Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 21, 2013 9:23 PM

Oct 2012
He didn't believe in esper level... oh well
Aw, "It's my dream to go back home smiling, without having lost anything" it's TouMAN's quote of the day!!
Wow Uihara&Saten it's overpowered, especially Saten+Baseball bat xD

Aw, ED by Kuroyukihime :)

Redfoxoffire said:
ezodagrom said:
Redfoxoffire said:
Calling in everyone except Touma? Hell yeah, that's the correct way to do it.

Touma is not in Academy City at the time of this episode.

Good.

Lol... Isn't he always in Academy City?
Wandering everywhere with a sister/nun??
Rayl1ghtSep 21, 2013 9:53 PM
"Signature removed"
Sep 21, 2013 9:44 PM

May 2011
Toucanbird said:
I don't know, I don't think the filler is THAT bad. Of course it isn't remotely as good as the Sisters Arc, but considering how damn good the Sisters Arc was, that was to be expected.

This.

I don't read manga, so from my perspective, this arc - IMO - is still very good.
Sep 21, 2013 11:44 PM

Nov 2009
xahjun said:
Toucanbird said:
I don't know, I don't think the filler is THAT bad. Of course it isn't remotely as good as the Sisters Arc, but considering how damn good the Sisters Arc was, that was to be expected.

This.

I don't read manga, so from my perspective, this arc - IMO - is still very good.

Agreed. I don't know why people are comparing this arc with the Sisters arc...
This arc is still good and different, and worth my time every week :3
Sep 22, 2013 12:14 AM
Aug 2013
Damn, so it's going to be robots after all.

I thought there would be a super-powered Janie or something.

Didn't have much going for it plot-wise, but since it's gone to shit anyways I would've liked a good final villain.

Welp, who knows what's going to happen.
Sep 22, 2013 4:49 AM

Aug 2009
Takuan_Soho said:

I liked that for once they(writer(s)of the original arc) made her look smart.And I also liked that they did it without making her seem like some super badass aka move her body and take him out right after she fall down.Ofc this doesnt make me forget that they made her take whatever the enemy was giving her without a second thought twice in one ep.

First of all they are Powered Suits,that means they are just huge ass suits not robots.And while they would have a computer I dont get how they would be "smart enough" to use metal bars but not enough to pull a trigger.But I dont care about that anyway.If that was my problem I wouldnt rant in the previous threads.
Academy City isnt part of Japan.It is a sovereign city-state.It supposedly follows international laws but then again you have the Radio Noise project.As seen in both Index and Railgun getting a gun isnt difficult.
STUDY doent seem to have the guts to kill people although they didnt seem to care when Misaka and the rest were attacked by one of the suits.Still a pretty shitty plan.

Didnt they show that the Suits are empty inside?Well it is a powered suit so it makes sense to have space inside for the human but I remember that it was entirely empty inside.Correct me if I am wrong.If I am right then Uiharu has her computer to ONLY control her cleaning robots.Which doent make any sense against those suits.

Misaka has been shown to trust her friends multiple times in past and future arcs.This isnt the problem.The problem is that here she trusts them so much that is willing to bring them to her own battlefield.And it isnt that they face some Skill Outs fodders.They are against something Misaka considers to be part of the City's darkness(I dont),something on the level of Item and Accelerator.
Redfoxoffire said:
ezodagrom said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Good.

Oh the hate!Yeah because the arc was so good with Misaka being an idiot in every ep and the villains more flat that her chest, that Touma,who wouldnt be able to do anything anyway would ruin it....yeah.Not sure what this is, blind hate or blind fanboyism?
Exbo said:

Edit:
Grummel said:
Well we have nearly 10k Sister left. Not as strong as Misaka but enough for a few Robots.

Aren't there only 4 + LO during this time?

10+LO

MagicFlier said:
xahjun said:
Toucanbird said:

This.

Both in the novels and manga the quality of each arc is different.It isnt that this arc is worse than the Sisters arc that is one of the best RAildex has.It's that it is worse than the worse Raildex canon had to offer till now, multiplied by 10 for the huge amounts of CIS.
Sep 22, 2013 7:44 AM
May 2012
Finally! There IS why anime hasn't got to do with light novel/manga!!

The reason why Shinobu comes back because she's kidnapped & taking her to STUDY organization (?) & force to work with that douchebag scientist (Aritomi)!

Great, So much for false information that I've been posted last time! I'm seriously need to take those rumors & speculations with a grain of salt instead. Talk about curiosity really trying to get me nerves!

Can Aritomi be stopped?
What will happen to the other remaining scientist IF their lost their war?
Can Misaka save Febri from Janie?

only 1 episode left till the end of Railgun S!
JafriZinSep 22, 2013 7:50 AM
Sep 22, 2013 7:47 AM

Aug 2009
JeffreyZin said:
Finally! There IS why anime hasn't got to do with light novel/manga!!

The reason why Shinobu comes back because she's kidnapped & taking her to STUDY organization (?) & force to work with that douchebag scientist (Aritomi)!

Great, So much for false information that I've been posted last time! I'm seriously need to take those rumors & speculations with a grain of salt instead. Talk about curiosity really trying to get me nerves!

No shit.It was either that or do what Kiyama did in season 1.

Nobody ever spread any rumors about her.You were the one going on about the writers killing her.
Sep 22, 2013 7:48 AM
May 2012
ssjokg said:
Nobody ever spread any rumors about her.You were the one going on about the writers killing her.

That was WHAT IF situation that I was talking about.

Anyway remember back then that I posted was:-

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=622535&show=100#msg23293113

Yeah, I WAS WRONG OKAY?! *Sigh* NOBODY AGREES ABOUT THIS?!
JafriZinSep 22, 2013 9:40 PM
Sep 22, 2013 11:39 AM

Jun 2008
ssjokg said:
Redfoxoffire said:
ezodagrom said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Good.

Oh the hate!Yeah because the arc was so good with Misaka being an idiot in every ep and the villains more flat that her chest, that Touma,who wouldnt be able to do anything anyway would ruin it....yeah.Not sure what this is, blind hate or blind fanboyism?

Hate. Where would the fanboyism even be here? Touma is a terrible character.
Sep 22, 2013 11:41 AM
Jul 2011
"Believe in your friends" -shingeki no kyojin
Sep 22, 2013 2:45 PM

Oct 2011
Even if Touma not here he still somehow helps Misaka.

The final battle to save Febir and Janie!!!

Saten and her bat action has returned XDDD
Sep 22, 2013 5:11 PM

Apr 2009
Nagai is the worst director ever, honestly.

ヽ(´ー`)┌
Sep 22, 2013 10:07 PM

Apr 2009
SonicBoom0 said:
Saten has a baseball bat, so everything is sure to end well.

Yep, when Saten has her bat you know things are about to get real.

Also, this arc has made me like Kongou a lot more.
Sep 23, 2013 12:55 AM
Jan 2013
i agree that this arc is not as good as the sister arc but its still a decent arc and i enjoy watching it also saten with that bat lol cant wait to see what she dose also hope they announce index 3 would be even better if they confirm another railgun thats wishful thinking tho but railgun is more popular guess will have to wait and see?
Sep 23, 2013 3:00 AM

Aug 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
ssjokg said:
Redfoxoffire said:
ezodagrom said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Good.

Hate. Where would the fanboyism even be here? Touma is a terrible character.
Fanboyism for Misaka and co.

Thank you for not denying the blind part.

Krimson said:
SonicBoom0 said:

Yep, when Saten has her bat you know things are about to get real.

Kongou manga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>poop>>>Kongou anime.
Sep 23, 2013 3:29 AM

May 2012
05:55 dat westaboo

15:22 dat 〜jan baka

15:41 ”〜ja nai jan yo” ... LOOOOL

Saigo no roripoppu.
Nice ep. 9/10
Also, the ending was so Index-movie-ish.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 23, 2013 3:47 AM

Apr 2013
Decent episode,can't wait for next one.

Krimson said:
SonicBoom0 said:

Same here.I'm glad they included her.
Sep 23, 2013 7:40 AM

Aug 2011
MagicFlier said:
xahjun said:
Toucanbird said:

This.

I'm not comparing it to the manga or the sister's arc. I just think this is a poorly written arc on its own with horrible villains and plot holes. Everyone has their own opinion. If you and other people are loving this arc that is great, but some people are going to are going to feel differently.

This is a discussion of the episode, both about what we liked and didn't like.
Sep 23, 2013 12:32 PM

Mar 2012
SonicBoom0 said:

What could possibly go wrong?
Sep 24, 2013 9:09 AM
Dec 2012
Saten and the baseball bat. lol

Only one episode left. It better be good.
Sep 24, 2013 11:34 AM

Jan 2011
jumping down the building with Febri, what if she screams and the last lollipop drop?

yes Misaka, its time... for the final episode, with Imouto army^^
Sep 24, 2013 11:37 AM

Nov 2010
Next weeks finale is going to be awesome!
Sep 25, 2013 10:18 PM

Nov 2012
This ark is still better than Index season 1. hopes it ends well.
Sep 25, 2013 11:18 PM
Dec 2012
Wow, some people are hating the director for this arc...
I really respect this director in making great stuff. Toradora was his debut role as a director, and did a fabulous job in making it awesome. Now, with Railgun... that awesome Sisters arc? Yup, thank the director. That takes some skill to pull off.

Now, with this arc, relatively speaking it's not as great. Pacing is a bit slow at parts, and some things are simply weird. But most people are misinterpreting the purpose of this arc - it's to bring back some of the slice-of-life nature of Railgun. I'm sure he pretty much told his writers and editors to make something pretty chill after the strong emotions of the first arc - countering the yin of the Sister's arc with the yang of this lighter arc. I wouldn't be surprised if he even cared for the story, either - just as long as it's happiness and friendship in the end.

Of course, assuming the director has read the series, this is probably also to prepare for Index 3, which is not as happy-go-lucky. Simply said, stuff happens... everything gets serious from now on.

So nope, I don't mind if this arc ends with nakama friendship bliss. You'll need it for comfort once Index 3 arrives! ;)

(One other thing - the director for the Index series is different from the director for Railgun. If you like his direction for the Sister's arc, you'd better hope that he directs for Index 3...)
Sep 26, 2013 12:21 AM

Aug 2009
mewtwo21 said:
This ark is still better than Index season 1. hopes it ends well.
Haha... ah no.
alberthrocks said:
Wow, some people are hating the director for this arc...
I really respect this director in making great stuff. Toradora was his debut role as a director, and did a fabulous job in making it awesome. Now, with Railgun... that awesome Sisters arc? Yup, thank the director. That takes some skill to pull off.

Now, with this arc, relatively speaking it's not as great. Pacing is a bit slow at parts, and some things are simply weird. But most people are misinterpreting the purpose of this arc - it's to bring back some of the slice-of-life nature of Railgun. I'm sure he pretty much told his writers and editors to make something pretty chill after the strong emotions of the first arc - countering the yin of the Sister's arc with the yang of this lighter arc. I wouldn't be surprised if he even cared for the story, either - just as long as it's happiness and friendship in the end.

Of course, assuming the director has read the series, this is probably also to prepare for Index 3, which is not as happy-go-lucky. Simply said, stuff happens... everything gets serious from now on.

So nope, I don't mind if this arc ends with nakama friendship bliss. You'll need it for comfort once Index 3 arrives! ;)

(One other thing - the director for the Index series is different from the director for Railgun. If you like his direction for the Sister's arc, you'd better hope that he directs for Index 3...)
THere are plenty arcs in RAildex that end with the power of friendship.And guess what.The arc that every LN reader was hoping they would animate is exactly that.It has power of friendship,fanservice,setting the mood for Index III,Misaka being badass,Saten being Saten,Kuroko being a perv etc.This arc wasnt needed.Ruining the story and the chars wasnt needed.
Sep 26, 2013 2:03 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode.
Stupid mkv player keeps freezing during the end credits.
I don't know why it drops frames in the OP, and only in the OP. Neber throughout the episode. And it's only on Railgun S. It must be the encoding.
Sep 26, 2013 2:22 PM

Sep 2012
It will be a miracle if somebody actually dies in the next episode.
Sep 28, 2013 12:15 AM

Apr 2009
Might as well try to end the relatively lackluster arc in a more bombastic manner just like how S1's anime-original arc ended. "Power of friendship" overdose for some people, apparently. Especially with everyone getting a more equal share of the screentime and soon-to-be-action. <insert mandatory comment on Ruiko and her trusty bat here>

Also, cameo by Komoe-sensei. Special ED, too.
Sep 28, 2013 7:34 PM

Sep 2011
This episode reminded me so much of the second last episode of the first season. All preparation for the final up and coming battle! The OST they played at the end really hyped me up, I cant wait!!! >:D
Sep 28, 2013 10:06 PM

Dec 2012
This arc is pretty boring, too much chit-chatting among the girls. The sisters arc was a strong 8, this is more like a weak 6.
Sep 29, 2013 12:21 AM

Sep 2012
Nice to see Shinutaba, a character shunned early in the manga, gets some pivotal role in this anime original arc, although I find it really hard to believe that a scientist like her can be "sold" to the "shadow organisations" -- it just does not look like some slave trade to me and it is even surprising that once sold she gets the same voting right in her new place as older members !!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 29, 2013 12:26 AM

Aug 2009
symbv said:
Nice to see Shinutaba, a character shunned early in the manga, gets some pivotal role in this anime original arc, although I find it really hard to believe that a scientist like her can be "sold" to the "shadow organisations" -- it just does not look like some slave trade to me and it is even surprising that once sold she gets the same voting right in her new place as older members !!

While being sold to them is possible(
)yeah having the same rights/power as the rest is just stupid.
Sep 30, 2013 6:39 PM

May 2012
Hnnng that new gothic outfit :3 Well some pretty nice development and quite a nice ending sequence although knowing that next will be the last episode I do wonder what they'll present us with! It does feel that the story is not finished by far and I do wonder if they're going to make another season of this series!
Sep 30, 2013 8:45 PM

Jun 2008
Toucanbird said:

Honestly, it felt like a better "power of friendship" episode than most...if that's saying anything.

Considering the circumstances though, I'm guessing Saten and Uiharu are gonna need some help...I mean, yeah...a baseball bat and some cleaning robots? Perhaps we'll get some sort of divine intervention in the form of either Touma, Accelerator, or the Sisters. I'd probably see one of the first two happening since an appearance by the Sisters would kinda spill the dirty little secret that Misaka has a shit ton of clones running around Academy City.

I feel the same. Is no really that bad, but may be is because i don't take the whole universe of Railgun very seriously.

Btw Saten has a bat. We are all fucked now!
Oct 2, 2013 5:26 AM

Mar 2011
Monad said:
I feel the same. Is no really that bad, but may be is because i don't take the whole universe of Railgun very seriously.
Toucanbird said:

Honestly, it felt like a better "power of friendship" episode than most...if that's saying anything.
i totally agree. the sisters arc was incredible and this one, while not the greatest, is still okay. it's not a carebears story like some people here are implying.

i blame febri. if you ever see a couple of elitist otakus acting all angry and there is a moeblob around, blame the blob. always blame the blob.
Oct 2, 2013 7:20 AM

Aug 2009
stormofshadow said:
Monad said:
Toucanbird said:

i totally agree. the sisters arc was incredible and this one, while not the greatest, is still okay. it's not a carebears story like some people here are implying.

i blame febri. if you ever see a couple of elitist otakus acting all angry and there is a moeblob around, blame the blob. always blame the blob.

This is retarded.
Considering that Raildex is full of moeblobs from villains to heroes including the main cast of Railgun, Febri being one isnt the problem.
Oct 3, 2013 4:49 PM

Mar 2011
ssjokg said:
This is retarded.
Considering that Raildex is full of moeblobs from villains to heroes including the main cast of Railgun, Febri being one isnt the problem.
heh, i wasn't actually blaming febri, i was just calling you an elitist.
Oct 3, 2013 9:27 PM

Aug 2009
stormofshadow said:
ssjokg said:
This is retarded.
heh, i wasn't actually blaming febri, i was just calling you an elitist.

Elitist=Someone that gives a shit when a series wont follow its own logic at all....

A new definition huh?....I like it.

BTW your post(s) still makes no sense.
Oct 4, 2013 9:55 AM

Mar 2011
ssjokg said:
Elitist=Someone that gives a shit when a series wont follow its own logic at all....

elitism: The attitude one has when they feel that they or their ideology is superior to all others.

in other words, not being able to accept that people were entertained by something that you did not find entertaining. so it wasn't your cup of tea, that's fair. why obsess over it?

if you are not obsessing then i apologize. maybe it just appears that way because i'm late to the conversation (only watched episodes 20-24 a few days ago... was not exactly holding my breath for each weekly release).
Oct 4, 2013 10:19 AM

Aug 2009
stormofshadow said:
ssjokg said:

elitism: The attitude one has when they feel that they or their ideology is superior to all others.

in other words, not being able to accept that people were entertained by something that you did not find entertaining. so it wasn't your cup of tea, that's fair. why obsess over it?

if you are not obsessing then i apologize. maybe it just appears that way because i'm late to the conversation (only watched episodes 20-24 a few days ago... was not exactly holding my breath for each weekly release).

ideology huh....
I didnt know that I was so deep.Asking form a series to be coherent is elitism.Only in MAL.

You care too much about what others criticize in a story full of inconsistency.
Oct 4, 2013 2:06 PM

Mar 2011
ssjokg said:
You care too much about what others criticize in a story full of inconsistency.
close.

i actually only care about what the moeblobs think. ;)
Oct 14, 2013 2:02 AM

Oct 2009
Well i fell asleep :S, don't watch this at midnight =.=
Oct 19, 2013 9:25 AM

Jan 2011
How did it turn into this? Well... whatever. This will either be finished in another season or it will be way to rushed fight where they obviously win and the evil guy goes "oh noes" and Misaka goes "I forgive you", or he runs away while saying "I'll get you next time". I really can't imagine it going any other way. Q_Q
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 18, 2013 12:48 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

A tad too light the final part, where gooders dominates with both hands, but in the initial stage and after, the narrative is quite rational and smooth, and not get bored.
Interesting texture, never cease to amaze me the find of the master.
Designs that maintain a good level, at the level of characters I find that the only one who has attended to the history and the other little-component of the Anti-skill! As the character blonde glimpsed at the beginning (now I can not name XD). However, leaving this topic, I have good animations and also the BGM!
Eager to get their hands on the latest episode. Too bad the battalgia last only a breath! ^ ^ "
Dec 5, 2013 10:55 PM

Dec 2010
The last episode will be epic imo, but even this turn of the events can't make Saten look cool with a bat(not to speak of the friggin helmet).
Jan 8, 2014 3:28 AM

Nov 2012
shinobu :' hope she will not be killed or something like that :'
and misaka.. I know she can do it.. I mean when she move her body with some kind of electric :D really cool!

and that ending.. XD
konori with her red leather jacket.. still cool.. XD I wonder what she will do..
saten with her baseball bat.. LOL!
kuroko with that big bag.. yeah its gonna be awesome..!! XD

final episode.. I wonder how awesome it will be :3
Mar 2, 2014 7:07 AM

Jan 2011
i was wondering if Saten was gonna show up with her bat, more like that was the only thing i was looking forward to see
Apr 14, 2014 12:53 PM

Jul 2013
A certain loli teacher made a cameo.

I'm really getting sick and tired of them overusing the term 'darkness'. Darkness this and darkness that. They're starting to use that term as a faction of some sort... The giant grouping at the end was cheesy as hell, but it's sorta cool(?)
Apr 14, 2014 2:59 PM

Aug 2009
ihusmal1234 said:
A certain loli teacher made a cameo.

I'm really getting sick and tired of them overusing the term 'darkness'. Darkness this and darkness that. They're starting to use that term as a faction of some sort..
Well because it is.Everything that happens behind people's back,the dark side of this "beautiful and peaceful city" is the darkness of Academy City.The Level 6 Shift was part of it.Item is part of it.The children that were put in a coma in the first season were par of it.Those idiots in this filler wished they were part of it...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by nanajp »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by nanajp »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

104 by nanajp »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.