Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2013 6:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An alright movie overall I guess.

The movie runs about an hour but damn, that Julius guy reminds me of Lelouch with an eye patch. Action was decent although I was hoping for a bit more.

I'm somewhat impressed by this movie although I'm still not used to the OST yet. The fighting just keeps on continuing ;.;. I'm glad Reira has a right track in mind now though. Akito is pretty badass in this movie.

Not bad overall imo. I definitely see a continuation with this. Intense ending.
Stark700Oct 20, 2013 6:39 AM
Oct 20, 2013 6:44 AM

Nov 2007
The three still don't believe what she promised. From the escape, it was learned that Matsuoka-san's character bombed his classmates from getting treated badly and met guild. The three keep rebelling.

Wow, that red? brown? hair guy from Britannia? is crazy. During the fight, the power (the same power that Lulu has) controlled Akito and went berserk, which affected others, too. The power is given by someone from Britannia, who is his brother. He came to pick him up, but Akito wanted to kill him.

Suzaku with someone very higher up who sounds like Lulu from being the same seiyuu (saying something about returning)...

tsubasaloverOct 20, 2013 7:21 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 20, 2013 12:03 PM

Apr 2010
Actually
Oct 20, 2013 7:46 PM
Feb 2012
i loved it.
I need more.
Oct 21, 2013 8:58 AM

Sep 2010
I don't know Japanese so why did Yukiya, Ayano, and Ryo all have the same geass effect as Akito? I think Sophie mentioned something about a "Brain Raid"?

Well there goes one of Ashley's men from his harem must have been the main one with the look on his face after the guy died. xD Speaking of which Ashley is all I ever wanted and more when I first saw his appearance in the PV. Can't wait to see him in action the next episode and hopefully the last one!

Judging from the episode they changed things around from the PV like CC's cameo or Ryo holding a rifle towards Akito's head wasn't in this movie.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 21, 2013 12:04 PM

Oct 2012
Totally loved this movie. The good point is that there isn't too much drama, that it concentrates on the fights.

And that psychotic look on Akitos face when he was talking with his commander .... just gotta love those looks,
Oct 21, 2013 12:24 PM
Oct 2013
that guy in the end. He is - IMO - in fact, lelouch.
Why you ask me ?
The covered eye is the eye lelouch had he's geass on. He looks like lelouch and as far as I'm able to recognize the voice is the same. In that train suzaku looks at him with despise. Since the emperor is looking for C.C. he might as well have used his geass to change lelouch's memory into thinking that he's that julius - or whatever he is called - guy.
Oct 21, 2013 10:45 PM

Mar 2012
Whatever complaints I had about the first episode, they basically disappeared at the end of this one. This second episode did well to direct the series onto the overall plot and it did two things simultaneously. First, it showed us how the team came to form this peculiar bond. Second, it brought us into the intrigue and conflict going on around the characters. Not surprisingly, it seems like both Akito and Shin have their own goals in mind not yet revealed to the audience. We also find out that Akito seems to have survived the death of his entire family only because he was able to resist Shin's Geass. It looks like Akito's Geass has something related to mind synchronization, though it'll probably be explained better later on.

That masked man is certainly Lelouch. However, Lelouch is supposed to have recovered all his past memories in R2, so he should've remembered this and he obviously didn't. Either they find a way to explain this or we can consider the possibility that Sunrise has decided to retconn this part in.

On a wholly unrelated note, what the freaking random service from Leila as she puts on her combat gear...It's nice to see the way she interacts with Akito though. She's obviously developing some feelings for him but his mind is wholly preoccupied with something else. Very much looking forward to the next episode.
zannettOct 21, 2013 10:54 PM
Oct 23, 2013 6:23 AM

Apr 2010
tezann_t said:

However, Lelouch is supposed to have recovered all his past memories in R2, so he should've remembered this and he obviously didn't. Either they find a way to explain this or we can consider the possibility that Sunrise has decided to retconn this part in.

Because plot takes place between R1 and R2. After R1 Emperor rewrited Lelouch memories, so thats why he doesnt remember about his past etc
Oct 25, 2013 10:12 AM

Apr 2010
And this is the most awaiting OVA int the all universe and nobody translates it.. Why ><
Oct 25, 2013 6:04 PM

Jan 2012
Is this out for subs?
Oct 27, 2013 12:17 PM

Sep 2007
Indeed, where are the subs?
My Signature Is Signature.
Oct 27, 2013 4:47 PM

Feb 2013
That last quarter of the episode was really epic imho. Really brought back some that Code Geass "greatness" . Hope the next ovas only improve. Akito is a badass!
Oct 30, 2013 1:32 PM
Jul 2012
CAC said:
Indeed, where are the subs?

Agreed. Is it out yet?
Oct 31, 2013 6:29 PM
Jul 2007
The LQ raw has been out for ages... no one has subbed it yet as far as I know.
Oct 31, 2013 10:20 PM

Nov 2007
BD and DVD officially releases on December 25, 2013, so it might be that sub is waiting after that to be released.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 3, 2013 1:17 AM

Apr 2009
Just wait for BDs. The current raw doesn't have very good frame rates.
Nov 4, 2013 9:26 PM
Jul 2007
Nilvius said:
Just wait for BDs. The current raw doesn't have very good frame rates.

If that's the case, looks like another couple months then :/.
Nov 5, 2013 4:16 AM

Apr 2010
have a mercy >< we want to see now :'(
Nov 12, 2013 7:51 AM

Jul 2012
tsubasalover said:
BD and DVD officially releases on December 25, 2013, so it might be that sub is waiting after that to be released.

BD of this will have official english subtitles

I really surprised that no fansubs group do the current raw, though. Since the previous movie has the 1st fan sub released in less than a week after the webrip version available on Internet :(
Nov 19, 2013 7:00 AM

Apr 2010
Really.. Even Madoka's ugly camprip was subbed... But why nobody subs Code Geass O__O
Dec 23, 2013 6:29 AM

Mar 2010
OMG IT WAS SO AMAZING. Can't wait to see the next movie!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2013 12:51 PM

Aug 2010
Finally subs :D
Dec 30, 2013 4:10 PM

Jan 2009
Dat golden centaur knightmare tho.
Sorry for grammar mistakes(if any), english is not my native language. Feel free to correct me if you see some.
Dec 30, 2013 4:39 PM

Jan 2008
He's back!

Does it ever feel like ages since the last OVA came out...now the wait for the next one will be a test of endurance.
Dec 30, 2013 5:00 PM

May 2013
The fighting scenes were awesome. I thought that Akito's brother's knightmare looked cool too.
Dec 30, 2013 7:19 PM

Jan 2011
Just like the first movie at the start I don't really feel it, but then it ends up just pulling me in.

Also I'm about 99% sure that Julius is Lelouch, only 99% because I know Code Geass loves to use characters who look suspiciously similar to Lelouch in spinoffs.
Dec 30, 2013 7:24 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, really amazing episode. Those fighting scenes were just enjoyable to watch. Didn't know that Akito has a big brother, though consider them as opponents.

Nice 1 hour special :D Been awhile since I watch the first episode.

Dec 30, 2013 9:00 PM
Dec 2010
I was hoping that C.C. was going to show like when the preview of the first movie did. I wasn't expecting Lelouch to pop up. That was a surprise to me.
Dec 30, 2013 9:26 PM

Aug 2012
wazzup with the end... they all became belly dancing gurlz o_O

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Dec 30, 2013 10:30 PM

Dec 2013
Really love the fighting, awesome anime. Imagine how much better Akito would be if he had a better machine.
ImTheGuyDec 31, 2013 7:42 AM
Eh
Dec 30, 2013 10:35 PM

Aug 2010
This movie was pretty sweet. Hes back!
Dec 30, 2013 10:36 PM

Nov 2009
Julius Kingsley? Is this on the same timeline as Lelouch of there rebellion?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2013 11:32 PM

Sep 2011
Wait, what? Since this takes place around the time after S1, we have to assume that Lelouch's memory has been altered for him to participate in this war. Assuming this, after all this is over, Lelouch's memory will be wiped again from where R2 starts to be an innocent student

Therefore, Charles altered his memory more than once in order to use his tactical expertise which he was so good at doing.
TyrelApr 26, 2015 2:49 AM
Dec 30, 2013 11:59 PM

Feb 2012
Isn't there a rule where you can't use geass on the same person twice? It's probably Lelouch though and is brainwashed.
Dec 31, 2013 12:02 AM

Sep 2011
giganta said:
Isn't there a rule where you can't use geass on the same person twice? It's probably Lelouch though and is brainwashed.

Is there? I don't remember, so a source would be nice xD.
Dec 31, 2013 12:18 AM

Jan 2008
The limits of Lelouch's Geass do not apply to everyone else's Geass.

Otherwise, Rolo and Mao couldn't have multi-use Geass powers.

At this point, everything is just speculation though.
Dec 31, 2013 12:39 AM

Sep 2012
Oh Lelou- I mean Julius Kingsley, it's been far too long.

Loving how Ryo, Naruse and Kosaka are starting to warm up to them. I want to see how Suzuku and Lelouch Julius Kingsley plays are part in the next ep

Where was C.C? She was in the preview ;_;
Dec 31, 2013 12:49 AM

Apr 2007
Tyrel said:
Wait what, since this takes place around the time after S1, we assume that Lelouch's memory has be altered for him to participate in this war. Assuming this, after all this is over, Lelouch's memory will be wiped again from where R2 starts to be an innocent student

Therefore, Charles altered his memory more than once in order to use his tactical expertise which he was so good at doing.

my thoughts aswell
Dec 31, 2013 1:04 AM

Dec 2009
Am I the ONLY person who noticed the ridiculously amazing sound editing this episode had? The effects of distance and environment on the battle effects was fucking stunning. The screenplay and fight scenes were also expertly done but holy hell THOSE SOUND EFFECTS.

Too bad the plot is bad fanfic tier.
Your favorite anime is shit.
Dec 31, 2013 3:53 AM
Jul 2007
I honestly didn't think it was worth the wait, but it was a decent movie. I'm not a fan of the jazz. If they had stuck with the epic Geass soundtrack from the TV series, it would be a 10/10 for me. I liked the additional stuff they are adding to the universe, but like I said, I don't like the jazz. It gives off a completely different aura with the jazz compared to the TV series, and I have not seen any good reason to change it up like that after waiting for this for 2 years, and there are more movies yetl to come out.
eraltergDec 31, 2013 3:57 AM
Dec 31, 2013 4:28 AM

Dec 2013
This oav is so awesome.
Need more !

So It's now confirmed: Lelouch wasn't died.

And yes Akito is so Badass.
Dec 31, 2013 5:03 AM

Aug 2012
For those that still dont belive Julius Kingsley is Lelouch, he is even voiced by the same voice actor, plus Susaku shows hatred towards him. The only person Susaku hates is Lelouch for killing Euphy and i believe he is brainwashed yes. The only thing i dont understand is: if he is brainwashed can he be brainwashed again so that he is a normal student again?

Theanime535 said:
This oav is so awesome.
Need more !

So It's now confirmed: Lelouch wasn't died.

And yes Akito is so Badass.

@Theanime535 nah dude, this happened before the end of R2.
ThechaserDec 31, 2013 5:07 AM
Dec 31, 2013 5:47 AM

Sep 2008
superzombie23 said:
I'm not a fan of the jazz. If they had stuck with the epic Geass soundtrack from the TV series, it would be a 10/10 for me.

I'm sorry to say this but... in original Code Geass series there was jazz too lol .. a LOT OF jazz in every action scene :3 so yup - they're sticking with the feel of original soundtrack :3

I liked it a lot.. and LOL can't belive that someone thought that Julius isn't Lelouch XD of course HE IS him.. they wouldn't make a character so similiar to Lulu with eyepatch in the same place and with the same voice actor :P
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Dec 31, 2013 7:24 AM

Apr 2010
I think next movie will be better : D
Dec 31, 2013 7:47 AM
Mar 2013
beautiful T_T
Dec 31, 2013 7:54 AM

Sep 2011
Dat Leila fan service. Oh wait, that's not what matters here.

So... what the flying fuck on that Akito's "curse"(Not sure what was that called again) shared to other Elevens.

Anyway, so is he really Lelouch? Even the MAL says he's here, therefore that guy is Lelouch.

Dec 31, 2013 9:33 AM

May 2013
Damn, that was epic.
Akito's big brother has a beast looking Knightmare, if that's what it is.
Lelouch at the end? I wonder what he's planning.
Dec 31, 2013 9:47 AM

Sep 2011
Leagues better than the first movie, still would have preferred an anime series, this one year wait is a painful burden to bear.

Sweet CG animation, the action scenes were absolutely fantastic, for a full 20 minutes or so. The beginning was confusing as hell during the friendly-fire, I had no idea who was who, took me awhile to get adjusted. Luckily during the latter battles with the enemy units, it was easier to catch with the on-goings.

I figured he was the brother of Akito from the first movie's flashback events, no shock there but I still want to know what and why there is a rivalry between the Hyuga's.

Hope they explain the Geass too, either Akito used the Geass on the three Eleven secretly beforehand or this is some new Geass phenomenon.

I couldn't believe that the three Eleven's just jumped out of their cock-pits and ran away to safety, and they just got owned by the Knightmare Frames. Seems the enemy are kind to non-robot units.

I guess the strategist mind-blowing scenes will drop in the 3rd entry with Lelouch taking the pedestal. That will something to really look forward to, Lelouch commands vs Akito, boy oh boy.

Beautiful song with nice imagery, the only time you see smiles and good-times.

The short preview for 3rd movie, if that's what I think it is then it was weird, they went all Gypsy.

Overall, 8/10.
Dec 31, 2013 10:12 AM

Jun 2007
It's already largely known that Akito the Exiled takes place between R1 and R2. At the start of R2, the EU was in the verge of collapse/disintegration, and if I remember correctly, the EU was actually taken into the fold of the Britannian Empire within the first five episodes; in fact, further into R2, the EU as it exists now in Akito was wiped off the map (as a different color of course)

I wonder if it's safe to assume that Pendragon is in Russia, or at least in the vicinity of St. Petersburg? I always thought it was in what would be the USA.

Anyway, I'm seeing that the basic assumption/hypothesis is that Lelouch (there is no doubt in my mind that it isn't) has already been to Pendragon, brought before the Emperor, and been brainwashed by Charles's geass. Meaning, that has been brainwashed to act as Julius Kingsley, and will be brought before the Emperor a second time to become the Lelouch in the first episode of R2.

There's actually a second possibility: Lelouch as he appears in Akito the Exiled is one who has not yet been brought before the Emperor and had his memory erased. When he first appeared in R2 as the brainwashed Lelouch, there was no need to cover his eye and did not wear one (he only wore the geass-shielding contact after he regained his memories), so why cover his eye now? Which leads me to think it's possible that Lulu has been forced to act as Julius under some sort of binding order (such as threatening Nunnally/revealing who abducted Nunnally and the chance of releasing her if he complies). After all, Suzaku, who's constantly guarding Lelouch, is now immune from Lelouch's geass, and Lelouch cannot beat Suzaku, so he's in checkmate. Also, since the EU theater is so close to Pendragon, once Lulu has been all used up, the emperor can do his thing; Lulu and Suzaku probably took a plane to Vladivostok and are taking the train west towards Europe or something.

The scene where Lulu is crying out for water is an odd scene, especially after his drastic emotional change when coming out of the train. It's not as if Lulu has never played the dramatic actor act before---so there could be a connection there, that Lulu is tormented by the development at the end of R1, but has not had his memory erased (yet) and is forced to act as Julius (probably to crush the entire EU theater and bring them to surrender, as Emperor Charles obviously would know that Lelouch is unparalleled in military strategy).

It's all conjecture, but there are enough subtle things going on that would make Lulu simply getting his memory wiped twice a bit too simple. One hole in my theory is that in when Suzaku brings Lelouch before the emperor, Lulu was still in his school uniform (or was it his Zero suit?). But then again, that's only a cosmetic issue; they could always do away with that ex post facto. We'll just have to wait and see.
Kjeldoran109Dec 31, 2013 10:29 AM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Holy crap this series was a waste of beautiful Clamp character designs

MortalMelancholy - Dec 31, 2017

2 by LeonhartAugust »»
Oct 15, 2018 1:46 PM

» Lelouch?

animetyphoon88 - Apr 10, 2015

2 by Blarey »»
Aug 25, 2015 4:59 PM

» Julius Kingsley is..... (We know)

Renaultclio101 - Jan 25, 2014

3 by ToshiroChan »»
Dec 1, 2014 3:24 AM

» code geass akito the exiled lelouch theories

andrew123827 - Jun 29, 2014

1 by Tyrel »»
Jun 29, 2014 2:35 AM

» Question about Akito's brother Geass

Allenkilla1 - Jan 24, 2014

3 by Asfaria »»
Jan 24, 2014 9:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.