Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 21, 2009 6:34 PM

Jan 2008
The shame is that this show could have been a 10 with more story direction. As others have said, I enjoyed it, I will watch the next casshern saga but it will never be a rewatch.

Yes I said "the next". Casshern is a Japanese Batman. There's always another, but never really a "sequal"
Mar 21, 2009 7:13 PM
Mar 21, 2009 9:01 PM

Oct 2007
Fabienne said:
What was that stone

It is pretty clear that Ringo has eternal life now and that stone should have explained why Ringo is special. And everyone is being saved by Luna now regardless how they looked which is going to lead this world become an immortal world.

As for the final theme of this show, shouldn't it be about "SINs" rather than "eternal life is wrong"? The only way to tell something is wrong, isn't it their action?

In ep 23 Casshern learned about having eternal life is wrong but what he learned in this episode after Lyuze died is being alive is also important because you can live together with the one you loved. So he couldn't deny the others that they want to be saved by Luna and live on. The reason Casshern attacked Luna and her robots because what they were doing was wrong, they only saved the one they want to save. They decided someone is right or wrong, or deserved to be saved or not base on their appearance alone. Which is pretty much similar to how Casshern used to view eternal life is wrong.

Well, the only thing that I don't like about this show is how they already stated something clear but say otherwise later only to make thing more confusing.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 21, 2009 9:15 PM
Apr 2008
naikou said:
I agree with noteDhero - this should have been a 13 episode series. The main story was completely worthless.

EmmanuelVR said:
*Enough needed for the story. You don't need to know his full life. He was the Robot King that "created" Casshern and ordered him to kill Luna because she was giving death to immortal beings (his army). He thought all the shit that happened because of this was also his sin.
What did he want to do in the first place? Wasn't he trying to conquer the world? What made him stop? I thought the reason he wanted Luna dead was because "the world doesn't need two suns".

EmmanuelVR said:
*There was enough. Luna gave death in her former self, now gives eternal life. She hated what she did previously, and after the ending still is a bitch. But she is a needed "evil". Ruin is not normal death, and she is the only cure. The proble is her eternal life also takes the "true" life out of robots, so to speak. See point 4 for continuation =P
What do you mean she "gave death"? What does that even mean? She went around killing people? Isn't she supposed to be the source of life? Makes no sense at all.

EmmanuelVR said:
...Did you just miss the point of the entire series? Eternal life is wrong
Then why the fuck is Luna still giving people eternal life?

becuase life is still better than death , and eternal life WITH the realisation of death is better than not existing at all . Ringo is the sign of this being the next gen robot that is a life that COULD eternally exist but has the realisation and is capable of death .
>.> talk about shallow understanding

9/10 last episode
8/10 as an anime
10/10 personal rating
Mar 21, 2009 9:35 PM

Aug 2008
8/10

So, anyone know what the story of the live-action movie is?

EmmanuelVR said:
Schwarzer_Tod said:
Comrade reporting in:
Some food for thought, in one slavic language "Luna" means "Moon"...

In spanish Luna means moon.
"The Sun that was called the Moon." I thought it was obvious. Plus, it's originally from Latin.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Mar 21, 2009 9:44 PM

Sep 2007
Shin-kun said:
becuase life is still better than death , and eternal life WITH the realisation of death is better than not existing at all . Ringo is the sign of this being the next gen robot that is a life that COULD eternally exist but has the realisation and is capable of death .

Not really sure what you're trying to say. Ringo "COULD" eternally exist, but is capable of death? What is that supposed to mean? I thought Ringo was basically a regular human now.
Mar 22, 2009 5:12 AM

Feb 2009
did you all just miss the entire idea of the series? because you have to take
naikou said:
Shin-kun said:

Not really sure what you're trying to say. Ringo "COULD" eternally exist, but is capable of death? What is that supposed to mean? I thought Ringo was basically a regular human now.

did you not get the point of the whole series? in the first 15 or so episodes (i forget) we see Casshern dealing with the effects of the Ruin, making it seem that death is bad no matter what but its HOW people deal with it that defines them (remember the human with the cough?)

But then Casshen and co. met the robots who had recieved Luna's eternal behave like drunkards and abusing it... this was the turning point of Casshern who had believed that the Ruin was all bad but it was the realisation of death, as he actually explicitly said at Dio's death, that made people live to the full and not have a meaningless existance.

the last episode was a bit of a dissapointment though but the series still deserves a s 10/10 i think
Mar 22, 2009 6:23 AM

Jul 2007
Great ending of great show.

I just...don't have anything else to say.

Casshern SINS was the kind of series where you do not talk about the plot that much, you think it through, understanding and analyzing the message behind it

9/10
Mar 22, 2009 9:13 AM

Dec 2008
Wow, it ended.
There is not much I can say about this.
I am pretty much speechless.
The art, the message, everything was greatly done.

A 9\10 for me.
Mar 22, 2009 11:49 AM

Sep 2007
thornsap said:
did you not get the point of the whole series?

Apparently not. *sigh*

Mar 22, 2009 1:25 PM

Feb 2009
naikou said:
thornsap said:
did you not get the point of the whole series?

Apparently not. *sigh*

lol, basically, as some1 said earlier, Casshern realises that the Ruin is bad, or 'evil', only because it is unnatural but to some people it is a blessing as it lets them live their lives to the full (like Dio, i quote Casshern he 'blazed') but eternal life devalues life itself, but Casshern does not want to make the decision on whether the Ruin or eternal life should prevail, like he did before and thus, by letting them make their own minds up, he atones for his SINs
Mar 23, 2009 1:27 AM

Dec 2008
After thinking about the ending it confused me somehow

Ruin hasn't stopped,right?
Can Luna give eternal live,it doesn't worked with Leda when you look at her deformed leg.

I don't even get Cassherns last sentence ;(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2009 2:05 AM

Jul 2008
Casshern x Ringo next series maybe?
Mar 23, 2009 5:19 PM
Jul 2008
the show was relatively good. I must agree that the show definitely has its dissapointments but I think the show does prevail. Artwork was amazing all the way and the themes were just great. Feels like TOK all over again. T.T This is a very special anime as not many animes use such a theme and expand on it so much. Overall a great show could have extended to 26 eps to fill in the holes but i guess its a budget thing.
Mar 23, 2009 7:49 PM

Aug 2008
The farewell is a so sweet suffering!
I adored the end! Casshern assume his place like an agent of the death as well as Luna is of the life!
The scene of the Friender together with an adult Ringo on a great flowerbed was really very pretty!
Really I adored!
Mar 24, 2009 7:15 AM

Sep 2008
Fabienne said:

Can Luna give eternal live,it doesn't worked with Leda when you look at her deformed leg.

Leda had basically an overdose of Luna's blood. This somehow screwed her up, and ended with those extra ugly parts.
Mar 25, 2009 1:14 PM

Jun 2008
The ending wasn't really that satisfying for me.
Overall, it was enjoyable series. Also the music is really great.
Mar 25, 2009 3:31 PM

Jun 2007
I was planning on writing up a huge essay but ended up saying screw it lol.

In the end it seems like the robot's are just going to be deceived by Luna and Casshern into thinking that if one dies it's because Casshern killed them. He is basically "the bringer of death" so to speak while Luna is their Saviour.

Ringo mentions that the robots will evolve like her...I call bullshit since she's one of a kind. She would have to have a kid in order to start the evolutionary process, and technically Casshern is the only one that can pass on a "seed" of life to her lol. Although I supposed Ringo could hook up with a human too.

The ending as a whole wasn't what I was expecting and kind of contradicted a lot of things they mentioned or did in the past episodes. I honestly think the writers didn't have an ending ready in time so they just BSed it and hopped that no one would notice the contradictions.

O well it was an overall enjoyable series though.
Mar 26, 2009 12:36 PM
Apr 2008
so after all the arguments im guessing that no one noticed that m.bison made an appearance in that last ep xd
Mar 30, 2009 1:07 PM

Feb 2008

I agree with the posters above. To say it in my own words how I understood the ending:
Ruin started (somehow) when Lunas and Cassherns blood mixed. At that moment the world became unnormal (ruin spread out), as well as Luna and Casshern gained immortality.

Luna <--- destined to bring eternal health!
Casshern <--- destined to bring death!

However, the robots in the world of Casshern could not deal with either ruin nor eternal life. Being infected with ruin most of them just saw death and couldnt overcome their fear. Being infected with eternal life they couldnt find their purpose in life and lost their will to live.

Faced with this dilemma, Casshern decides to let the robots chose:
Either live like a short flame and die by ruin, or live a very long (even eternal) life as long as they dont forget the value of life. If they start to forget or want to end their eternal struggle, Casshern will be on the spot!

Ringo is the first next generation being, that can decide how long she wants to live. She does not need a source of life (Luna) nor a god of death (Casshern). In that case she is more "advanced" than any human being or robot before.

All in all I am disappointed with the second half of the show. It started being a solid 10/10. But now I can not give it more than 8/10 due to confusing story telling.... and the fact that there was "NO KISS" between Lyuze and Casshern. Call me "hopelessly romantic" but one little smacker would have brought me to rate it 9/10!
In fact the scenes between Casshern and Lyuze in this episode prevent the show to fall even harder for me. :P

FTGTMar 30, 2009 1:12 PM
Apr 3, 2009 5:16 PM

Sep 2007
dbaranyi said:
So... we did get an "art house" ending.
Lol, yeah. The last few eps threw me in a loop. First it was pro-life, then it was pro-death. Then in the end, life wins, but death says he'll be back if you forget about me. Halfway through this episode I thought there was gonna be a 2nd season, because there was so little time left, but Casshern finished off BraikingBoss (a.k.a Ganondorf/Bison) in less than a minute, which is something I wasn't expecting. Basically, people died, and it was a bittersweet ending. Although Fabienne brings up a very good point.
Fabienne said:
What was that stone

Apr 10, 2009 12:17 AM

Jun 2007
All I have to say is... Lyuze!!~~ D:

7/10
Apr 12, 2009 2:36 AM

Aug 2007
I'm dying to give this series a 10/10.. but even after reading every post on here.. NO ONE has any solid idea what the stupid ass shiny rock is all about. Why the hell did they make such a big deal about it and not follow up?

If they do an OVA to tie up lose ends I'd be satisfied.
Apr 12, 2009 2:38 AM

Jan 2009
I amazing from 1 to 24. BD version, me watching again!
Apr 12, 2009 2:44 AM

Aug 2008
I got confused in the end with what really happened. Like not all answers were given or something like that.

I actually enjoyed the second part of C:S much more than the first half, by even chnging my score from 6/10=>8/10

Also when Casshern was going to go kill Luna, his helmet was broken the same way as Dio's. When did that happen I don't remember it.

The mention of Casshern and Luna's blood mixture was kind of sudden but didn't help at all with stopping the ruin.

So it's kinda like the way the series started the same way it ended, the only thing that changed was for Casshern to get his memories back and understand what it means to live, but that's it.
Apr 12, 2009 10:37 AM

Oct 2007
Makes perfect sense. They summed up Ringo's specialness by saying that she was the daughter of a robot but it seems was also part human. The metal bands around her head means that she was half robot. The decay killed that part of her. However we know that she was part human because she grows up. The stone allowed Ouji to realize that Luna was death, that was its whole point.

Casshern became the devil to Luna's God. In the last episode we saw how Casshern totally rejected her philosophy of granting immortal life based on seeing that town(in which it almost seemed that people wanted death or some sort of destruction) and his past experiences. He didn't want to kill her though as he was sick of fighting. However Lyuze's final line showed him that people want or need life. He decided to became essentially the boogie-man and remind people(or robots) that they can still die as he can kill them. This allows people to truly "live" as they don't know if Casshern will kill them. You can see this in Luna's expression as she imagines Casshern as a monster.

They perfectly explained Breaking Boss and Luna as characters. Breaking Boss was somewhat a good guy as he felt human civilization was becoming corrupt and so decided too wipe it out. He however became fed up with death(partly due to the ruin) and so decided to help Luna. Luna never liked killing people and so her "death" early on was liberating for her. Instead of granting death she could grant happiness through life. It seems too much of her blood though is poison and will grant death or mutation as seen through Leda. Luna's blood was also really a temporary measure as it seems that robots would still rust even with her treatment(as seen by that robot graveyard) and if past a certain point Luna's blood wouldn't do any good. As Duke said the Sun doesn't give anything but has to continue to shine, so I guess they need Luna's blood multiple times.

Ending reminds me alot of BSG.

9/10 as this was a great psychological anime into the minds of a dying world. The art was great and created a very desolate world.. The plot didn't explain some small things but delved into its topic and theme very well. Characters developed pretty well and give some insight into their background.
JarmelApr 12, 2009 10:54 AM

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Apr 21, 2009 4:43 PM

Oct 2007
With the show's pacing and emphasis on art, it would've been better off as a manga series.
Apr 28, 2009 10:23 PM

Feb 2008
i dont really know any more than i did when he show stated. it was a fairly good show though. i wont really bust a blood vessel just thinking about what the show meant.
Jun 8, 2009 11:23 PM

Feb 2009
I was going to write a lot but after reading a lot of the posts, I'll keep it brief.

- The colored rock (though someone tried to explain it above) still confuses me a bit.
- Lyuze's death was necessary though sad.
- At first, I really wanted Casshern to kill Luna but after all was said and done, realized why he didn't and the importance of it.
- I was saddest when Casshern didn't return to Ringo's side. Though I also realized the reason, I wish he could have seen her growing up.

Overall, I gave it a 8/10. Due to the slow pace, I don't think I could re-watch the series but overall, it was worth watching.
Jun 27, 2009 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
Sad story. Casshern was just a tool, alone for the rest of his life. Luna - pitiful hope.
Ringo was best, a real miracle and so beautiful in the end.
Jul 16, 2009 1:29 PM

Jul 2009
Just got around to finishing this series up today. A clean ending, though there were plenty of plot holes that never got sorted out. Still a good show nonetheless, in my opinion one of the best shows of the past winter season. Though, I hate to prattle on and on and prefer to keep my posts short and sweet. What would have made this show a masterpiece is if it followed the rhythm and atmosphere of the first half. The second brought about many philosophical themes but once again I didn't feel they were touched upon enough or focused. Despite all of this it still garnered a solid B from me.

~Maoh-Sama

Jul 17, 2009 9:48 AM

Jul 2007
Maoh-Sama said:
Just got around to finishing this series up today. A clean ending, though there were plenty of plot holes that never got sorted out.

Just because something is left for a viewer to figure out, it does not mean that "there were plenty of plot holes".

Maoh-Sama said:

The second brought about many philosophical themes but once again I didn't feel they were touched upon enough or focused.

Really? I think the last episode cleared up all these things and clearly reinforced the message the show was carrying. ;)
Jul 19, 2009 9:57 AM

Nov 2008
sick742 said:
Fabienne said:

same question here...
any ideas guys???

No any idea, that's what we call a big plot hole.
Jul 31, 2009 11:56 AM

Jul 2009
It seems as if I didn't have to reply on that one for hoohirai and the others to notice one of the plot holes I was mentionning (the biggest).

Fei while certainly a good show from a lackluster season it is by no means great.

*Sigh*

It has been over a week since I watched the last episode and well my memory on the show isn't perfect I missed the chance for a debate. I should check posts from this section more often in the future.

Oct 7, 2009 3:45 AM
Oct 2009
roku11 said:
so after all the arguments im guessing that no one noticed that m.bison made an appearance in that last ep xd

ZOMG YES!!!! I totally said to my self...wtf M. Bison from street fighter!?! I know this is off topic as hell, compared to how much ppl are arguing about this and that *coughEmmanuelVR > close minded re-re'sCOUGH*...any way...

I THINK, the original NeoHuman Casshern thing from way back in the day -checks wikipedia- .. 1973-74, I think they had the whole look of Braiking Boss made, and that the last fight in Sins was a throw back to that. Meaning ZOMFG, Street Fighter copied off Casshern?! o-0 it wouldn't surprise me with how damn stereotypical nearly every charachter is, Guile being one of the worst.

Also, as for when someone said Lyuze was a kid so Ringo must not be special, I call B.S. bc it was happening during her acid trip like dream episodes, and I think it was symbolism, and she was never that little. It showed her sister as little for some parts as well, but as an adult she looked way more robotic and less 'advanced' compared to her 'sister' Ryuze. I dont think they were 'sisters' but rather nearly identical models, altho Ryuze was an upgrade..This is apparent in her superior fighting skills and being able to hold off the ruin so long.

And to break it down to you people, I think the most basic robots are the Mega Man like fighting ones. Then are humanoid but still all metallic ones like the Painter guy, then I think there is ones that emulate biological humans, but have mechanicall or cybernetic parts, like cyborgs, so maybe partially human, like Lyuze. I think at the time of Braiking boss this was as advanced as it got, until the humans created a 'lifeform' not clearly human or robot or cyborg or any thing, but made up COMPLETELY of nano-machines, which would be Luna. meaning she is tons of microscopic robots. This would explain how her blood can regenerate any thing, including giving her self and Casshern who got too much of her blood in and on him, Immortal. Also when their blood mixed, nano machines got spread to the wind ruining robot kind in some unforseen way. This is probably because Leda, Dio and Casshern were Braiking Bosses experiment to counter act Luna, the new next-gen thing, and they were vastly incomplete compared to how perfect in form and function Luna was. Also Leda and Dio or who impregnated her did work, but nobody knew it. I surmise this was due to fighting and the end of the world. I conjecture that Casshern and Leda and Dio were pretty much failed alglamations of all the technology's. I think Casshern had nano-machines to kill instead of heal, and that fucked up everything. And Dio and Leda were probably more biological than most robots, thus being able to create Ringo. Altho I am not saying Dio is the father, it could of been any one, and Dio may of had some other purpose not related to Leda or Casshern. Casshern having the opposite nano-machines compared to Luna makes sense, because the ruin got spread bc Braiking Boss and Oji fucked up and didnt complete their technology. You can even tell whatever scientist made Luna was far better than Oji and Braking, bc his 3 kids, Hote Hotie and w.e. were advanced as hell too. Also to further demonstrate why I think Casshern had killing nano-machines is the fact that some times he would BARELY fucking touch a robot and it would like explode and disintergrate. But stronger robots wouldn't perhaps because their armor or in Dio's case perhaps anti-nano-machines would counteract this. I am just talking run of the mill super old models like the mega-man like enemy fighter robots. FINALLY to get near the end of my post, much later after all this b.s. Oji found Ringo and she is the true next gen ANDROID. An Android being a fully biological robot. But being fully liviing you could say she is basically human or a clone. Its up to perspective. Also I think the metal things on her were just braces since as someone said in one of the episodes Casshern was freaked out as hell she was bleeding. The rust was probably just on her metal braces, maybe she was frail but grew out of them. A lot of people take the easy way out of this and dont THINK about shit could be explained and say oh it was artsy and there were plot holes. But if you think about advanced science and stuff from other games and anime, you can understand this. The ONLY plot hole I saw it that Oji said he was gonna study the thing the Hote and Hotie and the kid gave them, the nano-machine core rock thinger...then it was just brushed under the rug, due to a lack of funds and/or rating/popularity. I cant really blame them for that. Maybe they wanted more epic of a story but had a lot of things stopping them. Sorry to ramble on, but I wanted to get my thoughts out since some peopel here seem kind of close minded and lazy. x3 sorry to sound cocky and judgemental but I feel strongly for no real reason about this. Oh and I think EmmanuelVR is awesome xD

M. Bison Boss pwnz us all :X
Oct 7, 2009 3:52 AM
Oct 2009
lzumi-chan said:

Also when Casshern was going to go kill Luna, his helmet was broken the same way as Dio's. When did that happen I don't remember it.

--
When Dio was Fighting Casshern the last time, (possibly second to last, sorry)one of his punches knocked off his thing, then later he barely managed to dodge a punch casshern threw to his face, but his punch went thru INTO Cassherns chest. This is probably why he chose to say he 'defeated Casshern' and happily died or w.e. with Leda soon later after and wot not. I mean if Casshern wasn't immortal he would of beat him in terms of skill pretty much.
Oct 7, 2009 3:56 AM
Oct 2009
Jarmel said:
Makes perfect sense. They summed up Ringo's specialness by saying that she was the daughter of a robot but it seems was also part human. The metal bands around her head means that she was half robot. The decay killed that part of her. However we know that she was part human because she grows up. The stone allowed Ouji to realize that Luna was death, that was its whole point.

Casshern became the devil to Luna's God. In the last episode we saw how Casshern totally rejected her philosophy of granting immortal life based on seeing that town(in which it almost seemed that people wanted death or some sort of destruction) and his past experiences. He didn't want to kill her though as he was sick of fighting. However Lyuze's final line showed him that people want or need life. He decided to became essentially the boogie-man and remind people(or robots) that they can still die as he can kill them. This allows people to truly "live" as they don't know if Casshern will kill them. You can see this in Luna's expression as she imagines Casshern as a monster.

They perfectly explained Breaking Boss and Luna as characters. Breaking Boss was somewhat a good guy as he felt human civilization was becoming corrupt and so decided too wipe it out. He however became fed up with death(partly due to the ruin) and so decided to help Luna. Luna never liked killing people and so her "death" early on was liberating for her. Instead of granting death she could grant happiness through life. It seems too much of her blood though is poison and will grant death or mutation as seen through Leda. Luna's blood was also really a temporary measure as it seems that robots would still rust even with her treatment(as seen by that robot graveyard) and if past a certain point Luna's blood wouldn't do any good. As Duke said the Sun doesn't give anything but has to continue to shine, so I guess they need Luna's blood multiple times.

Ending reminds me alot of BSG.

9/10 as this was a great psychological anime into the minds of a dying world. The art was great and created a very desolate world.. The plot didn't explain some small things but delved into its topic and theme very well. Characters developed pretty well and give some insight into their background.

-----

WELL SAID :X I wish I read this before going off. The Stone thing makes sense, I just dont get why three kids had to like do a ritual thing and make it seem super important just so he could study it to learn some thing semi obvious and obscure. I'll accept it tho. I was more being imaginative thinking it was nano-machines and if released the right way in the atmosphere could counter act the ruin so things could semi go back to the right way or all the way. Kind of like how in some movies when there is a disease killing everyone and there is no way to cure it, you find a person who has immunity and make an antidote or pathogen cure from the blood of the immune person. I thought it would be like that, but no, it was more like Devil vs God fuck-you fest xD Everything else you said was spot on! Good show man
Oct 7, 2009 4:01 AM
Oct 2009
Shiny rock = part of some thing from the lab of the guy who made Luna (never shown in show, some old human scientist who died perhaps as far back as hundreds of years ago or at least 20-some.) Its probably some thing he used to make nanomachines which could attack pretty much anything on a cellular level. See my other ramblings for more info. It is pretty much a plot hole but as Jarmel said, it was just a plot device so they could learn more about Luna. I just wish it had been more important, and many people get confused bc it seemed so important when it really wasnt. It seems like the whole ep it was in was about it, but really it had under currents about Leda's past, and Ringo's which shows they are daughter and Mother etc.
Oct 9, 2009 5:08 PM

Mar 2009
HooHiraiBunny said:
sick742 said:
Fabienne said:

same question here...
any ideas guys???

No any idea, that's what we call a big plot hole.

Can’t say I ever saw the shiny rock as a plot hole, since they gave you enough information by episode 21 to deduce what happened to it.

After saying it was worth studying, Oji stayed behind at Luna’s old home and presumably did that. He then returned in episode 21 and told Casshern and co. about Luna’s past. The rock was referred to as Luna’s ‘nano-cells,’ probably a key component in her make-up that would give a mechanic like Oji plenty of insight into her utility.

You just have to pay attention.
Oct 9, 2009 8:20 PM
Oct 2009
basically what he said. I wish people would get more into this. I missed out by watching this 2 years too late I guess. Nobody gives a fuck about the hype no more >.<
Nov 29, 2009 12:41 AM

Apr 2009
lyuze died, therefore it gets 7/10 instead of 8 =P, the ending could have been better but was sufficient, i liked the deep psychological aspect of this anime, however in my opinion ergo proxy beats it.
Jan 18, 2010 5:17 AM

Oct 2008
ramensempai said:
Shiny rock = part of some thing from the lab of the guy who made Luna (never shown in show, some old human scientist who died perhaps as far back as hundreds of years ago or at least 20-some.) Its probably some thing he used to make nanomachines which could attack pretty much anything on a cellular level. See my other ramblings for more info. It is pretty much a plot hole but as Jarmel said, it was just a plot device so they could learn more about Luna. I just wish it had been more important, and many people get confused bc it seemed so important when it really wasnt. It seems like the whole ep it was in was about it, but really it had under currents about Leda's past, and Ringo's which shows they are daughter and Mother etc.

Just wanted to add one thing.
I think Ringo was given the shiny stone, which I agree is some sort of nano-machine technology based core, because that is how she can become the next generation of robots. She said herself, in her teen scene that "all the robots will eventually become like her" or something along those lines.
[complicated pictogram] [complicated pictogram] [complicated pictogram] [urinating dog]
Apr 5, 2010 12:18 PM
Jan 2010
great anime. I agree that begining had deeper and more impressing atmosphere. Even drawing was better (atleast for me). I heard it had smth to do with sponsors and that stuff... That's sad. Anyway, I heard they are dubbing it for USA. I hope Casshern will succeed very well, that might mean that they create smth more like ova or even season 2 (dream on :)
Apr 30, 2010 12:34 PM

Jul 2008
so casshern goes on last rampage; too bad oji and lyze had to die in this episode too
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 15, 2010 3:39 PM

Sep 2008
Finnaly finish this one. Great show with intense atmosphere, and nice animation and OST

The story itself seems have many plothole but if you analyze it, its not that bad

9/10 from me
Jun 14, 2010 1:17 AM

Jul 2009
Love the show sure alot of questions weren't answered but at least it had awesome fights with casshern and dio heck even braiking boss :D i would love to see another tatsunoko franchise reboot. after seeing tatsunoko vs capcom casshern FTW :)
Jul 9, 2010 1:29 AM

Jan 2010
noteDhero said:
There were some really great ideas that pretty much ran out after 12 episodes.
I agree with this. The first half of the series, where he was wandering the earth, meeting people was much more interesting than the whole thing with Dio, Braiking Boss and Luna.

Episode 5 (the one with Sophita) remains my personal favorite.

So Ringo survived? How? We knew she was partly human, but didn't she have robot parts? Perhaps those parts weren't all that important...

There is something I found distasteful. Casshern didn't let Luyze heal herself just because of his stupid (even if somewhat right) beliefs. And when I say let, I mean that he just let her follow him, he should have forced her. What would you do if someone you love is dying and he can be cured if he takes his medicine? You'd try to persuade him to take it, right? (I am not including Ringo, because she survived at the end, so it doesn't matter)

Although I want to, I can't give it more than a 7 or a possible 8. There were just too many flaws to call it a master piece...
werrstonJul 9, 2010 1:34 AM
Sep 8, 2010 11:24 AM

Aug 2009
Great series, you just have to pay close attention even though the pace is slow you can still miss important stuff.
The ending was a bit rushed but i seen worse and it was still great.

Sep 30, 2010 2:57 PM

Aug 2009
This series was just a fantastic treat for the eyes! The art was absolutely wonderful and the music was spot on. This is one of those series I will never forget watching.

As for the story it could of been tightened up a little bit, a second season is not needed but it would of been nice to et those plot holes filled in.
All in all I really enjoyed watching this 9/10
Nov 10, 2010 12:26 AM

Nov 2009
style over substance

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

92 by GabrielWhite »»
Feb 15, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 22 Discussion

shoxk - Mar 8, 2009

36 by P_e_r_i »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:17 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 20 Discussion

dbaranyi - Feb 18, 2009

28 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 7, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Feb 4, 2009

93 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 16, 2008

94 by FireRifle64 »»
Nov 24, 2023 9:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.