3It was OK
10.8%
2Disliked it
3.5%
1Hated it
5.2%
Average 4.3
286 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 25, 2009 11:10 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow, hat was a very intense last three episode. for a second i thought they were going to get discovered, or commit suicide or something crazy like that. in the end they just went with the flow. hehe. i am not so sure how i feel about that. i mean society is not so kind that such a thing would go unnoticed. not only that people see incest as so repulsive that even a inkling of it raises a flag in everyone and their mothers. i wouldn't really mind if someone i knew was into that so long as there was no detrimental effects. oh well, its just a story right?
May 28, 2009 7:49 PM

May 2008
I guess the ending is open to interpretation. For some reason it left me with the feeling that they would secretly love each other, and spend a day in spring every year together. However, the love between the two to me is questionable. Especially for the older brother. I didn't really see what he saw in his younger sister. It seemed more like infatuation than love to me, which in that case makes him a crazy dude. Also I didn't really like the way he handled the relationship. I thought that he was going to fix the issue towards the end, but letting it continue kinda surprised me. He seemed like he didn't mature enough to control, or restrain his emotions. He knew what they were doing was wrong, he knew exactly what he had to do to stop it from going further, he chose to continue the "love" relationship, so I was really disappointed in his character.
"One has to accept that to be human is to be fallible, and then do the best one can and be captured by the music." - Gyorgy Sebok
Sep 2, 2009 12:56 PM

Feb 2008
The ending was so open. did they agree not to met each other until the spring of every year. Or are they still going to be together? Well in any case, it was a good drama series, but i can't give it any higher than a 6/10 solely based on my personal morals. And just like the translators note mentioned on the last ep "I don't condone statutory rape or incest" as what happened in ep 11
Sep 9, 2009 3:56 PM

Apr 2009
I just loved this series, and it turned out all right for them in the end. It doesn't matter that it's incest, they love each other so that's that. That translator's note at the end really pissed me off though, they could really keep their personal opinion to themselves.

Nov 28, 2009 7:28 PM

Jan 2008
hmhm I finished this awhile ago -__-;; and the ending is really open but most probably that they will meet every spring :D Nanoka's friend was scared cos she knew she might be with her big brother *___* anyhow I've enjoyed watching this I give it a 7 ~
Dec 1, 2009 7:55 PM

Jun 2009
You kids and your morals...

I really really don't know how you kids rate those sicko ecchi series higher than this series. Despite the twofold taboo on this show it is really more realistic than your idiotic ecchi harem crap. This is better than most anime I've seen (except the art) and you don't have to agree but I frankly say I really enjoyed this show.
Jan 20, 2010 6:25 PM
Aug 2009
Great series, one of my favorites.
Jan 31, 2010 4:15 AM
Dec 2009
I really enjoyed this show. The ending is very open to interpretation, but damn it, I'm going to assume they stayed together forever. I'm a sucker for happy endings.

As for the incest part: I don't really have a problem with it (oh Internet, how you have changed me). If they're in love, I say go for it. I don't know what version you people watched, but the anime.fin fansub I watched had a "P.S. anime.fin condones incest" line just before the credits of ep 13. :D

Animation was meh, but the quality of the story gives this a 10/10.
Feb 17, 2010 7:09 PM

Jun 2007
Does the manga continue on much past this "ending"? Everything felt to happy go lucky but I'm sure if there was a continuation we'd see nothing but hardships for both of them and their family. I'm guessing they both know nothing positive would happen if they "came out of the closet". This ending did indeed make it seem like they would continue living on as they where before hooking up but still support each other. Neither said I love you even though both wanted to. They only wrote their names on a tree and promised to go there once a year.

something I found interesting. The workers at the park where mentioning that the trees should be cut down. Nanoka and Koshiro write their names under an umbrella on one of the trees. Is this a subliminal message to us hinting that their relationship wont last? It felt like it, I mean why would they toss that chunk of info at us if it didn't mean something?

Anyway this was a decent series. the story was interesting to say the least.
Mar 8, 2010 5:17 AM

Jun 2009
I finished watching this series last night and it was a nice love story. I could handle the gap between their ages, but the brother thing is realy hard to digest. I was hoping that in the end, koshiro would be mature enough to understand and make nanoka understand too that they were brothers and put an end to anything else but brothers love. Thats what you can expect from an adult.

But well, as they say, you cant choose who you will fall in love... and just because of that im gonna assume too that they stayed together, just decided not to run away or tell anybody yet and promissed to go back to the park once a year to remember where they met.
Mar 8, 2010 2:55 PM

Dec 2008
DeathfireD said:

something I found interesting. The workers at the park where mentioning that the trees should be cut down. Nanoka and Koshiro write their names under an umbrella on one of the trees. Is this a subliminal message to us hinting that their relationship wont last? It felt like it, I mean why would they toss that chunk of info at us if it didn't mean something?

Aaaaah shimata! you have a point there. For the sake of my own happiness, I will choose the happy ever after option though.

To be honest, the age difference I found harder to digest than being siblings... It's not like they grew up together. Plus, they fell in love before they knew they were siblings!
Or maybe it's just because I don't have any siblings myself :P
Existence, well what does it matter?
I exist on the best terms I can
The past is now part of my future
The present is well out of hand
The present is well out of hand
Mar 14, 2010 7:26 PM

Aug 2008
Orio94 said:
That translator's note at the end really pissed me off though, they could really keep their personal opinion to themselves.

So you went with anime.fin too? Well, I don't mind, since everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I for one follow 2 criteria when deciding the worth of a romance, which is the question if whether a love is both pure and consensual. So if these criteria are satisfied, then I see past age, gender and blood barriers, or any other kind for that matter.
As for this anime, I liked the fact that they kept it open ended... after all, I'm all for happy endings whenever they're possible.
Mar 28, 2010 1:53 AM
Feb 2009
Wow... this anime really pushed the envelope, focused on such taboo subjects. Really made me ask questions about what defines love and how society defines love. Was their relationship love or infatuation? They were so convinced of their need for each other that they contemplated lover's suicide, which kinda shocked me. I think Nanoka is way too young to understand love and I think that Koshiro has serious problems, most of them being love related. They didn't really grow up together, so I guess that might make them feel a little less sibling like. It seemed to be love at first sight and they had no idea they were siblings, but still in my opinion, what business does a 27 year old have messing with a 15 year old? Even though I don't agree with a lot of the stuff in this anime( not to say the creators made it to promote incest) it made me think, ask lots of questions, and in the end, made me feel kinda weird... This is awesome though because these are the sort of things I like in an anime.
Apr 19, 2010 5:11 AM

Jun 2009
I like Koi Kaze because it handled the romance as realistically as possible instead of blowing it out of proportion.

I abhorred the first three episodes because it focused too much on hinting at Koshir's desire for incest and pedophilia which was further enforced by Koshiro's nerdy perverted coworker. Then it moved away from those implications and the remaining episodes made me sort of understand why they love each other.

Chidori's intervention really took this show to a whole new level and I have tremendous respect for her as a character.

Still, I'll be honest that I personally don't want anything to do with the taboo subjects associated with this show.
Apr 30, 2010 2:12 AM

Aug 2009
I'm glad that it was a happy ending^^
It was a good series, but they could have made more about how other people react to their relationship and what they do some years later and so on, but it was still quite good :-)

About the incest-topic: I think love knows no bounds. If homosexuality is allowed, incest should be allowed, too. Of course, to the most, both of them seem quite disgusting, but tolerance is to still accept those who prefer this.
To me, the bed scene still felt wrong, but that was because of the age gap. A 27-years-old man should really think twice, if he should take the virginity of a 15-year-old. Well, for me, he acted too fast and not appropriate for his age. The scene somehow made their love "impure"^^ But who knows, might be it's better for her having her first time this way than getting laid by some cheater.

It was a good and interesting anime with a not often used theme, I give it a 8/10.
Jun 10, 2010 7:36 AM
Jul 2009
In the manga, by the time they had sex Nanoka was about 17-18 years old.
Jul 25, 2010 3:06 PM

Apr 2008
garytek said:
Chidori's intervention really took this show to a whole new level and I have tremendous respect for her as a character.
Agreed completely. It was so real, how she handled it. Society will never accept incest, and she handled it perfectly.

This show was enjoyable. Kind of slow, but so is life. :) Expected some sort of tragedy to happen, like they both commit lover's suicide or that ferris wheel gets demolished while they're sitting in it, ahahaha. But part of me is a little unsatisfied that the ending glamorizes their relationship to an extent. There is no way their relationship would ever end happily. That's just the way it is.

Well, guess that's the beauty of this show: everything's up for interpretation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2010 9:48 PM
Mar 2010
amazing series 10/10 for me. i think wat Nanoko meant by visiting every spring was like a pre-planned date you know? and they just continued their relationship everyday like normal. GAH! i finished this in one day and want more!
Oct 15, 2010 10:51 PM
Jul 2018
Best romance anime ever. In my book anyway.

Few stories in any medium of storytelling push love so... powerfully.

True. It's easy to talk about the happiest elements of love, but... this one created one HELL of an eyeopener.
I'm glad they had this last ep. Helped with the "so... now what?" reaction(s).

Having saw this during my earlier days as a fan, I think it was this title here that didn't allow me to care very much for Clannad.

Still, I'm glad Geneon brought this over to the States. Sure... it's not the easiest story to get into but... it's one of the more daring experiences one can have.
10/10
Dec 1, 2010 2:33 PM

Feb 2010
Wow. That was beautifully done.... and something I'll never forget. It was very realistic and NOT over sexualized or over done in anyway.

I wanted to see what happened AFTER they became a couple in society, but it was also smart that they left things open to interpretation.

This "taboo" relationship was MUCH more meaningful than the bullsh!t relationships in harem anime... I'm surprisingly (because I wasn't into this show in the beginning) giving this series a 9/10. Bravo. Bravo!
MusashiRoseDec 1, 2010 3:48 PM
Dec 6, 2010 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
This was a GREAT series. I love how it pushed the envelope on such a taboo subject.

In response to some earlier posts, I think its pretty evident that they were planning to continue their relationship as usual. There was ZERO indication that they were going to "cut it off" and only see each other each spring. I mean if we look at every episode of the series, its clear that they could not live without each other. They wanted to be with each other all the time...(thats love).

For them to have a night together in the amusement park then...part ways and cut their relationship is irrational and illogical. It definitely does not flow with the intentions of the rest of the episodes.

Quite simply, that amusement park is where they first started to get to know each other, and thus holds significance for each other. She wanted to make it a recurring visit each spring since the sakura trees were in full bloom then as well.

The lady co-worker really did step it up and attempt to knock sense into them. She was a great character and very well done.

I cringed at episode 11 with the sex scene, but I guess that was to be expected, considering we all made a choice to finish a series about...incest.

I wont be recommending this to many people, mainly because of how taboo it is, but i have to say....ANIME romances need to be done like this. Amazing dialogue, GOOD pacing, and development in characters that make you care about them.

9/10 in my book.
Dec 27, 2010 5:23 PM
Dec 2010
Somehow i expected bit more from this anime, someone said it can be as good as series from Key. Guess it was hard to put 7/10 . There was potential, i liked feeling of reality.Good point was differentiation from usual concept of romance in animes
But there was strange thing, i like romances i kind of love them, i also watched some siblings romances and i liked them but in this one i hopped for "Nii-san" to get some reasoning from very 1st episode and for them to end up breaking up. i felt like "Nii-san Baka !! move to another town or country, became cosmonaut and live on Mars itll be more reasonable !!"
There should have been some dramatic obstacles or they should have found out they r not blood relatives in the end.i just miss something in there. It was too easygoing for reality and to boring for fantasy.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jan 7, 2011 7:14 AM
Sep 2009
greenmarty said:
Somehow i expected bit more from this anime, someone said it can be as good as series from Key. Guess it was hard to put 7/10 . There was potential, i liked feeling of reality.Good point was differentiation from usual concept of romance in animes
But there was strange thing, i like romances i kind of love them, i also watched some siblings romances and i liked them but in this one i hopped for "Nii-san" to get some reasoning from very 1st episode and for them to end up breaking up. i felt like "Nii-san Baka !! move to another town or country, became cosmonaut and live on Mars itll be more reasonable !!"
There should have been some dramatic obstacles or they should have found out they r not blood relatives in the end.i just miss something in there. It was too easygoing for reality and to boring for fantasy.

The point is that the anime is like a real thing, find that they are not related wold be kinda like a mexican telenovela.

I just finish Koi Kaze last night.

I didn´t like the end, since is so open, but as an anime, is verry recomendable. to tell the truth, i m sick of the exagerated ecchi animes, so Koi Kaze was a great change.

This anime will stay whit me.

My opinion about love is that, no matter what, blood, ages, religions or gender, if they love each other and if they know what loveis, its OK. since much of times is just ignorance and stupidity or just for the lulz
Jan 19, 2011 2:54 PM

Jul 2008
oh gosh, I cried again >_<

beautiful ending. I really wanted them to be together, but now I'll never know.

But it looks like they chose to keep their love to themselves. It's just sad that they can't live out their lives like other people. But at least they have their love I guess
Forever Fornever
Jan 19, 2011 4:50 PM
May 2009
LordMoe said:
oh gosh, I cried again >_<

beautiful ending. I really wanted them to be together, but now I'll never know.

But it looks like they chose to keep their love to themselves. It's just sad that they can't live out their lives like other people. But at least they have their love I guess

Yeah I cried too, and for me as well, I got the inkling that they chose to keep it to themselves, if you're going to continue meeting, why agree to meet once a year? They could arrange that whenever if they are going to see each other... It felt more to me, that they were going to cherish what they have, but not see each other. Also someone else talked about the tree being cut down...At the end when they wrote their names on the trees, it was a bit like hmm, so that's why they said that, and then there was the notice saying that the amusement park would be closing that they showed, which they didn't see... Even though it really implied for me, they won't last, I really think they did well in still making it a nice ending. That was a great series for me. :)
Jan 22, 2011 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
lol i keep checking back on this forum to see if more ppl have enjoyed the series as much as i did...

glad to see that people like it!

i posted up a few months ago on why i thought nothing changed after the end,

i dont see how they would seperate after the big bro finally was able to say "i love you" to someone
Jan 23, 2011 2:29 AM

Aug 2010
DeathfireD said:

I also noticed this, and I also thought he said something about them tearing the entire theme park down for a strip mall or something.

I took it as a sort of subliminal message that their relationship is still fragile and uncertain. Both the tree they wrote their names on and the park they promised to visit together will be gone before the next year most likely, so it's almost like a question of whether or not they would last that long to even return.

As I said in the ep12 thread, I think for me the main issue here is the age difference. He acts like a horny teenager and she acts like a naive little girl for the most part, and as must as I want to say "I hope they live happily ever after," I just don't believe they will. He's been nothing but selfish, and she has no idea what she is even getting into. Their already torn family will be even more disrupted, if not completely destroyed. Their friends have all but given up on them already, so just wait until they come out and announce what everyone seems to suspect.

I'm not saying incest is 100% wrong, I'm saying their particular relationship is unwise, and will not end well for them. On top of that, as much as I hate it, society will dominate their lives. Especially in Japan. Somewhat depressing, but I love this anime for forcing the topic to be pondered.

In the words of my favorite character from this series, "I can't tell you 'good luck,' so I'll just say 'stay well.'" She would have been a good girlfriend for him, and I was kinda hoping it would work out that way before they exchanged bodily fluids.
Jan 30, 2011 10:06 PM
Jan 2011
The anime was something diffrent from the cliche animes that been coming out, im glad i got to see something diffrent for a change. i love the whole incest thing happening between them but i felt that i didnt like the huge age diffrence between them and also i felt that Koshiro was taking advantage of nanoka i mean shes 15 what exactly does she know about love. i mean when your a teen the first person you go out with it feels like as if that person was your true love but as soon as you break up it feels as if you can never fall in love with someone else and thats what leads to trouble. to me koshiro was just thinking of himself instead of her sisters future and how it would it would affect her life.I mean I love incest animes and mangas but i felt it was more of a infatuation than love.Though it was a good anime i think that their relationship wouldnt last i mean no one would accept relationship the only thing that that could lead to is destroying heir family. But still I hope the keep making some good incest animes and manga.
gutts00Jan 30, 2011 10:15 PM
Feb 12, 2011 7:59 AM
Sep 2009
Loved the series. 10/10. I'm choosing to believe that they stayed together :)
Mar 20, 2011 3:35 AM
Jun 2010
wow, quite sad ending
Apr 16, 2011 6:13 AM

Mar 2010
am i the only one who took the talk about the park where they met closing and the trees that they talk about in the first ep and they write there names being cut down as a sign that they are just doomed in the future? idk just seemed like symbolism to me lol
but on another note i really dont know how i feel about this anime to be honest lol

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Apr 23, 2011 11:00 PM

May 2010
It wasn't even subtle really. There was a lot of symbolism saying that this wouldn't last. Why would they even mention cutting down the trees, if it didn't mean that? Or the park closing sign (the park is where they began their romance), it's not like they stick things like that in there for no reason.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jun 4, 2011 2:21 PM

Oct 2010
^^ I agree that the sstory uses a lot of symbolizims to get some ideas through on previous episodes. But the "Cutting Tree" parts i believe just signifies that they wont be able to live under the same roof(atm) as they couldn't defend they point of view with sentiments only.
At the end he still can't man up and tell her he loves her, even she is doing so much for him already. He proves through out the entire anime to have a poor constitution, unable to stand for wha the believes and have a horrible character.

7/10 - Have of the decision the male character did where retarded.
8/10 - This actually made me think a little bit after i was done writing this

On the episode Koshiro goes out with his ex: At the end of the night, for two sec, Koshiro realizes that getting laid with her would be a bad idea, he stops, she and understands things straight. She later gives a blank face and says his boyfriend is a really nice person. Did she really mean that? or it was a way to complement Koshiro (there really wasn't a boyfriend, and she was aware on nice he can be)? I was hoping they would come back to this at the end of the anime =
choyosJun 4, 2011 3:10 PM
huh?
Jun 11, 2011 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
choyos said:

On the episode Koshiro goes out with his ex: At the end of the night, for two sec, Koshiro realizes that getting laid with her would be a bad idea, he stops, she and understands things straight. She later gives a blank face and says his boyfriend is a really nice person. Did she really mean that? or it was a way to complement Koshiro (there really wasn't a boyfriend, and she was aware on nice he can be)? I was hoping they would come back to this at the end of the anime =

I always viewed Koshiro's ex-gf as someone who truly loved him, but realized that she had to move on to someone else because her feelings were never going to be reciprocated.

Her stating that her BF is a "nice person" was simply to point out that he loved her and that he had no problems demonstrating that to her.

Additionally, throughout the series, it seemed like she was always an "inch" away from being back to Koshiro. I think she loved him, and if only he had given that "inch" back towards her genuinely, she would come back to him.

But of course, Koshiro was in love with his sister from "first sight" so that was impossible :P

I LOVE THIS ANIME
Jul 1, 2011 8:17 PM

Apr 2011
This anime left me without words. It's first time that I saw something so hard on me,this is better than some movies! Seriously,and for those two people Koshiro and Nanoka,they proved that they love each other more than anything,so good luck to 'em ^^
And I still don't know,is it good or wrong to be like these two? I think I'll never get the right answer :/

Anyways,my rating for this anime is 9. Everyone has rights for their own opinions :)

Really enjoyed in watching this ANIME! Thanks! ^^
Jul 10, 2011 12:13 PM
Jul 2011
Regarding sakuras cutting -- I think it just means, society would crush them hard, since they start living together openly (remember, they announced it on a tree). Even the comment about cutting it -- "the majority disapproves". Anyway I am backed up with manga (which has been finished later, to clear the point)... Koushirou says "I heard they are going to cut the trees" and Nanoka replies "does not matter, we will come back even if the trees would be gone". So it is imho a happy ending of some kind.
Anyway, it is the best, purest love story ever told. Period.
Jul 15, 2011 1:51 AM
May 2009
After hemming and hawing about whether to watch this show for weeks and weeks, I'm really glad I did. The way the topic at hand was addressed was more delicate and tasteful, and real, than anything I had anticipated.

I was on the fence about how I felt about that topic, mostly because I never gave it much serious thought... but after watching this, I've come to the conclusion that if it's love between two consenting adults (more on that in a bit), then I generally don't have a problem with it, morally. Society does, of course, and it may hurt and confuse everyone around the couple, especially parents and family... but there's a large number of things involving sex and love that have the same effect, many of which are slowly becoming accepted, and rightfully so. Legality is another thing entirely, and one that I won't touch upon here... (edit: until later, apparently. lol)

HOWEVER... what Koi Kaze seems to want to convey is a tragic and "true love" story, and I have some problems with that. Koshiro, after discovering they were siblings, is initially consumed by physical and sexual desire, recognizes it as such, and struggles with it for the better part of 7 episodes or so. Then, inexplicably (in my opinion), it turns to an emotional need, and then love. He never says (audibly or through internalized thoughts) what it is about his sister that makes him feel drawn to her emotionally. It just "is", suddenly.

Nanoka, on the other hand, handles it with a beautifully gradual progression (although the part where she sleeps in his bed waiting for him to come home was a bit sudden). Unlike Koshiro, she doesn't recognize what she's feeling, and tries understand it for the better part of 7 episodes or so. But what's the motivation for her feeling of love?

As a few have stated here already, their feelings of love only make sense when viewed a certain way... which is largely as infatuation.

Koshiro is hung up on the physical aspect, rationalizes it with an emotional need out of no where, which then becomes a first for him, as he's never had what feels like a deep emotional need for anyone... as evidenced by his conversation with his ex. Basically, it feels like his first love, which any teenager can probably tell you, is only crazy infatuation... probably.

Nanoka is young. She also has idolized and wanted to be around her brother for as long as she can remember. That, coupled with their chance encounter before they knew the truth (which was wonderfully done, btw) equals crazy teenage infatuation, for both of them. That's about it.

So yeah, I don't see the "true real love" aspect, as there isn't much substance to it, unfortunately... I really wish there was. Granted, 13 Eps is kind of a short run, so I grant them some allowance for time. The cynical part of me wants to give it an 8/10, and another part of me that loved the story, atmosphere, music, characters (notably, Chidori), almost everything (meh art) wants to give it 10/10 anyway... so 9/10 as a compromise.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Nanoka have a birthday in the Ep 5? Pretty sure she was 15 when she moved in... so she'd be 16, almost 17 by the time they did the deed...
-
(which, as cringe inducing as it was, was 100% necessary... how else could they irrefutably show they accepted their love for one another? A kiss or something could be passed off as awkwardly close siblings, or just some passing foolishness, but that... there's nothing more convincing, for them or the viewer)...
-
...and 16 is the age of consent, meaning legal, in the majority of states in the US, and 13 (um, yup) is in Japan, though cities/prefectures may have ordinances locally restricting it to 18. So, 16 might have been risque, or maybe frowned upon a bit, but I don't see it being illegal or seriously morally reprehensible... probably, maybe.

As for the end, I'm glad it was open to interpretation... I can understand arguments for the "once a year date" deal and the everyday normal thing. Not sure where I stand on that, and I'm okay with that =P

Sorry this is crazy long! At least I can sleep now.

TL;DR - Their love didn't have any real substance to it, but I loved the show anyway.
Janus382Jul 15, 2011 8:55 AM
Aug 27, 2011 1:47 AM

May 2011
Oh boy. This series genuinely shocked me. Not because the story was about incest (althought that was quite shocking too) or because of the huge age gap between the two lovers. The reason I was shocked is because I wasn't expecting that kind of level of seriousness. Most other animes treat incest cautiously or try to avoid the topic altogether. Koi Kaze is different. It treats the topic in a very serious and mature manner. It does a fantastic job at describing the feelings of the people who fall in love with their siblings/relatives.

Koi Kaze is as realistic about incest as it gets. There are no exaggerations in this anime and the scenario is totally plausible. It's as if this wasn't a work of fiction. It makes me think that someone actually witnessed the struggles of two people like Nanoka and Koshiro and simply wrote all of it down on a piece of paper which was then turned into an anime series.

Genetic sexual attraction is a real thing indeed. There are extremely high chances that siblings who were sparated at birth will fall in love when they meet as adults, regardless of the age gap.

That's why this series is so real. It's not like a brother and sister lived with each other for their whole lifes and then suddenly they decided to fall in love. No. They were separated very early and met... hmm, 15 years later? They had no idea what the other was like.

The way the story develops is also very realistic. Koshiro fought his feelings for the larger part of the series and Nanoka, being so young, didn't actually know what she was feeling towards him. In the end though they both realise what it is and... end up... doing... what they did (humm ¬_¬).

Anyway...

The ending is extremely open and that's what disappointed me a little. Although I guess I shouldn't be suprised because that's the deal with these kind of animes. They all have open endings - like Yosuga no Sora and Elfen Lied - oh and before you jump up and say, "WHAT!? Incest in elften lied where!?" I'll remind you that Yuka fell in love with Kohta even though the latter was her cousin.

As many people mentioned already there is a lot of symbolism in the last episode and it all centers around the theme park on those cherry blossom trees. They promise each other to go to the theme park once a year, which is already confusing... does that mean they'll only see each other once a year or what? Who knows. The most confusing bit thought is that the theme park was scheduled for liquidation. To top it all off, the tree they carved their names into was going to be cut down.

What does that mean?

The simplest and most rational explanation is that it was a hint that their relationship will not withstand the test of time. Maybe something bad happened along the way... maybe they decided never to see each other again, maybe... they decided to commit suicide after all?

These are only assumptions however. We will never know what happened to them later on, unless of course they decide to make a sequel. Which I doubt they ever will, especially with the new law that was passed in Japan now.

All in all, a great show. Not for the feint hearted though and certainly not for those who can't stomach this type of genre.

TL;DR - Astonishingly realistic. Go watch it now.
SimonianAug 27, 2011 1:51 AM
"The feels man, the feels..."
Sep 14, 2011 9:05 PM

Dec 2007
I'll say that it was an okay ending because I don't really like open endings. The symbolism was definitely present in this episode. The amusement park is going out of business, and they're cutting down the sakura trees to build a new mall. It's basically saying that life goes on, and Nanoka and Koshiro will also move on with their lives. Showing the sakura trees is also good because it goes back to the first episode. He saw the tree leaves when they first met. With the trees leaving, so must their relationship. A full circle.
Sep 26, 2011 9:28 PM

Apr 2011
While the story was quite heartfelt, I really found it annoying how they portrayed the older brother. He seemed like a lovesick pedophile, and that took away a lot from the experience for me.

I couldn't stand his character at all.
Sep 30, 2011 1:51 PM
Sep 2011
Yeah..I saw the symbolism..Just finished the episode a couple minutes ago. I have to say I don't think their relationship is going to end. It was already obvious that they were suffering when they were apart throughout the series. For them to out of the blue say "were done with this" is bull crap. Oh, and the reason I think she is going back home is because they don't want anyone to know about their relationship as it would hurt everyone. She was only at his place that one night, and that makes sense. But her calling the dad saying she's gonna be at his house the next day, and the next would of seemed weird. In actuality the ending means nothing, its just for the individual to make up their own ending. I 100% don't think they broke up though.. or are separating...as you can't throw away feelings like that in just a day lol.
Oct 22, 2011 2:50 PM

Jun 2008
bbmello said:
While the story was quite heartfelt, I really found it annoying how they portrayed the older brother. He seemed like a lovesick pedophile, and that took away a lot from the experience for me.

This is how I felt pretty much.

From what I observed was that he was pretty bummed and was in need for female-attention... put in nicer words. *ahem* Lucky his young sister comes in the picture. (Not) He turns out to be a guy that thinks with his genitals instead of his brain, so he slowly and steady manipulates his little sister which is young and naive as most teenagers can be. When she walks with that guy she's a little interested home and he makes the guy leave.. I just. That was it for me. I couldn't take it anymore. What a perverted and selfish character. I don't understand why people can enjoy this anime, it wasn't as sweet, passionate as I saw people wrote. If I knew it was an incest anime before I watched it, I wouldn't have sit through this sickness. So yeah, to me this was just a horny guy manipulating his naive little sister into thinking she likes him too.

I'm okay with incest because it's their lives, not mine and I think people can do whatever they want as long as they aren't harming anyone - but this anime was just... ugh, not real love.

That's just my opinion though!
Nov 4, 2011 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
^maybe yosuga no sora is up your alley
Nov 7, 2011 4:32 PM

Nov 2007
What the heck was that? Until the very end, he didn't have his own resolution~ he just went with the flow? What the hell! The truth is im expecting more of this! But it failed me.. I would like for them to face the truth and go in separate ways and the key to that is with the guy.. BUt Tsk. Whatever!
Nov 7, 2011 5:40 PM

Dec 2007
Valandis said:
bbmello said:

This is how I felt pretty much.

From what I observed was that he was pretty bummed and was in need for female-attention... put in nicer words. *ahem* Lucky his young sister comes in the picture. (Not) He turns out to be a guy that thinks with his genitals instead of his brain, so he slowly and steady manipulates his little sister which is young and naive as most teenagers can be. When she walks with that guy she's a little interested home and he makes the guy leave.. I just. That was it for me. I couldn't take it anymore. What a perverted and selfish character. I don't understand why people can enjoy this anime, it wasn't as sweet, passionate as I saw people wrote. If I knew it was an incest anime before I watched it, I wouldn't have sit through this sickness. So yeah, to me this was just a horny guy manipulating his naive little sister into thinking she likes him too.

This comment is absolutely hilarious. I notice you don't even mention Nanoka's involvement or feelings towards her brother for a single instance in the above rant. Why is that? Hahahahahah. I would have to think because if you did, then it would completely invalidate just about all of your accusations towards Koushiro. When Koushiro tried to distance himself from Nanoka, who was it that went to bring him back? That's right! She wasn't some poor naive girl being corrupted by her big bad evil brother. She has her own choices, and she made them throughout the course of this series. That were you completely blind to these choices makes me think that all you did was watch what Koushiro was doing.

This is not a storybook romance. This is not an idealistic romance. If you watched Koi Kaze expecting to have all the bubbles, misunderstandings, and staring as say, Kimi no Todoke or any other shoujo manga aimed at 12 year olds who have absolutely no idea how love or romance actually works, then yes, your comments are justified. You watched the wrong show. This isn't idealistic slop pandering to the youngest audience. This an adult-oriented character study about a very real occurrence known as Genetic Sexual Attraction Koushiro is not meant to be a knight in shining armor or anything. He's a guy with definite flaws as the series portrays. Nevertheless, he doesn't 'manipulate' his sister. Both of them have their agency, which is basically what the series is about.
MeddigoNov 7, 2011 5:44 PM
Jan 29, 2012 7:25 PM

Jan 2012
That ending was quite beautiful actually, I went into this episode a little hesitant but it turns out to have been an absoloutly fantastic anime and one that I will remember, this anime really pushed the boat out there, and really pushed the boundaries.. and it has made me think a lot, as to whether it matters as long as the love is real... the ending really was sweet, as much as i'd like to think they lived happily ever after, I don't think they did, I think they will always love each other, but maybe realised, it would hurt too many people, and in the end it wouldn't last, but it semt at the end the brother realised just how much he loved her....

I guess it might have been better if they didn't sleeo together, purely beacuse of the age, the sibling part never bothered me once i knew that what they had was read, unlike the beggining when it semt just purely sexual! But other than that, a beautiful love story! so glad i came out my comfort zome to witness this anime :)
Feb 14, 2012 11:02 PM
Jul 2011
One of the most realistic anime I have seen in a while.Kudos to the mangaka for focusing on such a delicate and tricky subject matter.
Nanoka saying they were filthy made it clear what society would think of them.
Chidori was a great character and I felt a bit sad for her as well since it seemed that she liked Koshiro.

Overall a great anime 9/10.(I am a bit surprised about it's low score here especially when you consider how many generic shounen and shoujo have a score above 8).
Feb 15, 2012 12:59 PM
Jan 2012
Azaming series.
Mar 1, 2012 5:18 PM

Nov 2009
I really enjoyed the series as a whole. I just marathoned it all this evening and I was expecting something like meaningless fanservice but there wasnt really anything like that.

It's an Incestuous story but it was tastefully done (If you can ever call Incest tasteful =o) and the characters felt quite real to me.

Koshiro being exactly the same age as me and having the same attitude towards life as me really allowed me to relate to his situation. I probably would have handled it the exact same way...I even thought a couple of episodes in that if something goes too far then I would move out. Then lo and behold he did. I guessed he would quit his job as I would have to after my colleague would have found out...and he did.

There would have been a lot of resistance but I think with Nanako's tenacity she probably would have won me over eventually as well so I really cant fault Koshiro for simply being human.

The ending remaining open is something I didnt really expect, for some reason I was expecting some tragedy to happen like the Ferris Wheel to fall over while they prayed for it to move but I suppose this is just as good as there might be a chance for them to move away together after Nanako graduates High School.

All in all an 8/10, it would have been higher but the first few episodes were rather dull before any drama kicked in.
Mar 26, 2012 12:49 PM

Jan 2009
I just finished it yesterday and really enjoyed it - I gave it an 8. Obviously the subject is a little hard for some people to swallow and move on, but I didnt mind it myself. If you look deeper than that it's really a nice love story. The art style isnt great imo but other than that I thought it was really good and handled in a mature way.

Also, a little OT but to the person who compared homosexuality to incest: thats not the same thing. I dont judge anyone about who they want to love, but obviously incest is more questionable.

PS I think that judging this anime based on personal morals is unfair.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» That scene surprised me...

KietaTeenRomance - Apr 12

2 by KietaTeenRomance »»
Apr 28, 7:50 PM

» What were your problems with Koi Kaze?

removed-user - Nov 20, 2016

16 by zharth »»
Oct 21, 2023 12:48 PM

Poll: » Koi Kaze Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rreggiebryant1 - Sep 1, 2009

57 by MrYandereFan26 »»
Aug 16, 2023 4:37 AM

» Should I watch Koi Kaze's English dub or Japanese original?

SigTheSauceMan - Mar 8, 2018

4 by WatchTillTandava »»
Jun 30, 2023 1:21 PM

Poll: » Koi Kaze Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stAtic91 - Nov 14, 2009

74 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 11, 2023 4:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.