Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 24, 2013 9:16 PM

Jul 2010
MCAL said:
People who think that was out of character for Gon... need to pay attention more.

Totally agree.
Oct 25, 2013 4:11 PM

Aug 2008
Oh man, this arc is getting beyond stupid each episode. Now darts and this octopus thing. And Gon being either retarded or psycho. It's still quite fun to watch but I really miss hunter exam. Even GI was fine but CA are like some kind of bad trip.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 25, 2013 5:04 PM

Oct 2008
Antanaru said:
Oh man, this arc is getting beyond stupid each episode. Now darts and this octopus thing. And Gon being either retarded or psycho. It's still quite fun to watch but I really miss hunter exam. Even GI was fine but CA are like some kind of bad trip.

The darts are all completely in-line with the universe's logic, so I don't really get the complaint there. As it's been discussed, Gon's displayed nothing out of character here, and I think the writing's better than it's ever been.

Interesting opinion though, I guess. This arc isn't everyone's cup of tea. Personally, it's by far and away my favorite one.
Oct 25, 2013 6:57 PM
Sep 2013
Dangerr said:
Antanaru said:

The darts are all completely in-line with the universe's logic, so I don't really get the complaint there. As it's been discussed, Gon's displayed nothing out of character here, and I think the writing's better than it's ever been.

Interesting opinion though, I guess. This arc isn't everyone's cup of tea. Personally, it's by far and away my favorite one.

It's my second favorite after Yorknew (I read the manga but don't do this) but hopefully the palace invasion and the ending will change the minds of those who don't like it so far. My only gripe is that I wish Madhouse stuck with the fast pacing of 3 chapters per episode initially.
Oct 25, 2013 7:20 PM

Sep 2013
Cresherhsm said:
Dangerr said:
Antanaru said:

It's my second favorite after Yorknew (I read the manga but don't do this) but hopefully the palace invasion and the ending will change the minds of those who don't like it so far. My only gripe is that I wish Madhouse stuck with the fast pacing of 3 chapters per episode initially.
I'm just glad they didn't go five chapters per episode like in Greed Island.
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Oct 26, 2013 5:56 AM
Oct 2012
Guys please some one tell me whats the ost name that starts in 12:52 in the episode 101 Pleaseeee i searched a lot and didnt find it :(
Oct 26, 2013 12:02 PM
May 2013
Hahaha oh man...read a semi QQ post above and im sorry but all i can do is laugh at that. To clarify, there has hardly anything "stupid" that has happened in this arc so far in actuality (i mean it is considered a deconstruction of a genre) but the reason you're probably acting this way is how you got majorly trolled by the first arc expecting this show to be something like it throughout. Can't blame ya though, i see those green short shorts with a happy go lucky face and...well you know the rest.

But that is not hxh. HxH in itself evolves as it goes on and so do the characters and it rarely ever looks back. What we're witnessing out of Gon now is what Zepile saw in his keen insight in him two arcs back. We are simply seeing this at play since Pitou is the perfect catalyst for bringing out Gon's true raw nature. Amazing foreshadowing by Togashi if you ask me since it was so subtle at the time it was presented that reflecting back to it now makes me go "Aaaah..."
Oct 28, 2013 1:02 AM

Jun 2012
WOO WHAT A COOL GUY, that octopus ^^

gedata said:
BROctopus

Oct 28, 2013 3:16 AM

Oct 2012
Celianna said:
endlessdevotion said:
Holy crap at Gon's very out-of-character scene, though it must be because of the state the Chimera ants put Kite in. And God, how I love Killua, haha.

I don't understand the people who say this is out of character for Gon. It is completely true to his morally grey character. Fearthebeard85 is right, Gon has always been like this, it's just surfacing up more and more (it'll really get out of hand by the end of the arc).

Gon lives by his own moral code. Whatever you did before Gon met you, it doesn't matter to him. You could have been Hitler for all he cares, and he'll gladly befriend you. Gon doesn't care if you killed a million people, he only cares when it affects him personally. So if you hurt his friends, then it becomes personal, and nothing can stop Gon. Even if that person is someone he barely even knew (yeah, I'm saying he barely knew Kaito), he'll still rage over it and stand up for what he thinks is right. He'll also forgive a lot of things that his friends do, as long as it doesn't affect Gon personally. So if Killua killed a random passerby Gon didn't know, he wouldn't bat an eye. If Killua killed his aunt Mito, Gon would crumble and become super unpredictable.

Early examples include: the hunter exam where Killua instantaneously ripped out the prisoner's heart. Gon didn't bat an eye. Also, the part where Killua tells Gon he is an assassin and has killed many people. Gon's reaction? Full of glee and curiosity. Then there's his lust for competition when he tried to go against Hisoka, then lost, and had to pay him back in the heaven arena arc.

Gon also bore no ill feelings towards the phantom troupe until he learned Kurapika was involved. Same thing with the convicts in Greed Island. Gon learned they had raped and murdered many people, but again, he didn't care. He even liked Razor because Razor didn't do anything to Gon (or his friends) personally. It also showed a glimpse of Gon's thirst for power; he abused Killua's hands to show off and win, without caring if Killua was in pain or not.

The first most prominent example of Gon's thirst for bloodlust and not-so-morally-right character, was when he was battling Genthru. Instead of sticking with the plan that everyone came up with, through his own arrogance, Gon had to prove his own power to Genthru, to you know, 'show him'. This lost him his voice and arm.

It just simply became even more obvious in the latest arc, and trust me, it'll get even worse.

Gon is not the naive innocent boy that everyone believed he was in the beginning. He's a deconstruction of the stereotypical happy hero of the shounen genre.

To Gon, it only matters if something happens to him personally. Touch him or his friends, and you die. Everyone else is fair game. It's as simple as that. We're going to see more of this side of Gon in this arc.

lol wat he didnt abuse Killua's hands to show off and win, he did care about killua's hands but there was no other way to win the match the way gon wanted to without killua holding the ball. He even said that if Hisoka or Biscuit were holding it instead of kill he wouldnt be able to unleash 100% of his power.
Oct 28, 2013 9:00 AM
Oct 2012
HellBlazer3 said:
Guys please some one tell me whats the ost name that starts in 12:52 in the episode 101 Pleaseeee i searched a lot and didnt find it :(
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE anyone I really want it ??????
Oct 28, 2013 10:51 AM

Sep 2013
HellBlazer3 said:
HellBlazer3 said:
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE anyone I really want it ??????
It's just another one of those unreleased anime OST.
Oct 28, 2013 1:04 PM
Apr 2013
TokyoRyo said:
lol wat he didnt abuse Killua's hands to show off and win, he did care about killua's hands but there was no other way to win the match the way gon wanted to without killua holding the ball. He even said that if Hisoka or Biscuit were holding it instead of kill he wouldnt be able to unleash 100% of his power.

There were other ways to win the match. No matter how powerful Gon was, Biscuit and Hisoka were a lot stronger, and he knew it. He could have asked one of them to punch the ball with Tzesguerra (not sure about the spelling) holding it. Killua wouldn't have had to suffer and victory would have been a lot more likely. The difference being that it wouldn't have been Gon's victory. And Gon wanted to win by himself. Killua's well-being obviously wasn't his priority.
Django_FreemanOct 28, 2013 1:10 PM
Oct 29, 2013 12:53 PM
Apr 2013
Django_Freeman said:
TokyoRyo said:

There were other ways to win the match. No matter how powerful Gon was, Biscuit and Hisoka were a lot stronger, and he knew it. He could have asked one of them to punch the ball with Tzesguerra (not sure about the spelling) holding it. Killua wouldn't have had to suffer and victory would have been a lot more likely. The difference being that it wouldn't have been Gon's victory. And Gon wanted to win by himself. Killua's well-being obviously wasn't his priority.

You completely ignored what he just said. The point is Gon trusts Killua so much that Killua trust Gon so much that he could only unleash his full power if Killua was the one holding the ball.
Oct 29, 2013 2:31 PM
Apr 2013
MCAL said:
You completely ignored what he just said. The point is Gon trusts Killua so much that Killua trust Gon so much that he could only unleash his full power if Killua was the one holding the ball.

You misread my post. I'm not saying that Gon should have asked Biscuit or Hisoka to hold the ball for him. I'm saying he should have asked Biscuit or Hisoka to PUNCH the ball instead of him. Tactically this would have been the best decision. With Tzesguerra holding the ball, nobody would have had to hurt his hands, and since Hisoka and Biscuit are both a lot more powerful than Gon, their odds of victory would have been higher. And Gon knew all this. But as always, his selfishness and pride prevailed.
Oct 30, 2013 12:12 PM
Oct 2013
TokyoRyo said:

Gon is Killua's best friend, and Gon would do anything for Killua, even if that means he has to die. Their weirdly obsessed relationship with each other is my number one reason why I love HxH so much. They have pure love for one another, and that's as plain as day.

But I'm not ignorant enough to say that Gon, in that exact scene, cared about Killua's hands. He didn't. His selfishness surfaced up, and Gon had to prove he could win this match. He had to use Killua only, because Killua's his best friend - but pain be damned. Even if Killua would have his hands blown off by the last punch, Gon would still do it (and Killua would oblige). There were plenty of other things Gon could have done, including using Hisoka instead, but Gon had to have his way, and he did in fact, abuse Killua's hands.

Even if Gon and Killua care for each other so much that they'd die for one another, this doesn't mean Gon stops being selfish. You'll see this return in future episodes, his selfishness and not caring about Killua's feelings on the matter.

It's just part of Gon's personality.
Oct 31, 2013 6:18 AM

Apr 2010
i was about to cry when killua's eye changed *^*"
Nov 3, 2013 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
Amaaaazing. I didn't think that octopus would actually become an ally to Killua! It's kinda sweet and provides a lotta comic relief. :)

Great episode, but I hate seeing my baby Killua like this. :'( Don't die, sweetheaaart.
Nov 12, 2013 5:24 AM
May 2009
This episode, and this show in general, made my pants tight.
Nov 12, 2013 8:19 AM

May 2013
Celianna said:
TokyoRyo said:

Gon is Killua's best friend, and Gon would do anything for Killua, even if that means he has to die. Their weirdly obsessed relationship with each other is my number one reason why I love HxH so much. They have pure love for one another, and that's as plain as day.

But I'm not ignorant enough to say that Gon, in that exact scene, cared about Killua's hands. He didn't. His selfishness surfaced up, and Gon had to prove he could win this match. He had to use Killua only, because Killua's his best friend - but pain be damned. Even if Killua would have his hands blown off by the last punch, Gon would still do it (and Killua would oblige). There were plenty of other things Gon could have done, including using Hisoka instead, but Gon had to have his way, and he did in fact, abuse Killua's hands.

Even if Gon and Killua care for each other so much that they'd die for one another, this doesn't mean Gon stops being selfish. You'll see this return in future episodes, his selfishness and not caring about Killua's feelings on the matter.

It's just part of Gon's personality.

While I do agree Gon has a selfish side, you guys make it sound like he forced Killua to hold the ball. Killua wanted to do this and was even scared that Gon wouldnt let him if he knew how badly injured Killua's hands were. And it's not like Gon's gives a damn about losing hands, he let the bomber blow up his hand just to kick him ones lmao.

A better example of Gon's selfishness is when he told the bombers to come and fight them right after the match. He didn't think/care about Killua's condition and was willing to put him in danger just to please his pride.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Nov 24, 2013 12:45 PM

Jun 2013
Dangerr said:
Antanaru said:

Being fed up of the show it took me a few weeks to watch this episode, so I am kinda late to post here...
I find the dart power of those fish ants to be extremely gimmicky. A dart pro hunter with the ability would have been believable, but chimera ants that actually built a fucking bar in an underground cave... are you serious?
This episode was soooo silly. It didn´t help that they kept talking with their heads decapitated o_O
I don´t quite get why everybody loves this episode so much. It´s by the book fodder. It´s pretty much the same as episode 100.
And Killua being "awesome" and killing the siblings in one strike was not only predictable as fuck but also something we have seen so many times. The novelty has worn off at this point.
Nov 24, 2013 2:40 PM

Sep 2013
confused_Imakuni said:
Dangerr said:
Antanaru said:

Being fed up of the show it took me a few weeks to watch this episode, so I am kinda late to post here...
I find the dart power of those fish ants to be extremely gimmicky. A dart pro hunter with the ability would have been believable, but chimera ants that actually built a fucking bar in an underground cave... are you serious?
This episode was soooo silly. It didn´t help that they kept talking with their heads decapitated o_O
I don´t quite get why everybody loves this episode so much. It´s by the book fodder. It´s pretty much the same as episode 100.
And Killua being "awesome" and killing the siblings in one strike was not only predictable as fuck but also something we have seen so many times. The novelty has worn off at this point.
Maybe you already know, but practically all the arcs before this one deviated from the manga slightly by skipping scenes and even simplifying in the dialogue aspect - namely in the PT arc and especially in G.I. And now, they are maintaining all that extra dialogue (with somewhat more consistent pacing even) suddenly to commemorate the first animated coverage of this arc.
So, on top of you feeling bored, this amount of technical dialogue must feel immensely out of left field.

This series in Japan may actually be reliant on the pretense that people are already die-hard fans, what with the late-night weekday time-slot and much more evidence to back that up - such as how popular it happens to be.

I know where you're coming from, but these are some factors to take into consideration. The style in the manga had definitely changed by this point, and even more-so as a contrast in the anime.

Not implying you have to like it, but a looot of people who express their detest for this arc have seemingly never done so without being remotely subjective toward it.
ShigyCNov 24, 2013 3:02 PM
Dec 12, 2013 11:35 PM

Jan 2012
killua & octobro! octopus better make it out alive or ill ragequit
when palm and sensei said they knew someone who was more suited to fighting the cheetah dude, i thought they meant killua. as far as i know, hes one of the top in reflex and speed
Jan 9, 2014 1:11 AM

Jul 2013
that octopus guy touched my heart... awwww

awesome kill back there Killua! didn't see that coming..
Jan 11, 2014 1:14 PM

Dec 2011
The octopus is such a sweetie pie..didn't really like the dart game though

Jan 12, 2014 6:24 PM

Aug 2008
Now, HxH feels like a "shounen" series to me! Tako is way too cool!
Feb 28, 2014 3:03 AM

Jun 2011
FUCK YO! "Because you're cool" Yo go Killua, you're the man!

The one sided beating was meh, but Killua's hint for his next power up is good.

BROctopus to the rescue!! He is a cool octopus indeed, especially his thick eyebrow! Hang in there Killua!!

confused_Imakuni said:

Yeah how can they keep talking as if it's nothing after they got decapitated. Killua should've finish them off.
We like it because of Killua and of course, BROctopus!
Have to agree with that.

@the siblings, I smelled incest.
ToG25thBaamFeb 28, 2014 3:10 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 28, 2014 10:36 AM

Jun 2009
You know, in retrospect this is probably my least favorite part of this arc. The dart battle is one of the few instances I didn't consider a fight well done in the series, probably because darts just aren't that interesting to me. It's important though because because these episodes introduce Ikalgo, so it isn't that big a deal to me.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 28, 2014 10:45 AM

Jan 2014
insan3Spectre said:
You know, in retrospect this is probably my least favorite part of this arc. The dart battle is one of the few instances I didn't consider a fight well done in the series, probably because darts just aren't that interesting to me. It's important though because because these episodes introduce Ikalgo, so it isn't that big a deal to me.

I never considered it a fight, it was somewhat like... Hanzo torturing Gon.
I liked the way they showed Killua in this light who was always the cool guy who 1-hits everyone, is now near death, and can still think as fast as if he were composed. Especially after removing the needle.

How the new lightning ability 'originates' looked very cool and well-thought imo

My least favorite part was post-Phantom Troupe rampage, with Gon fighting off batsy and Gorilla-ant or was it a bird?
As well as the snake-ant.

Which is incidentally a few episodes prior to your least fav.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2014 10:54 AM

Jun 2009
judals said:
insan3Spectre said:

I never considered it a fight, it was somewhat like... Hanzo torturing Gon.
I liked the way they showed Killua in this light who was always the cool guy who 1-hits everyone, is now near death, and can still think as fast as if he were composed. Especially after removing the needle.

How the new lightning ability 'originates' looked very cool and well-thought imo

My least favorite part was post-Phantom Troupe rampage, with Gon fighting off batsy and Gorilla-ant or was it a bird?
As well as the snake-ant.

Which is incidentally a few episodes prior to your least fav.

Yeah, again it just goes back to me not being very interested in darts. That's why I didn't say "worst" and used "least favorite" to describe my thoughts. It was indeed important for Killua's character and it introduced a power that will be important later on, so yeah, it's important.

Honestly, I wasn't too big on Gon's battle before this either. It did have it's importance in Meleoron and all, so it isn't that big an issue. I like how alot of the things going on now are payed off later on in the arc.

I think the arc really gets going from roughly here on out, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 28, 2014 10:57 AM

Jan 2014
I understand

about Gon's battles, it just felt silly, it felt like a demotion from the regular 'intellectual' battles we had before, and afterward with Morel.

It just dawned on me that Killua has never been in a serious fight against a good adversary,
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2014 2:37 PM
Jun 2013
judals said:
I understand

about Gon's battles, it just felt silly, it felt like a demotion from the regular 'intellectual' battles we had before, and afterward with Morel.

It just dawned on me that Killua has never been in a serious fight against a good adversary,

What about Shoot?
Feb 28, 2014 2:39 PM

Jun 2009
judals said:
I understand

Well, Shoot beat him. But, that was probably because of the needle. Come to think of that, unlike Gon (which we only saw a bit of btw) we never did see how Killua lost.

Well, how Gon won was kind of cool, but it definitely is nowhere near my favorite battles of his.

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 28, 2014 7:01 PM
Sep 2013
insan3Spectre said:

This is roughly where the arc truly began to pick up for me too. Everything from a bit after the beginning of the 10 waiting days to the end of the palace invasion is really incredible imo.
Feb 28, 2014 8:38 PM

Jun 2009
Cresherhsm said:
insan3Spectre said:

This is roughly where the arc truly began to pick up for me too. Everything from a bit after the beginning of the 10 waiting days to the end of the palace invasion is really incredible imo.

Particularly from when

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 28, 2014 8:45 PM

Dec 2012
insan3Spectre said:
Cresherhsm said:
insan3Spectre said:

Particularly from when

I will say that
Feb 28, 2014 8:50 PM

Jun 2009
tsudecimo said:
insan3Spectre said:
Cresherhsm said:
insan3Spectre said:

Particularly from when

I will say that

Stop raining on my circle jerk, seriously. Though that in your spoilers is actually my favorite thing in the arc so far.

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 28, 2014 9:08 PM

Jan 2014
MSV said:
judals said:
I understand

What about Shoot?

What about him?
Mar 1, 2014 9:58 AM
Jun 2013
judals said:
MSV said:
judals said:
I understand

What about Shoot?

What about him?

You said that Killua didn't have a good adversary before Youpi, so I was reminding you of Shoot. Even if Killua lost because of the needle, Shoot should be considered a good adversary for him.
MSVMar 1, 2014 10:01 AM
Mar 1, 2014 10:05 AM

Jan 2014
But that was off-screen mostly, and it was more like training
Mar 21, 2014 11:49 PM

Dec 2013
confused_Imakuni said:
Dangerr said:
Antanaru said:

For me i just can't get over the direction the mangaka went with the Chimera ants. They started off with such an interesting, origin, but they've diverged from the ant theme so much it just became an awkward way to introduce an arc about humanity being invaded by a bunch of random looking monsters. It would have been so much better if they stuck with the insect theme for ALL the Chimera and if they extended the time table for them to reach this level of advancement.

My other criticism is that it feels kinda like a cop out that Killua's difficulty in overriding the limitations of his shrewd assasin training was all due to a needle in his head.
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 30, 2014 4:35 PM
Aug 2007
Wow, things were not looking good for Killua there.. glad that the cool octopus is gonna save him.

I wonder what that lizard guy wants from Gon though... a strange friendship going on there..
Apr 2, 2014 9:00 PM

Feb 2013
cantius said:
Tako for life.

wouldn't you prefer to be a squid?
Apr 11, 2014 2:39 AM

Apr 2011
So I finally learned the difference between squid/イカ and octopus/タコ. Sweet episode. And I love when en is explained scientifically with those cross-section illustrations, as if it wouldn't be believable otherwise.
Apr 22, 2014 8:05 AM
Oct 2009
I know it won't happen now but anytime in the future if Killua dies, I will stop watchin' HxH.
Apr 22, 2014 9:29 AM

Jan 2014
VampireOjouChan said:
I know it won't happen now but anytime in the future if Killua dies, I will stop watchin' HxH.

I actually would like to see when/if Killua dies... Kurapika too.
Apr 25, 2014 4:38 AM

Sep 2008
I don't like how they keep pulling new bad guys out of nowhere just to have them get defeated in the same episode. The story hasn't moved much at all in the past bunch of episodes.
Jun 30, 2014 11:18 AM

Jan 2013
Wow, Killua was in bad shape I thought that he might actually die but it turns out the octopus saved him.
Jul 2, 2014 1:04 AM

Nov 2011
5layer said:
I don't like how they keep pulling new bad guys out of nowhere just to have them get defeated in the same episode. The story hasn't moved much at all in the past bunch of episodes.

Yeah. I don't mind waiting a few eps to get to the palace, but I hope this doesn't last much longer. They could at least have them deal with the squad leaders already.

Gon's pretty intense now.
Jul 18, 2014 9:54 PM

Nov 2012
The first part was so stupid,it was hilarious.

Honestly wished the octopus would've died,but since he saved Killua I guess it was good he didn't.

These last few episodes have been lame,so many fodders.When are they going to get to the Royal guards?
Jul 21, 2014 10:25 PM

Apr 2014
VampireOjouChan said:

This.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikasa - May 26, 2012

158 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lzumi-chan - May 19, 2012

239 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kamuki - May 12, 2012

182 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 30 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikasa - May 5, 2012

109 by Nerdason »»
May 10, 4:59 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mirorin - Apr 28, 2012

99 by Nerdason »»
May 10, 4:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.