Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 6, 2013 10:44 AM

Jan 2008
OVER TOP SILLY. Not very amusing when the serious level of the Anime is like 2 kindergarten kids are playing together super heros.
Dec 6, 2013 11:21 AM

Nov 2012
nice episode.. :3
new form senketsu lol.. :3
and finally that girl show up :3 damn that end :3
Dec 6, 2013 11:53 AM
Jun 2011
Zetsubo667 said:
Jakuzure's fight on the other hand was pretty good it seems pretty clear now that she's the strongest of the elite four.

Na, Monkey is the strongest.

His super vision makes him the strongest, and he is the only one who actually noticed Ryuko's badassry in the Gamagori fight before it became obvious.

He is also stronger because he has already learned what the other elite 4 are only learning now, that his arrogance is what made him loose.
Dec 6, 2013 1:38 PM

Jun 2013
So ridiculous! But at the same time soooo goooood!!!

At this rate, if they don't take things to space at some point I'll be disappointed :)
Dec 6, 2013 1:53 PM
Jul 2013
SajuukKhar said:
Zetsubo667 said:
Jakuzure's fight on the other hand was pretty good it seems pretty clear now that she's the strongest of the elite four.

Na, Monkey is the strongest.

His super vision makes him the strongest, and he is the only one who actually noticed Ryuko's badassry in the Gamagori fight before it became obvious.

He is also stronger because he has already learned what the other elite 4 are only learning now, that his arrogance is what made him loose.
Yeah, excpet he's still arrogant. And yes, I think Nonon is stronger than Uzu if for no other reason than her bass cannons. If Uzu really has heightened his senses the way he has, than a soundwave strong ever to force Ryuko to cough up blood would seriously hurt him. He also has no way to reach Nonon from the ground.

Just wait until next week. I'm willing to bet that Ryuko will beat Uzu by having Senketsu evolve into something similar to Nonon's soundwave attacks, overloading his senses and making him an easy target.
Dec 6, 2013 2:58 PM

May 2013
I'm definitely excited for next week's episode, since Kinagase is sure to do something completely unwarranted for.
I'm not confident in Ryuko's ability to win this round with Jakuzure, but I do hope she wins and figures out the deal with her dad's death.
I can't wait until next week.
Dec 6, 2013 4:24 PM
May 2012
Jamknife said:
I really liked the music that was playing as Matoi transformed into Senketsu's flying version. Anyone know what it was called???

I agree, if anyone has any insight on this, it would be most appreciated!

Also I was slightly disappointed with the the probe regalia, but still turned out fun to watch
Dec 6, 2013 5:21 PM

Jan 2012
The first fight with Houka was awful.
He was way too weak for one of the Four Elites, IMO.
Still, no loss as the second fight with Nonon got started right away.

Both uniforms reflecting their role in the school...
Yet since this appears to be the design prerequisite, they turn out kind of lame.

Still, Nonon seemed to be a bit of a huge overkill.
Ryuuko & Senketsu obviously stepping up to the challenge with another epic transformation.
It will be interesting to see where this battle goes in the next episode. I'm hoping the fact that Nonon seemed to get super-pissed-off at the end means there will be plenty of action.

Another thing, I foresee an upcoming twist with the new character, Harime Nui.
We don't yet know if she'll turn out to be a supporter or opponent, but it should definitely make the plot more interesting.
(Although surprise opponent is most likely the way this series goes)
Dec 6, 2013 5:22 PM
Jul 2013
I was disappointed the fight between Inumuta and Matoi, so simple and so short. Nonon is moe since childhood but now becomes more violent.

Intriguing about the new girl.
Dec 6, 2013 6:14 PM
Jun 2011
Virtual_BS said:
The first fight with Houka was awful.
He was way too weak for one of the Four Elites, IMO.

that because he wasn't really fighting, he even says at the end of his battle that he cares more about data then victory.

kdr said:
Yeah, excpet he's still arrogant. And yes, I think Nonon is stronger than Uzu if for no other reason than her bass cannons. If Uzu really has heightened his senses the way he has, than a soundwave strong ever to force Ryuko to cough up blood would seriously hurt him. He also has no way to reach Nonon from the ground.

I would disagree, he just sees so much he knows how the fights are going to turn out. His all knowingness just seems like arrogance.

Also, him having heightened senses hasn't affected him any other time since then. People seem to confuse "I don't like drinking tea because its really warm to me" with "OMG I CANT DRINK TEA OR ILL DIE JUST MUH SENSES!". sanagema isn't that overly disabled by his heightened powers.
SajuukKharDec 6, 2013 6:18 PM
Dec 6, 2013 6:32 PM

Jul 2008
I like Ryuuko's new abilities n this episode but her battle against Houka and Nonon weren't as impressive as Gamagoori. It looks like Aikurou is worried the uniform might take control of Ryuuko when it fully evolved but that remains to be seen.
Dec 6, 2013 7:01 PM

Jan 2012
ShanaFlame said:
I like Ryuuko's new abilities n this episode but her battle against Houka and Nonon weren't as impressive as Gamagoori. It looks like Aikurou is worried the uniform might take control of Ryuuko when it fully evolved but that remains to be seen.
I actually think this will be essential in defeating Uzu.
Since he can read subtle movements of the human body taken before an action to predict what the person is going to do and counter it...
If Ryuuko lets Senketsu control her, rather than controlling him, it would make her actions seem inhuman and therefore unpredictable to him.
I think there's enough trust and care between Ryuuko and Senketsu that Senketsu won't abuse that ability, and will turn over control to Ryuuko again once they're done.
The reason for Aikuro panic though being based on the history of life fibres going wild with humans who aren't stronger than them.
He expects Senketsu to become stronger than Ryuuko and go crazy with her body. However, I think Ryuuko will willingly let Senketsu control her for the fight, after which he will willingly be submissive to her again.
Dec 6, 2013 8:27 PM

Aug 2008
The Houka fight really sucked. I was expecting more, especially from an elite four. I also don't like how Senketsu just happens to have so many transformations that just happen to be a good counter against Ryuko's opponents. It cheapens the battle.

Oh well, Nonon was what really made this episode worth it. So moe, and I love her troll face.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 6, 2013 8:33 PM

Jun 2013
Intereo said:
Too convenient.
My thoughts exactly.
Dec 6, 2013 8:36 PM

Sep 2010
loli Nonon and loli Satsuki
(i can die happily now)

OTOH everyone is being very harsh with Inumuta, he's just a (not so)regular pc geek/nerd in charge of intel, what did you expect? (all dem passive-agressive insults with Gamagoori tho xD)

That "worst-case scenario"... wonder what Nudist Beach will try (and why will they try it).
CatastrophicDec 6, 2013 8:59 PM
Dec 6, 2013 9:13 PM

Sep 2013
Oh, so he touches himself. Cool.
Dec 6, 2013 9:46 PM

Apr 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Also, it kinda bothers me that Ryuko's going around and beating the Elite 4 left and right when we're at 10 episodes in a 24 episode series.

Well, I'm expecting them to make a comeback like Sanegawa did, but still...this seems too easy

It probably will follow the TTGL formula and the story will broaden to a grander scope than just the academy.
Powerful eyebrows.
Dec 6, 2013 9:51 PM

Aug 2008
I was expecting Inumata to be at least stronger than Gamagori but it turned out that he was the weakest although I have to say he has the coolest regalia among the elite 4. Mako x Gamagori is pretty hilarious. Nonon's past is cute plus loli Satsuki-sama. lol
Senketsu's evolution is also epic and at the same time worrying and it's not surprising if Nudist Beach is alarmed by this and planning their moves. I always feel Satsuki-sama will not be the endboss considering there's a new suspicious character in the preview. Anyway, we will know whether it will affect the course of the next remaining 15 episodes.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Dec 6, 2013 10:07 PM

Sep 2013
Definitely the Nonon version of Colossal Titan.
Dec 7, 2013 12:36 AM

Apr 2012
i love how everyone has the most ridiculous abilities. lol I think that's the reason I'm still watching this series......Dat animation is growing on me too. Shit this anime is just adhd yolo

why does this anime remind me of eva and katanagatari. Does anyone see the similarities or is just me
zzzeallyDec 7, 2013 12:41 AM

Dec 7, 2013 1:06 AM
Aug 2011
Okay that typing was amazing.

I have to say that GAmagoori is climbing up my list of favorite characters for this show.
Dec 7, 2013 3:56 AM

May 2012
Much better than episode 9. Two flashbacks and two awesome fights in one episode.

Nonon is my favorite out of the elite four
Dec 7, 2013 4:44 AM

Jul 2012
Nonon Jakuzure is mad now that someone else is her sky.

Great episode!!!
Dec 7, 2013 6:23 AM

Oct 2009
Well Houka was pathetic o_o
Chibi Satsuki and Nonon were cute~
Senketsu is overpowered now, I knew it was evolving too fast :/
Dec 7, 2013 7:41 AM

Nov 2013
Inumuta ended been more like a data recollection type than a combat type. The battle with nonon was good and the ost was excellent, as always. Next episode appears a new character and we'll see nonon's fight climax.
Dec 7, 2013 11:10 AM

Jan 2011
Cool episode, data-boy is weak as shit too. Loli-chan has Dr. Dre shit.
Zeally said:
Shit this anime is just adhd yolo

Give this man a cookie!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 7, 2013 11:51 AM

Jan 2012
Forgetfulness said:
Also, it kinda bothers me that Ryuko's going around and beating the Elite 4 left and right when we're at 10 episodes in a 24 episode series.

Well, I'm expecting them to make a comeback like Sanegawa did, but still...this seems too easy
Read my speculation in the EP9 thread.
I think that's an essential part of the plot to bring about the second half of the series, which will be completely different.
Dec 7, 2013 12:58 PM

Apr 2013
MasterMeNL said:
Loli-chan has Dr. Dre shit.

Reminded me of this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqrJBgPrevk
Powerful eyebrows.
Dec 7, 2013 5:05 PM
Jan 2013
Am I the only one who didn't like this episode? I'm fine with over the top but I found the first fight extremely boring and Nonon's musical blimp of death somehow jumped over the top and fell right back down to the bottom. I mean, at some point there has to be a limit right? Ig there really doesn't, this show will clearly end with galaxies being thrown at each other. Side note, Mako is the best character.
Dec 7, 2013 7:55 PM

Apr 2012
wow i did not expect houka's fight to be over that quickly. he seemed really interesting and i wanted more!
but nonon's also a really cool character and i LOVE her uniform. but surely she'll be beat.
who is that girl in the preview sequence?? so curiousss
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2013 8:56 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Can we just make Nonon the main character?
SHE IS THE BEST IN THIS SERIES
Dec 7, 2013 10:42 PM

Mar 2012
Little Satsuki was a boss back then too. Can't wait for the OST
Dec 8, 2013 2:54 AM

Jul 2007
So, Nudist Beach are the Anti-Spirals, eh.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Dec 8, 2013 3:41 AM

Apr 2013
Itchy episode and Mahou Shoujo!
Dec 8, 2013 4:26 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

If you need to save the current anime Japanese animation, then with the media and with the minds that there are, must decide to make the series that have great graphics and plots epic! * _ *
Returning to today's episode, if I have to say, I liked most of the secondary characters that the protagonists Gamagori and friend Mako win, much more entertaining and incisive in the narrative, they manage to stay in the mind longer than Ryuuko and its transformations a bit obvious, as are the ultra discounted uniforms of the four leaders! D:
More and more curious to find out what's in store the finished series direct clashes! * _ *
The remaining episodes are still very much! * _ *

I noticed that this time it was much more modest uniform of Ryuuko, during the gust of wind! ASD
Dec 8, 2013 8:40 AM

Dec 2008
Iron Man - check!
MGS - check!

Who's next?
Dec 8, 2013 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
On the surface it is good, but underneath, I still feel unsatisfied. Not because of the hype, not because of overrated shit or sth, it just doesn't live up to what it seems to be. Feel a bit disappointed
Dec 8, 2013 1:40 PM

Oct 2012
Chore continues... well. This is getting boring again. And very repetetive.
Dec 8, 2013 3:07 PM

Aug 2008
I was a tad disappointed by the Houka fight, but that seemed to be all a feint to gather intimate information on Ryuuko. Nonon's is turning out to be quite a bit more entertaining. But with so much more left to go in this series, I have a feeling that this is mostly a prerequisite to something much bigger. Senketsu seems to be super helpful and supportive, but Nudist Beach seems to know what they're talking (Aikuro anyway) when they talk about him evolving too quickly. The end of this arc may involve learning what the Life Fibers really are and where they come from.

DonKangolJonesDec 8, 2013 3:27 PM
Dec 8, 2013 4:03 PM

Jun 2012
Worst episode yet, we need to maintain atleast a level of unpredictability here.
Dec 8, 2013 4:11 PM
Sep 2013
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Worst episode yet, we need to maintain atleast a level of unpredictability here.

So you were able to predict that Inumata would forfeit like that before it happened and you were able to predict what Jakuzure's Goku uniform would look like before she transformed because I have to say that's pretty impressive of you if you did.

And on the other hand i'm sure not many people like yourself knew that the "trap" character in episode 4 was a traitor before the reveal.
Dec 8, 2013 7:15 PM

Aug 2012
The music was godlike in this episode.
Dec 8, 2013 9:40 PM

Feb 2010
This show is pure entertainment and I'm grateful to be along for the ride.
Dec 8, 2013 10:22 PM

Apr 2013
loved the computer guy and how he kept typing in his keyboards in weird positions xD
Dec 9, 2013 5:30 AM
Feb 2012
This show is getting better with every episode. 5/5
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 10, 2013 7:15 AM

Apr 2013
Aikurou is planning something. And what does he mean by "Its evolving too fast" ???

I wonder who was that girl with the eye patch in the preview :o
Dec 10, 2013 7:22 AM

Sep 2011
Zetsubo667 said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:

So you were able to predict that Inumata would forfeit like that before it happened and you were able to predict what Jakuzure's Goku uniform would look like before she transformed because I have to say that's pretty impressive of you if you did.

And on the other hand i'm sure not many people like yourself knew that the "trap" character in episode 4 was a traitor before the reveal.
wait you didnt know the trap character was bad in episode 4? Her attackign ryuuko and messing up their path at every possible chance seriously didnt clue you in? The joke of that episode was it was obvious ryuuko was helping out the bad guy

And the forfeiting dude and what the girls uniform look like are not things that apply to the shows predictability. The predictability is this show's fights all follow the same formula

step 1: bad guy used powers and kicks ryuuko's ass for a few minutes
step 2: pull something new about the suit out of their ass and beat bad guy
optional step: throw in a few gags about ryuuko's suit being revealing cause those will always be funny no matter how many times you reuse them every second of every episode.

i mean just look at this ep for fucks sake, how do you beat flying character? Simple pull flying ability out of your ass, and its not even just this episode its all the fights, like how do you beat satsuki? simple pull power upgrade out of thin air

The fights in this series are just painful to sit through since they are all identical to the last, thats why im excited by the possibility that sanketsu isnt gonna be used for the later half of the show so we can be done with this bullshit

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 10, 2013 3:27 PM

Apr 2010
I think we will have something like Gurren Lagan here.... the bad guys aren't so bad in the end, and a greater enemy will appear and change all the dynamic of the show.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

956 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

393 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.