Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 17 18 [19]
Oct 25, 2015 10:21 AM

Jun 2015
And the epic last fight for the last cap
Oct 25, 2015 12:43 PM
Oct 2015
Eren's Transformation Scene was badass ! 5/5 Episode
Mar 11, 2016 7:37 AM

Apr 2015
Why do I get a feeling that Eren is holding back because he loves her??
May 4, 2016 5:51 AM

Apr 2016
Annie is great, please don't kill her... pretty please? :)
May 13, 2016 11:49 PM
Jul 2014
I'm surprised that they latched on to "must have a purpose" to transform, given that they've shown that Titans need sunlight to live, Annie didn't want to go underground, and both times he's failed to transform he was underground and out of sunlight. It seems more likely that he just needed sunlight.
Sep 11, 2016 8:06 PM

Jul 2013
Holy shit what an episode.

Annie absolute cruel murdering again so much comrades of Eren, Mikasa and Armin. The conversation between Mikasa and Eren and especially Mikasas face, absolut unbelieveable face expression. O.O

Was nice to see the conversation with Erwin and Levi and how they planned everything before.

God that bite must hurt, so much blood and Eren was biting even more, but with all the doubts he had and fear to fight Annie I knew he would never be able to transform.

But at the end when he braced up with this timber beam his his chest and all the blood only to wreck Annie was absolut epic. His voice and his face, I had goosebumps. And then the punch holy moly.

Is it really only one more episode? I can't believe it :(

But this fight will be epic I'm 100% sure! GO EREN!!!!
Natsu88Sep 11, 2016 8:10 PM

Oct 31, 2016 4:48 AM

Jul 2008
IT'S ON BABY IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EREN GO KICK HER ASS!!!!!!!
Apr 5, 2017 10:37 PM

Dec 2014
Anni got guts to be able to do that...makes you wonder or many more people are hiding ...who are actually titans
Sep 18, 2017 2:45 PM

Mar 2012
That's right Eren, Falcon punch the shit out of her.
Nov 1, 2017 8:40 AM

Sep 2016
That cliffhanger left just right, FT rampaging through town was lit aswell
Feb 26, 2018 8:50 PM

Sep 2017
Annie is awesome, as always.

BTW, I think Eren still has feelings for Annie.

Anyhow, the last part of the episode was meh. We all knew Eren would transform. However, Annie destroying all the plans of the Survey Corps was badass. Glad mikasa finally got beaten down by a titan, by Annie no less.

Annie is the perfect titan. She killed all those with 3d gears with ease. I want more of her. But if she dies in the last episode, then Attack on Titan is bullshit series. The only reason I watch this is for Annie Leonhart.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jan 8, 2019 11:02 PM

Aug 2018
Epic was this episode! I could feel the adrenaline rushing throughout my body.
However, after reading other posts of this forum and re-watching it, I also observed some oversights in this episode. Why would Mikasa engage in fighting with the Female Titan when Eren was trapped under debris? This is somewhat out-of-character for her. Perhaps, she couldn't notice his condition. Armin too left him to chase the Female Titan, when it was clearly visible that he was impaled by a stake. I understand that he had to slow down the Titan but could've left after helping out Eren, especially when other soldiers were already engaged in fighting with it. Also, why couldn't the Female Titan notice that Attack Titan was running towards her despite all the lightning. I was confused whether to continue with this series through anime or manga. But after witnessing all these "errors", I guess I'll prefer the manga.
But thanks to this anime original content, Eren's transformation was way more powerful than that depicted in the manga. And kudos to the Studio and the Production for the action, animation and OST!
Aug 17, 2019 8:47 PM

Jul 2016
Am I missing something? Was there some connection between Annie and Eren ever? I don't remember them saying two words to each other.

I remember Annie for SURE because back when they were all recruits I remember liking Annie the MOST! She was just funny. But I don't remember any connection whatsoever. So I don't really buy Eren's reluctance that "oh boohoo someone from my cadet class is a traitor so I can't be mad at them." He's been mad at all KINDS of people here. He's been stubborn. He's been making decisions on his own throughout this whole show. So why does he have ANY reluctance in stopping someone that he barely even talked to when he finds out from the two people he trusts the most (Armin and Mikasa) that she is the one that killed everyone he loved.

Why does he have ANY reluctance in that...

Sep 21, 2019 2:15 AM

Apr 2017
sim0n2170 said:
Gator said:
Finally Eren managed to transform, seriously why is he so attached to Annie anways?
He greatly admired Annie, and was trained in her unique fighting style during their years as trainees. He considered her to be a kind person beneath her cold exterior, and credited her with making him aware of the contradictions within the military system

bro they had literally one scene together. gimme a break.
Sep 21, 2019 2:16 AM

Apr 2017
Why do they keep calling each other "comrade"? Is this supposed to be a communist society?
Sep 21, 2019 2:20 AM

Aug 2012
oceanmachine said:
sim0n2170 said:
He greatly admired Annie, and was trained in her unique fighting style during their years as trainees. He considered her to be a kind person beneath her cold exterior, and credited her with making him aware of the contradictions within the military system

bro they had literally one scene together. gimme a break.
5 year quote reply. Nice...
Nov 12, 2019 12:10 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
INCREDIBLE, MARVELOUS, EPIC, THIS IS JUST SO GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!
Last ep fight is going to be so f*cking awesome
Jan 2, 2020 10:13 PM

Aug 2018
I think eren have feelings for annie cuz he so hesitant even armin and the others keeps telling that shes the female titan

Oh well i hope annie dont die she will be a good asset in this series also i want more from her. Really great character.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 14, 2020 12:44 PM

Jun 2017
Jean was right all along doubting Eren's unwavering resolution..He is just running on adrenaline and turns flaccid if that runs out of his system..His bakemono side is just a compensating factor and cant handle betrayal from closer kin and friends.I guess he will grow(should have grown already) as the story progresses...
Staunch Mikasa is bae as always.Armin now contributing in combat on an equal footing feels good..Meanwhile the richbrats within Wall Sina should be pissing in their pants lol.
bakakisimaJan 19, 2020 6:02 AM
Mar 15, 2020 10:30 AM

Mar 2019
FT seems tough but Mikasa was close to taking her down.

But, The way that Eren pushed through that stick to transform and helps his friends was amazing!
Jul 28, 2020 6:33 PM
Jul 2020
The wood fence through Eren 0_0 but actually though I hope he kills Annie or at least captures her cause it would be a trash way to end the season
Jul 30, 2020 2:18 PM

Mar 2019
One more episode left.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 22, 2020 8:16 AM

Feb 2019
Damn it snap out of it already Eren! Mikasa or Annie, you can only choose one XD.

YES, Eren's titan transformation! Kill Annie this time Eren.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 1, 2020 3:03 AM

Jun 2020
Jean is seriously best boi

And seriously fuck Annie I’m so done with her

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 12, 2020 5:41 PM

Dec 2015
Just rewatched this episode, and oh god, the direction in this Season is indeed pure perfection. Araki knows exactly how to increase the tension throughout the episode culminating into the final scene, and it works majestically.

I also had forgot how great the animation was in here. There's so many sakugas it make you think those aren't even "special" animated scenes, those scenes are just the standart quality of this show. Imai probably had put a lot of effort into this episode alone. Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to have this quality on the Final Season without him.

Now let's talk about some incorret arguments people love to throw on Season 1. About Eren being reluctant towards attacking Annie, IT DOES makes sense for the character, however, I must agree the audience won't feel anything about it. The scenes of the 104th training corps training are made to the viewer understand what was constantly happening in there. The audience might have seen Eren interacting with her one time, but he definitely experienced similar situations with her more than once. Also, they literaly lived together for 3 years, which is enough to make a person feel attatched to someone (sure, not everyone, but a character like Eren definitely fits the criteria). BUT, I must agree that if the show wanted the audience to share Eren's feeling of conflict, it should have focused into developing his relationship with her more. But that would create too many scenes on the beggining that doesn't actually progress the plot, so it's honestly better the way it is.

Now, speciafically about a user "arguments":
"Why would Mikasa engage in fighting with the Female Titan when Eren was trapped under debris? This is somewhat out-of-character for her." - Logically speaking, if Eren couldn't transform and was trapped, the best way of protecting him is engaging against Annie, specially considering the fact that Levi is wounded, she's becomes the best fighter among them all. It's pretty clear only Eren could remove thoses debris by transforming. That's why when Armin and Jean came to his direction, they were focused on making him transform rather than trying to getting him out of there.

"Also, why couldn't the Female Titan notice that Attack Titan was running towards her despite all the lightning." She definitely noticed him transforming, but from what I can tell, she decided to run and not engage in a fight with him, so she has 100% of her focus on what's her best route to escape, specially because Stohess is pretty much a labyrinth, and she is literaly on the center, when there's a lot of paths you can take. So also probably miscalculated the time Eren would reach her.

"I was confused whether to continue with this series through anime or manga. But after witnessing all these "errors", I guess I'll prefer the manga." The only "errors" this series has in writing are on Season 3 Part 1, specially on episode 4, the arc that for some reason people claim the writing have "improved". Other than that, the writing in the anime is flawless, so that's no excuse. And, sharing my point of view, I've tried the manga before Season 2 came out, and I have to say, the experience is vastly inferior from the anime. The tension was entirely gone on a certain scene of S2 episode 6 for example. Araki, Imai and Sawano creates an experience that is impossible to be replicated in a manga.
BetterTasteOct 19, 2020 4:21 PM
Nov 7, 2020 5:27 PM

Feb 2020
how are they going to end this in just one ep.... the upcoming cliffhanger is probably going to be insane. but i still don't understand annie's motivations one bit - does she want to kill eren? capture him? and do what with him if she does? does she hate him? why is she a titan? what is going onnnnnnn

also eren repeatedly biting his hand made me cringe, dude just prick your finger like annie and get it over with ugh
Dec 5, 2020 4:48 AM

Apr 2020
Mikasa's gaze at Eren, either convincing for Eren to be a titan or jealousy, lmao
Dec 12, 2020 4:08 AM

May 2020
*flips table* DSJ FBKNELIYTOUJ Fuck Annie
Dec 17, 2020 11:06 PM

Aug 2018
Epicly animated episode, Eren vs Annie truly is an amazing way to end whole season with a big bang

Unfortunately thats not so amazing for the whole city they are fighting in
Dec 26, 2020 10:28 PM

Nov 2020
EPIC! There were tons of epic scenes here and to describe all of them in detail would take awhile. Annie's titan transformation and her rampaging the city while fighting Mikasa and the scouts was excellent stuff. I also loved Eren's struggle to transform into a titan, and once he does it's a chilling cliffhanger to end the episode.
Jan 19, 2021 9:55 AM

Oct 2013
Erwin comes out and announces that on account of foul play, Eren vs Annie has just been made a 2 out of 3 falls match, falls count anywhere. Let's go.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 2, 2021 4:30 PM
Aug 2020
I hope Annie get's tortured she angers me so much dude..

Eren took him too much time to realize that he needs to make some painful sacrifices in life but finally he transformed that was epic!! LESS GO EREHHHH!!

Also Mikasa still a hot bad bitch <3
Feb 19, 2021 11:07 AM

Aug 2020
So Eren could transform when trying to pick up a spoon but not when trying to defeat a Titan.

Damn he must've wanted that spoon bad.
Feb 20, 2021 4:55 PM

Apr 2020
Nagisa_Kagamine said:
So Eren could transform when trying to pick up a spoon but not when trying to defeat a Titan.

Damn he must've wanted that spoon bad.
Stop I'm dyingg✋😭

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Mar 3, 2021 9:00 PM

Jan 2020
+1 for 3099 for figuring out Annie was the Female Titan since she appeared in her titan form for the first time.

Intensity is running through my veins~
Damn that was enjoyable. Haven't been getting that sweet taste of enjoyment for some time, glad I'm finally feeling it.

Last episode shall (hopefully) be a success.
Jul 1, 2021 12:50 AM

Jun 2020
Days earlier when they conducted the plan to capture the Female Titan and revealed who's suspicious of being the Titan

And there she goes Annie wrecking the town and killing more people absurd to see this happen as Eren is unlikely to fight her off because he doesn't want to realize that she is the Titan

Erwin really anticipated this to happen and is confident this time that they'll succeed although the traps didn't work it's time for Eren to fight.
Oct 22, 2021 10:13 AM
Nov 2020
“The world is cruel” yes it is.
Oct 30, 2021 7:14 PM
Apr 2021
Eren did it! He transformed! The military police are scums except for that one dude.
__________________________________________________________________________________
REWATCHING THE SERIES 05.08.2023
Damn, Levi is definitely still grieving internally from the loss of his squad.
Shit's still raw, that's why Eren sensed him talking more than usual. 
Mikasa interrogating Eren is crazy. Why does Eren have feelings for such an evil person?
It's not like they were super close. I can't believe he really liked Annie. 
Mikasa knew he had feelings for Annie, but I believe it was deep admiration. Even
Yams stated Eren had deep respect towards Annie. 

This episode was full of double entendres:
especially when Mikasa says to Annie: 
"I won't let you have Eren."

Plan C failed, they needed more traps. 
But luckily Eren remembered the blood of his mother and comrades, spilled violently by titans.
This was enough to send him into full rage. 

cloudamorMay 8, 2023 8:45 PM
Jan 13, 2022 7:06 AM

Dec 2020
INTENSEEEE way, way intense. i wonder how eren turned there tho? did he just "had a stronger resolve"???? still, that was amazing. its not like the previous episodes weren't good, far from that really but this episode was on a wholeee nother level
May 19, 2022 4:39 PM
Apr 2022
Best episode till now
Oct 13, 2022 4:08 PM
Oct 2022
pretty good loved the action towards the end
Oct 29, 2022 12:58 PM
Mar 2019
very good, titans, eren: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Nov 15, 2022 5:42 AM
Jan 2019
verry nuceeuuuu 15 characters
Dec 3, 2022 7:23 AM
Aug 2022
fucking perfect.
Jan 22, 2023 8:51 AM
Jan 2023
Yas yas yas yas yas
Mar 17, 2023 4:36 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Damn. Did Stohess District always go this hard??

Eren has been mostly simple-minded up to this point: kill all titans. But now he has to fight a titan, who he thought to be was his friend, and cannot transform because he doesn't want to hurt a friend. But he comes to a realization, that this friend killed many of his other friends; the world is cruel. And perhaps because of that he formulates a clear goal in his mind that allows him to transform: to rid the world of said cruelty. 

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 19, 2023 5:41 AM
Nov 2019
I only read the corresponding manga material years after watching the anime having read about the differences. While I generally believe that the anime is better, because the colors, animation, soundtrack and voice acting make just that much more vivid, powerful and impactful, I think that the changes made in this and the following episode are the weakest part of this adaptation and it's definitely better in the manga.
Mar 23, 2023 3:59 AM

Sep 2019
The fact that Annie was moody for more than 20 eps and suddenly changed into a true villain made me not very familiar.
Basically, what Annie shows in Stohess shows that she has certain thoughts and feelings, not pure evil.
In conclusion, Annie is too cool.
Just like Annie said, Armin had bet on Annie's kindness (even though he planned to capture Annie before that), proving Armin was the two-faced one, and Annie answered already, this bet, Armin won, that is, Ann has indirectly asserted that she is not the bad one. She only kills because something (or someone) drives her.
C'mon Ann~ so Ann killed over 100 people in survey corps, including Marco in training, damn...
Watching Eren bite his own bloody hand was really disturbing.
Watching Mikasa talk to Eren in the tunnel makes me shiver, Mikasa has the eyes of a villain! I said she has two faces. Mikasa brainwashed Eren shhhh I don't like Mikasa like that at all.
Eren's inability to transform proves that the comrades killed by Annie mean nothing to him lol Annie is more important. Annie-Eren couple
Mikasa is jealous of Annie.
The mother Mikasa is teaching her child_ Eren a life lesson.
I have a feeling that Mikasa is purposely pissing Eren up because she is jealous, not because of humanity's survival, or because of the sacrifices of her comrades... This is the hardest Mikasa to love I've ever known.
Again, Whispering Mikasa is not the Mikasa that I like.
I don't think Annie is that important to Eren, which is a bit wrong. Tolerance? More wrong. Remember the abandoned house on the mountain? Eren is a tolerant person? Wtf
Annie didn't kill Mikasa ok? Mikasa definitely wants to kill Annie. Now who is the bad person?
I swear, does Eren really like Annie? Eren is not Son Goku. Goku didn't kill anyone, but Eren killed people brutally, didn't he?
Is it strange that Armin used Annie as an example to encourage Eren? two faces wtf
I'm pretty sure Annie could eat Major Hanji alive if she wanted to. She stood too close.
May 1, 2023 8:48 AM

Aug 2019
This episode was awesome! Just one episode left for season 1
Jun 28, 2023 8:30 PM
Nov 2022
REVANCHA
Me encanta como todos los extras mueren y MALDITA SEA EREN ¿COMO NO VAS A QUERER MATAR A ANNIE?
Pages (19) « First ... « 17 18 [19]

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.