Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 19, 2013 7:50 PM

Mar 2012
oh shit the mom
Oct 19, 2013 9:52 PM

Dec 2007
So, what happened to Hozuki's goldfish? Is it dead?

Yeah, THAT'S what I'm worried about.
Oct 19, 2013 10:09 PM

Jun 2012
So she did have candy on her! xD
Hozuki was amazing, storming a police station. Haha, locks on to their heads, shoots at the ground in front of them. Well, it's certainly a lot better than killing them.

Elite60 said:
Man Hozuki builds things to take some major damage.

"I built it to fly to Japan someday", haha as if, she built it for these very moments where she can engage in combat. It's just so obvious xD

I know it's the 3rd episode, but that character design is just so beautiful. Looking forward to another episode ^^

Oct 19, 2013 11:21 PM

Jan 2011
the real gold fish died? and their mama...

when pirates can come to your house, u know the cops are involved
Oct 20, 2013 12:12 AM

Apr 2012
Really interesting conspiracy theory with Galielio's treasure. I always like to watch stuff like that. Everyone is really involved now and so lets see who'll win this race to reach the treasure first! IF that's the way this anime will go, can't be too sure how this anime wants to play it out. Lots of potential to be my favorite this season though.

Glad to see the females in this anime can kick some butt. Hozuki with her mechs and now Kazuki and Anna with some martial arts and pepper spray haha ;) And well Hazuki too, with her dangerous law mouth lol

Oct 20, 2013 10:27 AM

Mar 2013
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that the animators don't know how a wrench works? 25 seconds into the OP, it shows Hozuki trying to turn a bolt with a non-ratcheting wrench by moving it back and forth without taking if off the bolt. That just moves the bolt back and forth a bit, without actually turning it!
Oct 20, 2013 1:46 PM

Oct 2012
I'm liking Hozuki more and more. Not only is she kawaii, but also such a genius :D

Oct 20, 2013 2:59 PM
Jul 2013
What happend to the real goldfish lol?

That was a good episode. Nice actions scenes too.
:)
Oct 20, 2013 5:35 PM

Jun 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
DeviFreakMint said:
The entire premise of this show is that the Galileo family is a group of super geniuses. That was established in the first episode, so that Houzaki can build a skyfish by the age of 10 or so is a state of nature, that is what supergeniuses do, talking about "disbelief" here is idiotic. It's like watching the Lord of the Rings and staying "I can't believe this because it has elves".

As for the mini-fish. Again, nature of the super genius to build things. Given what Houzaki's goal for her skyfish was it isn't surprising that she would have something to allow her to do EVA.

I know that this show isn't for everyone, if you don't like the whole concept, don't watch it. But don't whine about the premise of the show for well following the premise of the show. It makes you sound like a moron.
I kind of agree with the other things you said... but just because they're a family of "super geniuses" doesn't mean we can just assume that everything they do makes sense because they're gods among men. It doesn't hurt to use your brain sometimes, rather than just assume it all makes sense, and we're just not intelligent enough to understand it... that makes one look moronic. Super genius doesn't have anything to do with being resourceful, or experienced. I have no doubts she has the smarts to build it... but truly there are some things that don't add up. Where did she get the parts for it? She certainly couldn't have the money to get it. How the hell did she manage to get that kind of firepower, sure it's possible that she made it, but again where'd she get the materials, she's certainly not old enough for anyone to sell it to her. Even she's not smart enough, nor experienced enough to just convince people to sell it to a 10 year old girl through the black market.

And the biggest question, is how in the world could she possibly have lifted even half of the things it would have taken to build it? With help, I could easily imagine it happening... but she would have had to drive or be driven to various parts stores, had to somehow manage to load them up on her vehicle, then take them out, haul them to the shed, and hold / lift them up while putting the pieces together. Sure she could have built mechanisms to hold them up and all... but even a super genius is limited with a 10 year old body, all by themself. And there's also the fact that she did all of it without the notice of her mother.

Personally, this doesn't stop me from enjoying the show. But a truly great series should provide information to make you believe that these things could possibly be sensible for her to do by this series' logic. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but thus far we haven't been shown anything to believe that she could build something of that caliber... all we know is that she has some advanced shit that we were told she made, we need to be shown some things. Saying she's a super genius is easy enough, but I'd like to see how she's a super genius... not just that she knows how to use her equipment and fire guns, and follow her gold fish's instructions (when a gold fish needs to explain strategy to you, that's the opposite of intelligence).
HalibelTheEspadaOct 20, 2013 5:40 PM
Oct 20, 2013 7:19 PM

Aug 2010
Random Thoughts:

• What is this Galileo Tesoro, must be something extremely important for so many people to be after it. The plot so far reminds me a bit of Hollywood movies like National Treasure or even Indiana Jones.

• Not sure if I trust this Anna Hendricks character, she says the right things but really she could just be after the Tesoro for her own gain.

• That was a pretty effective move that Kazuki used against the agent, wonder where she learned that from.

• Do the parents own some kind of industrial/mechanical manufacturing plant, I find it hard to believe Hozuki built something of that size in a simple workshop.

• Character design looks a lot like SAO’s and no wonder the same key character designer (Shingo Adachi) is working on this series.

Full blog post here
Oct 21, 2013 8:56 AM

Feb 2013
vonPeterhof said:
But most importantly, DID THE GOLDFISH SURVIVE OR NOT???!!!! GRRR, THE UNCERTAINTY IS KILLING ME!!!!
No kidding. I'm like, "get that fish to some water!"

... too childish for my taste, dropping.
Oct 21, 2013 8:57 AM

Oct 2011
OMG NOOOOOOO!
Oct 21, 2013 9:39 AM
Oct 2012
HalibelTheEspada said:
I kind of agree with the other things you said... but just because they're a family of "super geniuses" doesn't mean we can just assume that everything they do makes sense because they're gods among men. It doesn't hurt to use your brain sometimes, rather than just assume it all makes sense, and we're just not intelligent enough to understand it... that makes one look moronic.

Stories have an inside and an outside, you can question about the inside, but not about the outside because that is a state of nature of the worldview that you have to accept. As an example of an outside thing: in SnK you have to accept that the Titans are creatures that automatically regenerate and that the mass needed for the humans to transform into titans spontaneously appears. You have to assume it is true, or you should just quit watching the show. To argue about such things is pointless and stupid.

An example of an internal thing one can question would be gasoline. In SnK the 3d gear is powered by gasoline, but gasoline is used nowhere else in the series, and none of the byproducts of making gasoline are used either. To make this right the author does need to explain why this is the case because it was his decision to use gasoline (as opposed to some magical fuel) and so this is an internal question to the show.

For G-Donna, that Houzaki is a super genius is the premise to the entire show. That she could build a skyfish is just accepted. It's like Alice finding a rabbit hole leading to wonderland. That said this show had done a very good job at explaining so accepting this doesn't even require an assumption.

It has been shown that Skyfish are extremely common (so common that street signs are on the roof), and it has been explained that Houzaki has always been obsessed, even taking apart her mother's skyfish when she was under 7 years old. This means that building a skyfish is just this world's extension of someone building an automobile in their garage today (so that answers the parts question, they are common). They even explained why Houzaki's skyfish is so much more powerful (she found plans for it - she did not "invent it") and why it was armed (she knew about pirates (and in a world where there are so many pirates able to fly around at will, this would suggest that defense is more personalized, meaning access to weapons far easier) and was planning to go to Japan (which is a great example of foreshadowing on at least three levels - remember this one because it will explain several upcoming events). And all this in just two episodes.

So far from overtaxing one's suspension of disbelief, this show has made it very easy to do this, if you are willing to pay attention and think a little.
Oct 21, 2013 2:02 PM

Jul 2010
What the hell, Mama aka Milf Galilei already dead?
Also, I hope Papa Galilei doesn't die.
Oct 21, 2013 7:52 PM
Oct 2012
Akanezora said:
What the hell, Mama aka Milf Galilei already dead?
Also, I hope Papa Galilei doesn't die.

If I were English, and consequently a betting man (I love that British bookmakers will take odds on anything), I would say that that neither parent is dead. While both parents have accepted Houzaki's quirk, there are still the other two daughters who need affirmation. This alone would require the parent's continual existence. Plus, would the parents who spawned the genius who is Houzaki's genius die so simply. I say neh. Neh!
Oct 21, 2013 8:49 PM

Aug 2012
I believe Hozuki's Galileo was strong enough to protect her father from that RPG.. and probably Mama was faking her death?

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Oct 22, 2013 1:20 PM

Jan 2012
What a good anime!

Always nice to see anime in which the girls do more than scream or whine about the main (male) character's awesomeness
Oct 22, 2013 3:05 PM

Jul 2013
This anime is fantastic so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2013 6:06 PM

Jul 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
This could go 1 of 2 ways: 1) the universe is actually heliocentric and this has been covered up by the government. Possible given the myth of Galileo's trial (the trial wasn't the myth, but what most people think about it is), that would be fine, but I am sort of hoping that the world IS geocentric. That would require some really fun and creative writing to pull off.

You do realize that... Government can't cover up something that you can literally determine simply by looking? All you need is a telescope and some fancy math. And in an age when you can have your own personal mech, I doubt that's a problem.

@HalibelTheEspada
How she got the parts and assembled the goldfish is explained in the dialogue, her mother mentions the prototype factory; and it's already been established that their family makes mechs and stuff... So basically all she did was find the blueprints, crack the factory code, and sneak out during the night to build the mech there. Surely, it is a bit questionable how she managed to hide it for 3 years, but I can only assume it's due to her family being a mess and no one giving a crap about what's she doing.
Oct 22, 2013 10:06 PM

Sep 2011
just when i thought they're living quite a "content" life with both parents still alive, and heck childrens' lives are messed up now

Anna girl is rly suspicious to me just because she is grouped with the paper guy and the red-head guy in the op theme. i still dont know their names.
Oct 22, 2013 11:09 PM

Jan 2011
TeNShIkA said:
just when i thought they're living quite a "content" life with both parents still alive, and heck childrens' lives are messed up now

Anna girl is rly suspicious to me just because she is grouped with the paper guy and the red-head guy in the op theme. i still dont know their names.
Or it could just be that they represent three factions who are out after the treasure. At this point I would say we only know that the ones who have subverted the police are evil, since both Anna and the sky pirate don't seem to be nearly as ready to kill people to get their way. Another interesting point was Hozuki did not trust Anna enough to say anything about the fact that she'd obviously seen and still has the seventh sketch--makes me think she might be a super-genius after all. And as another poster said earlier, if I were a betting man I'd be hurrying my way down to Ladbrokes to lay a fiver that both parents are still alive.
rodacOct 22, 2013 11:14 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 23, 2013 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The five stars does not deserve, too boring the first part of the episode, the narrative slow and stupid! Enough with the words, throw them, then in Italian you can not listen to the Japanese! XD
Fortunately, the "music" changes in the second part, I could not believe it when I saw the mecha in the shape of goldfish too! ASD
Technically it is spectacular, but they can not continue with a story like that, give yourself a straightened!
Plot fugitive ... always with this "tesssooooorrrrooooo of Galileo!" What the hell, also spoken of another, come on! :)

Episode deserved maximum 3/5, but the ending is 4/5! ;)
Oct 23, 2013 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
Judging from the first episode when the pirates attacked them I thought that it wont get any more serious. That goldfish mecha :o

I wonder if their mom is really dead.
Oct 23, 2013 6:55 PM
Oct 2012
Electromaster said:
You do realize that... Government can't cover up something that you can literally determine simply by looking? All you need is a telescope and some fancy math. And in an age when you can have your own personal mech, I doubt that's a problem.

But you really can't determine this by merely looking. If merely looking was required then the ancients would have figured it out before the birth of Christ. They understood the theory, the problem was that the facts supported the Geocentric version better until Copernicus. It really wasn't that obvious.

That said, you are correct, if this show proves to be completely logical then you are right and the detailed measurements they should be capable of should have solved the stellar parallax paradox. But we don't know if the show will go that deep (and lets be honest you, me and probably 2 other people would care if it didn't), and the writers can easily pretend that no one got this point until the secret is revealed.

That that said, this is why I am hoping that this universe is really geocentric. It would be more fun.
Oct 24, 2013 7:50 AM

Oct 2013
3/5.

Well, sorta liked the first episode better. Maybe because I spent the whole time in this episode wondering "Hey, what about the fish? Is he gonna be okay? Did Hozuki just forget about him? Is he gonna get more screentime?" and the sort. I didn't get an answer, though. Wich was bad. The fish was my favorite character.

So, in general, a watchable anime. The animation is good and all, but I'm not quite excited. I hope it does get better, yet I wouldn't mind if the mom is really dead. (Maybe that would give it an impulse.)

Waiting for the next.
"Do you like anyone?"
"I like myself!"
Oct 27, 2013 9:52 AM

Sep 2012
What happened to the goldfish Hozuki tried to save?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 10, 2013 7:52 PM

Jan 2013
The characters in this anime are kinda... Garbage. I like the OP and animation though.
Nov 29, 2013 12:14 PM

May 2013
how high is the budget for this anime? the animation and art is amazing.
also im starting to like the concept and storyline of the anime. it is rather intetresting.
and their mom was shot dead T_T
Nov 30, 2013 7:55 PM

Apr 2012
koudez said:
DAFUQ HAPPENED TO HOZUKI'S GOLDFISH?! I NEED CLOSURE DAMMIT!!!

You should be more worried about her mother, who was presumably shot in the head...
Dec 5, 2013 10:27 AM

Jan 2012
seems like hozuki is the brains and pretty much everything else out of the three girls so far, hope the other two have their time to shine! lot of action, but hope the parents are all right, so sad if they lost their mum and dad in the space of ONE episode :( the tone was a lot more even this episode and im starting to understand the plot a little bit more (not AS confused as i was during the first episode)
Dec 20, 2013 3:19 AM
Feb 2009
wht the actual fck
Jan 10, 2014 2:50 AM

Oct 2012
Poor Hozuki.. The burden seems to be too much for her
Anyway I don't know what to expect
I enjoyed so no problem at all~

O-Divine-Demon said:
koudez said:
DAFUQ HAPPENED TO HOZUKI'S GOLDFISH?! I NEED CLOSURE DAMMIT!!!

You should be more worried about her mother, who was presumably shot in the head...

No goldfish is importanter.. eh more important xD
No hole.. So I guess & I hope not
"Signature removed"
Feb 11, 2014 6:06 AM

Sep 2011
Man this episode was pretty awesome, I'm really enjoying this!

The OP is pretty damn catchy as well. =p
Jul 20, 2014 11:29 AM

Jan 2012
so... the bad guys want the treasure

brb let's find it before (for) them instead

strong female logic

that anna bish is clearly a bad guy.... she'll turn into a good guy after spending time with the girls

yawn/10
Sep 10, 2014 3:59 AM

Oct 2013
wtf goldfish mechasuit XD
o dam RIP their mom D: wtf happened
[/quote]
Dec 16, 2014 3:03 AM

Feb 2013
Did the mother die?! This anime is very original. I don' t get why this is rated R - 17+. Nothing so far can justify this. Well, the mother getting shot can kinda justify it. I wonder what the treasure really is and why a lot of people are after it. How can this little girl build all of this mecha stuff?!
Jul 19, 2015 11:31 PM

Nov 2014
The only thing I could think about the whole time was WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GOLDFISH?!?!
Feb 22, 2016 12:14 PM
Sep 2015
Galileo? That Hozuki looks more like the descendant of Tony Stark!
Oct 24, 2017 10:41 PM

Apr 2009
Built all by yourself in three years in the prototyping lab? Well sh!t, blow me in the goddamned airlock as I've no use for my life now!

Tesoro? The closest Google Translation got me that makes sense was treasure...the Galileo inheritance which what everyone outside their family was explicitly babbling and seeking. Sky Pirates, the police, Sylvia's company or her boss and his son, where does Anna Hedricks come into this as I'm not buying her story? And where's the Italian mafia, unless they all somehow turned into Sky Pirates too?

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

160 by andreariona »»
Nov 3, 2020 5:04 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

91 by Vindicater »»
Jul 12, 2019 7:20 PM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

79 by Vindicater »»
Jul 9, 2019 10:24 PM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

56 by Vindicater »»
Jul 6, 2019 3:13 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

114 by Liddo-kun »»
Mar 18, 2019 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.