Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 7 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 15, 2013 11:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh so the trial begins. Not that I'm surprised or anything but Celes goes right on the move.

Ironic since Celes turns out to be guilty. Ah...time to go:

I guess that's another one that bites the dust. But damn, she managed to pretty much eliminate two people. I'm glad Kirigiri is safe but I will actually miss Celes from this show. I am surprised @ the ending of this episode...because I see Sakura but whoa! I wasn't expecting that.
Aug 15, 2013 11:18 AM
Jan 2012
Wow I thought they would put the part with the masked person and Sakura in next episode... Trial was okay but it was obvious that Celes was the culprit but I played the game so I knew it beforehand
Aug 15, 2013 12:34 PM

Mar 2013
-Is it just me or they cut part of the OP?

-She pulled that note out of the fat guy's pants(or underpants) and put it in front of her face,ewwwww?

-So Celes killed her friends just so she could fulfilled her dream of having her own personal vampiric-looking reverse harem ? Best motive in this show so far.

-I like this execution,she was expecting some classic/romantic death but he rammed her with a firetruck instead lol

-And who is this nice-looking masked man?The mastermind?

(Dammit Naegi ! Dont friendzone Kirigiri too!)
Aug 15, 2013 12:37 PM

Jun 2011
Just a question.. did the include the Justice Robo part?
Aug 15, 2013 12:40 PM

Mar 2013
FastWheels said:
Just a question.. did the include the Justice Robo part?

If you mean the part when they found Hakagure in that costume at the beginning of the ep then yep.
Aug 15, 2013 1:56 PM

Jul 2013
zakkun89 said:

-So Celes killed her friends just so she could fulfilled her dream of having her own personal vampiric-looking reverse harem ? Best motive in this show so far.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who appreciated that. It basically killed her character in the game for me because it basically ripped apart the tricky, well-motivated murder trial that mostly everyone was expecting but still lol.

Edit: OH GOD I just remembered who's gonna die next and I'm not emotionally prepared for it.
ChanaynayAug 15, 2013 2:05 PM
Aug 15, 2013 2:17 PM

Nov 2008
zakkun89 said:
-Is it just me or they cut part of the OP?

-She pulled that note out of the fat guy's pants(or underpants) and put it in front of her face,ewwwww?
lmao. kirigiri found that note inside the underwear hence pantsu. oh kirigiri xD
DenjaXAug 15, 2013 2:20 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Aug 15, 2013 2:29 PM

Sep 2011
i always hated celes and this whole section is good example as to why, i really have no clue why she was so well recieved, she was so 1 dimensional and had nothing more to her other than shes a bitch.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 15, 2013 2:51 PM

Nov 2007
That huge volume hair wearing robot, and being suspected as criminal at first. As well as calm girl. So there are 5 hammers, instead of 4? And that otaku guy was coop.? That ponytail girl has double personality, too> Wow, such an ojou-san wish.

That strong female outfit guy at the end... And why can't they go out? (and why that truth is not to be known enough to delete it?)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 15, 2013 2:54 PM

Nov 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
i always hated celes and this whole section is good example as to why, i really have no clue why she was so well recieved, she was so 1 dimensional and had nothing more to her other than shes a bitch.
evil queen type who wears a facade, a manipulator and has gothic lolita fashion is a major plus on a character. its not really a surprise that shes popular.

as for the episode, it is still rushed but at least they tried to getthe general points of the story

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Aug 15, 2013 3:00 PM

May 2012
Monobear was eating the Mondo Butter during the trial... ;_;

Good to see Celes' breakdown in all its animated glory. Her execution never fails to make me smile because of how ironic it is.
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
I wouldn't say that Celes is entirely one dimensional. It's true that she has the least sympathetic motive of all the culprits so far, but it's heavily implied that her calmness and 'ojou-sama' behaviour is just a facade, especially right before she's about to be executed. Celes is a gambler who never loses, and this was the gamble of her life. It just turned out that Naegi was dealt a royal flush while she got a pair of twos.

Celes was scared, just like everyone else there. I think her vampire servant story was (at least partially) complete bullshit and all she really wanted was to get out of the school of death.
RarityAug 15, 2013 3:16 PM
Aug 15, 2013 3:44 PM

Jul 2013
RarityRoyale said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
I wouldn't say that Celes is entirely one dimensional. It's true that she has the least sympathetic motive of all the culprits so far, but it's heavily implied that her calmness and 'ojou-sama' behaviour is just a facade, especially right before she's about to be executed. Celes is a gambler who never loses, and this was the gamble of her life. It just turned out that Naegi was dealt a royal flush while she got a pair of twos.

Celes was scared, just like everyone else there. I think her vampire servant story was (at least partially) complete bullshit and all she really wanted was to get out of the school of death.

That AND people expected a lot from her. I mean, SHSL Gambler basically translates to SHSL Liar. You think with someone as deceitful as she is that she'd be able to pull off a difficult case to solve. Sadly, she disappointed us in that department (although she did leave a lot of shit to talk about).

She certainly was a bitch though. I think that's given since every time you go to her during Free Time she basically calls you ugly lol.
Aug 15, 2013 3:51 PM

Apr 2013
Chanaynay said:
RarityRoyale said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

That AND people expected a lot from her. I mean, SHSL Gambler basically translates to SHSL Liar. You think with someone as deceitful as she is that she'd be able to pull off a difficult case to solve. Sadly, she disappointed us in that department (although she did leave a lot of shit to talk about).

She certainly was a bitch though. I think that's given since every time you go to her during Free Time she basically calls you ugly lol.

I dont see nothing about her to hate , her arrogance amuses me , it's one of the very few that dont irritate me because of arrogance or dont irritate me at all.
I still need an explanation why do I like Kirigiri , I mean it would make sense if I'd like Asahina .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 15, 2013 3:57 PM

Jun 2013
The episode was pretty good, and Celes got what she deserved. It was kinda obvious she was manipulative towards Yamada from the start, and all she needed was a motive. I was saddened to see Ishimaru die (again) because he was one of my personal fvorites, but at least both Yamada and her got what they asked for. It was a relatively tame execution though, which saddens me. Should've let her burn instead of a fire truck, much more torturous and painful to endure.

BloodyNightsky said:
Chanaynay said:
RarityRoyale said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

I dont see nothing about her to hate , her arrogance amuses me , it's one of the very few that dont irritate me because of arrogance or dont irritate me at all.
I still need an explanation why do I like Kirigiri , I mean it would make sense if I'd like Asahina .
I agree completely with everything except for Celes. There is no explanation on my part, but for some reason i strongly dislike her. It's odd to me because I tend to like the more shady and cruel characters. *Cough* Nagito *Cough*
Aug 15, 2013 4:43 PM

May 2012
Rigix said:
The episode was pretty good, and Celes got what she deserved. It was kinda obvious she was manipulative towards Yamada from the start, and all she needed was a motive. I was saddened to see Ishimaru die (again) because he was one of my personal fvorites, but at least both Yamada and her got what they asked for. It was a relatively tame execution though, which saddens me. Should've let her burn instead of a fire truck, much more torturous and painful to endure.
Being burned at the stake is exactly the kind of dramatic, romanticised death that Celes wanted (you can see her looking up the sky dramatically as the fire gets closer to her). Monobear sent the firetruck just to be an asshole and deny her of that. It was the perfect despair-inducing death for her.
Aug 15, 2013 5:32 PM

Jan 2010

There goes my fav char, oh wellz

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Aug 15, 2013 5:47 PM

Feb 2010
Chanaynay said:
RarityRoyale said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Yeah this is where Celes disappointed me in the game.

You would expect some kind of really hard to solve case from someone who supposedly beat Akagi and Akiyama & Nao (Liar Game manga) . I know those are just fun references but still.
Aug 15, 2013 5:52 PM

Apr 2013
Well , you cant blame on her since she was helped by a fattie idiot , can you?
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 15, 2013 6:44 PM
Nov 2010
Yeah he was pretty incompetent wasn't he? But personally I like Leon Kuwata's design. Maizono should of called him in for something else then a stabbity stab stab. Maybe she needed something else stabbed. Ah, doujins how I miss you so.
Aug 15, 2013 6:54 PM

May 2012
Korokun said:
Yeah he was pretty incompetent wasn't he? But personally I like Leon Kuwata's design. Maizono should of called him in for something else then a stabbity stab stab. Maybe she needed something else stabbed. Ah, doujins how I miss you so.
?

Dude I think you're in the wrong episode discussion.
Aug 15, 2013 6:55 PM

Jul 2013
BloodyNightsky said:
Well , you cant blame on her since she was helped by a fattie idiot , can you?

I don't think anyone is blaming her haha. Although she did say that Yamada was a poor choice for an accomplice. The thing is that the trial is pretty obvious in general. It was easy to see that she was acting unusually. And yes, her fake attack would make a good case for why she would be acting more vulnerable than usual. BUT, given that no one "saw" anything besides her, it wasn't that hard to figure out she was deliberately moving everyone around. That, combined with how unusually defensive she is at her trial, basically tears down the character the game had been building up. I liked Celes, she was still cool even though she was a bitch, she had a kind of arrogance that wasn't nearly as annoying as Togami's, but she was handled very poorly in Chapter 3.

Of course, that's just me. Plenty of people may dislike her because she was mean and manipulative. I still hold some resentment for killing off a heartbroken Ishimaru, but I still like her a good deal.

The thing about Danganronpa (and similar visual novels published by Spike like 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward) is that no character is entirely good or entirely bad. All the characters have their good and bad sides. Maizono, in particular, resembles another very morally ambiguous character from the Zero Escape series who is the center of a lot of the fandom's controversy. But it's an endless cycle, you see. Because some people like a character in spite of their bad qualities, while other people dislike a character in spite of their good qualities. So disputing a character from a series like this is never going to go your way because everyone sees things in a different light.

PS: Yamada annoyed the hell out of me and he probably is an idiot. But I never held contempt for him because of his weight and I suggest that's something you may want to refrain from in the future or else real life will be very frustrating.
Aug 15, 2013 6:56 PM

Jul 2012
I haven't even watched this episode yet, but I knew it was her! Weird intuition told me. @_@
Aug 15, 2013 9:18 PM

Sep 2011
mayukachan said:
I haven't even watched this episode yet, but I knew it was her! Weird intuition told me. @_@
that and it is the most obvious murder in the entire game, chap 3 is easily the worst part of the game, from the trial, to the waste of ishida and poor pacing, the anime made it worse. Thank god chap 4 is amazing.....so lets see how the anime fucks it up, maybe with considerably less cast members the pacing will be a little less rushed

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 15, 2013 9:27 PM

Apr 2013
it was so obvious last episode that she was the culprit.. whatever.

this show is all over the place, but it is entertaining thats for sure.. I think I know who's gonna die next.
Aug 15, 2013 10:24 PM

May 2012
Damn I loved ‎Celestia Ludenberg. R.I.P. Queen of Lairs. I am not ready for who is about to die next though.
Aug 16, 2013 12:37 AM

Apr 2013
@Chanaynay : Actually its extremely funny to do that , especially to do it to the arrogant girls . Nothing frustrating .
Aug 16, 2013 6:08 AM

May 2010
3/5 show is getting really predictable.
Aug 16, 2013 6:14 AM

Nov 2012
bye bye celes. her execution is still the best.

the masked man appears (i already totally forgot they appeared so early lol) and sakura has some business with monokuma ~

Aug 16, 2013 6:47 AM

Mar 2010
most summarized episode ever.
...Also, within the next episode every character I liked will be dead.
Mondo, Ishimaru, Chihiro, Celes and the one dying on ep. 8 ;_;

【私の夢しかありません。】 | | | | | | |
Aug 16, 2013 6:49 AM

Sep 2011
Mittee said:
Kerozinn said:

Case 3 is the worst one. It gets better from here.
well that would be the case in the gAme, but seeing how chap 4 and 5 are considerably longer than all the previous chapters the pacing in the anime will probably ruin things

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 16, 2013 6:50 AM

May 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Mittee said:
Kerozinn said:

Case 3 is the worst one. It gets better from here.
well that would be the case in the gAme, but seeing how chap 4 and 5 are considerably longer than all the previous chapters the pacing in the anime will probably ruin things

Wish they made it into 14 - 15 eps instead. That would fit the remaining cases.
Aug 16, 2013 7:18 AM

Aug 2013
Really rushed, and can't really see the pacing getting any better, but still waiting earnestly for chapter 4 & 5
Aug 16, 2013 8:07 AM
Jan 2012
"once they use the evil voice, we have found our culprit"
for a gambler, thats a pretty bad poker face :)
Aug 16, 2013 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
LOL at the firetruck out of nowhere. Monokuma know how to execute people with his style and not the style they wanted.

The trial was meh to me, it just too fast. I hope they slowed down the pace for the last two chapters or I'll be pissed.

Aug 16, 2013 9:18 AM

May 2013
So Celes was the culprit and found out her real name.

What is with that ending with Sakura and Monokuma. And who is that person with the mask?
Aug 16, 2013 10:00 AM

Jun 2013
i was sure the culprit was sakura becaue hes the only one who could go with the Heavy robot,didn't saw it coming from Celes i was sure they wouldnt get rid of interesting characters so fast but this getting anime so unpredictable,well as long Kirigiri is safe i am cool

5/5 =)
Aug 16, 2013 10:07 AM

Sep 2012
I take the firetruck as the mercy given to Celes for her calm, willing and graceful submission to the judgement result.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 16, 2013 10:46 AM

Apr 2010
This is so rushed..
Aug 16, 2013 11:05 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Oh so it was Celes. She's one crazy person...I was not expecting her to go all insane and shouting like that. But at least she gave up trying to defend herself. I probably missed it or something, but did it ever say how Yamato knew her real name? Did he see her ID card or...? And also, when that guy came from behind Naegi, that scared me D: but cool, I love hidden rooms.
Aug 16, 2013 11:06 AM

Apr 2012
symbv said:
I take the firetruck as the mercy given to Celes for her calm, willing and graceful submission to the judgement result.

Hahaha, you couldn't be more wrong. The entire point of the firetruck was to crush her resolve and make her despair in an undignfied death.

For clarification on her personality and motives, the manga gave more insight into who she is. Here's from TV Tropes: "She was once Taeko Yasuhiro, who was extremely plain and the plain-ness made her ostracized as an unremarkable nobody, her adopting the persona Celes and taking on every of her aspects, including the darker ones, were her only escape from such plain and suffering life. Her romanticized dream of living in a castle full of manservants makes more sense here that she came too far being the persona of 'Celes', if she lowered her standards, if she stops being Celes, she could fall into that plain life that made her suffer."

Basically her real self has as terrible self-esteem as Fukawa but didn't even have Fukawa's literary talents and fame to back herself up, and desperately fantasized abut a dreamy life. When she started to win at gambling she used to money to construct a new identity as Celes Ludenburg, and grew completely addicted to that life, growing delusional. To give that up, her preferred identity, would be like suicide to her, and she needed money to continue the facade and keep lying to herself.

That's why she wanted a dramatic, romantic death befitting a queen or saint (she comments she'll be reborn as Marie Antoinette and then is burned at the stake like Joan of Arc). So just to troll her and deny her that, Monokuma sent the fire truck at her (and the manga shows her horrified face at it), because this is a commoner's death. Normal, unspecial people die in traffic accidents all the time, and she would just be another nameless addition to that statistic.

As an interesting sidenote, if you ever thought she and Togami had lots of similarities...Togami was originally designed as a Jewish heiress named Miss Rudenberg
Aug 16, 2013 11:11 AM

Jul 2013
Well the culprit was Celes, I knew it, but I didn't think Yamada was teaming up with Celes the whole time. I actually liked Celes as a character, with her calmness and elegance, but when she started yelling, I really wasn't expecting that :/

But it seems that Kirigiri already knows what's up, and that Masked Man that hit Naegi is awfully suspicious
I don't know who that guy might be though, and what the heck was with that ending, it raised a lot of questions.
Aug 16, 2013 11:47 AM

Sep 2012
Moekou said:
symbv said:

Hahaha, you couldn't be more wrong. The entire point of the firetruck was to crush her resolve and make her despair in an undignfied death.
Well, maybe I couldn't be more wrong from the game's point of view, but from what is shown on the anime, I believe my interpretation makes sense and there is nothing wrong about it.

As for the manga, it is just another adaptation of the game, which may keep something from the game and may also change something from it.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 16, 2013 12:17 PM

Dec 2011
Celes-chan!!! No!!

Can't wait to see who hit Naegi's head in that hidden room. Also, looks like Oogami is trying to battle Monokuma! Wow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2013 12:26 PM

Oct 2011
OMG!!!!!! What was up with the masked man??? ( the mole traitor) There was hitting sounds before Naegi saw Sakura and Monokuma battling out?? So someone already died then?

0 [] 0
Aug 16, 2013 12:38 PM

Jan 2013
not a bad episode .. at least the ending is there , although they should've included more if they cut out the opening >< .. oh well .. hopes the next episode is better ..
-CnXaDi.
Aug 16, 2013 12:43 PM
Feb 2013

RIP to Taeko, that's her real name right?

OOOOh, Negai behind you!!!!!!!
Aug 16, 2013 12:55 PM
Feb 2013
I kind of thought it was gonna be her... I did like her though .3. I hope Naegi (might be spelling his name wrong) doesn't die! He's my second favorite character after Chihiro :( Anyways Celes's death was pretty funny! xD Starts off as an elegant death at the stake, then *BAM* Firetruck to the face XD Monobear's an asshole for sure! XD

But i've heard people say the next episode is depressing... Now i'm scared >.>

I hope they release they full version of the ending theme soon though! ^_^
Aug 16, 2013 1:18 PM

Apr 2012
the first half of the show was really rushed. the trial was okay but it made it seem like the whole murder was a silly fart, especially how they made naegi solved it. i wish they put more time into the trial and everyone figuring out who the killer is rather than naegi remembering one thing and thats it.
either way, the lowkey MTB between celes and naegi gave me chills. it was the best part, imo.
im hoping that they dont frick up in the next chapter, because that was the most emotional one to me and i want everyone that's watching the show to experience it as well.
Still, I think they're saving the last4-5 episodes for chapters 5 and 6, which are undoubtedly the big meat of dangan ronpa.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2013 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
I agree to the last section. Don't just insult Yamada because of his weight, maybe try looking past his appearance and looking at his personality and mannerisms instead? Then you can call him an 'idiot'.

So , you agree with him and with me that he is an idiot but you dont agree that he's an idiot?
He basically agreed with me that he is an idiot but he suggested me to cut the "fattie" out of the "fattie idiot" . And , yeah , if making fun of a fat person makes him lose weight I'll do that and I'll enjoy it.
Aug 16, 2013 1:57 PM

Apr 2013
Nah , all I said he is an idiot because he acts like one , I added fattie because he is . Even Celes said that he wasnt the best choice to do that .
Dont get me wrong , but there are alot of good persons in real life but theyr are idiots and its the same with anime characters . Being an idiot makes him a wrong choice for certain things ..... in Yamada's case plotting is his worst point.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.