Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2013 8:27 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Why in this season all precure attacks are so lame ?
Sep 9, 2013 11:50 AM

Apr 2008
Sure is finale in here.

Although this was a decent episode in and of itself (very reminiscent of many of the other season's finales), DokiDoki unfortunately lacks the backing of a good cast and a well developed setting (unlike Splash Star, which nailed these aspects) to really create a lasting impact. Why should we care that a bunch of random people suddenly fell into a deep sleep when we've barely been shown how they are an inseparable part of the Cures' lives? Sure, we've been told this whenever the writers feel it's convenient to throw in a side character whom we'll never see again, but there's very little actually supporting the Cures' resolves. As such, it was mostly a lot of empty preaching coming from a bunch of Mary Sues rather than girls who have come to cherish their everyday lives and will fight their darnedest to preserve what is precious; DokiDoki may be going through the motions, but it lacks any impact.

That being said, I did like how Mana allowed herself to have a big KEY-level cry-fest before picking herself right up. It added a much needed human side to an otherwise idealized figure.

Sep 9, 2013 1:01 PM
Sep 2011
Don_Don_Kun said:

That being said, I did like how Mana allowed herself to have a big KEY-level cry-fest before picking herself right up. It added a much needed human side to an otherwise idealized figure.

It also makes me feel relieved about one of my biggest fears with this show, that Mana would be shown, quite painfully, that her optimism and idealism are reckless and foolish. Fortunately she seems to be every bit as serious about being a Precure as she is about helping others with minor things.

It almost seems self-aware how the characters all stand around and are like "We're gonna gain a power-up, right now?" and then start making their speeches of determination, causing the mirror to activate. Magical girls having that much control over their hearts could make for some serious hax.

Anyway this episode was actually pretty good imo. The new attack was pretty silly looking, and it probably wasn't a good idea to outright KILL two villains who were only introduced quite recently, but I got kinda sick of them and I'm looking forward to the other three villains who aren't Regina doing something again.

It's almost like those jokes about studio executives replacing cast members.

"We need to go in a fresh new direction. Ira, Mamo, Bel, we're replacing you with these two new guys."

Then ten episodes later.

"Okay, Leva and Gula, you guys aren't testing well with the viewers, you're out."
Sep 10, 2013 8:58 AM

Nov 2007
I actually liked the episode but it was a bit to sudden,
What I didn't liked thought was the new attack?... I mean they lack inspiration or something?...
It didn't looked cool to me at all. Now am curious where the story will go next, hopefully not "monster of the week" eps from this point on.
Sep 12, 2013 2:07 AM
Nov 2008
I can't decide if this was a good episode or it failed badly.

It had a season's finale vibe, Leva and Gula plan was good, the power up was just to be expected so for me it was ok, also with that Mana's cry it's the second(?) time she realize she actually fails to completely understand someone which makes her more human and less Mary Sue.

... but than, that Precure IPad and totally lame attack they were almost painful to see.
If it wasn't for Bel and the end the whole episode would left me with a sour taste.

Well I guess it's time to return to the original trio while I wonder when the final 2 villain will appear ( Pride and Lust )
Sep 13, 2013 7:54 AM

Jan 2008
Meh, the new attack lacked the oomph. And Bel showed again that he's the best pony of this show. Altough I'll miss Leva: he was fabulous.
Sep 16, 2013 6:39 PM

Nov 2011
Won't it be great if Bel be the final villain? but seeing how Joker got pushed aside like nothing on Smile after Pierrot is revived, I won't get my hope up.

Sep 17, 2013 6:27 AM

Aug 2008
Apple has invaded PreCure?
Sep 17, 2013 2:29 PM

Feb 2012
This new attack was shit indeed. Are they even trying? Heart needs to have her hand glow with awesome power, its burning grip telling her to defeat her enemies and grasp victory. ERUPTING BURNING SEKIHA LOVE LOVE STRAIGHT FLUSH.

Seriously, this is yet again a step down from the previous season.
Dec 25, 2013 9:17 PM

Jul 2008
I have a weird feeling when watching DokiDoki. I find most of the episodes, when viewed individually, pretty good. There are a few great ones and a handful of terrible ones, but normally I come out of each episode moderately satisfied. But when I look at the show as a whole it is so lacking. There are so many random plot elements in this show it is like the writer are throwing a lot of past Precure story lines at the wall and seeing what sticks. Characters are coming and going only when they are important, and the power ups and new attacks are not very impressive. I basically just try not to think about the overarching story while watching the show.

I also think it is a little weird that they need to keep increasing their convictions. I mean, how much can you "want" to save the world, you know? And if they can increase their convictions just by talking about it, they should just win already.
Feb 1, 2021 12:44 PM
Feb 2018
Well this episode seemed pretty out of place, a random near end of the world scenario as well as new power up.

Kind of a small detail, but I liked how Rikka told Aguri to not transform at the start due to the 5 minute limit, almost thought the writers forgot that Rikka was able to think critically. The Cures showed that there isn't a need to spam Rosetta reflection in response to every attack, RR should be used to shield others if they can't move, not to block an attack that can be easily dodged.

Seems like I'm the only one that feels Mana's breakdown was corny. Come on your town hasn't even been destroyed yet, your loved ones aren't even dead yet. Speaking of Mana, isn't this being way too focused on Mana, seriously. Even during the attack they all passed their powers to Cure Heart. Come on Sword and Ace, it's like they're forgetting the fact that they're both supposed to be more experienced and powerful than Heart.

I'm still curious about the cooldown time for Ace's transformation though, was she able to transform back because of the new powers or did her transformation just finished cooldown and she's able to transform again? Also nah Mana saying "purikyua itsutsu no chikai hitotsu!" doesn't sound as good as when Aguri says it. (Or I'm just too used to Aguri saying it)

Hold on did Bel kill the 2 other villians? (don't remember their names) Glad he did though after what they did to Ira not too long back. What happened to Marmo though? She hasn't been around. I like Bel, he's like a homie to Ira and Marmo, a clown when around Regina yet still a very powerful and intimidating villian on his own.
CWCFeb 1, 2021 12:49 PM
Aug 15, 2021 2:13 AM

Feb 2020
This new attack was a little lame.

R.I.P Leva and Gula. Bel became more stronger.

SerafosFeb 21, 1:08 AM
Mar 17, 2022 12:38 AM
Oct 2019
man it's so tiresome roflmao at least leva and gula were taken out of the picture they sucked tbh

More topics from this board

Poll: » DokiDoki! Precure Episode 35 Discussion

ZettaiRyouiki - Oct 12, 2013

14 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 27 Discussion

Kaengel - Aug 4, 2013

20 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 21, 2023 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 23 Discussion

symbv - Jul 6, 2013

31 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 22 Discussion

FrozenLilith - Jun 29, 2013

29 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Oct 14, 2023 3:13 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 4 Discussion

symbv - Feb 23, 2013

27 by Archer2 »»
Jul 11, 2023 5:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.