Forum Settings
Forums

Browser Card Battle Game 'Kantai Collection -KanColle-' to Get TV Anime Adaptation Due Summer 2014

New
Sep 26, 2013 5:55 AM

Sep 2012

At the media event "Kadokawa Game Studio Media Briefing 2013 Autumn" held today at Tokyo Kokusai Forum, it was announced that the online browser card battle game "Kantai Collection -KanColle-" (Fleet Collection) will get a TV anime adaptation. It was also announced that the game will get a spinoff, named "KanColle Kai", on PlayStation Vita platform. The anime is targeted to be released in summer 2014. Staff information has not been disclosed yet, although it has been made clear that the same cast from the game will continue their roles in the anime.

KanColle was created by Kadokawa Games and distributed by DMM. It is a card based military simulation game that runs on a free-to-play freemium model. The cards are naval vessels from WWII Japan with attributes based historical data and anthropomorphized as cute girls named "Kanmusu" (艦娘 Warship Girl). The player undertakes the role of an "admiral" and needs to build, repair, and train the personified warships and then send them to complete various missions, gaining points and resources in the process which in turn can be used to raise the level of the fleet or acquire new kanmusu cards. Throughout the game, the player has various opportunities to interact with the kanmusu, giving them instructions as well as receiving reports and hearing issues from them.

The game was released on April 23, 2013 and the original plan was to target 100,000 registered users; however, by word-of-mouth, the game grew at phenomenal speed which often resulted in capacity issue as demand got too high and new servers could not be added in time to cope. By mid-July, over 200,000 users registered, which doubled to 400,000 at mid-August. The latest figure released on September 15th had that number doubled again to 800,000, and it has inspired a large number of fan arts and doujin creations already. There was also an "official anthology comic" released mid-September and currently there is a 4-koma manga being serialized on the online manga site Famitsu Comic Clear. Three light novels and more manga adaptations have also been announced earlier this month.

Part of the cast information (only part of the seiyuu cast in the game has been disclosed):

Aircraft Carrier Akagi - Fujita Saki
Aircraft Carrier Kaga - Iguchi Yuka
Aircraft Carrier Shoukaku - Nomizu Iori
Light Aircraft Carrier Zuihou - Komatsu Mana
Aerial Battleship Hyuuga - Ootsubo Yuka
Aerial Battleship Ise - Ootsubo Yuka
Battleship Yamato - Taketatsu Ayana
Battlecruiser Haruna - Touyama Nao
Heavy Cruiser Mogami - Suzaki Aya
Heavy Cruiser Myoukou - Taneda Risa
Heavy Cruiser Mikuma - Nakajima Megumi
Light Cruiser Tenryuu - Iguchi Yuka
Light Cruiser Tatsuta - Iguchi Yuka
Light Cruiser Kitakami - Ootsubo Yuka
Light Cruiser Ooi - Ootsubo Yuka
Light Cruiser Yuubari - Sarah Emi Bridcut
Destroyer Fubuki - Uesaka Sumire
Destroyer Mutsuki - Hidaka Rina
Destroyer Shimakaze - Sakura Ayane
Destroyer Maikaze - Sarah Emi Bridcut
Destroyer Isonami - Uesaka Sumire
Destroyer Shikinami - Touyama Nao
Submarine I-58, I-168 - Nakajima Megumi

Kan Colle game website: http://www.kadokawagames.co.jp/KanColle/
Kan Colle PS Vita game website: http://www.kancolle-vita.com/
Kan Colle wiki (Japanese): http://wikiwiki.jp/kancolle/?%B4%CF%C1%A5
Kan Colle Anime official website: http://kancolle-anime.jp/

Source: Famitsu, Inside-games, KanColle official Twitter

Kantai Collection: Kan Colle on MAL
myanimelistllcFeb 14, 2016 12:27 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 26, 2013 6:10 AM

Feb 2012
Not that surprising after the barrage of manga and LN adaptations~
Sep 26, 2013 6:11 AM

Jul 2011
I get to know about KanColle from the amounts of fan arts lol. Looking forward to it!
Sep 26, 2013 6:14 AM

Sep 2012
HauntingShock said:
Not that surprising after the barrage of manga and LN adaptations~
I think it is more the speed that the project gets greenlighted that is surprising. Unlike manga or LN the resource and labor mobilization for anime is much greater. It seems Kadokawa is seriously pushing the franchise on all fronts in full drive now.

One side benefit of this breaking news is that through the research of the news and the topic, I ended up finding a lot more great KanColle fan arts X-D

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 26, 2013 6:16 AM
Sep 2012
So the anime will be like a naval version of Upotte!!

I'm already loving the cast in this. Hopefully this will be better than that Upotte and surprise me like Girls und Panzer.
Sep 26, 2013 6:23 AM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
So the anime will be like a naval version of Upotte!!
I'm already loving the cast in this. Hopefully this will be better than that Upotte and surprise me like Girls und Panzer.
I would say the game is like a mix of IdolM@ster, Girls und Panzer and Strike Witches, because like GirlPan it is pretty faithful to history when it comes to the attributes of the warships (in fact even the dialogues of the kanmusu reflect history) so the history and military buffs love it, just like GirlPan. On the other hand, it is like IdolM@ster where you recruit a bunch of girls and "produce" them, giving training in order to improve their professional/combat performance and then send them to concerts/missions. This creates a strong personal attachment to your ships/girls (I have read so many comments by players genuinely saddened by the loss of his ship/girl). Finally it is like Strike Witches with the anthropomorphizd all-female cast working as a team fighting some unknown and mysterious enemy.
symbvSep 26, 2013 6:30 AM

Sep 26, 2013 6:28 AM

Nov 2007
It was inevitable, but the speed at which this game has grown is truly monstrous. Truly this could become a new Touhou or Vocaloid at this rate.

Also there are like 10 characters voiced by Toyama Nao in this game, so I am certainly happy to see it grow.

I once again failed to get a spot in a server today ;_;
Sep 26, 2013 6:29 AM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
I would say the game is like a mix of IdolM@ster, Girls und Panzer and Strike Witches, because like GirlPan it is pretty faithful to history when it comes to the attributes of the warships (in fact even the dialogues of the kanmusu reflects history) so the history and military buffs love it, just like GirlPan. On the other hand, it is like IdolM@ster where you recruit a bunch of girls and "produce" them, giving training in order to improve their professional/combat performance and then send them to concerts/missions. This creates a strong personal attachment to your ships/girls (I have read so many comments by players genuinely saddened by the loss of his ship/girl). Finally it is like Strike Witches with the anthropomorphizd all-female cast working as a team fighting some unknown and mysterious enemy.
Never seen IdolM@ster, but I loved Girls und Panzer and liked Strike Witches, so this show is sounding more and more inciting to me. Given the Summer 2014 air date and how popular the game is, we can be sure that this will get a sizable budget. I do really hope that they don't just spend all that money on graphics and hardly any on plot and development. I'd hate it to turn out as stupid as it was in Vividred.
Sep 26, 2013 6:32 AM

Apr 2009
It's happening. A full season of cute Shimakaze doing fast things, oh boy.

People in the west are going to be wildly confused when this eclipses every other show next year in popularity.
Sep 26, 2013 6:33 AM
Sep 2012
game8910 said:
It was inevitable, but the speed at which this game has grown is truly monstrous. Truly this could become a new Touhou or Vocaloid at this rate.

Also there are like 10 characters voiced by Toyama Nao in this game, so I am certainly happy to see it grow.

I once again failed to get a spot in a server today ;_;
yeah, I noticed that too. Nao Toyoma has become another Ai Kayano in terms of how many roles she gets every season. I just hope that she'll branch out of her high school roles and not get typecast.

Amarrez said:
It's happening. A full season of cute Shimakaze doing fast things, oh boy.

People in the west are going to be wildly confused when this eclipses every other show next year in popularity.
I think the confusion has already started with this show:
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/09/18/belarusian-video-game-and-japanese-anime-with-german-title-brought-together-by-shared-love-of-tanks/

Mod Edit: Merged posts. Please do not double post.
LunaSep 26, 2013 8:33 AM
Sep 26, 2013 6:40 AM

Jun 2008
I think i know why it got an anime adaption...
Sep 26, 2013 6:44 AM

Sep 2012
game8910 said:

Most of the roles were not officially disclosed but fans recognized them anyway. And it is not just Touyama Nao, almost every seiyuu gets to voice a bunch of ships. At one count, Iguchi Yuka is voicing 8, Uesaka Sumire 8, Hidaka Rina 9, Sakura Ayane 9, Fujita Saki 7, Taneda Risa 7, Suzaki Aya 6 and so on...

AiCon said:
Nao Toyoma has become another Ai Kayano in terms of how many roles she gets every season. I just hope that she'll branch out of her high school roles and not get typecast.
The ships Touyama voices in KanColle are mostly heavy battleships which are represented by girls looking older than high school girls, so it could be a good break for her. Same with Ootsubo Yuka.

Sep 26, 2013 7:14 AM

Nov 2008
It's all going too fast for it's own good

First the game gets uber popular and it hasn't been that long either, then there's not 1 but 2 manga announced, a light novel as well, then the anime and game.

I've tried the game out but I wanted to get into this a lot if it headed on the PS Vita or 3DS.

I'm reading the manga currently, will get the game as pretty much my wish came true and will try the anime out.

Sep 26, 2013 7:40 AM

Oct 2007
Eh, "PlayStation Vista"? What is that? Never heard of it.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 26, 2013 7:44 AM

Jan 2011
Cute girls plus artillery? I'm liking that combo.

Card character design of every girl categorized by type: http://wikiwiki.jp/kancolle/?%B4%CF%CC%BC%A5%AB%A1%BC%A5%C9%B0%EC%CD%F72

VioLinkSep 26, 2013 8:09 AM
[center]
Sep 26, 2013 7:44 AM

Nov 2008
Siva said:
Eh, "PlayStation Vista"? What is that? Never heard of it.

I think he meant Vita.

Sep 26, 2013 7:45 AM

Feb 2011
A Battle Card Game with cute girls...

That's a skip for me, Fantasista Doll got me totally uninterested in the concept.
Sep 26, 2013 7:56 AM

Nov 2008
symbv said:
Kan Colle PS Vista game website: http://www.kancolle-vita.com/

So, PS Vitas are made by Microsoft now? But seriously, I'm just posting so that you can fix that typo. I can't blame you for making it, as that's pretty much the biggest non-chart news item I have ever seen on MAL

As for the news itself, moe warships anime probably won't appeal to me too much, but I suppose fans of the card game and moe military equipment in general will like it.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Sep 26, 2013 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
I might watch this, depends on how the first episode will go. Not too hyped about it though.
Sep 26, 2013 8:04 AM

Sep 2012
Hoppy said:
First the game gets uber popular and it hasn't been that long either, then there's not 1 but 2 manga announced, a light novel as well, then the anime and game.
It is not just one novel but at least three, all from different publishers.

From KanColle twitter on Sep 20th:

「艦これ」ノベライズ化プロジェクトのお知らせ! スニーカー文庫(角川書店)、ファンタジア文庫(富士見書房)、ファミ通文庫(eb!)で「艦これ」ノベライズ化プロジェクトが進行中!それぞれがフューチャーする「艦娘」の視点アプローチで展開予定です。詳細は続報をお待ちください!
https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/statuses/380921745315598337

One from Sneaker Bunko of Kadokawa, one from Fantasia Bunko of Fujimi Shobo and then one from Famitsu Bunko of Enterbrain!
symbvSep 26, 2013 8:18 AM

Sep 26, 2013 8:10 AM

Nov 2008
symbv said:
Hoppy said:
It is not just one novel but at least three, all from different publishers.

From KanColle twitter on Sep 20th:

「艦これ」ノベライズ化プロジェクトのお知らせ! スニーカー文庫(角川書店)、ファンタジア文庫(富士見書房)、ファミ通文庫(eb!)で「艦これ」ノベライズ化プロジェクトが進行中!それぞれがフューチャーする「艦娘」の視点アプローチで展開予定です。詳細は続報をお待ちください!
https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/statuses/380921745315598337

One from Sneaker Bunko of Kadokawa, one from Fantasia Bunko from Fujimi Shobo and then one from Famitsu Bunko from Enterbrain!

This has to be one of the better mixed media projects, there's so many options to get into the series outside of the game. Sales is far too early to tell for BDs or the game, but Summer of next year will be one giant headscratcher for those who aren't Japanese or didn't try out any of the manga, novels, and at least the Vita game. Let's hope someone translates one of the manga.

Sep 26, 2013 8:11 AM

Sep 2012
FOE-tan said:
symbv said:
Kan Colle PS Vista game website: http://www.kancolle-vita.com/

So, PS Vitas are made by Microsoft now? But seriously, I'm just posting so that you can fix that typo. I can't blame you for making it, as that's pretty much the biggest non-chart news item I have ever seen on MAL
Vista is not a game platform (but a OS platform) and can mean some other things so calling it "Vista" does not mean I had Microsoft in mind ;-) Anyway, I've corrected the typo to "Vita" now. Thanks for pointing out.

Sep 26, 2013 8:21 AM
Feb 2012
Definitely tl;dr

sym, give us those manga and LN sales already. '-' pretty please?
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 26, 2013 8:36 AM

May 2011
It doesn't seem that interesting. I might watch some PVs to decide whether to watch it or not.
Sep 26, 2013 9:02 AM

Nov 2010
About time. Anything slapped with kantai collection will become a milkcow anyway.
Sep 26, 2013 9:12 AM

Nov 2012
With this coming out next year and Arpeggio being shown in a few weeks, its a good time to be a naval historian. In fact, isn't there already a bit of "character" overlap between the two (Hyuuga, Haruna, etc. show up in both)?
Sep 26, 2013 9:43 AM

Sep 2012
GuiltyKing said:
They are not even started, or started but not yet compiled and published as tankobon..... Sales of the only one that is published, the "anthology comic", can be found in the manga sales thread I posted earlier today http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=667911 .

Sep 26, 2013 9:46 AM

May 2009
Seen lots of fanart of this; those girls are ridiculously cute. And if this is anything like Girls und Panzer and Strike Witches, then I'm definitely in.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2013 10:05 AM

Oct 2007
Game adaptations tend to make for pretty tepid anime experiences, but this should prove popular in Japan for obvious reasons. I've become aware of this like many through the mass flood of fanart to various image sites, but to be honest I don't even know if there's supposed to be a back story or mythos to everything other than the usual set of assigned moe personalities. They're going to have to come up with something and it's going to have to be more than just the bare bones necessary to tap the fans of the online game in order to hold my interest, but considering they are aiming for summer aka the dud season I'm not sure I want to hold my breath just yet.
Sep 26, 2013 10:19 AM

Sep 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
but to be honest I don't even know if there's supposed to be a back story or mythos to everything other than the usual set of assigned moe personalities.
One thing I kind of love about KanColle and the massive output of fanart is how many of the "assigned moe personalities" actually have historical basis. Akagi was known to consume a lot of fuel and so she is a big eater. Shimakaze was considered the speediest among different classes of destroyers so she is a fast runner. The missions Sendai participated historically were mostly night battles, so she is obsessed with charging into the night. Mutsu was sunk by mysterious explosion inside the shiip and so she always gets caught in some fire hazard. And their dialogues also hint at trivia regarding history. It is kind of like the trivia hidden here and there in Girls und Panzer. The more you know about the history the more fun you have with the girls' personalities and things they talk. The assigning of the moe personalities is not really random. Some indeed are (or at least look that way to me) but a lot are not.
symbvSep 26, 2013 11:58 AM

Sep 26, 2013 10:33 AM
Mar 2010
Well, recent game adaptations like Danganronpa, Devil Survivor 2 and Neptunia and otome adaptations have been lack luster and overall have not been well written IMO.

So, I'm kind of apprehensive about this.

Still, as always, I'll give it an episode or two. Also depends on the PVs.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 26, 2013 10:38 AM

Mar 2012
I'm up for more card game.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 26, 2013 10:40 AM

May 2011
symbv said:
The ships Touyama voices in KanColle are mostly heavy battleships which are represented by girls looking older than high school girls, so it could be a good break for her.

Including Kongō, which was built in England.

http://i.imgur.com/FdvNozL.jpg
Sep 26, 2013 10:41 AM
May 2012
Well it looks good I'll watch it :3
Sep 26, 2013 10:42 AM

Sep 2012
phoenixalia said:
Well, recent game adaptations like Danganronpa, Devil Survivor 2 and Neptunia and otome adaptations have been lack luster and overall have not been well written IMO.
Personally I am very much entertained by Neptunia even though I knew little about the game series itself. It even got me to check out the playing video of the games even though I don't play any console video game. I just love the characters and the music - the OP and ED are some of the anime songs this season I am listening most often.

At the end the key for this anime would be in the story because unlike Dangan Ronpa, Devil Survivor 2 and even Neptunia, there isn't much story there except a bunch of character interactions surrounding training, refit and combat missions. So there is a lot of freedom and flexibility but it also means it can easily go astray or invoke fans' displeasure because of perceived wrong adaptation choice for their favorite characters. My take is that it will be like a mix of IdolM@ster for the recruitment and training part, and Strike Witches for the group dynamics and combat mission part, and it will be a blend of SoL comedy and action drama. A lot would depend on character design, sakuga/animation and story writing I believe.

NekoHaruhi said:
Including Kongō, which was built in England.
http://i.imgur.com/FdvNozL.jpg
And so in fanart Kongou loves drinking tea and often speaks in muddled Japanese LOL
symbvSep 26, 2013 11:55 AM

Sep 26, 2013 11:12 AM
Feb 2011
You - GREAT! Though, I hope they can voice their many characters differently otherwise I would be confused as to know who speaks..
Sep 26, 2013 11:50 AM

Mar 2013
Best day ever. Will buy the game and excited about the Anime.
Sep 26, 2013 12:14 PM

Nov 2012
I love card games and moe girls. I'm in.
Sep 26, 2013 12:20 PM
Feb 2012
symbv said:
GuiltyKing said:
They are not even started, or started but not yet compiled and published as tankobon..... Sales of the only one that is published, the "anthology comic", can be found in the manga sales thread I posted earlier today http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=667911 .

I was talking about this week's manga and LN sales thread which has yet to be posted. :3 You mentioned something about you doing it instead of Snow, so I was wondering when you'll do it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 26, 2013 12:23 PM
Jul 2012
Don't know what this is. 0_0
Sep 26, 2013 12:32 PM

Sep 2012
GuiltyKing said:
I was talking about this week's manga and LN sales thread which has yet to be posted. :3 You mentioned something about you doing it instead of Snow, so I was wondering when you'll do it.
Again it's you who are impatient for the ssales ranking, aren't you? ;-) Well, because Snowical told me he wants to handle himself, so I have left the task to him.

Sep 26, 2013 12:38 PM

Aug 2011
Not surprised at all, considering it's recent popularity. Sounds interesting, I looked at some of the character designs on the cards themselves, can't say I was fond of all of them but some of them were nice. I guess I'll look forward to this, why not?
Sep 26, 2013 1:38 PM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
but to be honest I don't even know if there's supposed to be a back story or mythos to everything other than the usual set of assigned moe personalities.
One thing I kind of love about KanColle and the massive output of fanart is how many of the "assigned moe personalities" actually have historical basis. Akagi was known to consume a lot of fuel and so she is a big eater. Shimakaze was considered the speediest among different classes of destroyers so she is a fast runner. The missions Sendai participated historically were mostly night battles, so she is obsessed with charging into the night. Mutsu was sunk by mysterious explosion inside the shiip and so she always gets caught in some fire hazard. And their dialogues also hint at trivia regarding history. It is kind of like the trivia hidden here and there in Girls und Panzer. The more you know about the history the more fun you have with the girls' personalities and things they talk. The assigning of the moe personalities is not really random. Some indeed are (or at least look that way to me) but a lot are not.

Yeah I'm sure they've taken care of all the small details that seem to be what fans in Japan look for when it comes to these things getting hugely popular, but I'm pondering how they plan on tying all of this into a serial TV series. Like is their some sort of back story or mythos to this game that they can work with or is it pretty much just cute girls, cute personalities with semi-historical references in flavor text and game play that defines Kantai Collection. For example Magic the Gathering actually has it's own companion comic series and expanded lore that has brought it well beyond the level of just a table top card game in terms of story line and some of the rare cards like Gerard and his Weatherlight crew have their own sagas to go with them which makes it all the more interesting.

Anyway speaking of card games I'm still just waiting on a video game adaptation of the Crusade series of TCG. It sort of surprises me that nobody, especially Namco Bandai, has tried to jump on that as all the anime series contained within it are really popular and there's quite a few of them. Heck Sunrise Crusade alone with it's 17 something expansions could probably supply a started game full of cards to pick from before we even got to the Jojo, Magi, Macross what have you sets. Heck after as long as it's been out I've surprised Gundam War never got a game adaptation cause god knows Gundam+x+Video Game=Profit in Japan generally.
Sep 26, 2013 1:44 PM

Jul 2013
Is there an english translated version of the game anywhere ? All I have see it's in Japanese.

Edit: I'm terribly sorry if I offended anyone. You see ,english isn't my mother tongue and I didn't know it had such a negative meaning. I just failed terribly at trying to abbreviate "Japanese language".
I will stay true to my username.
JoksPacifistSep 26, 2013 2:34 PM
Sep 26, 2013 1:47 PM

Sep 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Like is their some sort of back story or mythos to this game that they can work with or is it pretty much just cute girls, cute personalities with semi-historical references in flavor text and game play that defines Kantai Collection. For example Magic the Gathering actually has it's own companion comic series and expanded lore that has brought it well beyond the level of just a table top card game in terms of story line and some of the rare cards like Gerard and his Weatherlight crew have their own sagas to go with them which makes it all the more interesting.
I think I have written about this in a few of the earlier posts in this thread. Basically there is no single narrative, or "lore", behind the game (besides the historical data and details anyway), which is why I said there is a lot of room and flexibility when it comes to the story for the anime. And the comparison with IdolM@ster is again appropriate here: The IM game is mainly about round after round of training and actual performances, which is like KanColle's rounds of training/refitting and actual combats. The anime of IdolM@ter is considered very much a success as an adaptation of the game and it has a solid story behind it. My guess is that similar approach will be taken for KanColle, but with the added care that historical trivia will be abundantly inserted (as per Girls und Panzer).

JoksPacifist said:
Is there an english translated version of the game anywhere ? All I have see it's in Jap.
First about the use of the word "Jap". I strongly advise against using this word because I have personally seen things turn nasty because of a person using the word. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

As for your question. No there is no English translation. In fact the game site bars access from outside Japan. Overseas players need to use tricks like proxy server to circumvent the restriction.

Anyway, in 2ch I found the following which seems to be a guide created by some overseas fans in an attempt to help desperate people from overseas who want to get into the game but do not speak Japanese: http://blog-imgs-61.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/1377248835509.jpg
symbvSep 26, 2013 1:53 PM

Sep 26, 2013 3:03 PM

Aug 2010
Well.

A moe card adaption? Didn't see that coming.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Sep 26, 2013 3:04 PM
Nov 2012
I would only watch this if the final arc is about a bunch of moe anthropomorphized American ships and airplanes beating the crap out of the Japanese ones.
Sep 26, 2013 3:13 PM

Oct 2009
Good, more millitary moe goodness!

whymind said:
I would only watch this if the final arc is about a bunch of moe anthropomorphized American ships and airplanes beating the crap out of the Japanese ones.

Now, now, don't let pacific war gets to your head. Though I would love it if they also put Britain and U.S fleet as well.
Now that you mention it, isn't Evangelion character named after ships class too?
azzuReSep 26, 2013 3:18 PM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 26, 2013 4:36 PM

Oct 2012
I like the designs...idk if I'll watch it though... We'll see how it goes.

Sep 26, 2013 5:46 PM

Mar 2012
My favorite is Kongou out of all the girls. Her artwork is so kawaii to me along with her choice of clothing. Can't wait till the summer time now. Let just hope it not some lame ona or 5 minute long episodes. I want it to be a decent anime series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
3 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
5 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

17 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.