Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2009 5:06 AM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, after four and a half years Yumi and Sachiko finally make it to the amusement park. Naturally, nothing can go that easily.

Yumi looks surprisingly mature, given a simple hair change.

Should be pulling meaning out of the conversations between Yumi and Kashiwagi for a while, because between Yumi's denseness and the ginkgo prince's penchant for speaking cryptically, his intentions are still unclear.

All in all, a little bit underwhelming to start but some very interesting development between players in Sachiko's future, when the season's been light on her until now.

Despite half-screen pizza advertisements, production took a noticeable dive in the first half but ramped up again during the various heart-to-hearts at the Ogasawara residence and reached OVA-level during the last scene between soeurs (arguably most important). It's almost a Deen trademark.

Touko time next week
Feb 1, 2009 6:39 AM

Aug 2008
Couldnt agree more about Yumi looking more mature, its the first thing i thought, though her actions didnt reflect her mature look.

I liked the Kashiwagi conversations, since he and Sachiko are family they should have a certain amount of love for each other anyway, so him saying he did love her but not in a "i want to marry her" kind of way i was happy about. I agree stil alot of mystery surrounding him, but he did and does say some good and interesting things at times.

I loved the close scenes between Yumi and Sachiko, but i always do, but not had many good ones lately so it was nice.

I bet i could guess why Touko didnt go with Kashiwagi, and no i dont mean his driving :)

I was looking forward to this, the date was a long time coming, but hell after seeing that preview im far more interested in seeing next weeks episode, the waits going to kill me.
Feb 1, 2009 1:46 PM

Feb 2008
drama drama drama. probably the best there is. sachiko is just too much fun to watch. not in a silly way, but because she just exudes an aura of maturity that is second to none. also goes to show that her pairing with yumi was that much more effective.

that last piece of shiratori was pretty neat
Feb 1, 2009 2:40 PM

Aug 2008
shiratori, is that the word game they played while on the train.
Feb 1, 2009 8:36 PM

Nov 2008
This episode was pretty good. Boy did they smack you across the face with those pizza hut advertisements. Anyway, this episode strayed away from the seour hunting thats been going on and put the focus back on that good ol' Sachiko and Yumi lovin'. It was a nice change of pace. Sachiko is my hero. I love seeing her soft side and you always get a nice view of it when these Sachiko x Yumi moments happen. This is probably the slowest paced episode of this season so far, but it was still a good insight to the characters closest to Sachiko.
Feb 3, 2009 8:13 PM

Jan 2009
Pretty good episode and it was nice to actually see Sachiko have some time this season. I can't wait for next week's episode and some more YumixTouko development.
Feb 8, 2009 12:12 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, i enjoyed Yumi with her hair down. I'm a bit surprised by Kashiwagi's appearance and role in this episode. Next episode seems great, Touko coming to Yumi's house ^^
Feb 9, 2009 12:10 AM

Jan 2007
Yumi in her new hairstyle was love <3

Really liked the interaction between her and Kashiwagi. Made the episode worthwhile.
Feb 11, 2009 10:10 PM

Dec 2007
Yumi in her new hairstyle was nice! Enjoyable episode so far. After I watched the preview for the next episode, I am so excited!
Feb 12, 2009 5:49 AM

Mar 2008
Nice change of setting, the soeur-hunting was getting a bit repetetive. Finally some more Yumi and Sachico-moments. Sachiko's soft side is just so cute. =]
Mar 25, 2009 1:25 PM

Dec 2008

its like a 180°turn of appearance, looks a lot more mature.

I think she looks even more cute that way but in the end, i dont care... Yumi is just such a sweet girl :3
Dec 5, 2009 1:16 AM

Dec 2008
Kashiwagi x Yuki is officially my favorite pairing! <3 Oh the irony...here I am watching an anime famed for its shojo-ai subtext (can we really still call it "subtext" at this point? >>;) and my favorite pairing ends up being the yaoi pairing. XD
Feb 10, 2010 3:40 PM

Aug 2009
Kashiwagi-san.
He likes a lot of things.

(That must go on a Motivational Picture)
Jul 18, 2013 4:56 AM

Jan 2013
Yumi's hairstyle in this episode <3
She should wear it like this all the time.
Jan 21, 2014 8:28 AM

Dec 2010
Yumi with her hair down is a miracle of the universe.
Feb 14, 2014 5:01 AM

Aug 2013
Yumi should definitely start wearing her hair down.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 25, 2014 8:11 PM

Apr 2014
Loved this episode! Sachiko is such an old soul, her mannerisms and words so cute and awkward. Yumi's hair should definitely stay like this! The pigtails are getting old

Dec 22, 2014 5:48 PM

Sep 2014
About time they went on their date!

Yumi's hair! She needs to wear it down more often. So pretty~

I lol'd at Sachko saying how swaying together on a packed train with Yumi would be fun. Oh yes Sachiko, you would find it fun heh heh heh...

Yay! Sachiko and Suguru won't be marrying each other! Suguru should marry Yuki and Yumi should marry Sachiko. The bed scene with Sachiko and Yumi was so freaking adorable. Subtext my ass!
Feb 2, 2015 11:27 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Yumi in her new hair style looks more mature and adult like. Although I like ponytail Yumi more.

Kashiwagi's love being regular equal love. Yes Yumi, there are different levels of love.The bed scene was nice, like Sacchan said, Yumi can do things Kashiwagi can't.

Sep 13, 2017 4:37 PM
Aug 2014
Was rather disappointed their date was interrupted and cut short.
Jul 11, 2020 1:09 PM
Jan 2018
Where did you get 4 and half years from lol. They have only known each other for over a year
Jan 7, 2022 2:01 PM

Aug 2018
Yumi's default hairstyle really makes her look a bit childish.. Whenever she gets her hair down instead.. Or when she looks like now, arriving to the date with Sachiko.. She looks much more attractive, to be honest.. Her usual tails look a bit strange for her age already, to be honest.. Or maybe it's just me, who feels like so, I'm alright with it just being my feeling..
It's strange to see Sachiko getting tired like this.. We knew that she likes to sleep after journeys and stuff, but here she is less healthy than Yoshino, pretty much.. Which wasn't the case before..
Apr 24, 2022 8:02 PM

Jun 2014
I also really liked Yumi's hairstyle in this episode.

I hope that Sachiko doesn't have anything wrong with her, and that what she experienced at the amusement park really isn't too big of a deal like everyone said.

May 2, 2022 2:50 AM

Jul 2021
Yumi looks cool with her hairstyle and heh Kashiwagi x Yuki :o
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 14, 2022 7:18 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Love to see Yumi finally get her amusement park date with Sachiko after all this time, but it wasn’t just the two of them since Kashiwagi and Yuki were also there. It seemed like a bad thing for a while until Sachiko ended up collapsing from being dizzy, you often forget she’s kinda feeble like that lol. But at least the amusement park date up to that point was awesome, also Yumi’s reaction to Kashiwagi being left alone with Sachiko was hilarious, can’t have that in our yuri anime lol.

We also learned a bit more about Kashiwagi and how he feels about Sachiko, which was interesting stuff, and I can’t blame him for wanting to marry Yumi even if it was a joke lol. and that final bit between Yumi and Sachiko in the bed was very sweet. Also Pizza Hut has returned once again lol, much more obvious this time, I don’t mind it tho, it’s honestly funny.

Also Yumi’s hairstyle in this one was cute, wish we saw that more often.
Feb 27, 2023 2:09 PM

Aug 2021
at some point this anime was hijacked by unlikable men
Dec 24, 2023 4:03 AM

Jul 2023
Reply to Mattinator95
Where did you get 4 and half years from lol. They have only known each other for over a year
@Mattinator95 must be referring to the original air date.

In season 2, which was shown in late 2004, Yumi was asking Sachiko for a death, but circumstances in Sachioko's family won't allow her. This lead to that great conflict in S2.

There wasn't any date between them (not counting Yumi's stay at Sachiko's summer vacation house.)

So this episode was supposed to be that date Yumi was asking Sachiko since season 2.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

id - Mar 27, 2009

68 by Rurihime »»
Feb 9, 1:28 PM

» Will there ever be a season 5?

grandy_UiD - Feb 18, 2012

13 by Rurihime »»
Feb 9, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 12 Discussion

kisami - Mar 21, 2009

24 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 4:35 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 11 Discussion

Beave - Mar 14, 2009

32 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 10 Discussion

Beave - Mar 8, 2009

25 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 2:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.