Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 3, 2007 11:55 AM

Aug 2007
Bah! I did a Chrono cross and there wasn't one for these, either, so I made one! I love Chrono Trigger!

After Tifa, Schala, from Chrono Trigger, is my next favorite character. She is so wonderful and amazing, I love her!

Chrono Cross is not among my favorites, but it is a very fun game, nonetheless and should be here since they are connected!
Usotsuki. 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 3, 2007 12:33 PM

Jul 2007
Aren't you on automatic mode, Tifa?

Well, Chrono Trigger kick ass, no question.
Chrono Cross was fun but story wise... eh.
Nov 3, 2007 12:37 PM

Nov 2007
Yes, Chrono Trigger is great, but I've never even played Chrono Cross. It's one of the only PS1 Squaresoft games I haven't played. I guess there were so many other good game occupying my time when it came out.

Chrono Trigger though. Awesome game.
Nov 3, 2007 12:47 PM

Sep 2007
I own both and I prefer Chrono Trigger over Cross as well.
Got it for free too. :3

Anyways, yeah this is one of those games I'm waiting for a remake on the DS or PSP so every RPG fan can experience it.
Nov 3, 2007 12:56 PM

Aug 2007
Yes, automatic SUPERGEEK MODE. I am usually in that mode on one site or another, haha.

I liked how they said that Chrono Cross had nothing to do with Chrono Trigger, but they totally lied! Chrono Trigger is so great! Crono is an awesome character, even though he never says a word.

Chrono Cross had too many characters, if that's possible. It's never keen if you can't get all the characters the first time playing a game - that's my only thing! I want everyone when I play, but you have to play that one at least a second time to get them all - which I did!

Chrono Trigger on the DS would be totally awesome. I would weep. I own it, but I have the ROM, too, to play on my computer! I have it for SNES, PS1 and PC. Me <3 Chrono!
Usotsuki. 
Nov 3, 2007 1:20 PM

Sep 2007
I liked both about the same amount. I actually liked that Cross had a huge group of characters. It made it more fun. Plus, Cross's music was just as great, if not greater than Trigger's. ^^
Nov 3, 2007 1:22 PM

Aug 2007
Yeah, that's what I thought upon first playing Chrono Cross, I also LOVE more characters, but like I said, I like being able to get them all on the first time around and I kind of hate when a ton of the characters are just retarded things you would never use.

But some of them were awesome! Glenn and Orla were hot! Haha.

And yes, Chrono Cross did have awesome music, I have the soundtrack still! =o
Usotsuki. 
Nov 3, 2007 1:27 PM

Sep 2007
First time I played Cross, obviously I didn't know any better so I just accepted Kid's invite the first time. But then I was almost devastated when I realized I wouldn't get Leena so after I finished the game the first time, I immediately went back, got to that part, and kept denying Kid. And then when I got Leena, I was like "YAY!" haha
Nov 3, 2007 1:41 PM

Aug 2007
Yeah, I liked Leena, too! She was really pretty and cute and her weapon was cute.

I won't say the spoiler here, but I was soooooooooooooooo happy when you find out the truth about Kid and who she really is! I was like, OMFG, it's insane!!!!! Especially since I love that character in the first one but she has like no part. =/ But she's my favorite from it!
Usotsuki. 
Nov 3, 2007 1:56 PM

Aug 2006
Chrono Trigger is my favorite game. Chrono Cross has one of the greatest video game soundtracks ever.
Nov 3, 2007 1:56 PM

Sep 2007
Gah, all this talk just makes me want to play it again!
Nov 3, 2007 2:06 PM

Aug 2007
You should then! Replaying games is fun!
Usotsuki. 
Nov 4, 2007 5:23 AM
May 2007
Amazing games, my favorites :D
Chrono Cross is my permanent #1 favorite, i love that game. The musics are cool, the art is great... and i simply love the way the battles are.

I want to play it again too... too bad i don't have time ;/
a
Nov 4, 2007 9:42 AM

Aug 2007
Yeah, not having time to play them is always sad. =(
Usotsuki. 
Nov 4, 2007 12:23 PM

Apr 2007
Love Chrono Trigger, probably my favorite RPG. Haven't played Chrono Cross though, sadly. My brother has it so I could probably borrow it at some point.
Nov 4, 2007 11:58 PM

Oct 2007
I remember playing Chrono Trigger on SNES. First time I was fighting the dragon engine, I didn't read the paper and kept wondering why cyclone, slash, and that fire thing weren't working. I wanted to play it again, but I had a thing for my SNES that let me copy cartridges into floppy discs. Now that thing messed up and I can't save data. It's probably been over ten years since I had that so I'm not surprised.
Never played Chrono Cross.
Nov 7, 2007 11:29 AM

Aug 2007
I loooved chrono trigger, on of my favorite games.
I've gotten to the part where
And so far I definitely like Chrono Trigger better. Not that Cross is bad, trigger is just awesome. It's a shame you only travel between two dimensions and not through time in Cross, because that was a great feature that they shouldn't have changed.
SkarithNov 7, 2007 11:36 AM

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).
Nov 8, 2007 8:55 AM

Oct 2006
I always have to hang my head when the topic of Chrono Trigger comes up. It comes highly recommended from the friend who introduced me to my favorite game of all time (Xenogears) and by everyone else I've ever spoken to about it. And honestly, I'd even consider it worth playing just to experience the Yasunori Mitsuda soundtrack. But while I've started the game a few times I've never made it very far - I always seem to get distracted by something else, and by the time I get back to it it's easier just to start over.

One of these days...
Nov 8, 2007 1:25 PM

Aug 2006
Krelian said:
I always have to hang my head when the topic of Chrono Trigger comes up. It comes highly recommended from the friend who introduced me to my favorite game of all time (Xenogears) and by everyone else I've ever spoken to about it. And honestly, I'd even consider it worth playing just to experience the Yasunori Mitsuda soundtrack. But while I've started the game a few times I've never made it very far - I always seem to get distracted by something else, and by the time I get back to it it's easier just to start over.

One of these days...

lmao don't sweat it man. That happens to me all the time. FF6 for instance....Gotten through half of that game at least three times....

One of these days....
Nov 8, 2007 7:34 PM
Nov 2007
Chrono Trigger is basically the epitome of the gaming world for me, as well as for many others. this game was so creative, so fresh. the plot and character development were both so beautifully done. the unique battle system was also a great plus. all the side quests kept you coming back for more. and who could resist the Game+ ? i mean. beating up lvl 4 monsters when youre at level 99. cant get much better than that. &the multi endings? ohmy. i swear ive replayed this games an extremely high number of times. lol its kind of a tradition. during winter break beat it with game +. during summer, start over and beat it again. the soundtrack will definitely always have the biggest place in my heart. so many good memories xD *is pathetic*

& didnt even touch chrono cross. i could sense itd be a mockery of Chrono Trigger. and i havent been proven wrong yet..

*goes back into the corner*
Nov 13, 2007 7:13 PM

Nov 2007
crowslayer91 said:
& didnt even touch chrono cross. i could sense itd be a mockery of Chrono Trigger. and i havent been proven wrong yet..

Just...go bang your head against the wall. (XD jk)
Really, though, Chrono Cross is great in its own right. As everyone else says, the score is a masterpiece ("Time's Scar," its opening credits song, is just amazing), though I still have to give the nod to Chrono Trigger over Chrono Cross in terms of music. Cross' story is more complex (and with more mind-boggling twists) than Trigger's (but I have to admit, I was wthecking at the plot for 90% of the game). And though the huge cast does have some useless characters, you get some pretty awesome ones as well (e.g. Serge, Kid, Glenn, Orlha, Norris, Guile, etc.) Best yet, I love how the producers leave the door open for another sequel.
I think Chrono Cross would have been my all-time favorite if they pulled off
If Chrono Cross were able to pull that off, imagine how much more awesome the story would have been!
Now go play! XD
Nov 13, 2007 7:18 PM

Oct 2007
i have to admit i havent fully played/ beaten either one of the games... my friend and i played together and switched controllers during different parts... so ive watched half and played half...

though ive forgotten most of it so i need to replay them at some point.

chrono trigger is really good... i mean i love the characters and the plot.. but i think i like chrono cross better. though honestly, the idea that i need to play with a guide to tell me how to get characters is annoying. but i love most of the characters, and the storyline was so good, and the music is to DIE for.

yeah, they're both GREAT games. if only i remembered more about them. havent played them in years....
Nov 14, 2007 12:18 PM

Nov 2007
i just recentLY finished chrono triggerawsome game maybey better than final fantasy(not 7)
Nov 14, 2007 12:30 PM

Sep 2007
Chrono Trigger is one of the most entertaining RPG's ever created. Frog = ultimate win.

Chrono Cross... was pretty bland in all aspects except artwork and soundtrack (<3 Mitsuda-sama). I hated the battle system (leveling only after a boss battle, what?). The storyline was nonsense, for the most part (though I've heard that there are some side stories that make things clearer). The characters were lifeless and unoriginal, barring a few of the main characters. That aspect was perhaps the most disappointing to me, because I came into the game expecting the awesome cast of trigger...

So yeah. Trigger is one of Square's best (along with FFVI and Seiken Densetsu 3, maybe). Cross is one of Square's most disappointing, especially when compared with other games of it's era, like Xenogears and FFIX.
Nov 16, 2007 4:50 AM

Nov 2007
Chrono Trigger pretty much set up the standard for a great RPG: Character Devolpment, Gameplay, Graphics (at the time), and one of the most open-ended games and certainly in an RPG. I liked the remake for the PS1 because im a sucker for Akira Toriyama's artwork.

Chrono Cross was the first RPG i bought for playstation 1 back when i didnt know what an RPG was and i never heard of Final Fantasy, i remember that because there was a guy trying to sell LUNAR 2 along with it and i just wanted Chrono Cross. That game blew my mind!! such a great story and more action than a Micheal Bay movie. I didnt beat it when i first got it because as a kid of...12/13 i had a short attention span and all my friends were playing Final Fantasy IX. I played that too and ended up beating it before Chrono Cross, i played it like a year later and i missed out alot in that year. now chrono cross is probably my favorite game. i still go back and play it with my decked out Surge/Glenn combo.
Nov 16, 2007 10:39 AM

Jul 2007
Here is my personal opinion bout both the games.

Chrono trigger had a very excellent story line that kept me hooked. The side quests where really a nice aspect of the game as well. I really don't like an RPG that you complete from start to end and call it done like Legends of dragoon. I pefer you have to do more work in a rpg and chrono trigger definitively shines bright for that. I like the character interactions as well. The Huge story line arc was great for the game.

Chrono crosss i love because of the battle system mechanics and being able to unlock that many characters is amazing for any ps1 game. There are not that many games where you can have tons of characters to play from. I also like the new game plus feature with the added fast forward mode :D. That was interesting and i played the game so many hrs. I must of beaten chrono cross around 6 times. Story wise is not as good as chrono trigger but its not that bad either. Its kind of slow at first but gets alot better towards the second half of the game

Nov 28, 2007 8:23 PM

Aug 2007
Both awesome views of the games. =D
Usotsuki. 
Nov 29, 2007 10:10 PM

Nov 2007
Chrono Trigger I loved mainly for the concept and the storyline.

Chrono cross I loved for pretty much everything else. I guess CC is one of those games that collapsed under the weight of such an overshadowing predecessor. I really liked the fact that they didn't just regurgitate or extend on the original CT storyline and all the novelties incorporated into CC. As with all things new, not all the changes were received enthusiastically. However, for the most part, I think Chrono Cross met and exceeded all my expectations. The artwork and the soundtrack especially. The first 90 seconds of the game just blew me away; I have never witnessed an intro that left such a lasting impression, and it is one of the only intros where I would start the game just for the sake of watching it. The CC score is imo Mitsuda at his finest (along with Sailing to the World). As it stands, it is still my favorite game of all time, which leaves me at an awkward position since virtually all the fans of the series pick CT as the better of the two, while those who liked CC better generally have some other games they prefer.
Nov 30, 2007 5:54 AM

Oct 2007
Chrono Trigger - One of the greatest RPG's of all time considering the scope and execution. The story had an amazing range of emotion and it was just a fantastic game to play. Comparitively some of squares greatest RPG's (FFV/VI/Mario RPG) were released at the same time as this and it is easily debatable as to which is the best.

Chrono Cross - This game, if you remove the sequel aspect of it, is a very solid PS1 era RPG. It however gets lost when we look at what was released as well on the system. FF7/8/9 are all arguably better games than this. At least most of us can agree to one of these games being our favorites. The story was fantastic in concept but got lost with the numerous characters and different plot options. If they had kept the game to a party of 10 or less I believe they could have tightened the story and rivaled Chrono Trigger. The art was also not quite there.
Dec 1, 2007 1:18 PM

Aug 2007
Yeah, I love CC, but CT is way more my kind of RPG, with an awesome awesome awesome characters and an amazing storyline that I totally adore, even to this day, it's just superb. <3
Usotsuki. 
Dec 1, 2007 2:21 PM

Nov 2007
I think it's all a matter of personal taste in choosing whose story was better: CT or CC? CT's plot was simple and fairly linear but amazing nonetheless. CC's story, though it had it's boring points (e.g. collecting the dragon relics) and loose ends (i.e. the fates of the characters), was complex and had shocking (imo) plot twists.
I personally prefer CT, as I related to the characters better and thus was immersed more in the story. When I got the
and
endings, I cried. (I couldn't accept that it was over.)

Anyway, thought I'd bring up another topic for discussion: What are your speculations on Chrono Break, the supposed 3rd installment of the Chrono series? Do you think CT or CC characters will return as playable characters? Yes, I know that Chrono Break isn't even in development yet, but, we can hope, right? :D
AtaraxiaMDec 2, 2007 9:11 AM
Dec 1, 2007 2:26 PM

Sep 2007
Wow, I'd forgotten about Chrono Break. Right after I finished Cross a couple years ago, I searched up to see if there would be anything after that and I found Break. But I've totally forgotten about it before now. Eh, I don't know. Maybe a couple key characters might return but I'm kind of hoping for a new group of characters ^^
Dec 1, 2007 2:26 PM

Aug 2007
I think they will definitely be in it because they originally said that CC had nothing to do with CT, but that ended up being a total lie, they just love doing that to drive us insane. =(
Usotsuki. 
Dec 1, 2007 2:27 PM

Nov 2007
lool considering the (relatively) low sales amount of CC, I doubt Chrono Break will ever be put into action. It was registered like 6 years ago too... If it does come out, I hope they do it like CC, with mostly new characters and plot line, yet intertwined into existing stories (like how Serge, Kid, and Guild broke into the Viper Manor, even though it's different from the original Radical Dreamers). Locations like Chronopolis and the Paint World (w/e it's called) are brilliant as well.

I do agree on the storyline preference as well; many who prefer CT felt that the story dragged and became convoluted in the end, whereas I thought it was great and made a lot of things click. Yes, there are questions left unanswered, but that's what happens with most complex plot lines.

Totally did not answer the question, so yea, I don't think they will become playable (the majority of them anyways, maybe 1 or 2).
Dec 1, 2007 2:37 PM

Aug 2007
It'd be awesome if Schala was the special key character again, I would be so extra happy, but I guess she can't have them ALL. >.>;

And yeah, probably won't ever come out, but we can hope!

CT and CC for the DS and PSP would be nifty, too. =D
Usotsuki. 
Dec 1, 2007 2:54 PM

Nov 2007
Tifa said:
CT and CC for the DS and PSP would be nifty, too. =D

My little brother has CT on DS....I think. o_O Dunno, might be mixing up SP with DS. (bah I don't keep up with the times) I lied he doesn't >.> my bad

I'd like to see Schala as a playable character, as well. It would also be cool if like, all the CT characters and the key CC characters make "guest appearances" as playable characters in Chrono Break. For example, Frog temporarily joins your party while your in 600AD. And New Game Plus would let those characters permanently join your party. Just a thought xP
AtaraxiaMDec 2, 2007 10:13 AM
Dec 6, 2007 12:52 PM

Nov 2007
I love them both,also I heard the sequel will be called Chrono Break,no actual conformation on that,but make me hope for the futureXD...;)
Dec 6, 2007 3:07 PM

Nov 2007
Never played Chrono Trigger. I DID play a bit of Chrono Cross and even own it, but I didn't really care for it. The whole switching bodies thing was cool, but not interesting enough to make me want to continue playing it.
Jan 2, 2008 8:04 PM

Nov 2007
here goes! chrono trigger is by far one of the best snes rpgs ever. i really liked cross. i have no complaints. Glenn is friggin cool and so was frog (similarities between them make me wonder...). i have to say that i too like them the same and always hated how the internet community got my hopes up for a third installment. man this makes me want to play both again!

ps
Jan 3, 2008 9:52 AM

Nov 2007
i played crono trgger 5 times it was that good
Feb 15, 2008 1:58 PM

Nov 2007
I'd like to see Frog and Schala from Chrono Trigger, and almost all characters from Chrono Cross, I just love them all.
But most of all I want to see Miki, Karsh and Harle.

Flip-Flop
Pop Pop Pop
Slurp Slurp
Bam Bam Bam

Chrono Brake is supposedly and 4th game in the Chrono series. As of right now, absolutly nothing is confirmed about the game. Square has yet to even officialy announce it. Rumors for it started when, on December 5, 2001, Square registered the tradmarks for the names "Chrono Break" in the US and "Chrono Brake" in Japan. As of January 10, 2004 the game publisher let go of it's US trademark for the name "Chrono Break". It would now seem very unlikely that they are still planning on making the game. Interestingly though, they're still holding on to their Japanese trademark for the name "Chrono Brake".
Feb 16, 2008 7:27 AM

Aug 2007
lol reading "supposed to be the 4th of the Chrono series" reminded me of Radical Dreamers, dammit, I still have to play that one!

Anyway Chrono Cross is way better than Trigger, the only downside of Cross is that the combat system is a little ankward at the beginning and most of the characters have no background or personality at all (main ones are well developed though)
Also, the Akira Toryiama design for Trigger had always been a HUGE downside for me since I hate all Toryiama designs so that may well be the reason why I liked more Cross :P
Needs to fix this sometime but I'm lazy - since 11/05/2009
Feb 16, 2008 10:31 AM

Feb 2005
Meh. I still haven't finished Cross. Came to where I had to beat those elemental dragon guys, and still have one or two of them left. The save is still intact though, and I even brought with me the PS emulator, so I will have to finish it at some point.
Trigger and Cross should be remade for DS or PSP. NOW!!!
Feb 20, 2008 7:41 PM

Jan 2008
Chrono trigger is my favorite super nes game and 1 of my favorite rpgs ever chrono cross is very good to.

Feb 21, 2008 6:53 AM

Dec 2007
Both CT and CC are awesome rpgs. I first beat CT on an emulator although I now have both the orginal cartridge and the PSX version.

I remember when I first got CC, I was hooked, I did not stop until I did everything. Even after I beat the game three times and got all the characters I pranced on. :)

I loved the multiple ending idea, I'm not sure whether CT or CC had more endings and some of them really made me laugh.
Feb 21, 2008 8:37 PM

Jan 2008
Chrono Trigger was great. The 3 character I used often were Chrono, Frog, and Robo.

I didn't like Chrono Cross all that much. The atmosphere made me feel lost. . .
Feb 24, 2008 10:03 AM

Jan 2008
Trigger and Cross are one of the few games i ever bothered to replay. Guess i had more time then. I couldn't play radical dreamer since it was text based. Another Chrono game... I'd prefer it if Square didn't try to milk something dry *cough* *Final Fantasy 7* *cough*
Feb 26, 2008 5:13 AM
Feb 26, 2008 11:06 AM

Sep 2007
Roketsu said:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=241ktww&s=3

uso da.

As much as I'd like it to be true...
Feb 28, 2008 12:34 AM

Dec 2007
Chrono Trigger was amazing, so was Chrono Cross, but only because of the music and gameplay for me, the story was kinda dull.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

5 by H1ruma »»
3 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
11 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 5:15 PM

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.