Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2009 8:08 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it all turned out a little unexpectedly, a fair few names where dropped that made it a little hard to keep up, due to being little reference to them in the past, made it quite hard for me to remember who they were.

The girl Yoshino shows interest in at the end seems like a good fit, shame it won't be that simple.

Yet a another episode goes by with us still no closer to seeing who Yumi will pick, and from the preview, it doesn't seem like episode 5 will bring us any closer either. That said its not like i didnt enjoy the episode, i think the episode was bit faster like episode 1 and 2, with alot happening, however with no real development other than getting through Yoshino's petite sœur dilemma, i don't consider this a bad thing, as it allows us to move on.

I think a 4/5 rating, it wasnt the best, not as many funny moments, but it did cover what needed to be covered and was entertaining as well, even with the slightly rushed feel.

I was very happy with the end scene with Yumi and Sachiko, showing how close they are still, and next episode could show that off some more.
Jan 25, 2009 9:34 AM

Feb 2008
back to square one eh? well that was pretty ok since if they got their sisters too quickly it would be too boring.

when sachiko speaks to yumi it sounds like a mother talking to her child hehe.
Jan 25, 2009 10:03 AM

Aug 2008
I never thought of that before. Though if you think of their personalities, Yumi is childish, while Sachiko is mature, so i guess its only natural that people could see it that way. Though i wouldnt say the way the act towards each other are like mother and child, sisters or possibly at times lovers, is more how i see their relationship.
Jan 25, 2009 1:07 PM

Jul 2007
Great Yoshino episode. I liked how it ended too. Problems again with pacing, cameo'ing Sei-sama (YURUSENAI!!!) and focusing on Yumi despite everyone and their mother already knowing who she will inevitably make her petite souer.

Side note: lol @ 10:25

Second side note: We're FINALLY getting the deito! And it only took 4 1/2 years!
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jan 25, 2009 1:31 PM

Aug 2008
deito?!, what does that mean.
Jan 25, 2009 2:23 PM

Jan 2008
kouk2002 said:
deito?!, what does that mean.

it means date ^^

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Jan 25, 2009 2:32 PM

Aug 2008
---->Heads somewhere quiet to hang himself<----
Jan 25, 2009 5:30 PM

Sep 2007
It was a nice Yoshino-episode... I can't help but love how sadistic Eriko is :D loled hard at hearing that the possible souer, Nana, has the same voice as Eriko.

I can't wait for the next ep... Yumi without ribbons... amusment park date... Kashiwagi & Yuki... It will be fun :D
Jan 25, 2009 10:15 PM

Oct 2007
It is funny just by watching Yoshino acts alone. Also, Nana would be a good choice for ReiXYoshinoXNana.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 26, 2009 8:35 AM

Aug 2007
It was a nice chapter, and it looks like the Souer plot line is going to get strung out as long as possible, that being said, I like Yoshino x Nana as a Souer pairing, even if they do have to wait. I love Yumi's hairstyle in the preview, looks better than her usual.

Also, ALL HAIL PIZZA HUT!
Jan 26, 2009 10:45 AM

Oct 2006
Oh god, I so facepalmed at the pizza hut driver.
Jan 26, 2009 3:17 PM

Apr 2008
This episode pulled in the whole Lillian cast, including graduates. Though she was name-dropped I would have liked to see Minako again. Yoshino's perspective is always refreshing. The rest of the student body is hilariously ditsy, probably to be expected from a bunch of rich girls. I liked the one making eyes at Yumi that turned out to be borderline ko-gal (and Sachiko's reaction). Strong introductions for Nana and Shouko.

That said, I really feel like docking a point (if I were rating the episode) for every instance of product placement. Not in mah marimites dammit
SuperkiteJan 26, 2009 4:05 PM
Jan 27, 2009 3:49 AM

Sep 2007
Well, the pizza thing is not good, but could be worse. Two of my fav questes about that from 4chan:
Anonymous 01/24/09(Sat)13:47 No.450124

pizza is full of calories

looks like the girls will have to walk a little faster to work them off

Anonymous 01/24/09(Sat)14:04 No.450132

>>450124

Well that explains all the running in the OP

Pizza hut supports the rebellion, but only the good kind (Code Geass season 1), space exploration (Macross Frontier) and now all girl Catholic schools
Jan 27, 2009 4:03 AM

Nov 2007
Nana is so cuuuuuute *A*
This ep was nice. Yoshino is... annoying >>

I'M SO WAITING FOR THE MEXT EP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 3, 2009 12:51 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode, it was very funny to see Yoshino trying to escape the "mighty" Eriko-sama :)

Nana-chan is also unexpectedly cute ^^
Feb 10, 2010 12:14 PM

Aug 2009
SunyiNyufi said:
Pizza hut supports the rebellion, but only the good kind (Code Geass season 1), space exploration (Macross Frontier) and now all girl Catholic schools

Don't forget Contratists (Darker Than Black). Pizza Hut is everywhere!

Funny episode. Eriko-sama is so sharp...
Feb 14, 2014 4:41 AM

Aug 2013
I really like the former Roses, their interaction with each other just feels so natural.

Eriko chose someone who looks like her haha. It's really funny how the blunt and outspoken Yoshino just folds when dealing with Eriko. Well, looks like Nana's a good fit for Yoshino.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 22, 2014 5:41 PM

Sep 2014
Haha Yoshino was hilarious this episode. Shoulda just been honest with Eriko, but then she never would have met Nana, right? :D

Yumi and Sachiko at the end was so cute. I SHIP THEM FOREVER

And who's Eriko's boyfriend? The zoo guy? :D
Jan 30, 2015 5:22 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
SaveTheAralSea said:
Haha Yoshino was hilarious this episode. Shoulda just been honest with Eriko, but then she never would have met Nana, right? :D

Yumi and Sachiko at the end was so cute. I SHIP THEM FOREVER

And who's Eriko's boyfriend? The zoo guy? :D

It hasn't been official yet at least not that I know of. He rejected her because they barely knew each other but they remained friends for now.

Yoshino acts lol
Yoshino probably won't forget that day. If she had made Arima her little sister then it would have been hilarious. I bet Yoshino wouldn't have wanted to remember that day a year after if she had chosen her as her little sister.

Yum, Pizza

Sep 13, 2017 8:07 AM
Aug 2014
Would have been really surprised if either of them found a sister during the tea party.
Jan 7, 2022 12:40 PM

Aug 2018
Poor Yoshino.. She isn't too popular, for some reason, comparing with Yumi, at this group date.. Yoshino is quite a beautiful person herself, though.. Both in looks and personality.. Well, maybe Yumi is cute or something, I'm not too sure..
Well, even if it didn't end with Yumi or Yoshino finding sisters.. It was still a success in my book.. As 2 couples did became sisters, and more got interested in each other.. So a good event in the end.. ;P
Apr 23, 2022 9:26 PM

Jun 2014
That girl Yoshino likes is not yet in Lilian, which would require her to wait an extra year to make her a little sister. Will she persevere with this idea?

Yumi didn't find a little sister, but she's not in a giant hurry. Sachiko wants her to find one though, as Sachiko won't be in high school much longer. I don't know how Yumi is going to go on once that happens.

May 2, 2022 2:49 AM

Jul 2021
Nice Yoshino episode and good gud still wondering about that little sister's wantedness.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 31, 2022 6:51 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It sucks that Yoshino didn’t find a little sister at the tea party, but honestly it would be really hard to find someone deserving of that role that fast. Of course she did find someone close to a little sister, the middle school girl Nana who she thought was also a Lillian student while lying to Eriko lol, it’s a shame she’ll have to wait until she’s a 3rd year to make Nana her little sister, but at least it’s something.

It’s too bad tho because I really wanted to see Yoshino pick one within this season and get close together, but maybe that can still happen with Nana, who knows. I also love to see Eriko back again, as well as the other precious Roses, she was pretty underused when she was at the school so seeing her actively part of the plot is nice, also just seeing all the Roses together again feels good.

Also lmao if it wasn’t for the mal posts I would have completely missed the Pizza Hut driver right in front of Yumi and Yoshino lol, didn’t even thing twice about it.
TheColonel76May 31, 2022 7:04 PM
Dec 24, 2023 2:39 AM

Jul 2023
Yoshino hilarious. Of course, I love this episode due to Eriko. But now, I'm intrigued with the new girl.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

id - Mar 27, 2009

68 by Rurihime »»
Feb 9, 1:28 PM

» Will there ever be a season 5?

grandy_UiD - Feb 18, 2012

13 by Rurihime »»
Feb 9, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 12 Discussion

kisami - Mar 21, 2009

24 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 4:35 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 11 Discussion

Beave - Mar 14, 2009

32 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 10 Discussion

Beave - Mar 8, 2009

25 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 2:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.