Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2009 1:36 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We had some very minor plot advancement towards the end, but otherwise, this episode is a reminiscent of the first Jigoku Shoujo series, where the bully really deserves to go to hell. Anyways, Enma Ai pointed out something very interesting to Yuzuki: Yuzuki, in her heart, wants to send Ai to hell! This was the groundbreaking question that many Jigoku Shoujo fans have been wondering: is it possible to use Jigoku Tsushin to send Enma Ai to hell? We've seen in an earlier episode that sending Ren to hell is useless. Anyways, the preview looks very interesting: finally, PLOT DEVELOPMENT IN THE NEXT EPISODE!! Woo! Is anyone else as excited as I am? I can't wait for next week; not only will the next episode be kick-ass, it's also spring break for me ^^

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 14, 2009 6:01 PM
Feb 2009
And it's the first time were people from the previous episodes appear. (Ignoring the mob from season 2 of course)
Apr 3, 2009 1:17 AM

Sep 2008
Another bullying episode... but I really want to take that girl home, if she comes with the cow costume. <3

Gahhhh~ I want to take her home with her strange voice.

Things are finally coming to a climax though; I can't wait for the next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2009 4:48 AM
Nov 2007
Next episode should be excellent, finally some decent plot development.
They really like to overdo the bulling stories don't they? there have been to many people sent to hell because of bulling over the 3 seasons.
Apr 3, 2009 7:35 AM

Sep 2008
cereal said:
They really like to overdo the bulling stories don't they? there have been to many people sent to hell because of bulling over the 3 seasons.
I can understand why they do it though, I mean it's so common in real life; there's just always a different twist to the motives.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2009 2:31 PM

Feb 2009
He's an idiot or what? He knew about it so why tormenting the poor guy, its not his fault that you are poor, it's not he's fault that your talent is being wasted it's life and it sucks. What a moron to leave his little sister like that?!
MaxCrazy7Apr 3, 2009 2:36 PM
Apr 3, 2009 3:25 PM

Aug 2008
Yeah, I know. My favorite part was when he was sent to hell. He apologized to his sister... lol wtf?! If he wasn't a bully in the first place, then he would have been there to help his sister.

Apr 3, 2009 9:04 PM

Oct 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
cereal said:
I can understand why they do it though, I mean it's so common in real life; there's just always a different twist to the motives.

Yeah, "the bully" is the number one reason anyone would would trade their soul.

What a retarded bully though, with such a perfect little sister to live for. I kinda get why he was angry at the rich kid, and for the most he was thinking of work and supporting the family. He wasn't all bad.

It was envy that was his sin; or his hatred of materialism. I hate people that flaunt their material wealth in your face, but there's a limit. The "victim" in this wasn't some precocious rich kid who treated people like dirt.

I really feel for Yuzuki. I wonder if she will break and do something... you know; permanent.
Apr 3, 2009 9:38 PM

Sep 2008
wow..send ai to hell that sounds akwarded
it kinda freacked me out that yusuki pretended that nothing was happening after hearing the bells
and that street that was full of the people who sent someone to hell was a bit shocking
i belive it was Ai`s plans since the beginig to have yusuki sending her to hell
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 3, 2009 10:47 PM

Feb 2008
there hasn't been a single case where someone truly deserves to go thell. all of them can be resolved in some form or another. people simply resort to the simplest means of releasing their hatred. especially when you push them far enough.

What a retarded bully though, with such a perfect little sister to live for. I kinda get why he was angry at the rich kid, and for the most he was thinking of work and supporting the family. He wasn't all bad.

there are some things that can rise above our attachments to your family members etc... especially when rational thought is not present. the family system, friend system, community, etc are merely aspects of humanity that allow people to function in society. simply because you're biologically related to someone doesn't mean you have to give a damn[although a vast majority does give a damn even in times they really shouldnt]. with the common type of upbringing, this is never even a though that occurs in some people's minds. they simply adhere to society and its rules and never think otherwise.

your life does not have to affect anyone, but if you want to live in normal society, it most certainly will and will obligate you to act accordingly[even if you enjoy it enough to actually not call it an obligation].

hehe AI being the hell girl IS her hell.
Apr 3, 2009 11:11 PM

Oct 2008
kisami said:
there are some things that can rise above our attachments to your family members etc... especially when rational thought is not present. the family system, friend system, community, etc are merely aspects of humanity that allow people to function in society. simply because you're biologically related to someone doesn't mean you have to give a damn[although a vast majority does give a damn even in times they really shouldnt]. with the common type of upbringing, this is never even a though that occurs in some people's minds. they simply adhere to society and its rules and never think otherwise.

We did witness his appreciation of his sister though. We saw him think of her kindly when he ate her sandwiches. We saw him get angry specifically because of how he wanted to care for his sister. They showed us these things to tell us that he does love his sister.

If it was just himself, he probably wouldn't have so much hatred and wouldn't be a bully. I was actually expecting him to be the one to pull the string. We know he thought of it.

Every episode of this makes me a little sad. No one deserves to go to hell for ever, and yet every week two people do.

I can't stop watching though...
Apr 4, 2009 12:51 AM

Sep 2008
JJW009 said:
kisami said:

We did witness his appreciation of his sister though. We saw him think of her kindly when he ate her sandwiches. We saw him get angry specifically because of how he wanted to care for his sister. They showed us these things to tell us that he does love his sister.

If it was just himself, he probably wouldn't have so much hatred and wouldn't be a bully. I was actually expecting him to be the one to pull the string. We know he thought of it.

Every episode of this makes me a little sad. No one deserves to go to hell for ever, and yet every week two people do.

I can't stop watching though...
How could he have pulled the string if he already sent his father to Hell? >_>

However, I do think that some people deserve to go to hell; I mean with over 70 scenarios there have been quite a lot that just portray the scum of human being, but that's what I love so much about this series.

Sure pulling the string is the easy way out, but the mind is a very fragile thing sometimes...
Apr 4, 2009 9:55 AM

Aug 2008
^I concur. Also, I don't believe this boy took the easy way out; I mean it was self-defense. There were a few other cases in the series where if the person didn't pull the string, he would have been killed, like that girl in season 1.

Also, I feel no sympathy for the bully. His sister places so much trust in him, and what does he do? First, he sends their father to hell; second, he threatens to kill a kid unless he pulls the string (that's the same as begging him to send him to hell). I feel bad for the sister, though, but as for the bully, I was laughing when he was on the boat to hell. No wonder why he didn't get into the good high school; it's because he's a retard.

Apr 4, 2009 1:11 PM
Dec 2007
guyklc said:
Yeah, I know. My favorite part was when he was sent to hell. He apologized to his sister... lol wtf?! If he wasn't a bully in the first place, then he would have been there to help his sister.

Fumio was such a lame and pathetic character that even I wanted to bully him... And he didn't even realize in the end that he "stole" (symbolically speaking once again) the other boy's (don't rememebr his name) place at Tokuei. Well, it wasn't particularly his fault, but just for his lack of empathy towards others, he deserved to be bullied. Anyway, both are wrong in the end, which is basically the case in every episode of this third season of Jigoku Shoujo, and that's why it's so good. Great twist at the end, I didn't expect that too !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 5, 2009 3:15 PM
Feb 2009
ahhh!!! the part where ai said, "you hate me don't you? do you want to send me to hell?" that's a slap in the face...lol
Apr 6, 2009 1:33 PM
Nov 2008
* I watched it half-way through the episode and pause for a while prepare myself for another heart-break tear-jerking scene that will likely come.

* And thank Kikuri-hime for a good comic relief :D

* Well The Guilty One is social welfare and kind of econonomic class conflict
sad...sad..world...

* Tomohide is not without guilty...you are only angry teen who lessen degree of your feeling for Class Struggle into Bullying. I feel sorry for your younger sis' and your mom.

* I'm not that much typical Commie why the hell that pacifist Bourgeiose (I might spell it wrong) deserve to be bullied? The bully may act out of jealousy but then you just make yourself look more like dregs.

* ...and it's "I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!" scene

There will be Hell !

* Other bullies became paranoid , I'd send them to Hinamizawa instead of Hell.

* How could these moms be so stupid!

* The near-end scene was a "Guess Who?" game!

This ep. is a lot better than Motif-based ep. like the previous one...I really miss emotional Jigoku Shoujo like in first season and also curse us with Moral Dilemma like in second season.
May 6, 2009 12:05 PM

Sep 2007
I don't know if it's just me, but I keep getting the feeling that this is just more of the same. Hope the next episodes may come up with something good to the actual plot...

May 31, 2009 8:25 PM

Dec 2008
Omg! Send Ai to hell! I have never thought of that. I can't wait to see what's up next. Also, I think that bully was a retard but still a good kid. He was doing these things because he was angry he couldn't really support and protect his sister, so he took it out on Fumio, the symbol of all he desired (high school, wealth, etc.). In the end though, he is a fuckin retard for abandoning his sister like that.
Sep 28, 2009 7:18 PM

Aug 2009
Ai provoking Yuzuki to hate her was just epic win. I wonder if she'll really do what Ai said, send Ai to hell, that's it.

Rich guy got owned. He sent the poor guy to hell because he's being a bully only to find out that they're also bullies in his new school. Lololol damn.
Nov 21, 2009 5:15 PM

Mar 2009
Moonfrost said:
Ai provoking Yuzuki to hate her was just epic win. I wonder if she'll really do what Ai said, send Ai to hell, that's it.

sorry, it's not possible to send Ai to hell, because her being hell girl IS her hell.

also, i felt a little sympathy for the bully because he sent his own dad to hell for personal reasons and he has a crappy life, and honestly, i don't think its that bad for a kid who gets everything he wants in life to have something bad happen to him for once.

but i object to the bullying obviously, yada yada. and that was stupid that the bully didn't even take into account what his sister would think if she saw him like that.
Jan 27, 2010 3:37 PM

Nov 2009
his sister was so cute X3 wow... that was interesting i guess... XP he should have jus stood up 4 himself or... if hes so rich hire a bodyguard!!! XD
Sep 12, 2010 1:42 AM
Aug 2008
Wow, horrible episode. But it was saved by the ending, thank god. I think Yuzuki will become the next Jigoku Shoujo if she sends Enma Ai to hell.
Feb 20, 2011 7:11 AM

Oct 2008
Lol, owned.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 11, 2011 5:58 AM

Jun 2009
The Yuzuki & Ai scene at the ende is what I reffer to like "lol pwnd biatch!". Best scene in the whole season in my humble opinion.
Sep 4, 2011 5:01 PM

Dec 2010
I was thinking to comment on this episode tomorrow or so, but Yuzuki just moved my heart at the ending and I really couldn't stop myself from posting.

First thing first. I liked the scene where we got sight on "Heaven Girl" books.
I hate these bullying series - we see how the characters send their enemies to hell for almost no reason at all. The bullying in school will over one day, but your soul will be doomed to Hell forever if you pull the red string and most of the bullied victims do it in moments of spontaneous anger. I like wa-a-a-ay more the episodes involving more of a deep reason for sending.
The bully... I really hate him for what person he was. So first he sends his father to hell. OK, this is your chance, you'll pay for this later on. But then you bully your classmate just because he was more lucky to be born in a rich family, you try to kill him and you even make him pull the red string. This bastard deserves to burn in the deepest pit of Hell for all an eternity. He successfully sent two people to hell in his life. Surely he's one of the persons who deserve to be punished to Hell no matter how you look at it. I don't care if he had kawai sister or if he wanted to give his all life just to build future for her. About that... he's total fool, losing his last chance for living before going to hell. I think that he was more egoist than actually carrying brother - he chose personal revenge born from his own envy.
But he ended up right about one thing. Fumio wasted his eternity just to find that his life will not change at all.
Although everything I said to now, the actual reason for this comment was Yuzuki. Her determination to go against Ai and her own fate, her look in the eyes... she totally moved and inspired me. Once again, I love you Yuzuki!
Jul 17, 2012 2:21 AM

Jul 2011
fuck bullies i hate them
and mikage better not even dream about sending Ai to hell... can you do that?? send hell girl to hell???
Aug 11, 2012 7:17 AM

May 2012
The purpose of the pestering is really stupid just because he's more fortunate than other's he shouldn't be a target of bullying! I can't remember if we already had an episode about the pester him self but why would he banish his father to hell if they're having so much problems ?

The story was not bad, more a big attention maker about bullying.

The ending with Ai was quite epic there she provoked Yuzuki for her hate towards Jigoku Shoujo! Would it even be possible to send Enma Ai to hell ?
Sep 20, 2012 9:51 PM

Apr 2011
What a episode! The issue bullying pops up in majority of the "Hell Girl" series, but we had a fail twist today. The bully got sent to hell, for tormenting the rich victim and attempted murder. Ironically, the show tried to twist partial fault to the victim too, because the bully had a shitty life, while the victim (rich) took things for granted. I would of felt something for the bully, but I did not. Sadly the rich victim did not put people down, when he showboat his material richness. On the plus side, even without the rich kid in the series, it seem the whole class was weary of the bully & his gang anyways.

The person I felt sad for the most, was the bully little sister. She very cute and tried to support her brother into continuing high school and have a good future. This is why I was extra angry at him. He has a supporting sister/mother, who is working overtime for him. If only he tried his best and follow his dreams, maybe he could of hit it big and return the favor.

Thanks to Ai, we found out Yuzuki does hate people, when she pushed to her limits. Can't wait for further twist on her destiny or how she getting out of it.
Dec 28, 2012 1:36 PM

Jun 2011
Wow, it's been a while since I wanted to know so much about the details for the story as the episode went on.
So... who had Tomohide sent to hell? His father?

Haha! Brilliant! "Don't you want to send me to hell?" :D
Feb 1, 2013 10:37 PM

Sep 2012
The bully deserved it.
Mar 6, 2013 5:38 AM

Jun 2012
Was I suppose to pity that bully when I saw his back story? He was still a jerk, he deserved to go to hell for all that I care...

Rich guy, even if he was oblivious to bully's feelings, still didn't do anything wrong that deserved that kind of bullying...

Yuzuki stopped trying to prevent people from going to hell? It looks like it's getting interesting. Can't wait to see what happens.
Aug 25, 2013 5:28 AM
Aug 2012
am i supposed to feel sorry for that jerk? ya, he was poor and he had a family to take care of, but to me it doesnt excuse his actions. what if he really did kill fumio? messed up. im glad he was banished.
Dec 8, 2013 4:02 AM

Jun 2012
like tsugumi said to Yuzuki in a earlier episode you can't tell me you never felt relieved sometimes when someone was sent to hell it actually the same point what Ai is making you hate me now and wan to sent me to hell.

i wonder if Ai just wanted to provoke her to become hell girl or Ai really want to get sent to hell maybe she will get sent to hell if that's possible and then Yuzuki becomes the new hell girl because of that. might be true cause i think Tsugumi also wanted to stop Ai in season 1 maybe even thought about sending Ai to hell but in the end wondered if she actually really wanted to stop her and because she decided not to might be the reason she didn't become hell girl hum i just hope that Yuzuki doesn't sent Ai to hell if that is even possible.

maybe there is a whole different reason we will find out eventually.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
May 7, 2014 11:08 AM
Dec 2011
That wasn't an eagle
May 18, 2014 9:37 AM

Jul 2012
As much as I hate bullies to a point I wish I could send them all to hell we forget there still humans with problems, yes I get what it means to get bullied I know but watching this makes me think.......that bullies have there problems too

Bad parenting
Poor home
Bad influences

The bully clearly hated him because he got in to the school he wanted to get in and he's rich and his poor

As much as I hate bullies........I wouldn't want to become a monster who banishes someone to hell
geekfreak17aMay 18, 2014 9:56 AM
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Sep 6, 2014 2:53 PM

May 2013
Jacut said:
guyklc said:

Fumio was such a lame and pathetic character that even I wanted to bully him... And he didn't even realize in the end that he "stole" (symbolically speaking once again) the other boy's (don't rememebr his name) place at Tokuei. Well, it wasn't particularly his fault, but just for his lack of empathy towards others, he deserved to be bullied. Anyway, both are wrong in the end, which is basically the case in every episode of this third season of Jigoku Shoujo, and that's why it's so good. Great twist at the end, I didn't expect that too !
What? Stole his place? First of all he worked his way to earn his place in a prestigious school, it isn't his fault his bully preferred to get his anger out on others and be a delinquent instead of studying like he did. If he had worked for his place they both could have gotten to go to that school, Fumio had nothing to do with it, nor did he steal his place. Second, empathy? The guy only bullied him all the time and he had to show empathy to him? Erm, no, and nobody deserves to be bullied for such a stupid reason. Sorry but your comment irritated me.
Dec 14, 2014 2:10 AM

Nov 2013
This episode was pretty bad. Nothing happened other than the bit with Ai and Yuzuki at the end. At least we should be getting some really epic episodes now that we have reached the end.

I hated the bullies but goddamn was the rich guy a fucking pussy. It's like he'd been pampered all his life and had never done anything for himself.

Mediocre episode 5/10 hopefully this is where the shitty episodes end and where the awesome episodes rise!

Oct 16, 2015 5:21 AM

Aug 2014
Are we even suppoded to feel bad for him because he was poor?

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
May 14, 2017 11:26 AM

Apr 2009
It's not Fumia's fault that you are poor. Stupid bully.
Nov 2, 2017 9:34 AM

May 2015
Boring episode. Not much progress in story.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 4, 2017 4:34 AM

Sep 2012
Ai is savage, Ai: right new, you Hate me. Don't you want to send me to hell? so savage XD
Feb 22, 2018 2:34 AM

Oct 2015
Fuck that bully! Fuck his eyebrows too! Poor Pussy chan is about to get bullied again in the new school.
Jun 12, 2019 7:38 AM

Jun 2017
Lol at the bully bastard, he deserved to get sent to hell, as do every other bullies does, no matter what their so-called unreasonable "reasons" are, there's no real reason for you to bully someone like that, I hope he experiences every possible fiendish punishment in hell eternally. It's not the fault of the privileged kid that you're poor, it's not his fault that your talent is wasted.

Poor guy though, If he doesn't step up his game and do something about it, he'll get bullied again, maybe try to learn self-defense techniques?

Anyway, a very nice episode.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Feb 1, 2021 11:56 AM

Mar 2019
Another bully episode, getting bored of this. Why does this have to be 26 episodes as well. Also related to the story, he was bullying the kid for being rich and thinking he's special so I agree with the poor guy, but not to the point where he took the metal thing and was about to beat him. Like seriously and you could have just told me to give you more money and that would help your family as well.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 19, 2021 1:34 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
"Why do I have to go to hell after sending others to hell?!"

Killing others is hard when it involves your own wellbeing, isn't it? lmao. Those bullies were assholes but god was that rich kid selfish and stupid.

There is no such thing as a "free service" in the game of vengeance.

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Nov 12, 2022 7:45 PM
Dec 2017
another day another petty bully episode

Aug 12, 2023 2:13 PM

Sep 2017
They really had to go out of their way and give him those eyebrows to highlight his delinquency lol.
خ
Nov 11, 2023 3:21 PM

Jul 2023
Reply to Robertovk
like tsugumi said to Yuzuki in a earlier episode you can't tell me you never felt relieved sometimes when someone was sent to hell it actually the same point what Ai is making you hate me now and wan to sent me to hell.

i wonder if Ai just wanted to provoke her to become hell girl or Ai really want to get sent to hell maybe she will get sent to hell if that's possible and then Yuzuki becomes the new hell girl because of that. might be true cause i think Tsugumi also wanted to stop Ai in season 1 maybe even thought about sending Ai to hell but in the end wondered if she actually really wanted to stop her and because she decided not to might be the reason she didn't become hell girl hum i just hope that Yuzuki doesn't sent Ai to hell if that is even possible.

maybe there is a whole different reason we will find out eventually.
Robertovk said:
i think Tsugumi also wanted to stop Ai in season 1

Actually, she didn't want to stop Hell Girl in season 1. She was actually cheering for Hell Girl. It was only Hajime who wanted the banishings to stop, and Tsugumi only went along with it because she had this connection with Enma and thus could sense where and when the next Hell contract would be.

More topics from this board

» do you really believe that all thee victims deserved to go to hell

geekfreak17a - May 17, 2014

5 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 18 Discussion

guyklc - Feb 7, 2009

35 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 27, 2008

72 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beave - Mar 20, 2009

52 by Phobossus »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

guyklc - Nov 22, 2008

82 by Phobossus »»
Aug 21, 2023 10:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.