Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 22, 2013 8:28 AM
Dec 2013
dobinz said:
xchee said:
To those who have read the LN:
A simple yes or no. You don't have to tell me what he's going to do.

It's killing me T___T

Great Episode....
But I wish the princess would fall for Shiroe....
Guess u can call me the kinda guy that likes(loves) Harem......XP
Look forward to next episode.....*making the wish*.....
Dec 22, 2013 8:42 AM
Dec 2012
Marow said:
That dungeon run reminds me of running with bad pugs ;_;

Still enjoying the series a lot :D

LEEROYYYYYYYYYY JENSKINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
pokpokzaDec 22, 2013 8:52 AM
Dec 22, 2013 9:03 AM

Nov 2013
Nice episode!

Poor Akatsuki for being confused as a children and for having to play with them!

And that blond guy really remembers me of Guiche from Zero no Tsukaima... Both are blond, idiots and talk to much lol

Dec 22, 2013 9:03 AM

Dec 2008
They seriously overestimated the complexity of the MMOs in this series. 5 players can't beat 5 lower lvl skelets it's just impossible even for total newbies.
Dec 22, 2013 9:06 AM
Dec 2012
DivAsakust said:
Akanezora said:
Kaiburr said:
I never understood why people go with support classes. I mean, being a tank is WAY more fun : /

I know right? I can understand Healer but, I would NEVER be a Bard class in a MMORPG.

In older games, support classes are one of the funnest classes to play because of the variety of things they can bring to a party. Nowadays they're just bad or crammed in with mages.

back in Ragnarok online support is a GOD and can determinate the outcome of battle such as priest heal, Scholar area.. and so on , they sould have just DPS SLOWLY! and DOT DOT more DOT, -50 dkp for all of them
Dec 22, 2013 9:52 AM
Dec 2013
pokpokza said:
DivAsakust said:
Akanezora said:
Kaiburr said:
I never understood why people go with support classes. I mean, being a tank is WAY more fun : /

I know right? I can understand Healer but, I would NEVER be a Bard class in a MMORPG.

In older games, support classes are one of the funnest classes to play because of the variety of things they can bring to a party. Nowadays they're just bad or crammed in with mages.

back in Ragnarok online support is a GOD and can determinate the outcome of battle such as priest heal, Scholar area.. and so on , they sould have just DPS SLOWLY! and DOT DOT more DOT, -50 dkp for all of them

I've been playing Everquest (the first one) on a classic server called [Project1999]. The game is regarded as the archetype where MMO's took off.

And the Enchanter and Bard are the most unique of classes.

The Bard is a jack-of-all trades when grouping, but its musical forte makes it the best solo class in the game. Played at an elite level, the Bard can gather all the mobs in an entire zone and kill them in a "Death March".

It's truly a sight to behold.

But when played correctly, the Enchanter is by far the most "inherently" powerful of all the classes;

It can solo groups of mobs (which is really hard in EQ since individual mobs of your own level are realistically stronger than you are).

It can duo with most classes.

But the real key is that every group and raid in the game requires Enchanters. No other class will do.

So the support classes "In older games" like Everquest in its early incarnations (and currently on fan servers) are indispensable.
Dec 22, 2013 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
Nice, this got the mmo terminology right. Nub can't tank for shit.
Dec 22, 2013 11:10 AM

Jul 2011
xMGMx said:
They seriously overestimated the complexity of the MMOs in this series. 5 players can't beat 5 lower lvl skelets it's just impossible even for total newbies.

Even the 'normal' monsters in Elder Tales were made for 1v1 at best, and the dungeon ones are slightly harder. Please don't confuse Elder Tales with a current generation MMO where trash mobs don't do any damage at all, it's more based on older games like Everquest.
Dec 22, 2013 11:13 AM

Nov 2013
This is why DPS shouldn't talk sht xD
Dec 22, 2013 1:12 PM
Jul 2013
Regular Episode.
Dec 22, 2013 1:36 PM

Oct 2013
I find it really interesting that the People of the Land have been sentient this whole time, even when Elder Tale was just a game.

I share the princess' dream of lying in bed all day in my pajamas.
ghostsDec 22, 2013 2:05 PM
Dec 22, 2013 3:50 PM
Mar 2009
Dancing and party-in-dungeon mechanics, good exploration of the out-of-combat and in-combat use of "songs" and other abilities.

Really awesome.... much more interesting that (what little of) .hack or any other MMO related anime that I have watched, and actually makes me pumped to play an MMO now.

...but instead I'll prob. just work on one of the old JRPGs that I have gathering dust on PS2, waiting for me to finish them.

Anyhow, 5/5 for the episode! Really great one!
Dec 22, 2013 5:27 PM

Apr 2010
Someone should tell Crusty what happened to Griffith for watching the old king's daughter like that...
Dec 22, 2013 5:41 PM

Jul 2012
violets said:
I find it really interesting that the People of the Land have been sentient this whole time, even when Elder Tale was just a game.

I share the princess' dream of lying in bed all day in my pajamas.

That's why there are theories that the world they are in is not really a virtual game world but a parallel one resembling the game. Or that it's a hyper advanced civilization sim run by multiple super computers. The later is a bit unlikely because the level of technology hasn't advanced that far yet in the story setting (21st century references everywhere).

Dec 22, 2013 8:46 PM

Jan 2013
Phemt said:
Someone should tell Crusty what happened to Griffith for watching the old king's daughter like that...

Lmaooooo
Dec 23, 2013 3:34 AM
Jun 2010
terry17761 said:
pokpokza said:
DivAsakust said:
Akanezora said:
Kaiburr said:

I've been playing Everquest (the first one) on a classic server called [Project1999]. The game is regarded as the archetype where MMO's took off.

And the Enchanter and Bard are the most unique of classes.

The Bard is a jack-of-all trades when grouping, but its musical forte makes it the best solo class in the game. Played at an elite level, the Bard can gather all the mobs in an entire zone and kill them in a "Death March".

It's truly a sight to behold.

But when played correctly, the Enchanter is by far the most "inherently" powerful of all the classes;

It can solo groups of mobs (which is really hard in EQ since individual mobs of your own level are realistically stronger than you are).

It can duo with most classes.

But the real key is that every group and raid in the game requires Enchanters. No other class will do.

So the support classes "In older games" like Everquest in its early incarnations (and currently on fan servers) are indispensable.

Exactly. These days, healer and tanks are treated as dispensable or scapegoat for failure, even though they are the most critical part of a party.

---

What the user are feeling is the different between playing a point & click mmorpg, and experience more of an action mmorpg where they have to be in the place of their character. Even in an action mmorpg, a nub will die in a dungeon fill with monster of the same level or even lower. I've seen enough of it in action mmorpg. Even I have my bad days failing hard dungeons with mobs of the same level.

I'm talking about games like vindictus, and raiderz. Dragon Nest and Tera online are far easier imo. I do not consider Guild Wars 2 to be the same. In fact, I still treat Guild Wars 2 as an P&C mmorpg, but have the option of using WASD to move, specially due to the fact that it still involve a lot of auto-aim/auto-follow with no real dodge other than walking outside the AoE range.
LazyLuongDec 23, 2013 3:44 AM
Dec 23, 2013 12:33 PM

Aug 2012
Back then when i used to play MMORPG, i found a lot of players who played like Rundelhaus in a party, so annoying :|

ibrahim2712 said:
Phemt said:

Lmaooooo

LOL this is hilarious XD

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 23, 2013 4:48 PM

Jan 2013
That was good ^^.
Haha, the two evil people with glasses ^^.
Crusty vs Shiroie xD.

Hmm, I wonder what the princess is gonna do.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Dec 23, 2013 5:53 PM
Nov 2013
Nice episode, it has enough progression in it. I wonder what's going to happen between the people of the land, since all noble's want the adventurers on their side, a war maybe?

Second the scene with Henrietta and Shiroe was epic, respect for Akatsuki for keeping a pokerface while being extremely jealous from the inside.

Lolled @ Rundel Haus, what an idiot, but still funny as hell haha, wouldn't have laughed if he wasn't in this episode.

That crusty boy, what is he up to? I feel like something very disturbing is coming, or this is a false climax situation where it eventually turns out to be nothing.

Does anyone have any spoilers for me about Crusty ? Only about his motives of interacting with the princess or his possible maliciousness? PM me, or just post it as a "hide spoiler" button

Thanks!
yilmaz19Dec 23, 2013 6:01 PM
Dec 23, 2013 7:11 PM

Aug 2013
Dat Lenessia.. Looks like crusty will be hitting on her, I hope Shiroe does. hahahaa

Ahhh, I want to see shiroe's romance!

I'm excited to what'll happen next week.

BTW,
Advance
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Dec 23, 2013 7:46 PM

Apr 2010
This episode felt longer than usual. But that's okay.

That dungeon reminded me of when I played Fiesta.

Dec 24, 2013 4:53 AM
Nov 2013
iamdarrenearl said:
Dat Lenessia.. Looks like crusty will be hitting on her, I hope Shiroe does. hahahaa

BTW,
Advance
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Yeah true, I would also like to see Shiroe with Lenessia haha! It feels like that's the best way to go. Akatsuki is a little shrimp, half the height of Shiroe, so it would be a little off if he goes for Akatsuki.
Dec 24, 2013 6:44 AM

Apr 2013
Akanezora said:
Kaiburr said:

I guess you were never became a support tank before? Now that is fun!
I am starting my own blog now; but you will probably not like it.

https://goodbadotaku.wordpress.com/
Dec 24, 2013 6:46 AM

Dec 2009
Enjoying a lot this show!

Typical noob mistake: get agro from a lot of monsters...
Dec 24, 2013 12:45 PM

Dec 2009
I think this and the next episode is going to be one of my favorite parts of this series. Lots of good interactions, Rudie is freaking hilarious, Princess NEET and of course the lovely political intrigue with the Nobles. Oh so much fun. :3
Dec 24, 2013 5:34 PM

Jul 2012
yilmaz19 said:
iamdarrenearl said:

BTW,
Advance
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Yeah true, I would also like to see Shiroe with Lenessia haha! It feels like that's the best way to go. Akatsuki is a little shrimp, half the height of Shiroe, so it would be a little off if he goes for Akatsuki.

Dec 25, 2013 12:20 AM

Aug 2013
swordstriker21 said:
yilmaz19 said:
iamdarrenearl said:

BTW,
Advance
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Well, we gotta wait for what's gotta happen in the next episodes, hahahaa

Besides, it's not like SAO, this doesn't have romance as part of it's genre so... we shouldn't expect much when it comes to that. But of course we're welcome to shiroe's love story! hahahaa

You're the best when it comes to spoiler's mate hahaha

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Dec 25, 2013 12:45 AM

Apr 2012
Dancing simulator 2013. Also, the way they all pretty much just stood there while Touya took on the skeletons was retarded...
Dec 25, 2013 2:29 AM
Dec 2013
iamdarrenearl said:
swordstriker21 said:
yilmaz19 said:
iamdarrenearl said:

BTW,
Advance
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Well, we gotta wait for what's gotta happen in the next episodes, hahahaa

Besides, it's not like SAO, this doesn't have romance as part of it's genre so... we shouldn't expect much when it comes to that. But of course we're welcome to shiroe's love story! hahahaa

You're the best when it comes to spoiler's mate hahaha

MERRY CHRISTMAS

not to disagree.. but ..this anime/manga/lightnovel has romance not just too FOCUSED LIKE SAO but it has romance...... but not only a portion of it mostly this anime/manga/novel focuses more in MMO in-game view and politics and economics and actions.. since MmO's is not all ACtions noh?
Dec 25, 2013 4:43 AM

Sep 2012
antonn said:
This-fucking-anime. I'm in love.
Dec 25, 2013 9:57 AM

Jun 2013
ahem .. where is the bunch who says sao is better than this. did sao gives you the "ahh memories of me playing mmo" feels ? no.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Dec 25, 2013 4:59 PM

Jul 2012
Riez said:
ahem .. where is the bunch who says sao is better than this. did sao gives you the "ahh memories of me playing mmo" feels ? no.

It wasn't supposed to. Kawahara wasn't focusing on that aspect too much. LH does. And for people who are looking for that sort of thing LH is heaven. SAO completely veers away from the standard MMO theme in the current arc. And it's surprisingly good. Just don't go looking for gaming nostalgia since it isn't about that at all. LH is great in portraying that old school MMO feel and we love it for that. But SAO also has some good points (I'm talking about the novels mostly). It's just that it doesn't really revolve around the theme but just uses it as a backdrop. There's a definite difference. It just depends on what type of series you're looking for.
Dec 25, 2013 8:07 PM

Mar 2012
Riez said:

Good job. You managed to completely ignore a topic made entirely around of comparisons with SAO to post this in a episode discussion.
Dec 26, 2013 12:56 AM
Sep 2013
That date rape face Crusty gave the princess at the end...
Dec 26, 2013 2:04 AM

Oct 2009
Great dance :D
The Princess is gorgeous!
Dec 26, 2013 2:13 AM

Dec 2013
yilmaz19 said:
Nice episode, it has enough progression in it. I wonder what's going to happen between the people of the land, since all noble's want the adventurers on their side, a war maybe?
Thanks!

I think they (our lovely heroes) will use the fact that every noble want the adventurers on their side to make them fight with each other.

Divide and you will rule the kingdom, right? Or something like that, i can't remember, honestly.
Dec 26, 2013 5:11 AM

Aug 2013
Urquiza said:
I think they (our lovely heroes) will use the fact that every noble want the adventurers on their side to make them fight with each other.

Divide and you will rule the kingdom, right? Or something like that, i can't remember, honestly.

"Divide and conquer" you mean?

That would be truly evil and I doubt any Adventurer wants that.
Dec 26, 2013 12:55 PM

Aug 2013
This anime basically is how I wish reality would be. Having the option to choose your class and stuff. Contributing to making the city and the world safer. Or going on adventures. Man, thats the life.

This anime is pure awesome. Watching as something starts out small, and grows bigger and bigger. (No sex joke intended, only their city and importance in the world and story)

EDIT : I wonder though, will this anime become just like another I watched that, it starts off with all this adventure`n`shit, but turns out the other half is just politics, and economy, with little to no action whatsoever. But, as long as Shiroe and Akatsuki get together, Its all good. xD
Rei_ReiDec 26, 2013 1:03 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2013 8:48 PM
Dec 2013
Man, what I wouldnt give it for stuff like Log Horizon to be real life to be fair.

Would be so much more exciting and worthwhile. Guess thats the inner geek talking.

I did like SAO aswell but this one is showing a whole different side. Just curious where its gonna lead eventually. A little bit more action would be nice though. But that could change any moment in the way it is going.
Dec 27, 2013 8:31 AM
Dec 2013
MrRazzleDazzle said:
This anime basically is how I wish reality would be. Having the option to choose your class and stuff. Contributing to making the city and the world safer. Or going on adventures. Man, thats the life.

This anime is pure awesome. Watching as something starts out small, and grows bigger and bigger. (No sex joke intended, only their city and importance in the world and story)

EDIT : I wonder though, will this anime become just like another I watched that, it starts off with all this adventure`n`shit, but turns out the other half is just politics, and economy, with little to no action whatsoever. But, as long as Shiroe and Akatsuki get together, Its all good. xD

you'll get what you want for another 3 - 5 episodes... and it will be dramatic to action to AWESOME ACtion scenes.. just wait for this season to be finished .. you'll be craving for the next season.........I promise! =)..

but if u cant wait.. u can read all of it at baka tsuki.. uptil volume 5... but if u can read nihongo....... its already at vol. 7... =)
Dec 27, 2013 8:43 AM
Oct 2013
Dec 27, 2013 1:16 PM

May 2013
nice
Dec 27, 2013 6:24 PM
May 2009
dobinz said:
warning to anyone who mainly watch only Log Horizon anime version plz avoid Log Horizon Wikia. just read up few minute ago. they spoil all Rundelhaus secret in first line of his page. lol
Yeah I was wondering where the heck the spoiler tag was XD
Dec 27, 2013 11:42 PM

Jul 2012
japzone said:
dobinz said:
warning to anyone who mainly watch only Log Horizon anime version plz avoid Log Horizon Wikia. just read up few minute ago. they spoil all Rundelhaus secret in first line of his page. lol
Yeah I was wondering where the heck the spoiler tag was XD

It's a Wikia. What'd you expect?
Dec 29, 2013 6:14 AM

Feb 2013
that crusty up to something
Dec 29, 2013 8:22 AM

Jan 2013
Loved it .

This anime has the potential to be the best this season .
KladDec 29, 2013 8:27 AM
Dec 29, 2013 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
swordstriker21 said:
It's a Wikia. What'd you expect?

Well,it is fine that info is on Wiki,but they could at least use spoiler tags,I imagine there are lots of people who want to check few things about Log Horizon and spoilers would and will spoil their experience.
Dec 29, 2013 11:58 PM

Apr 2013
Lol they ran away like a bunch of noob's on their first raid xD

Cant wait to hear the princess talking.
Dec 31, 2013 11:55 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode.
It will take them forever to level up.
Jan 1, 2014 12:24 AM
Aug 2011
lols that Rundel Haus made the noob party hilarious.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.