Forum Settings
Forums

'Akame ga Kill!' Manga to Receive TV Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 20, 2014 7:02 AM

Aug 2011
Ahh YESSSSSSSSSS. asdkfjdslfasdflkaSDLFKASDF

I can't wait. Wow 2014 truly is the best year.
Jan 20, 2014 7:04 AM

Apr 2013
Red_Keys said:
Looks completely boring and unmentionable from the synopsis.

Maybe a PV will change my mind. Probably not. Pseudo-harems are even more annoying than actual harems.
This x10
Jan 20, 2014 7:42 AM

Oct 2013
Im excited for this! Hopefully, it turns out.
Jan 20, 2014 7:45 AM

Aug 2013
One of my new year wishes has been granted ! Praise the God !!

Please Production I.G/WIT take this anime project.
Jan 20, 2014 8:23 AM

Jun 2012
Sounds interesting.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Jan 20, 2014 8:51 AM

Aug 2011
Isn't this manga super gory/violent? They're probably going to censor it...

I haven't read it yet, but it's on my PTR.
Jan 20, 2014 8:55 AM

Dec 2013
Really looking forward to it, but I can't help but wonder how much censoring it will have as it airs. Hopefully it's done by a good studio and they keep the color schemes of the characters as they are in the manga.
Jan 20, 2014 8:57 AM

Oct 2011
VanishingKira said:
I hope Wit/Production I.G animates this,and not Madhouse especially after what they did with Mahou Sensou.

Suddenly, HxH 2011 and Ippo doesn't exist anymore. Besides, they can't really do much when the source material itself isn't anything out of the ordinary.
CheesekaoJan 20, 2014 9:05 AM
Jan 20, 2014 9:08 AM

Aug 2013
Ah hell, now I gotta work like mad to catch up on this manga! I wanna get past where the anime could possibly get to before it airs so I can compare the show to the original.
Jan 20, 2014 9:08 AM

Apr 2009
Cheesekao said:
VanishingKira said:
I hope Wit/Production I.G animates this,and not Madhouse especially after what they did with Mahou Sensou.

Suddenly, HxH 2011 and Ippo doesn't exist anymore. Besides, they can't really do much when the source material itself isn't anything out of the ordinary.

I think Mahou Sensou deserves the bad treatment. Pulp Fiction doesn't need high production values, unlike HxH or Ippo.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 20, 2014 9:55 AM

Oct 2012
Sourire said:
Red_Keys said:

Maybe a PV will change my mind. Probably not. Pseudo-harems are even more annoying than actual harems.
This x10

That's what all non manger readers will say hahahahahahaha. I don't think you even want a PV to spoil you for the first episode. I'd love to see the look on everyone's faces when the watch the first ep :3

Jan 20, 2014 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
Looking forward to it
Jan 20, 2014 10:05 AM

Apr 2009
Takei_Hisa said:
Sourire said:
Red_Keys said:

This x10

That's what all non manger readers will say hahahahahahaha. I don't think you even want a PV to spoil you for the first episode. I'd love to see the look on everyone's faces when the watch the first ep :3

You mean the moment when it turns into a generic edgy action series? :P
NidhoeggrJan 20, 2014 10:08 AM
Jan 20, 2014 10:39 AM

Aug 2013
No, he means the moment it goes from a generic "defeat the evil empire" series to a "holy shit what just happened" series.

That first chapter was amazing. I love springing it on people.
Jan 20, 2014 11:51 AM

Sep 2013
LAME. This manga has too many females. We need more shows with naked men like Shingeki. DROP DROP DROP
Jan 20, 2014 12:07 PM

Aug 2010
Flume said:
ESDESE IS GETTING ANIMATED, CHRISTMAS HAS COME EARLY, BLESS THE GODS

This year is a good year

^^Took the words right out of my mouth.

I seriously hope they don't censor the hell out of this.
Jan 20, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2010
Awesome, i was about to read manga this week, but now i can wait for anime =) i'll still read it if people say that there are lots of censored scenes in anime tho.So either way, cant wait.2014 ftw, at least for anime.
Jan 20, 2014 1:44 PM

Dec 2011
Ah I remember reading this awhile ago, didn't expect to develop so violent as it did , it was a good story, expected an anime adaption sooner or later.

Just hope it goes to the right studio to give it some justice with all the gore, disembodiment of body parts it has lol. Looking forward to it~
Jan 20, 2014 2:10 PM

Oct 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Takei_Hisa said:
Sourire said:
Red_Keys said:

This x10

You'll see(:

Jan 20, 2014 2:34 PM

Apr 2013
Takei_Hisa said:
Sourire said:
Red_Keys said:

This x10

That's what all non manger readers will say hahahahahahaha. I don't think you even want a PV to spoil you for the first episode. I'd love to see the look on everyone's faces when they watch the first ep :3

*grin*
Because you think that look will disappear from their face after the first episode? xD

Anyway, good news, but I'm a bit afraid that it'll be overly censored and overly changed in order to be less violent for the numerous pink minded anime watchers.
Jan 20, 2014 3:02 PM
Jul 2013
Not looking forward to it as much due to the blood and gore.
Jan 20, 2014 3:04 PM

Mar 2012
Just looks like another SAO to me.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 20, 2014 3:11 PM
Jul 2012
Actually suspected this show will get adapted. Haven't read the manga before, but I'm not that interested on trying it out.
Jan 20, 2014 3:37 PM
Jun 2013
Oh God, Heck Yes. I'm curious on how they plan to adapt this. Totally looking forward for this. This aint your everyday nice and happy manga, things gets dark, really dark, and that's what make it soo interesting.
Jan 20, 2014 3:52 PM

Apr 2009
Takei_Hisa said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Takei_Hisa said:
Sourire said:
Red_Keys said:

This x10

You'll see(:

I read the manga. It is painfully bland and uninspired. Hell, even Deadman Wonderland was better for shock value and DW was pretty bad.
Jan 20, 2014 4:23 PM

Dec 2011
SO EXCITED for this one!!! Finally. I can see that they may end the anime with the recent arc just finished in the manga... but it seems it won't be much of a proper closure.

Anyways, Esdese is gonna be animated!!! Hell yeah. I can totally see Shizuka Itou voicing her, somebody needs to cast her as Esdese! (having a similar voice to Hilda of Beelzebub)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2014 5:46 PM
May 2013
YESSSH CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!!
Jan 20, 2014 7:07 PM

Aug 2013
OH MY GOODNESSS !! This year is going to be the best year yet !!
Edese is going to be in action.. oh my god.
It doesn't matter what others say.. having my fav series adapted is a bliss. XD
Jan 20, 2014 7:08 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Tatsumi looks like a Yuki Kaji character.
Jan 20, 2014 7:17 PM

Jan 2008
Jan 20, 2014 7:37 PM

Sep 2012
And then to official celebrate the announcement of an anime... the author kills all the characters in the next chapter.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jan 20, 2014 7:52 PM

Oct 2013
so looking forward to this love the manga
Jan 20, 2014 7:54 PM

Nov 2011
fuck yes!!@#!@#!#$
Hate Keeps me warm
Jan 20, 2014 8:42 PM

Oct 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Takei_Hisa said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Takei_Hisa said:
Sourire said:
Red_Keys said:

This x10

You'll see(:

I read the manga. It is painfully bland and uninspired. Hell, even Deadman Wonderland was better for shock value and DW was pretty bad.

( - з- ) fine. be that way.

Jan 20, 2014 9:11 PM

Aug 2013
Finally caught up. Hype as fuck for this. God dammit this manga is one of the most intense I've ever read, every damn action scene I was terrified about who would win, you never know who could die until it's over.

Hopefully this is two-cour and made by a competent team, all those action scenes are gonna need a lot of budget.
Jan 21, 2014 2:16 AM
May 2012
I have heard good things about this Manga and this Manga is on my plan to read. I'll probably watch the Anime first before I read the Manga.

I'm hoping for a good Anime adaption.
Jan 21, 2014 4:31 AM

Sep 2013
I cant wait to see the sadist girl edesse
Jan 21, 2014 4:49 AM

Jul 2013
Finished reading the first chapter. I hope Wit or Bones gonna animate this.
Jan 21, 2014 11:48 AM

Nov 2008
i'm surprised i did not think they would anime this manga i'm so psyched
Jan 21, 2014 11:58 AM

Sep 2013
Oh lord, why has thou forsaken me?
I swear, why do all the cliche and boring ass shounen manga get adaptions? This is getting outrageous, it really is.
peeyaj said:
Fueille is a deconstruction of a decent human being.
Jan 21, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2009
fueille said:
I swear, why do all the cliche and boring ass shounen manga get adaptions? This is getting outrageous, it really is.

It's a shame, really. Why is this getting animated and not Hoshi No Samidare, for example? If they want to animate manga with a lot of fighting that might as well take the good ones.
Jan 21, 2014 12:21 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome news! So Excited for this one!
Jan 21, 2014 1:09 PM

Apr 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
fueille said:

It's a shame, really. Why is this getting animated and not Hoshi No Samidare, for example? If they want to animate manga with a lot of fighting that might as well take the good ones.

Don't know about Akame ga Kill, but Hoshi no Samidare wasn't that great in my opinion. The premise was excellent and it had some awesome moments but the mc was annoying and I felt the story wasted a lot of potential. I still enjoyed it, but it could have been much better.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jan 21, 2014 1:19 PM

Apr 2013
I will check it out. Not a big fan of the manga; hopefully the anime is better

geralt said:
Nidhoeggr said:
fueille said:

Don't know about Akame ga Kill, but Hoshi no Samidare wasn't that great in my opinion. The premise was excellent and it had some awesome moments but the mc was annoying and I felt the story wasted a lot of potential. I still enjoyed it, but it could have been much better.

I feel the same about this show. The author has an annoying habit of introducing characters but then killing them off pretty soon after. Plus the back stories are kind of laughable.

Moderator Edit
Please do not double post~
Suzune-chanJan 28, 2014 12:33 PM
Jan 21, 2014 1:29 PM

Apr 2009
geralt said:
Nidhoeggr said:
fueille said:

I think it did exactly what it set to do, subtly undermine tropes, being coherent and deliver a good story with great characters. It's far from being generic despite the initial premise.
Jan 21, 2014 2:30 PM
Mar 2013
omg yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss
Jan 21, 2014 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
fueille said:

Thank you for proving that you haven't read past the first chapter of this manga.

Please go and actually read it before spouting off nonsensical bullshit.

Cupquake said:

I feel the same about this show. The author has an annoying habit of introducing characters but then killing them off pretty soon after. Plus the back stories are kind of laughable.

No shit, that's the kind of manga AGK is. The entire point is that anyone can die at any time, unlike so many other shounen.
Jan 21, 2014 3:12 PM

Apr 2009
Frostav said:
fueille said:

Thank you for proving that you haven't read past the first chapter of this manga.

Please go and actually read it before spouting off nonsensical bullshit.

Cupquake said:

No shit, that's the kind of manga AGK is. The entire point is that anyone can die at any time, unlike so many other shounen.

Lol, your giant experience surely enables you to disregard these valid complaints. Never read an 80s Shounen from WSJ? HxH? Deadman Wonderland or any edgy action Shounen series that plays with the exact same tropes?
I read AkG and it is NOTHING extraordinary. Just because you and many other people have only read one gritty Shounen so far doesn't mean it is unique in any sense of the word.

Especially the twist in the first chapter is laughable as everybody can see it coming a mile away (Protip: Series like Shin Angyo Onshi - aka the REAL SAO - did it way better, although with switched roles). Nor is the morality shown in the main group of both villians and protagonists any different as labels such as 2assassins" are only superficial when tropes don't change. Don't get me started at how predictable every death is as the author makes it REALLY obvious.
Hell, not even the "gore" is anything out of the norm. This is a typical "gritty" Shounen, don't mislead people.
NidhoeggrJan 21, 2014 3:18 PM
Jan 21, 2014 3:14 PM

Aug 2013
Or maybe we just like gritty shounen. Sheesh. Just because something has been done before doesn't mean it's invalid or "bad".

AGK combines gritty shounen with modern-day style/asthetics which is why I love it. I don't really like the look of old manga that much.
Jan 21, 2014 3:16 PM

Apr 2009
No, but just because something utilizes a few tropes a bit differently doesn't mean it is automatically 10/10 OMG SO HYPE BEST SHOW 2014 either.
Can't you just stop the dumb hype train for one second? For at least one show? Pretty please with sugar on top?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
4 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
7 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
8 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.