
Jul 30, 2012 8:55 PM

Nov 2011
Brilliant and suitable way to end the series! I was kind of wishing to see what became of the others though. But, none the less, an absolutely amazing series!
Aug 6, 2012 1:05 AM

Feb 2011
Recap was boring , but amazing series , way better than the first season . 10/10
Aug 6, 2012 2:42 AM

May 2012
With this episode, I got reminded of Akio yelling at Nagisa.
That part made me cry. I loved it. Akio and Sunohara are my favourite characters.
Aug 6, 2012 4:26 PM

Jun 2011
I'm not a fan of recaps, but I liked this :)
The last two episodes were a nice "cool down" after the ending. This anime really deserves 10/10 :) I would definitely give 11/10 if it was possible. This anime re-defined the word "masterpiece" for me ♥
Aug 23, 2012 4:12 AM

Jul 2012
This recap sure brings back all the memories. I most definitely enjoyed clannad as an anime.
Dec 12, 2012 10:04 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
EXCELLENT compilation episode! In the end, Fate worked out for the BEST! :) Clannad and Clannad After Story Spectacular series!!! XD MUST WATCH :DDD and yeah masterpiece XD!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 18, 2013 4:09 AM

Jul 2012
Masterpiece 10/10
Jan 19, 2013 8:24 PM

Sep 2011
I don't usually watch recaps/summaries, but this was really well done. We also get to see a short 10 second scene with Tomoya, Fuko and Ushio together under the tree. <3.

Once again 11/10 for the series, beyond masterpiece for me.
Jan 20, 2013 12:54 AM

Dec 2012
Having remembered this , tears suddenly flowed out of my eyes ! , tomoya and nagisa was one of the great couples i've ever encountered with , and for ushio, meaning the sean , so cutee and KYAAAA !! , i love their daughter XD
"I aM ParT of THE InvisiBLES"//

Jan 26, 2013 4:11 AM
Jan 2013
best anime ever. The romance it seriously fills up the whole story. I cried, laugh and experienced what has happen with my past life till now. I seriously think that this anime able to bring people where we should savior all our past experience.
Jan 27, 2013 9:49 AM

Jan 2013
Honestly the first bit of this what with the death gave me a case of rage face lulz. But the ending, seeing how it all worked out. That was amazing. I think some of the slower eps and just to spite that toying is why I gave it a 9 overall.
Feb 18, 2013 6:09 PM

Aug 2008
Sonja said:
Happy ending ~ ♥

I don't like recaps that much but if it's Clannad, I can love it.

Liked re-living older moments. But seen as I just literally watched some of the bits it was a bit silly. Idk. Loved the extra bit for the end. I can kinda gather what happened, but feel as if I went down this emotional rollercoaster for nothing! Still. Was cute Nagisa calling out to Ushio.
Feb 24, 2013 12:18 PM

Jan 2012
Interesting way to end an anime. I admit it was a nice recap.

Mar 1, 2013 8:44 PM
Jan 2013
SHIT!!! Don't fear the spectators so seriously, guys! xD

Anyway, the total mark 10 of 10 is too low for that masterpiece. Best anime ever!!!
Dramatical scenes - CRITICAL EPIC WIN!!! xD
Mar 23, 2013 11:12 AM

Jan 2013
I loved this ep!! (Crying during recaps?!)

Clannad and Clannad ~After Story~ define masterpiece. I will definitely be rewatching this series several times. The emotions I felt really makes this work one of a kind. I really thought about my own life after this and I think this series will stay with me forever
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Mar 26, 2013 5:25 PM

Nov 2012
Pretty nostalgic recap :'O

Clannad and ~AS~ were unique experiences to me and made me think about where I'm going with my life.

10/10, total masterpice.
May 10, 2013 8:16 PM

Oct 2012
I very much enjoyed Clannad After Story
However, the thing with the machine and girl still really confused me.
I mean, I know that

But either way, it was confusing.
Though I still really like it.
9/10

May 12, 2013 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
Very nice recap episode. And the extra 30 seconds at the end was nice to see too.

And so, my journey with Clannad comes to an end. I'm very glad I saw this series. Although, this series was really over-hyped for me, I still enjoyed it. I'm definitely not a fan of just school-life or normal life series, but there was a lot more to this series than that. I loved the comedic moments, the supernatural elements, and especially the emotional moments that made me shed many man tears.

Overall:
+Awesome characters and story
+The comedic moments are hilarious, and the emotional moments are amazingly well done
-Relativity boring, slice-of-life episodes in the middle
+/-The Ending (I liked the ending once I researched what actually happened. But, it's bad that I actually had to look up what happened, since the anime didn't really explain it that well.)
Final Rating: 9/10
May 12, 2013 6:19 PM

Jun 2012
good recap episode it made me realise some parts i didn't understand to well like the ligth ball (which can full fill wishes this was told in a earlier episode) that tomoya absorbed in a earlier episode granted his wish so that's why time was reset. i totally forgot the light ball story so didn't understand the time reset so good choice seeing this recap.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Aug 8, 2013 4:55 PM

Jan 2013
Well? What did you guys think? A heartwarming ending I think. But (get ready for it) I kinda wish Nagisa and Ushio stayed dead. I'm not a fan of predictable cliche happy-ever-after endings. I prefer much more tragedy in my endings, because that makes them much less predictable. I would have enjoyed seeing Tomoya face the challenge of dealing with Ushio's death as well, and his friends coming to his aid. Personally I wanted a Tomoya x Tomoyo relationship, or one with Kyou would also be acceptable. That would fit in after that, right? I don't know. I think all the loose ends are tied up well, but I'm not satisfied.
Aug 15, 2013 12:30 PM
Jul 2013
So tomoyo was sent to a different world where nagisa survived child birth and ushio is healthy
Aug 25, 2013 6:44 PM

Feb 2013
Great recap. I was feeling a bit of nostalgic while watching this.

It had been an emotional rollercoaster ride. At times, I was laughing my ass off but there were times where I was crying like a little bitch. And that is coming from a person who doesn't easily cry from watching something sad.
The characters were developed so well that you cannot help to get attached to them. It also had a great OST. It was boring at times but that it is to be expected since it has a slice-of-life element. The ending was somewhat confusing and unrealistic, considering almost everything about this anime is realistic.

9/10

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Sep 9, 2013 9:10 AM

Jul 2012
Didn't watch all of the recap. Don't care. My full review is in the Ep 22 discussion. Final rating was going to be a 6 without the Ushio Arc. Final score went up to 7 but I can't give it 8 because I didn't fully enjoy everything.

woofiewilly said:
Well? What did you guys think? A heartwarming ending I think. But (get ready for it) I kinda wish Nagisa and Ushio stayed dead.

My preferred was Nagisa to stay dead and Ushio to grow up with her father. That would have been the most realistic one IMO. I don't hate Nagisa or anything but her death does make the story a lot more complex.
Sep 12, 2013 5:34 AM

Jan 2013
This recap was amazing!
It reminded me of all the sad and happy moments I had in clannad ^^
This is probably the best anime ever!
I will miss you Clannad,but i will re-watch you for all my life,hundreds times.
Sometimes i wish i could forget about this amazing anime and watch it one more time! <3
Those specials with Kyou & Tomoyo ♥
Happy Ending ♥
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 2, 2013 8:41 AM

Oct 2011
Nice recap to an amazing series! Really made me realise that it's over now, I'll never watch Clannad for the first time ever again. Kinda sad but I'm glad I chose to watch what is now one of my favourite anime series of all time.
Oct 15, 2013 9:14 PM

Jun 2013
A very nice recap of now one of my favorite anime series! Thank you Key for Clannad! It has been quite the experience! It is one of if not the best anime ever, in my opinion! I will never forget my first time watching it! Now all I have to do is watch it again! I give Clannad: After Story a 10 out of 10! Fuko is AWESOME!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Jan 14, 2014 2:47 PM

Jun 2013
I'm so happy about the end to this anime, I thought it would end sadly for awhile there, but it ended fabulously. Happy to see Tomoya, Nagisa, and Ushio will live out a happy life together eafter all.

Apr 13, 2014 12:20 AM

Jun 2013
nickelpickle1997 said:
A very nice recap of now one of my favorite anime series! Thank you Key for Clannad! It has been quite the experience! It is one of if not the best anime ever, in my opinion! I will never forget my first time watching it! Now all I have to do is watch it again! I give Clannad: After Story a 10 out of 10! Fuko is AWESOME!

Since I have finished re-watching it, now all I have to do is re-watch it again! There are no words to describe CLANNAD, it's just that amazing! And "amazing" is a gross understatement! It was a (can't think of a good enough word, oh wait, there is none!) experience that I want to experience again and again. I LOVE YOU CLANNAD!!! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING! SEE YOU AGAIN SOON! And poop on MAL for not letting me give it higher than a 10. ( " )( " ) ( " ) ( " ) ( " )
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Apr 27, 2014 4:27 PM

Sep 2013
10/10 masterpiece
Clannad is a truly remarkable series. It gives you one heck of a life lesson too, and don't forget, it's also depressing. I'm a 20 year old dude, and I admit, I cried. Haven't felt so depressed after watching this anime because it's so damn beautiful. My favorite series of all time. This series is very memorable, and I'll never forget about it.

Apr 28, 2014 3:34 AM

Jul 2013
This recap episode was well appreciated, it was made well and really worth the watch.

Clannad After Story is a pure masterpiece (I don't agree as much about Clannad, it just didn't hold its game in comparison). I really thank the creators for this beautiful experience and I really look forward to re watching it with a friend (just so I can see them cry) in the near future. Definitely added to my top 5 animes (Mirai Nikki, out you go), 10/10.

The only regrats I have (lol, not even one letter?), is that I didn't watch it sooner. I put it off for several months just because the character art wasn't appealing to me. Somehow everytime I put off an anime for later, it ends up being the ultimate best anime ever (happened with One Piece and Paradise Kiss and Nana and My Little Monster, when will I ever learn?).
anime-catApr 28, 2014 3:39 AM
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Aug 16, 2014 1:14 PM
May 2014
Clannad + Clannad: After Story= Combo Breaker of Tears
Sep 9, 2014 6:33 AM

Oct 2013
clannad <3
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.