Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2013 6:54 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
While this is quite a dated anime already they did manage to entertain me to the fullest especially that two great make voice actors one being of course Wakamoto Norio and second Nakao Ryusei! So that sure was quite lovely as well! The ending was pretty decent and the overall style and look was quite decent compared to what year it was made in!
Jun 28, 2014 12:12 PM

Oct 2013
that was interesting i guesss .... 5/10
[/quote]
Mar 24, 2015 1:26 PM

Jul 2014
The story didn't make any sense and was way to short (or to long for the plot it featured...), but it felt like a typical 90s anime and it was halfwhat decent to look at (I'd like to see more from this universe). So, 3/5 for the sake of nostalgia.
Jan 25, 2017 7:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Should have made it longer and fleshed it out more. Then again, maybe that's too much to expect from SAtoshi Urushihara who is more of a hentai man. I gotta give it to him, he does know how to draw a nice pair of breasts.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 28, 2018 4:48 AM

Feb 2017
Quite a few cool scenes. Point blank with the pistol looked rough.
Nov 6, 2018 12:58 PM

Aug 2015
I found this pretty awful. The setting is incomprehensible, are they in space, the atmosphere, underwater? The ship is supposed to be not equipped to deal with real combat, something Balboa has a whole scene about, yet they somehow annihilate a space navy with a giant beam? The bad guy is nothing but a helmeted cloak and face. It's not silly or ecchi enough to be enjoyed purely on fanservice, and not logical enough to be taken seriously.

They didn't even show the big blonde, Mei, naked.
Nov 6, 2018 2:15 PM

Dec 2008
What's to discuss? Tits and ass galore-bring it on baby!!
Life Is Short But Intense.
Jan 24, 2019 7:07 AM

Aug 2012
I liked this. Some nice animation and I liked the setting quite alot too. Was a bit short given the plot though we got most of the setup we needed and the action scenes in the reactor were great. That point black shot to the face was fucking brutal lol.

Ecchi scenes weren't so bad either :P

Overall an enjoyable OVA that after hearing so much about over the years ended up surpassing my expectations alittle, which is nice.

Would love to get a Blu Ray of this one day.
Apr 26, 2019 8:37 PM

Sep 2018
I liked this, it might not have made a whole lot of sense but it was fun action romp and the art work and animation were really good.
Also I don't get the fixation some of you have on the breast shots, they aren't even a big focus, they are kinda just there. Also to be honest I've seen it done much sexier than this. *shrugs*
KristiwazhereApr 26, 2019 8:40 PM
Oct 1, 2019 5:23 AM

Jan 2013
A single small ship designed mainly for hunting takes out a gigantic military fleet full of weaponized airships with a giant laser beam. A+ writing.

How did not the antagonist see Tita holding the gun in her hands while he was strangling her? Also, why would he remove the helmet for no reason at all? This another questionable part of the episode.

Anyway, I kinda liked this mainly due to the animation and ecchi scenes. I think I would have liked it better if it was just a SoL of the ship crew hunting animals. 6*/10
Jul 14, 2020 9:00 AM
May 2019
Well, that was pretty useless. The animation is good as you'd expect from an OVA, but oh my, the plot is all over the place. At least I got a few laughs out of it.
Jul 1, 2021 9:14 AM

Aug 2017
That ship was equipped with Yamato-level weapons lol. Tita getting rid of the soldiers and the main villain was hilarious. Nonsensical fun is all that this OVA is.
St0rmbladeJul 1, 2021 9:37 AM
Oct 17, 2021 6:29 AM

Aug 2018
It’s tough to rate this one, good fanservice but they could have worked more on the script. 6.5/10
Dec 30, 2021 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
I love Urushihara Satoshi's character design so much. It's shame that getting his artbooks is now nearly impossible.
This OVA is all about visuals. Story is plain and naive, but holy cow, these visuals and animation!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 26, 2022 6:36 PM

Nov 2012
Nice tits Tita, you too Ellyse ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Satoshi Urushihara's character designs are great.
Oct 23, 2022 6:12 PM
Dec 2020
How the hell did he not notice that she had picked up the gun he purposely shot out of her hand just moments before.
Feb 10, 2023 10:26 PM

Sep 2018
Just not developed enough, little known about a lot of things. Very unsatisfying conclusion to a main fight, but some decent silly fun. 5/10.  
Apr 13, 2023 12:06 PM

Jan 2013
I'm not sure where everyone is finding this one as both copies I found online were raw versions.
'Dreams Start by Believing' ~ Haruhi Suzumiya

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.