Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 26, 2013 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat bike.

Ah, Touji and his past sure wasn't pretty. I guess being a former delinquent was never pleasant anyways. Oh shit, his new form though...Time for some falcon punches. I bet Touma would be proud.
Nov 26, 2013 8:09 AM
Dec 2012
Kagami's familiars were unexpectedly humorous. A bit reminded me of karasu tengu from xxxHolic. Interesting to see the building that had appeared in Devil Survivior 2 as well.

I'd like to see Toji going fully berserk sometime.
Nov 26, 2013 11:10 AM

Aug 2010
Nice ep :)

Damn that beginning was just pure brutal with how Touji beat the hell out of Harutora O_O...Really surprised that Harutora didn't get scarred for life after that happened XD

The fight between Ogre Touji and Harutora was pretty awesome. For once I thought Harutora was cool with his preaching and his trust that Touji won't punch him and how he was smiling throughout hehe. Lol'd at how he punched his lights out after Touji got everything under control. Poor Touji XD

Shit seems to be getting real on Natsume's side. But the Divine generals seem like BAs so this shouldn't be that much of a problem. Let's see hoe they kick ass nxt.

Flying Kon was cute as usual <3
Nov 26, 2013 12:10 PM

Oct 2010
I liked Touji full orge form. It looks just like my boy from Onimusha Dawn of Dreams. Episode was good its finally past the manga.

This is who Touji looks like.

bonifideNov 26, 2013 12:14 PM
Nov 26, 2013 12:17 PM
Nov 2013
I find this show very boring and unenjoyable plus i find almost the whole main cast extremely unlikable they really just suck and so does this show makes me sad that this got a 2 cour season when its not good in the slightest. so many better choices out there. Also the whole friends forever shit is so cheesy and lame makes me want to vomit.
Nov 26, 2013 12:31 PM

Jul 2013
Well, at least Touji didn't go on a rampage when wondering through town on his ogre form, but stopped by the power of his friend, Harutora.

Things are getting intense on Natsume's perspective view.

Nov 26, 2013 12:49 PM

Jul 2013
It seems as though all the drama built up from Touji being an ogre went out the window, unless of course something happens later. I don't know why but something Harutora said made me curious. 'I'm too old to be caught up in your youthful passions'. Could this be foreshadowing something? Harutora's not exactly old so it seemed a little odd. Maybe I'm just over thinking it.
Nov 26, 2013 1:05 PM

May 2013
That punch from Harutora knocked him out cold. Touji's ogre from looks cool. Things are happens from Natsume's side. Can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 26, 2013 2:00 PM

Sep 2013
Harutora didn't notice the one-armed ogre's presence, I wonder what his role will be?

Houji's ogre form looked like a Samurai.
Nov 26, 2013 2:16 PM

Jul 2013
Bromance sure was strong here.
Nov 26, 2013 2:31 PM

Mar 2010
Good episode, it shows the kind of dynamic relationship that Harutora and Touji have. Harutora can be liken to panacea that allows Touji to retain his humanity and cope issues. It's also helps that Harutora isn't the kind of person to filch at an Ogre.

The new Divine General that showed up Zenjirou Kogure seemed like a pretty chill guy and much more approachable then Kagami.

eminagnam said:
Kagami's familiars were unexpectedly humorous. A bit reminded me of karasu tengu from xxxHolic. Interesting to see the building that had appeared in Devil Survivior 2 as well.

Those Tengus actually look to belong to Zenjirou going by they dialogue.

Ophis said:
It seems as though all the drama built up from Touji being an ogre went out the window, unless of course something happens later.

His problems with the Ogre spirit aren't over. Harutora didn't cure him, only brought back to his senses. He just puts it straight to Touji, keep struggling to win over it so he still live the life that he has now, if not for himself then everyone he actually cares about.
Iron_MawNov 26, 2013 4:54 PM
Nov 26, 2013 2:46 PM

Nov 2013
It was a good episode. I loved the conflict between Harutora and Touji it really shows their true bonds as friends. Though I really kind of wanted to see Touji fully transform into the Ogre and become the first creature that Harutora had to seal. (I might be a bit messed up) Though if it does happen at least this forms contrast.

The part at the end left a nice cliffhanger for us to wait for.
http://typhoonlordgiref.blogspot.com/ <---- until I finish my banner

I can forget everything about an anime and still remember the music that was in it. Music is the path to the soul.
Nov 26, 2013 3:28 PM

May 2011
Those Tengus reminded me of Nurarihyon no Mago ;p episode was OK, just wished to see some more power coming from transformed Touji. His ogre form looked little pointless. Anyway the opening scene was quite surprising with all that blood. Can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 26, 2013 3:44 PM

Mar 2012
A little cheesy, but I liked the scene between Touji and Harutora at the end. At least now we know Touji's not just some one-dimensional character who makes snarky comments all the time. And Harutora isn't so dumb after all!
Nov 26, 2013 3:50 PM

May 2013
Mmmm nice episode, we get to know Touji´s past and damn this anime likes cliffhangers =/
Nov 26, 2013 4:02 PM

Jul 2010
Another cliffhanger...

bonifide said:
I liked Touji full orge form. It looks just like my boy from Onimusha Dawn of Dreams
Was thinking the same.Soki ftw.
Nov 26, 2013 4:06 PM

Dec 2012
Seriously... If I don't see some sort of power development in Harutora I'm dropping the series, boring as shit to see a MC in a show like this be able to do shit all 8 episodes in other than bromance enemies into submission.
Ǝ W ˙˙ ɹ ∀ Ǝ Ⅎ
Nov 26, 2013 4:33 PM

Jul 2009
that's a pretty cool looking ogre touji
like some kind of japanese general/samurai

good char development this week.
Nov 26, 2013 5:27 PM
Mar 2012
Wonder how Harutora reacted after that beating in the beginning of the episode. And I feel sorry for Kon at the end lol~
Nov 26, 2013 5:33 PM

Apr 2011
Touji's ogre form is badass. If he can control it and use it as advantage, that'll be awesome.
Nov 26, 2013 6:14 PM

Aug 2009
Getting interesting.
Good episode.

Nov 26, 2013 8:24 PM

Aug 2013
Zenjiro's a pretty cool guy. I like him already.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 26, 2013 8:41 PM

Nov 2012
Touji transformation was quite bad ass, and Harutora was kind of cool on this episode.
Nov 26, 2013 8:43 PM

Jan 2008
Pretty sure that's not how blood splatters unless his head were completely crushed like a pancake. Meh.

Who do you think you are Touji? Date Masamune?

Touji sure is emo. That's teen angst for ya. Harutora's "Youthful passions" was quite the apt description.
Nov 26, 2013 9:01 PM

Jul 2013
Alright people good episode and all, all that Touji badassness was cool, and looks like things will heat up next ep, BUT LETS BE HONEST HEREE

episode 8 already and STILLL goth loli kinda crazy girl hasnt returned... what is up with that ???

They even show her being cool every OP just for tease... goddam
Nov 26, 2013 9:12 PM

Nov 2008
Patureau said:
Alright people good episode and all, all that Touji badassness was cool, and looks like things will heat up next ep, BUT LETS BE HONEST HEREE

episode 8 already and STILLL goth loli kinda crazy girl hasnt returned... what is up with that ???

You mean the one of the 12 generals?
blEh SIGGY
Nov 26, 2013 9:13 PM

Mar 2010
Patureau said:

Nov 26, 2013 9:31 PM

Jul 2012
Demonshaw17 said:
Seriously... If I don't see some sort of power development in Harutora I'm dropping the series, boring as shit to see a MC in a show like this be able to do shit all 8 episodes in other than bromance enemies into submission.

A power jump huh? Oh you don't worry about that.

Relax and enjoy the ride. This is two cour. You bet there would be something like that since it's a shounen series. If you want to spoil yourself though then read above. Or see my profile.
swordstriker21Nov 26, 2013 9:35 PM
Nov 26, 2013 9:57 PM

Jul 2009
swordstriker21 said:
Demonshaw17 said:

A power jump huh? Oh you don't worry about that.

Relax and enjoy the ride. This is two cour. You bet there would be something like that since it's a shounen series. If you want to spoil yourself though then read above. Or see my profile.

does touji get to control that ogre power?
Nov 26, 2013 10:37 PM
Aug 2011
I liked that opening scene.
Nov 27, 2013 12:06 AM
Feb 2009
damn..
Nov 27, 2013 1:20 AM

Mar 2013
It's official, the twelve divine generals are way more interesting than our lameass main characters. Another wasted potential in which perspective to show of a universe.

Touji's getting more interesting, thankfully, and I'm glad to hear that he was actually a delinquent. His ogre form's pretty disappointing, though. I'm not really surprised that this anime just decided "ogre" means a bishie gets some glowy eyes and new long hair, and the face veins were a nice touch that most anime wouldn't bother to add, but the fact that a demon taking over your body would leave it looking mostly bishie is fucking dumb. I was at least hoping for some body changing, fangs too big for his jaw to sustain, shit like that. Bishies just... staying bishie when they're meant to becoming monsters is such a pet peeve of mine. Can't they at least look like monsters instead of the same skinnyass girl-baiting pretty boys? jfc

The episode ending was signalling this anime going downhill again, with all this ~*~power of friendship~*~ bullshit. Some of the episode seemed to start distracting from actual action for... pretty much no reason, too. Did we really need to see a flashback about giving Touji sweets literally about 30 seconds after that actual scene took place? No, we didn't, and it dragged on long enough for me to groan at the screen and audibly complain about it. Thank fuck for that ponytail guy and his rampant spirit disaster unleashing.

This anime's definitely getting better though, but the start was still shit, no matter what delusional diehards are gonna shout about it for the second time in two weeks lol. Get a hobby, this anime's not perfect, and I'm gonna say my opinion for as long as it's still somewhat worth watching.
Nov 27, 2013 1:52 AM

May 2011
Good episode :)

@straggy

are you a masochist? is it really fun for you to watch something that you don't like?

straggy said:

no matter what delusional diehards are gonna shout about it for the second time in two weeks lol. Get a hobby, this anime's not perfect, and I'm gonna say my opinion for as long as it's still somewhat worth watching.

Mod Edit: provocative words removed.
ThangLongNov 27, 2013 9:22 AM
Nov 27, 2013 2:28 AM

Mar 2013
LOL it hasn't even been two hours and we're back to this shit.

bluepand4 said:
are you a masochist? is it really fun for you to watch something that you don't like?

I literally just said "this anime's getting better". I sat it out for a while and it improved so I'm still watching it. How is that even hard to understand omg. You can watch something and still find fault in it.

Mod Edit: insults removed.
ThangLongNov 27, 2013 9:30 AM
Nov 27, 2013 2:57 AM

Mar 2010
Kurogashi said:

does touji get to control that ogre power?

Mod Edit: quote of deleted post removed.
ThangLongNov 27, 2013 9:31 AM
Nov 27, 2013 4:13 AM

Oct 2013
Pretty fucked up opening.
DAT Bromance though. Harutora x Touji Anyone? XD
3 plus 1 former Divine Generals introduced till episode 8, they sure are interesting.
Those crow familiars belonged to Kagami right? Such funny familiars for a badass Divine General lol.

Good Episode overall, liked the character development.

On a side note...Zenjiro uses a katana
I have seen somewhere Harutora using a katana too. Maybe its Zenjiro's katana?
Nov 27, 2013 6:39 AM

Jul 2012
We this episode was great I really enjoyed the fight between harutora and touji and that last punch harutora had to put in there.

Great episode!!!
Nov 27, 2013 7:03 AM

Jul 2010
JoksPacifist said:
Bromance sure was strong here.

Indeed, I really liked that Harutora x Touji's moment.
Looking forward to next week's episode.
Nov 27, 2013 7:12 AM

Oct 2013
I like touji look. So cool. LOL
Nov 27, 2013 8:04 AM

Nov 2011
Kagami is still epic.

Episode was good. I liked how Harutora still knocked Touji out after he had regained control xD Bromance all the way.

Looking forward to learn more about the one armed man.
Nov 27, 2013 8:08 AM

Jun 2013
Ok guys , I know you've been waiting for this. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo9Mzcss-8I
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 27, 2013 9:53 AM

Dec 2012
Thread cleaned

Provocation and insults removed.
Nov 27, 2013 9:58 AM
Jul 2012
Damn Touji's ogre form looked pretty badass. Good episode overall with some character development on Touji and Harutora.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Nov 27, 2013 10:11 AM
May 2013
Touji is really cool, im glad Harutora was there. i not want my fav character be taken like that lol. still his ogre form is really cool, more like samurai.

oh by the way someone know the song that was played at the whole scene with Touji?
Nov 27, 2013 10:24 AM

Mar 2010
Nuvi said:
3 plus 1 former Divine Generals introduced till episode 8, they sure are interesting.
Those crow familiars belonged to Kagami right? Such funny familiars for a badass Divine General lol.

The Tengus (those crow-ike spirits) belong to Zenjiriou as I mentioned before.

On a side note...Zenjiro uses a katana
I have seen somewhere Harutora using a katana too. Maybe its Zenjiro's katana?

You are probably talking about Vol 1's cover:
http://lndb.info/images/lightnovel/754/2088.jpeg

Where he indeed did use a Katana during the first arc.
Iron_MawNov 27, 2013 10:27 AM
Nov 27, 2013 4:35 PM

Apr 2012
Harutora was a complete badass towards the end of this episode... Also, was I the only one that noticed Kon was looking in the trash for Touji? That's low...
Nov 27, 2013 8:27 PM

Jul 2013
Jagd84 said:
Patureau said:

hell yeah ! thanks mate....

goth loli FTW !
Nov 27, 2013 10:01 PM

Aug 2013
wow, the 12 general's were amazing, except for that ogre eater one. But touji's an ogre, maybe later on he'll become their enemy... well, I need some of baka-tora and natsume scenes!!!
Nov 28, 2013 12:09 AM

Oct 2013
Jagd84 said:
Nuvi said:

The Tengus (those crow-ike spirits) belong to Zenjiriou as I mentioned before.

Oh, okay. I didn't see your post before, now I really want to see Kagami's familiars. Kagami seems the best Divine General to me currently but that could change soon, we still have atleast 8 more to be introduced.
Nov 28, 2013 1:17 AM

Jun 2012
Personally, I like that Harutora's not particularly strong. It's nice to have a protagonist who isn't super powerful and goes around always owning his enemies. It's not often you have that in an action genre.

O-Divine-Demon said:
Also, was I the only one that noticed Kon was looking in the trash for Touji? That's low...
Lol wow you're right. I did notice, I just didn't even think about it like that. >> Though, I do the same thing when I'm looking for things.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.