Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 28, 2008 1:11 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah, Trigger had the storyline while Cross had the awesome art, music, gameplay, etc. Overall I like Trigger a little more but both are classics.
Feb 28, 2008 4:18 PM

Feb 2008
Played trigger, but not cross. They have a pretty huge fan base out there, makes me wonder why square enix hasnt jumped on another one yet. They'd make a lot of money if they do a good job on it that is.
In sterquiliniis invenitur.
Mar 28, 2008 11:15 AM

Nov 2007
SlyStrife said:
Both CT and CC are awesome rpgs. I first beat CT on an emulator although I now have both the orginal cartridge and the PSX version.

I remember when I first got CC, I was hooked, I did not stop until I did everything. Even after I beat the game three times and got all the characters I pranced on. :)

I loved the multiple ending idea, I'm not sure whether CT or CC had more endings and some of them really made me laugh.

CC had more endings by far iirc, doesn't mean all of them were good tho

CT had a better storyline but I thought the CC one was great as well. I still like CC better overall. The soundtrack alone would make me place it higher.

Regarding the previous comment on Chrono Break I think square said they dropped it from development years ago
Mar 28, 2008 12:43 PM

May 2007
Yes! Chrono Trigger! Frog is my favorite.

Apr 19, 2008 1:33 PM

Sep 2007
concept art for a sequel:
Apr 19, 2008 4:40 PM

Aug 2007
The last time i played Chrono Trigger, i remember smashing my keyboard because Lavos kepting killing me in one hit. I had the best armor, the weapon and the best equipment, all side quests completed and i get KO'ed. Ugh.
Apr 19, 2008 8:37 PM

Jul 2007
blockhead said:
concept art for a sequel:

lol

thats funny.

anyways, i had fun with the new game+ in chrono cross since you keep your levels, and all your magics and you can fast forward or slow motion while playing.
Apr 20, 2008 6:50 AM

Apr 2008
i love chrono cross probably one of my most favorite RPGs...haha! gotta love the soundtrack...i haven't played chrono trigger though...sadly...T_T
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter!
May 2, 2008 9:33 PM

Apr 2008
I never really played Chrono Cross but even to this day I have somewhat of an obsession with Chrono Trigger. Everything about the game was great: Characters, Gameplay, Story... everything... I even learned how to play songs like the battle theme and battle with Magus on the piano because I loved the music so much. And Magus is still my favorite boss battle to date (the mandatory one).
Dec 17, 2009 12:45 AM
Sep 2007
Both of them are pinnacle of RPGs.

It's highly unlikely we'll see something as good as them.
Dec 17, 2009 6:25 AM

Oct 2009
Haven't played Cross, but Trigger is a timeless classic. Other companies need to realize that that is how you make an RPG.
Mar 8, 2010 12:55 PM
Mar 2010
Played and finished both of them and I loved them both. Storyline is amazing, and I love the way the games are so closely tied. I hope this series gets a sequel in the near future.
Mar 8, 2010 12:58 PM

Mar 2010
I want to get the DS just to play Trigger.
Good times.
Mar 8, 2010 1:25 PM

Mar 2010
Never played Chrono Cross Before but Chrono Trigger is probably waaay better ... it's an addicting game...
"I love humans! I love them! I love them all sooo much!"
Mar 10, 2010 1:08 PM
Mar 2010
Lawliet41196 said:
Never played Chrono Cross Before but Chrono Trigger is probably waaay better ... it's an addicting game...

That's what I thought for the first time, but after playing trough Chrono Cross, I can say they're both excellent games, and together, make one hell of a story.
Mar 10, 2010 1:18 PM

May 2008
Chrono Cross has a lot of good aspects, but overall boring imo.:/

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 10, 2010 1:39 PM

Sep 2008
Yes yes we know Crono Trigger was amazing, but the game came out over 15 years ago, get over it Squarenix has sentenced it to death.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Mar 10, 2010 2:03 PM

May 2008
Come again?

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Apr 11, 2010 2:20 AM

Apr 2009
I haven't played Trigger, but I did play Cross. And I must say, I loved it. Especially the music. (Half of it ended up on my mp4 player xP) There were too many characters to get to know and love them all, but I remember especially liking Nikki (no idea why.) His Marble Island performance is one of my favourite parts of the game xD
To me, it's a very memorable game.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 11, 2010 6:45 AM

Dec 2006
I've been trying for ages to get Cross working on an emulator(epsxe) but with no success.
Like many have said before CT is an awesome game.

Apr 11, 2010 8:08 AM

Jun 2008
It's such a shame that Chrono Trigger's development team is so scattered. That, and the fact that the DS version's sales were pretty disappointing. Guess it seems like a sequel will never be made to the series.
Apr 18, 2010 9:07 AM
Sep 2009
Chrono cross is awesome
there music is probably the best
but the best square enix music is the other promise-kingdom hearts
never played chrono trigger before
but the story in Chrono Cross was very well developed
the graphics are way better than some ps2 games
and chrono cross is a ps1 game
planning to play chrono trigger
Apr 18, 2010 9:09 AM
Sep 2009
Cenedess said:
I haven't played Trigger, but I did play Cross. And I must say, I loved it. Especially the music. (Half of it ended up on my mp4 player xP) There were too many characters to get to know and love them all, but I remember especially liking Nikki (no idea why.) His Marble Island performance is one of my favourite parts of the game xD

Nikki's a man whore
Apr 18, 2010 10:23 AM

Aug 2008
Chrono Trigger is made of win. I've got a game file that I have been reusing for years and years since I was a kid and even using the wallet a lot, Crono has well over two million experience points total.

Great music. Great game. I would say it's the most well made game I have ever played with strong characters. strong plot line, strong dialogue, music, visuals, sound, innovation and creativity, and so on. Most sentimental game for me and I guess I could say it's my favorite.
Apr 18, 2010 1:44 PM

Apr 2009
RawrXxAnime said:
Cenedess said:

Nikki's a man whore

D: And you're a... a mean person who says...mean things D:
(lol, he does look like a transvestite though)
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 18, 2010 2:43 PM

Apr 2009
I haven't played Chrono Cross, but Chrono Trigger is my all time favorite video game.
Jan 2, 2020 9:15 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Both are literally timeless classics. I'm one of those (probably) few fans who actually love both Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross equally, even if I recognize Cross's flaws and understand why some people could hate it haha
Jan 3, 2020 6:10 AM

Feb 2015
Used to watch them both being played in the Playstation cafe here as a kid. I was more at awe with Chrono Cross because of the atmosphere and the music of that game which I think got one of the best soundtracks out there.

My favorite in the OST is the Another World theme...

Jan 3, 2020 11:32 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Konradikon said:
My favorite in the OST is the Another World theme...

Can't disagree with that, I love that song... Yasunori Mitsuda is such a great composer ♥
Jan 3, 2020 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
Chrono Trigger is a mastercraft. The only good thing about Chrono Cross is Gleen, which has a holy almighty sword (Einlanzer) that I'd love to put my hands on. Just kidding. Soundtrack, graphics and a thought-provoking tale about time, memories and chivarious knights being dutiful and praiseworthy. 13/10.
Feb 25, 2021 6:58 PM
Dec 2017
Chrono Trigger is the very definition of perfection its as good as it will get and nothing can top it.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

58 by Jentheworld »»
26 minutes ago

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

5 by H1ruma »»
4 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 5:15 PM

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.