Forum Settings
Forums

Dating and Relationships - Do You Even Give a Shit?

New
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 9, 2013 7:15 PM
Aug 2013
Red_Keys said:
ITT: People trying to justify their loneliness.

Perhaps some of these people are but there is some truth in them.
The fact that young people in Japan avoid relationships/marriage shows how young generations think.
Nov 9, 2013 7:16 PM

Mar 2012
Red_Keys said:
I was waiting for someone to say this, haha.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 9, 2013 7:19 PM

Feb 2010
daintybiscuit said:
i want to say this, and i don't want a single person to think i mean this is a superficial way (b/c we are on a message board, be it MAL, or whatever) but I sense a lot of real emotion behind what you guys are saying and its very cool when we can actually achieve that sort of thing as a community.

I got a bit of (highly appreciated) feedback that i sound a bit nuts. :) well... i suppose i deserve it. i often put my life online, well lately, just here, w/o worrying too much about privacy b/c its just who i am.

I apologize if anything i say has upset anyone. yes, i call myself a mess but i'm a good mess. I'm just a bit of a spaz about life and thinking about dating really made me reflect on who you need to be to be in a relationship - or whether you should care when in reality, you don't. i had no idea i'd get some answers out of you guys that feel both raw and true.

i know. immadork.

Jag - call me! JUST KIDDING! ^^

I think it really makes a difference what feeling the Opening post gives off. Usually threads like this in CD either feel trollish or purely for the purpose of venting with no real interest for what other people think from the OP, but this felt genuine and honest so that's what you get in response :)
AlcoholicideNov 10, 2013 1:14 PM
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 9, 2013 7:21 PM

Dec 2012
Red_Keys said:

I'm sorry ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Nov 9, 2013 7:28 PM

Nov 2013
I'm 18 and never dated. A couple of guys have confessed but it seems like none of them would like to commit haha. My friends say I look intimidating. And besides, my parents does not allow me yet. Don't call me a baby or something, I live with a very strict Asian family so...before i date they want to meet the guy first. er. But anyway, I don't really care about romantic relationships. I don't know. Maybe I'll just find my future husband when I finally get a job haha.
今日の朝食はどうだった?
超ショック!!
Nov 9, 2013 7:37 PM
Aug 2013
Zeppen said:
I'm 18 and never dated. A couple of guys have confessed but it seems like none of them would like to commit haha. My friends say I look intimidating. And besides, my parents does not allow me yet. Don't call me a baby or something, I live with a very strict Asian family so...before i date they want to meet the guy first. er. But anyway, I don't really care about romantic relationships. I don't know. Maybe I'll just find my future husband when I finally get a job haha.

Nah, you don't look intimidating at all based on the picture of when you were a kid. If fact, you were pretty kawaii~~~

Why did you take the picture down!? :(
Nov 9, 2013 7:39 PM

Feb 2013
I've never dated anyone before, but dating seems like a pain. I just wish I could already be married to my perfect guy and not have to worry about that dating crap.
Nov 9, 2013 7:40 PM

Mar 2012
WalkingMisery said:
I've never dated anyone before, but dating seems like a pain. I just wish I could already be married to my perfect guy and not have to worry about that dating crap.
sup
LoneWolf said:
Nov 9, 2013 7:42 PM

Feb 2013
I gave up on the whole idea of relationships and dating about 5 years ago. Sometimes I think about, that it would be nice to be in a nice relationship with someone, but then I realize that it's impossible.

I'm a loner in general, I was never in a serious relationship, neither I have dated someone, I don't even go out with acquaintances (I don't believe friendship exists either), etc.

So in short: no, I don't give a shit.
Nov 9, 2013 7:49 PM

Feb 2013
Mahou_Kony said:
WalkingMisery said:
sup
Never toy with a desperate girl.
Nov 9, 2013 7:57 PM

Aug 2012
Well for the most part, finances are keeping me from pursuing any relationships at the moment. I'm not willing to pay for a relationship that may or may not prove fruitful, let alone the anxiety costs associated with possible rejection.

I don't mind being misunderstood. I always try to understand my partner first before sharing myself. The people I've met were all extroverts, so they don't seem to mind taking the initiative anyway. From there I'll try to get them to understand me after I'm comfortable in the relationship. Wow, that sounded weird but whatever.

I don't really feel like I'm missing out. After all, I'm currently satisfied with both my physical and emotional (but not financial) needs. As soon as I get a little bit more freedom, I'll step back into the world of dating.
Nov 9, 2013 8:09 PM

Mar 2012
WalkingMisery said:
I just couldn't resist that Mellow avy.
LoneWolf said:
Nov 9, 2013 8:13 PM

May 2011
I really think they are a waste of time. I prefer using my money for myself than others that may forget you at any moment also the time for doing stuff that I may not like. I prefer being a loner.
Nov 9, 2013 8:16 PM

Feb 2013
Mahou_Kony said:
WalkingMisery said:
I don't know... Yours is much better.
Nov 9, 2013 8:20 PM

Jun 2013
I am Asexual and Aromantic so I am not instinctively inclined to give a shit. But if it's romance in a story then I can appreciate it and romance in a story will many times lead to sex which can lead to a family. I just choose to not be romantic or sexually oriented.
The devils baking a damn barbeque out here. Imma shit on the baked chicken.

Mar 2012
WalkingMisery said:
Mahou_Kony said:
WalkingMisery said:
I don't know... Yours is much better.
Well, you know what they say. Two Mellows are better than one.
LoneWolf said:

Sep 2012
WalkingMisery said:
Mahou_Kony said:
WalkingMisery said:
sup
Honey, with the way you're dressed, you're asking for it.
Nov 9, 2013 8:23 PM

Mar 2012
Red_Keys said:
yeahhhhhhhhhhhh
LoneWolf said:
Nov 9, 2013 8:25 PM

Sep 2012
Mahou_Kony said:
Red_Keys said:
yeahhhhhhhhhhhh
She looks like a whore dressing up as a whore for Halloween.
Nov 9, 2013 8:27 PM

Mar 2012
Red_Keys said:
Mahou_Kony said:
Red_Keys said:
yeahhhhhhhhhhhh
#holdmeback
LoneWolf said:
Nov 9, 2013 8:29 PM

Feb 2013
Red_Keys said:
Mahou_Kony said:
Red_Keys said:
yeahhhhhhhhhhhh
I shouldn't be judged based on how I dress. I'm a free spirit.
Nov 9, 2013 8:33 PM

Dec 2012
Getting a bit catty all up in here
Nov 9, 2013 8:37 PM

Sep 2012
WalkingMisery said:
Red_Keys said:
Mahou_Kony said:
Red_Keys said:
yeahhhhhhhhhhhh
Free... although you look cheap, I'd imagine you're a bit more expensive than that..
Nov 9, 2013 8:43 PM

Feb 2013
Red_Keys said:
WalkingMisery said:
Red_Keys said:
Mahou_Kony said:
Red_Keys said:
yeahhhhhhhhhhhh
Free... although you look cheap, I'd imagine you're a bit more expensive than that..
It really depends on how you'd define cheap.
Nov 9, 2013 9:40 PM

Apr 2010
Standard dating is literally the worst thing ever. I hate the system for it, along with the social pressures and whatnot that accompany it. That said, I adore relationships, well good ones atleast. I tend to fall for someone every time I say I am done with the whole dating thing.
Nov 9, 2013 9:43 PM
Jul 2013
Relationships are fun.
Nov 9, 2013 9:45 PM

Jun 2013
I promised not to date little boys anymore, so I try not to care about relationships anymore.
Xinil said:
Thanks for joining MAL.

Nov 9, 2013 10:02 PM

Nov 2013
Maria_Sama said:
I promised not to date little boys anymore, so I try not to care about relationships anymore.
I feel your pain, bro.
Nov 9, 2013 10:05 PM

Sep 2012
I'm dating a guy now, but after after we kissed a few days ago and just weirdly felt nothing at all. Kind of disgusted even. I mean we've held hands, hugged, and all that other crap. We were good friends for a long time before and I think I might still be in that friend zone with him, thinking of him no more of a friend.

But I've also been thinking that I might be asexual and aromatic because I extremely dislike physical contact. .___.
Nov 9, 2013 10:09 PM

Sep 2011
daintybiscuit said:
Cottonrabbit said:
It is actually better to be single while you work out who you are and get yourself together. You can not possibly find the right relationship while you are a mess or simply not ready to be with someone else. I used to really enjoy being single; there is a lot of freedom and fun to be had when you don't need to answer to anybody. Having said that, I love being in a relationship with my husband much more than being single. Note that I was very specific about my husband though. Previous relationships were usually guilt riddled and horrible short few weeks where I trampled all over some poor guy and also resented him for making me feel guilty that I wasn't nice or happy with him. I guess the main thing that bonds me to my husband is I am the most happy when I am with him. He makes me laugh and is a lot of fun. Plus I also deeply respect him. He indulges me terribly but he doesn't let me win. We met in our late teens so it has been a long time. Our relationship wouldn't work for everyone but it works for us.

JizzyHitler said:
JD2411 said:
JizzyHitler said:
I'm in a relationship with a girl I was too chicken shit to confess to for roughly 3 years.

That's actually pretty beautiful.
Well let me rephrase that to make it more angsty and mellodramatic

She was actually dating a friend of mine when i started to like her, so i held off on ever telling her, then they break up on good terms and THEN i was too chickenshit to confess....so she got itno another relationship with someone that didnt last more than i think a year or a year and half, then finally I....didnt confess again cause i didnt want to fuck up a good friendship, But i ended up accidentally saying i liked her to her without thinking and she gave me a shot
(I shit you not i was hanging out with friends, and one of them was playing league with her on skype when we got into talking about something related to girls and i said I liked her and she heard me over skype, best fuck up ever)

Romance in real life is really anticlimactic and far from beautiful,

How is that not a really sweet beginning? I had an awww moment.

well, i hate to fess up but my long ass relationship culminated in marriage. since i'm a fucking nut he divorced me. i don't blame that poor man one bit!

but! i have to disagree that romance irl is anticlimatic and far from beautiful. The other two serious relationships i had were true ass fucking flying sky high amazing beautiful insane. they just didn't work out for various reasons. nothing dramatic really. but at least i've had these experiences. Some people never get to have that. I'm happy I did, even if thats past.

omg sorry fucking jackie journal tyvm for reading now wash your eyes out
I meant the confessions were anticlimatic and far from beautiful, I'm sure if you forcefully stage one its possible to but they almost always boil down to
"Hey wanna go out"
"ok"

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 9, 2013 10:21 PM

Jan 2013
BiiteYouToDeath said:
I'm dating a guy now, but after after we kissed a few days ago and just weirdly felt nothing at all. Kind of disgusted even. I mean we've held hands, hugged, and all that other crap. We were good friends for a long time before and I think I might still be in that friend zone with him, thinking of him no more of a friend.

But I've also been thinking that I might be asexual and aromatic because I extremely dislike physical contact. .___.

Maybe you can bite him to death
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Nov 9, 2013 11:27 PM

Feb 2008
TheDarkLordOtaku said:
Maria_Sama said:
I feel your pain, bro.

I also hear that. There are too many boys out there and not enough men.
Anime figure reviews:
Nov 10, 2013 1:44 AM

Oct 2012
Relationships in highschool = no fucks given

Maybe I might start dating during college. Maybe.
Nov 10, 2013 3:26 AM

Nov 2013
I haven't for years but time is catching up on me.
It'd be nice to have someone else, but then again the freedom I have had would vanish.
Nov 10, 2013 3:54 AM

Aug 2009
Well, of the girls I have dated, I'm not going to say they were psychotic, but they were rather interesting girls.

I am also the most indifferent person when it comes to relationships, I hate talking about mundane shit that nobody cares about and I've been told that I don't "care" enough or listen enough. Which is something a lot of girls is looking for I guess? I don't do that kind of stuff, I don't care if she got a haircut or a new dog or whatever.

zoknimano said:
What keeps me from dating is that I don't want to date the kind of guys who are actually attracted to someone like me.

I'm horrible girlfriend material. I have intimacy issues. I can't be reached for days, then I just show up randomly to crash, play some video games, eat all the food, drink all the beer and leave. Every time I was in a relationship, I kept wondering, why the fuck are you tolerating me?

And I look like I'm 15-16. I don't like grown-ass man hitting on little girls.

This sounds EXACTLY like a girl I dated in like middle/high school. Though I think she was more on the crazy side and not the lazy/indifferent side.

There was this one time, I was at her place and we were like baking muffin or something like that and while we were doing that she suddenly just straight-out asked if she could "borrow" some of my cum, because she was going to put it in the muffin she was giving away to her friend. I thought she meant it as a joke, but then she offered to do it for me, and she was actually serious.

Do you also do stuff like this? Then you might be the same person as her, cause what you described was exactly the same.
OlvepartyNov 10, 2013 4:08 AM
Nov 10, 2013 4:01 AM

Aug 2013
I would quite like a relationship. Not one of those bullshit only "physical" ones but a proper intimate one
Sup People and yes I am the physical manifestation of Shinji Ikari's Balls

And this what elite-sama says to incest
elite-sama said:
I'm against it because I don't have a sister. It's not fair.
Nov 10, 2013 4:01 AM

Jun 2012
I think it would be nice to be actually "in love" with someone and have an emotional relationship (male or female), but I've never really loved anyone. I also have no interest in sex at all.
Shoot first, think never.
Nov 10, 2013 4:36 AM
Jun 2012
i wouldn't mind having a gf who would watch anime together with me :)
Nov 10, 2013 4:50 AM

Jul 2012
daintybiscuit said:
i want to say this, and i don't want a single person to think i mean this is a superficial way (b/c we are on a message board, be it MAL, or whatever) but I sense a lot of real emotion behind what you guys are saying and its very cool when we can actually achieve that sort of thing as a community.

I got a bit of (highly appreciated) feedback that i sound a bit nuts. :) well... i suppose i deserve it. i often put my life online, well lately, just here, w/o worrying too much about privacy b/c its just who i am.

I apologize if anything i say has upset anyone. yes, i call myself a mess but i'm a good mess. I'm just a bit of a spaz about life and thinking about dating really made me reflect on who you need to be to be in a relationship - or whether you should care when in reality, you don't. i had no idea i'd get some answers out of you guys that feel both raw and true.

i know. immadork.

Rofl. You're awesome, Dainty.

Real life crazy chicks are hawt.
Konbu is important
Nov 10, 2013 7:06 AM

Jul 2012
Relationships are great, even though I'm currently only in my first one.

Feels like people who can't be bothered anymore are just saying that because their previous relationships were shite, however, I don't think they should give up just because of that.

Cause once you find someone that makes you happy, it's all definitely worth it. I find relationships to be exciting and fun, not only do you have someone that adores you and loves you for who you are, but going through arguments, difficulties and cuddles are awesome too.

I guess you just gotta find someone you work with, who you are happy to be with. I just really like the part of doing couply things, no matter how cheesy they are. Simple things like cuddles and watching a film together is awesome. Not being afraid or restraining who you are is something you can't do with anyone, but if you have a partner that brings it out of you, it's awesomesauce.
Nov 10, 2013 7:16 AM

Aug 2013
Never been in a relationship, now even when I can I don't want to, just don't feel it. Girl asks me to dance and im already bored.

Too much effort and people are all the same.
SpooksNov 10, 2013 7:24 AM
Nov 10, 2013 7:36 AM
Oct 2013
JD2411 said:
iSheep said:
JD2411 said:
I'm in a committed relationship with my waifu.

No. Just no.

h8rs cnt c me cuz da $$$ in da way
Nov 10, 2013 7:53 AM

Jan 2013
single and ready to mingle
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
And the best part is that no one can prove it wrong
The best part is that you somehow actually exist.
Nov 10, 2013 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
I only date very, very, very tale females with scales. Radioactivity is a plus.

daintybiscuit said:

i know. immadork.

Daintybiscuit! Why you act so Moe~! D:
dankickyouNov 10, 2013 8:04 AM
The Art of Eight
Nov 10, 2013 8:04 AM

Jul 2013
Won't be getting into a relationship.
Nov 10, 2013 8:27 AM

Aug 2013
I've been in a relationship before. It was nice. I'd like to be in one again.
Nov 10, 2013 8:29 AM

May 2013
I've only had a couple relationships, but they've been very pleasant for me. I left on good terms with both of my exes and we are still good friends to this day. There was also this type of 'long distance relationship' I was in for a while, but I don't really count this guy as an ex or anything. I wouldn't really say we were together either, but we both were into eachother. Being in that with him was rather nice too though.

While being in a relationship in highschool was no big deal to me, now that I'm in college I've been thinking lately I shouldn't really try to secure a relationship with anyone until I've finished a few semesters at first. I want to get settled at my University. Of course, this has proven difficult cause there is someone I am interested in, but I'd rather refrain from getting distracted.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Nov 10, 2013 10:05 AM

Aug 2013
Honestly I rather not anymore. Past ones were nice at first but then just turned shitty. If I like someone who I have been friends with for awhile then sure why not. I'm just not as receptive to blind dates nor relationships now.
Nov 10, 2013 10:22 AM

Jul 2007
I'm in a good relationship and never gave a shit about getting into one. Never did the whole 'dating' thing either.
Nov 10, 2013 10:26 AM

Dec 2011
I had one, and it's a bit debatable whether it should be called a relationship, but that's probably only coming from my side. The guy was pretty into me, I wasn't really that into him, which naturally led to me growing tired of him. When I think about it, I never actually felt as if I was happier then when I knew I had that somebody, that I wasn't alone. I was pretty indifferent. The whole thing wasn't giving me any satisfaction, on the contrary - it was being rather tiring and kind of felt forced in a way. I was quite often wondering what's wrong with me cause I couldn't stand the whole idea of it, and him trying his best around me, I suppose, which was strange since society learned us to perceive relationships as something highly valued as opposed to being single. And there you had me, annoyed by all that for some reason.

So I'm still not sure if the problem's me or is it just that I just happened to bump into wrong people so far. Never really dated though (besides that one), and it's not like I'm unattractive, I think I'm okay lol, but I somehow never get the chance. Just had some rare one time things I guess, which I mostly ended up regretting. Cause it seems as if nothing can please me, I yearn for something and when I get to it, I kind of realize that's not what I was looking for and it doesn't make me feel any better. And then I write it off, conclude that I don't need it. And then I see people around me every day, happy in relationships, and start to wonder again if I should be actually looking for one and round it goes.

So lol, to try and genuinely answer the question whether I feel the need to be in a relationship - honestly, no. Based from my past experiences I don't think I need one physically nor mentally because so far it didn't prove to make me happy, it didn't make a difference. Though the idea of having someone who truly understands you and stays by your side is naturally appealing to me as it is to every human being, my hopes of finding someone like that are low to non-existent, which is in a way really pretentious of me but I don't know. I do get pressured into thinking I need a romantic relationship by people around me and some annoying inner voice of mine saying something I can't quite define yet. But yeah, here you go. Wow, such a long boring mess sorry.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

678 by Hitagi__Furude »»
27 minutes ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

28 by Rhaelynne »»
28 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 57 minutes ago

0 by Thy-Veseveia »»
57 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

24 by DreamWindow »»
1 hour ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

41 by Merve2Love »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.