Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 29, 2013 8:15 PM

Jul 2010
AniMV_SeKai said:
Hi Every one ... does Anybody know or had an close idea how match episode this anime gonna be ?
+
the Ep8 was awesome . and it was dramatic and this my favorite style .

9/10

We don't know yet.
Nov 29, 2013 11:02 PM

Jul 2009
Did not see that coming 0_0...

I was like.. Chris... what an A**h**..

Then on that final part... The feels man! ;_;
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Dec 2, 2013 8:01 AM

Sep 2011
Series got me. I really like it.
Dec 7, 2013 3:39 PM

Jun 2012
Really good episode, and Sawamura yet again speaks w/o any knowledge of somebody.

Dec 8, 2013 5:49 AM

May 2012
Riez said:
It was funny at first , intense in the middle and emotional at the end. This anime is just full of reasons to watch. Sawamura is amusing as always. First time seeing Miyuki been angry. Ofc , some brat just bad mouthed his idol , ofc even I would be angry. The training centre scene was emotional , I cried. Omg , with the ost it turned out well.

Great episode , 5/5.

animeaijin21 said:
I effin' cried at the end -_- I'm such a loser. :)))

Don't worry , I cried too. I cried on KnB , right after that I watched this and wow cried again. It's emotional , the scene is.

Yeah, Kuroko no Basuke and Diamond no Ace :"> Lately I've been into sports anime... I didn't think that I'd be a sports anime fan :)))
Feb 18, 2014 1:38 PM

Sep 2013
my god that ending was just ;___;
really great to see eijun being humble

seems like chris is a good guy after all
even if his training menus were misunderstood at first xD
Mar 7, 2014 1:33 AM

Apr 2013
sheidesu said:
Riez said:
It was funny at first , intense in the middle and emotional at the end. This anime is just full of reasons to watch. Sawamura is amusing as always. First time seeing Miyuki been angry. Ofc , some brat just bad mouthed his idol , ofc even I would be angry. The training centre scene was emotional , I cried. Omg , with the ost it turned out well.

Great episode , 5/5.

animeaijin21 said:

Don't worry , I cried too. I cried on KnB , right after that I watched this and wow cried again. It's emotional , the scene is.

Yeah, Kuroko no Basuke and Diamond no Ace :"> Lately I've been into sports anime... I didn't think that I'd be a sports anime fan :)))

+ 1
just because of these 2 anime, I've turned into a true sports anime lover :D

Can't understand all the hate towards the mc, I kinda like that he's not some OP character with no character flaws. This way you can watch him grow :)
May 1, 2014 10:33 PM

Apr 2014
Favorite episode so far!

Sometimes it bugged me that it's taking so long for the MC to kick ass on the mound but the development at the end with Chris is worth it. I loved that part, it really showed a different part of the MC.
May 15, 2014 9:09 PM

May 2014
Wow. Furuya's pitch is really cool! XD

And that Chris scene with Eijun! I'm soo touched. Good thing, Eijun's making up for what he said to Chris.
Jun 17, 2014 10:33 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Chris. :(
So glad I decided to pick this series up. It's shaping up to be really good.
Mar 30, 2015 11:39 PM

Feb 2015
Furuya kicks so much ass, what a monster.

Miyuki getting pissed was a total shock. Glad that things are going to work out with Chris.
Apr 8, 2015 8:26 AM

Jun 2014
tears ;_;
Apr 24, 2015 8:29 AM

Jun 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Fantastic episode, possibly one of my favorite all season of any show I'm following. Seeing Eijun learn proper respect for Chris and that it's based not to open your mouth without know all the facts was great (that hard bow at the end especially) and it looks like he may have just found a good mentor yet. The road to being the Ace sure as hell looks like a steep one though. Pretty much Furuya is going to have to do something to get coach to put him on relief before Eijun is really going to get his chance so for now it's work hard, hone his talents and await his chance. When the time is right it should be a very special episode.

animeaijin21 said:

I did too, Chris went from looking like a bitter old player that let opportunity slip by to pretty much the man.

ribbon-risa said:
^ real world logic doesn't exist in anime hahaha otherwise the episode would've just ended there

i'm surprised some people find eijun annoying. i think he's precious, he wears his heart on his sleeve and cries easily. and he has some kind of hidden potential that makes him the underdog which is cool too.

why did they animate chris' eyes so he looks soulless? it was only at the training center during the explanation of his injury that his eyes were "normal" but then they went back to being pupil-less( ̄へ ̄)

Some people don't like characters with personality flaws or Diamonds in the Rough that have to learn to work hard, get in the right frame of mind and suffer a little in order to polish themselves into true superstars, they'd sooner have a character like Furuya as a main who instantly has talent and the inside track to success without being shown to have to put the work in. If anything one of the more realistic things about the show is that Eijun doesn't start as the Ace, has to prove himself bit by bit little by little to coach and the rest of the team and will probably need a little bit of luck if he ever plans to make it to where Furuya is and Tanba once was. That's the harsh grind to the top that is making the first string on an elite sport team with lots of competition.

I appreciate that, but again others would likely have him be a robot like Furuya or wizened third year right from the get go, which would be lame and I'm glad the show doesn't do that. This show has what a lot of the late night TV anime lacks nowadays and that is honest to god heart and passion. Together with Yowamushi Pedal this season has been great for the sports anime genre.
As we've seen him in the past few episodes, he may have the arm and a lot of control, his other baseball skills are subpar. He's just as bad as Eijun but in different ways. Unlike Eijun he wants to learn, no matter how stoic he sounds.
Eijun is learning the hard way he doesn't really know a lot about baseball. He said it himself, he doesn't watch any games, not even pros. He should have been glued to the screen trying to catch as many games as possible to see how, as Chris put it, the second the ball leaves your hand you are now an infielder, no longer a pitcher. IMO, Chris would be a greater influence than what Miyuki could ever. I see Chris more as the Kevin Costner character in "Bull Durham" than I do Miyuki.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 23, 2016 11:58 PM

Jun 2009
Eijun is probably the worst MC of any anime I've ever watched. I actually want to kill the cunt. I wish I could just reach through my screen and throttle him.
Dec 16, 2016 8:54 PM

Sep 2015
I feel so sorry for Chris getting his arm messed up and letting Sawamura big mouth him. But It seems they relationship might have gotten better. Could understand why Miyuki was upset over what Sawamura did.
May 8, 2017 8:21 PM

Jul 2016
I was crying from the moment Eijun said that Chris should quit the team, crying with tears falling down my cheeks until the end of the episode because I couldn't believe what a horrible person Eijun was being... Of course, I was warmed up by these past episodes on what kind of things he was capable of saying, but how dare he?! And just before that, he was complaining yet again that he wanted Miyuki to be his partner for battery... Doesn't he understand that Miyuki is trusted with catching Furuya's balls, that Furuya can't have anyone else since his pitching is so powerful?

He doesn't deserve Miyuki! By the way this is going, it is to the main character's obvious disadvantage that he doesn't even seem to be the star of the show at all - more like the major sore loser that badmouths everyone and gets these baby tantrums! I'd rather have Furuya as the MC, I said it! I don't see his potential, despite the characters in the show blabbering on about his "potential". I need to feel it, and right now there's nothing for me to believe in such a thing.

You think you look like a ginormous idiot? Have you finally realized that you are one, from the very start? From the very moment you left your small countryside about-to-be-demolished school, you were an idiot... Yeah, okay, Chris doesn't know anything? He gave up? No matter how tall the obstacle is, never give up? SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

I do realize I sound unforgiving and resentful, I can't deny this...
Cazqui-09May 8, 2017 8:28 PM
Sep 19, 2017 6:37 AM

Sep 2015
Chirs is a lovely character . I'm glad he didn't actually lose to Miyuki but rather lose to his messed up arm
Jan 10, 2018 3:17 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The dark point after the mysterious Chris personality!!! He injured and now is in rehabilitation!!!
Feb 10, 2018 8:53 PM

Dec 2013
I definitely like Chris a lot more after this episode.
Nov 5, 2018 1:05 PM

Jan 2016
I have a soft spot for these kinds of backgrounds

Chris!!
Mar 5, 2019 10:42 AM

Aug 2012
Not going to lie I'm struggling with this show right now.

I really don't like any of the characters in this show. The Main Character is just so loud and obnoxious and the surrounding cast all have this aura of 'Asshole' about them. I know this show is in for the long haul at 75 eps so there is plenty of room for growth and character building but after 8 episodes I really hoped we'd see some more joy.

As for this episode I have to say I really HATE moments like that between Eijun and Miyuki. Why? Because getting super pissed with someone for saying something when you know they don't have context for why it might be offensive or whatever is just fucking stupid. Sorry but it is. It's like getting angry at a Blind Man for not knowing the Sky is Blue, it's retarded.

I LOVE and ADORE Big Windup, what I like about it is the realism. The characters are likable and real. The whole thing is taken as serious as it needs to be. But damn this show is just not as appealing, pretty much from the second I realized that the series was going to be with the team in Tokyo and not the team back home I thought I might struggle with this show and it's turned out to be the case so far.

I'm still finding it somewhat easy to watch, it is engaging but if I can't find a character or two to grab onto I might struggle soon.
Apr 28, 2019 1:24 PM
Apr 2019
sheidesu said:

Don't feel like one man, I did the same. Such a beautiful turning point for our MC.

Nov 18, 2019 6:27 PM

Sep 2018
High school students but playing baseball as if a matter of life and death! I feel sad for Chris :(
Jul 11, 2020 2:45 PM
May 2020
I am really getting tired of the trope of the MC getting a teacher that is a total jerk but everyone tells him off for complaining! Why can't he just be told at the start the dude's tragic backstory!?! Why does he have to be humiliated for being out of the loop. Still, Chris is a great guy.
Oct 26, 2021 2:55 PM

Jul 2015
I can't blame Eijun for his tactless comment on Chris as he didn't knew any better as nobody not even Chris himself bothered to explain that he was rehabilitating until Rei showed him. Still glad he apologised at the end for what he said.

Aug 28, 2022 9:07 AM

Jun 2020
i will be waiting for eijun development

♡hyena zzZzzZ♡

Jun 27, 2023 10:06 PM

Aug 2019
Christ you’re being unbelievable difficult

Why is he being so negative out of nowhere, like that’s so unlike to talk down about other players.

Obviously, he didn’t know cause nobody bother to tell him about Chris backstory. If they only told him beforehand. But I’m still surprised Eijun said something negative about a player.
Jul 23, 2023 5:37 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Respect to my guy Chris fr
Nov 28, 2023 3:15 PM

Jan 2013
A good lesson for Eijun to not just blindly assume anything.
Chris being robbed by his injury, absolutely horrible situation.

I respect Eijun for admitting his mistake though, great scene.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 74 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

34 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

59 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

55 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

101 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

128 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 17, 10:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.