Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 21, 2013 8:49 AM

Jun 2012
The sales so far are looking horrid. Kyoani attempted to break the mold of what they usually do and it has been completely unsuccessful. Does this mean Kyoani is finished?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 21, 2013 8:52 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Does any company have a 100% success rate?
Oct 21, 2013 8:54 AM

Aug 2012
Don't worry, Tamako Market Season 2 will save them.
Oct 21, 2013 8:55 AM

Nov 2012
kyoukai no kanata probably won't sell as much as some of their other titles, but that won't ruin them or anything. they could just put out a sequel for any of their popular titles (like free!) and make up for it

MrAwesome2011 said:

LOL
Oct 21, 2013 8:56 AM

Dec 2012
If you mean by finished is bankrupt, then no.

MrAwesome2011 said:

That is funny.
I like anime.
Oct 21, 2013 8:57 AM

Jan 2012
No, why so overly dramatic? What sales are you talking about too by the way, are the BD even out yet?
Oct 21, 2013 8:57 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
MrAwesome2011 said:

I don't know why this was so funny but it was :P
Oct 21, 2013 8:58 AM

Apr 2007
Just because they have one title that doesn't sell as well as others they're finished? KyoAni are probably swimming in cash, they can afford to take a hit.

Nov 2012
ReasonDesu said:
No, why so overly dramatic? What sales are you talking about too by the way, are the BD even out yet?

i guess they're talking about preorder rankings.

Jun 2012
MrAwesome2011 said:

This actually brings up a good point, with KnK flubbing and Tamako 2 on the horizon, how can Kyoani afford to pay their animators?
Oct 21, 2013 9:00 AM

Dec 2012
Shuhan said:
MrAwesome2011 said:

This actually brings up a good point, with KnK flubbing and Tamako 2 on the horizon, how can Kyoani afford to pay their animators?

With a lot of money that they received from Haruhi Suzumiya series sales profit.
I like anime.
Oct 21, 2013 9:04 AM

Jun 2012
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Shuhan said:
MrAwesome2011 said:

With a lot of money that they received from Haruhi Suzumiya series sales profit.

Wasn't that three years ago? They must have blown through that by now.

And yes I'm talking about pre orders, this looks like it will end up selling about 2k for the first volume.
Oct 21, 2013 9:06 AM

Nov 2012
Shuhan said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Shuhan said:
MrAwesome2011 said:

Wasn't that three years ago? They must have blown through that by now.

And yes I'm talking about pre orders, this looks like it will end up selling about 2k for the first volume.

then there's still chuunibyou, hyouka, free!, k-on! etc.
and if they're ever tight on money they'll just make that new haruhi or fmp that everyone wants lol
Oct 21, 2013 9:07 AM

Jan 2012
Stating stalker estimates like gospel and this early in the season is never a good idea. Even if this does flop, they have plenty of fujoshi dollars from Free! and Chu-2 2 just around the corner.
Oct 21, 2013 9:07 AM

Aug 2012
silverwalls said:
and if they're ever tight on money they'll just make that new haruhi or fmp that everyone wants lol

No love for Nichijou? :(
Oct 21, 2013 9:08 AM

Dec 2012
silverwalls said:

Exactly. This is the truth that KyoAni should embrace.
I like anime.
Oct 21, 2013 9:10 AM

Nov 2012
MrAwesome2011 said:
silverwalls said:

No love for Nichijou? :(

well it barely sold, but seeing as tamako got a s2 nichijou even more deserves one ..
Oct 2012
Shuhan said:
MrAwesome2011 said:

Uhm, KyoAni made money off of Tamako Market, so your entire premise is wrong. They also have the second season of Chuunibyou on tap, and have just scored a megahit with Free, so I am afraid you are going to have KyoAni around for a least a half a dozen more years before we can even begin to seriously contemplate this question.

Jun 2012
silverwalls said:

They can't make another Haruhi season, Kadokawa has the last word on it.
Oct 21, 2013 9:11 AM

Apr 2007
Pat_To_Do-List said:
silverwalls said:

Now I kind of want KnK to flop, just to increase the chances of this happening.
Oct 21, 2013 9:17 AM

Dec 2012
Shuhan said:
silverwalls said:

Really? Why?
I like anime.
Oct 21, 2013 9:25 AM

Jun 2012
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Shuhan said:
silverwalls said:

Really? Why?

I'm not entirely sure about this reasoning but kadokawa holds publishing rights as they are the ones who print the novels/manga.

After the movie aired they believe that Haruhi has reached the peak of its popularity and they can no longer promote it further. So they haven't pushed for a studio to animate more Haruhi.
Oct 21, 2013 9:28 AM

Dec 2012
Shuhan said:
After the movie aired they believe that Haruhi has reached the peak of its popularity and they can no longer promote it further. So they haven't pushed for a studio to animate more Haruhi.

Maybe Kadokawa wants to wait until Haruhi Suzumiya series finished/near the end, then they will give the rights to KyoAni.
I like anime.
Oct 21, 2013 9:40 AM

Sep 2011
ona said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:
silverwalls said:

if this flops they will probably be less inclined to make another fmp,its going to send the message that
"oh making action shows arent profitable, lets go back to making 1 show recycled multiple times"

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 21, 2013 1:11 PM

Apr 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
ona said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:
silverwalls said:

if this flops they will probably be less inclined to make another fmp,its going to send the message that
"oh making action shows arent profitable, lets go back to making 1 show recycled multiple times"

I totally have to agree here. Id rather not see their gorgeous animation go to waste on any more "nothing happens" shows. Let the poor studios produce shows like that, since they dont have the money and power to make good fighting scenes. Now if only KyoAni didnt fuck KnK up by having really shitty characters I could have enjoyed this. The premise is cool, the art and animation is great, but oh god annoying and stupid characters. It feels as if they tried to be waay to hipsters about the characters. Im sorry but youre not SHAFT KyoAni.
Oct 21, 2013 1:14 PM

Apr 2007
baki502 said:
Im sorry but youre not SHAFT KyoAni.

Man, this explains so much about KnK. KyoAni trying to be SHAFT.
Oct 21, 2013 1:26 PM

Sep 2011
baki502 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
ona said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:
silverwalls said:

I totally have to agree here. Id rather not see their gorgeous animation go to waste on any more "nothing happens" shows. Let the poor studios produce shows like that, since they dont have the money and power to make good fighting scenes. Now if only KyoAni didnt fuck KnK up by having really shitty characters I could have enjoyed this. The premise is cool, the art and animation is great, but oh god annoying and stupid characters. It feels as if they tried to be waay to hipsters about the characters. Im sorry but youre not SHAFT KyoAni.

I cant say anything more than baseless inferences made entirely around previews of fight scenes iv seen of the show as i havent seen it yet, but this is probably kyo ani's most entertaining show just because of the fights, their previous few years of work has been some the most unoriginal and (not counting animation) lacking in effort that at least seeing the animation go to something, ANYTHING, that actually should be animated. The closest iv seen with kyo ani actually making a show different was chuuniybo and instead of making it a fun comedy series with imaginary fight scenes like the start implied they chose to just copy the kotomi arc from clannad except add way more melodrama and angst to it

though if what you said is true its sad that one of the first shows they have made in years that isnt just recycling another thing they worked on in the past ended up being a flop

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 21, 2013 1:35 PM

Apr 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
baki502 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
ona said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:
silverwalls said:

I cant say anything more than baseless inferences made entirely around previews of fight scenes iv seen of the show as i havent seen it yet, but this is probably kyo ani's most entertaining show just because of the fights, their previous few years of work has been some the most unoriginal and (not counting animation) lacking in effort that at least seeing the animation go to something, ANYTHING, that actually should be animated. The closest iv seen with kyo ani actually making a show different was chuuniybo and instead of making it a fun comedy series with imaginary fight scenes like the start implied they chose to just copy the kotomi arc from clannad except add way more melodrama and angst to it

though if what you said is true its sad that one of the first shows they have made in years that isnt just recycling another thing they worked on in the past ended up being a flop

I mean you can always give it a try, many people like the characters judging from the Episode discussion thread. However I really dont like the main guy, and the main girl is even worse, but hey maybe youll be okay with it. Just dont expect logic.
Oct 21, 2013 1:39 PM

Dec 2012
I have hope that KnK won't flop. I really like it and think it's good and I like all the characters, also love the character designs. It would be kinda sad if this flopped, it might discourage Kyo ani from making more creative series ( Nichijou :/ ) or something they don't do usually like this anime.
Oct 21, 2013 6:30 PM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:
I have hope that KnK won't flop. I really like it and think it's good and I like all the characters, also love the character designs. It would be kinda sad if this flopped, it might discourage Kyo ani from making more creative series ( Nichijou :/ ) or something they don't do usually like this anime.

I think so far Beyond The Boundary is pretty mediocre. Sorry.
I like anime.
Oct 21, 2013 7:56 PM

Sep 2012
MrAwesome2011 said:

Lol'd

@Haruhi S3

Haruhi is finished really. Most of the loose ends were tied with the movie, we don't know how HAruhi got her powers, but that's okay. Adding more questions with a season 3 would make it more unfinished.
Disappearance is a good ending point as is. But if KyoAni would create more Haruhi, they'd have to wait until the LN series is over then gloss over the content. Tbh, they can only do it well with 2+ cour
ExboOct 21, 2013 8:00 PM
Oct 21, 2013 11:09 PM
Aug 2011
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=627707

now I see what your life amounts to: making the same try hard-threads over and over again
Oct 22, 2013 12:25 AM

Dec 2012
parfaited said:

now I see what your life amounts to: making the same try hard-threads over and over again

I see. Maybe he was unsatisfied with his previous thread?
I like anime.
Oct 22, 2013 12:27 AM

Sep 2012
parfaited said:

Oh, so that's why I feel like I'm experiencing deja vu.
Oct 22, 2013 12:35 AM
Jan 2013
Anime being successful or not has very little to do with the finance of studio. It has to do with publishers such as aniplex...
Oct 22, 2013 6:46 AM

Jun 2012
parfaited said:

I dont see your point.
Oct 22, 2013 6:53 AM

Jun 2013
Highly unlikely. I've heard they got quit a sum from Free!
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Oct 22, 2013 7:06 AM

Jul 2011
ona said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:
silverwalls said:

LOL I know right?!

Changed my sig without knowing bbcode was down. Wahhh D:
Oct 22, 2013 7:08 AM

Jul 2008
I'm sure they will survive this.
Oct 22, 2013 7:12 AM

Dec 2012
seikipunch said:
Highly unlikely. I've heard they got quit a sum from Free!

Free! is just . . . I do not know what to say.
I like anime.
Oct 22, 2013 7:17 AM

Jan 2012
Shuhan said:
parfaited said:

I dont see your point.

I'll see you again when Tamako 2 airs OP, maybe one day your prophesy will become reality.
Oct 22, 2013 7:27 AM
Mar 2011
hope th ere model chnages cuase thay have decent sa tff but of the most part they dont realy get reconzied as much as bigger mainstrteam anime writers directors eCT cause there model of buisees makes it that way
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Oct 22, 2013 8:09 AM

Mar 2012
One or two bad series won't really sink KyoAni. Not to mention that we're not even close to being at the end of this series. It's just too early to tell whether Kyoukai no Kanata will be a flop or not.

By the way, Free actually ended up doing okay because of the female audience it pulled. Chuunibyou season 2 has already been announced as well...KyoAni will be around, don't worry.
Oct 22, 2013 8:24 AM

May 2013
I think there would be no problems for KyoAni because of the fangirls of Free!.. But I really need some hyouka again haha! And KnK just recently aired so we still cant say if it will flop or be a success.
Tch.
Oct 23, 2013 2:55 PM

Jan 2013
30k copies of Free and kyo ani is dead.

Holy fuck MAL is a den of morons.
Oct 23, 2013 3:03 PM

Dec 2007
SolviteSekai said:
30k copies of Free and kyo ani is dead.

Holy fuck MAL is a den of morons.

IKR, And I remember a similar thread was made when Free! was airing..a

And just so you know the latest KnK episode made a huge jump at #50 in Amazon stalker..
Oct 23, 2013 4:13 PM

Jul 2010
Even if this does flop, it wouldn't be the first time with KyoAni. Nichijou and Lucky Star flopped, too, when they first came out.

I'm enjoying KnK a lot so far and I hope it doesn't flop.
Oct 23, 2013 4:17 PM

Apr 2008
No.

I doubt that I company that can animate those great animations in Free are doing poorly.
No looping of animations.
Looping of animations shouldn't happen in regular anime, it's only ok in hentai :P (Looking at you Production IG with the looping in KnB s1 :P).

If an anime company is doing poorly, they can't afford to make as great animations as KyoAni does.
They wouldn't be able to afford the people who make those animations.
Or any of the staff they have.

Just look at the water animations in Free. They great. No other anime company makes water like that :P
And I highly doubt Free did poorly, or will do poorly once the blurays are released.
It's not just in the west there's yaoi fangirls :P

Edit: Forgot to mention. No I'm not a KyoAni fanboy. I HATED Hyouka, except for the festival arc. Great animations and fun arc.
I'm just stating facts ;)
FluffyDangoOct 23, 2013 4:30 PM

Oct 23, 2013 4:18 PM

Jan 2009
i bet it will do alright and it will not flop
Oct 23, 2013 4:21 PM

Aug 2011
Omf no. These threads should be illegal.

As for the question, of course not. One anime flops, and the entire studio is finished? What a joke.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

538 by __FK__ »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.