Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nov 20, 2016 7:55 PM

I just finished Koi Kaze and I thought it was a masterpiece, really made me feel uncomfortable. It is however rated at a 7.3 even though most written reviews give it a 9 or 10. I wish to know what made people not like the show ( or not think it was great). Was it the animation that bothered you? The subject matter? Or perhaps I'm just seeing something in this anime others are not. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Jan 12, 2017 6:03 PM
the open ending for me. i gave it a 10 but i really wanted a happy ending where koshiro and nanoka got to love each other.
"Lost, confused..
Losing sight of myself, I grow desperate and struggled
Each time I heard the sound of the bell, I struggled
I wondered, "where is the one who matters most to me?"
Really, I knew the answer the whole time.
I finally came to the realization after she showed me the way home.
I was able to decide that this is where I would live.
This is one of my precious bell's memories."

Jan 12, 2017 6:49 PM
The incest part never bothered me but not many people seems to look past that and therefore gave it a shitty score. Besides that, some of the animation is quite mediocre, probably due to budget and technical limits, I took many screenshots of Nanoka, and her look is inconsistent from frame to frame, so I definitely don't think it's a masterpiece.

BUT, if Koi Kaze ever gets remade and god, I wish it could be, the art and animation will be up to date and I will definitely consider it a masterpiece.

Jan 12, 2017 11:15 PM

Oulchura said:
The incest part never bothered me but not many people seems to look past that and therefore gave it a shitty score. Besides that, some of the animation is quite mediocre, probably due to budget and technical limits, I took many screenshots of Nanoka, and her look is inconsistent from frame to frame, so I definitely don't think it's a masterpiece.

BUT, if Koi Kaze ever gets remade and god, I wish it could be, the art and animation will be up to date and I will definitely consider it a masterpiece.

I'll need to watch the anime again I forgot the ending perfectly. However, I loved this anime. I is in every sense of the phrase "pure love". It is one of the cutest anime's I have ever seen. The Heroine character design is kawaii as fuck. The opening is perfect. I don't have one complaint except for the fact that they didn't make more manga or anime.

Jan 19, 2017 8:18 AM
I approached Koi Kaze with an open mind towards the incestuous relationship between Koshiro and Nanako and found that I just can't understand why people are saying it's a masterpiece. I pretty much forced myself to watch through all thirteen episodes. Of course, it wasn't the incest that really ruined the anime for me, but the, excuse my language, shitty character that Koshiro was.

The anime yells out if not, slams it to our faces on how society frowns upon incestuous relationahips. Koshiro, who in my opinion was a spoiled brat when his childhood was shown and was also very immature for his age throughout the entire show, succumbs to his "feelings" to Nanako. Let's be honest though, if any other young high school girl had gone with him to the amusement park, the story would be about a man who is twice the age of a girl rather than incest. Which to me just clearly reflects on why his actual proper relationship crashed and burned.

One could clearly see just from how Koshiro acts in his life that he really didn't care about anything nor has he really tried to pursue any career in life. Pretty much the main reason why he works as a marriage counsellor was so he could see people become happy or sad. In my opinion, you can't really understand happiness without experiencing it yourself. And the same thing applies to love. So how would he understand what it's like to struggle in life for the things most precious to you when he hasn't done that at all? He liked to stick to a routine and was afraid to change and develop as an adult. No responsible adult would allow such a development to happen.

Clearly he knew what he was doing was wrong, but he didn't retract, not because of love or feelings, but because of accessibility to sex and pleasure. He has a young girl who barely knows anything about the world itself and pretty much throws everything in her life that was good away for a man that hardly tried to reject the immorality between the two, taking away a future from her that could be looked upon with pride and happiness. Nanako was pretty much willing to do anything for Koshiro, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't love that binded Koshiro to Nanako.

One could argue that Nanako really did love Koshiro, but honestly I think it was just a fling. Nanako was finally starting to explore her sexuality, her interest in the opposite sex, and yet it was because of her irresponsible brother Koshiro that led her to believe that she loved him. I think Nanako just wanted a brotherly or fatherly figure in her life and ultimately in the end her feelings and body were just taken advantage of.

Koshiro is a good example of who not to become in life. When you relay emotions and communicate with people, you do it while looking in their eyes and speaking honestly. That way, people can understand when you speak to them. That is how relationships are formed. Relationships, whether romantic or platonic, between two people is suppose to be built from experiences, failures, weaknesses, and strengths. If you ignore these building blocks, the only thing you get is a one-sided relationship that obviously only benefits one of the people in the relationship.
Modified by Dream_Arc, Jan 19, 2017 8:22 AM

Jan 25, 2017 11:54 PM

Dream_Arc I would agree with what you say for the most part, and that is what made it so good for me. To not go into massive detail, the reason I liked it was because it made me feel uneasy, which I think was the intention. I didn't think the show was ever meant to be viewed with the relationship being considered a positive thing. If it was intentional that Koshiro was written that way as to be somewhat of an antagonist would you still dislike it?

Maybe its just me but thats how I saw it

Jan 26, 2017 1:40 AM

It's looks too old, and too pedo... I really like incest, but I couldn't watch this one... What is sad

May 27, 2017 8:17 AM
[quote=Dream_Arc message=49377546]

Clearly he knew what he was doing was wrong, but he didn't retract, not because of love or feelings, but because of accessibility to sex and pleasure.

[/quote

I agree with everything you said except for this part. If all he wanted was some easy sex, he could've just banged Chidori, who was practically throwing herself at him the entire series. She is hot, mature, and someone society wouldn't mind.

The series to me is about love that just kinda happened, people can't really shake off their feelings just by thinking it.

I do agree, though, that he should've been the responsible adult and not let it progress any further. They could've loved each other, live together in that first house, and just be brother-sister. Yes, their bond would be really strong and affectionate, but they didn't have to cross the line.

Jun 1, 2017 6:11 AM

I did have problems with character development and a lot of other stuff, but I honestly I don't care! I don't even care about the OP, the end, the OST, the colour, the VA's, etc.

BECAUSE the topic was such a controversial issue, so I think that's what we all should be focusing on the most.

My thoughts on incest: if they want to love (in any way) each other, then that's fine, but I think inbreeding is where the line should be drawn because that poses risk to the developing child on a HUGE scale.

So, I think, let it be. Just don't have kids.

Edit: I want to see how their relationship will continue to develop. I wonder if the manga continues the story.

Modified by Prisoner-24601, Jun 1, 2017 6:19 AM