Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2009 3:00 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems to be picking up pace a bit now. The one thing I don't see how they're going to explain fully: If the voice really is Tsukasa's mother, how exactly did his mother end up in a video game?
Jan 24, 2009 7:04 AM

Feb 2008
^_^ can't say,that'd be a spoiler which is explained later on.
Jan 24, 2009 8:27 PM

Jan 2009
Oh I know. I just like to ask questions and speculate. I am a psychiatry student, after all. Haha.
Jan 25, 2009 4:58 AM

Feb 2008
Never did take that subject at school,pretty sure you needed a decent english grade and for some reason I got a better mark for french than english.

Perhaps one of the most important questions in history was "Why did the Germans listen to Hitler who told them that Germans were the master race,yet was Austrian himself".
Jan 25, 2009 1:49 PM

Jan 2009
Yeah... I must admit I've always wondered that myself. He definitely wasn't Aryan. And, if the rumors are true, he was also homosexual. So, pretty much, he hated everything he was.
Jan 25, 2009 3:30 PM

Feb 2008
Good thing the "master race" didn't think about researching him too much or his reign as furher would've been much,much shorter.
Jan 25, 2009 3:52 PM

Jan 2009
That's the problem with people in general. They accept what they're told as the truth. They let others think for them.
Jan 25, 2009 4:13 PM

Feb 2008
That seems to be the truth which is most difficult to change,widely accepted truths like Hitler planned to make a musical called "Springtime for Hitler" after winning the war.
Jan 25, 2009 4:14 PM

Jan 2009
Hahaha, Springtime For Hitler indeed.
Jan 25, 2009 4:18 PM

Feb 2008
@_@ and winter for Poland and France

The song exists in a movie called "The Producers" which simply is a musical
Jan 25, 2009 4:27 PM

Jan 2009
Oh, I know. I've seen that movie. Uma Thurman for the win.
Jan 25, 2009 4:29 PM

Feb 2008
:? which version did you see? the old one or the remake?

I've seen the remake and watched the old version of "Springtime for Hitler" on youtube,that legal place.
Jan 25, 2009 4:33 PM

Jan 2009
I must have seen the remake. Came out a few years back.
Apr 21, 2009 10:58 AM

Mar 2009
Haha.. dont mess with Tsukasa. The World in anime is much beautiful than game ps2.
May 3, 2009 6:01 PM

Jul 2008
now they put out a bounty on his head, not good considering that monster of his just pwned 4 characters and didn't even go for killing shots, but was just cruel just beating them up.
so i wonder why tsukasa is out of the loop? why isn't he affected by the rules and restrictions?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 6, 2009 3:04 AM

Feb 2008
@.@ its all explained in time
Aug 30, 2009 2:47 AM
Feb 2009
hu wonder h0w Bear guy found "her: irl like srsly wdf??
Aug 30, 2009 6:07 AM

Feb 2008
He probably did some digging into people who fell into a coma while playing "The World" and found that girl.
Nov 25, 2009 9:44 PM

Oct 2008
Wow, Tsukasa hasn't logged out for 10 days. o_o

.. and they spelt die wrong in the anime. u_u

Also, that Sora seems like a double-crosser.

Also a possiblity that Tsukasa is a girl? =O Well that's the info Bear gained from the real world.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 26, 2009 10:43 AM

Feb 2008
@.@ well Tsukasa is unable to log out
Jun 29, 2010 11:38 PM
Oct 2008
Prettty sure that "the girl" bear and that chick is referring to may just be the crimson knight in hospital.
Jul 2, 2010 5:15 AM

Sep 2009
RAOR said:
Prettty sure that "the girl" bear and that chick is referring to may just be the crimson knight in hospital.

Wasn't he already said to have come back before?
Jun 19, 2011 8:17 PM

Jan 2011
10 DAYS...
Considering my attention span is terrible and I get bbored in less than an hour...
I think I know why he's a bitch nao T3T
Formerly gutsyGumshoe
Jun 20, 2011 9:23 PM
Apr 2011
Hm, getting pretty interesting. Lots of questions!
Aug 21, 2011 2:14 PM

Jul 2011
omg Tsukasa is a bit of a psycho! he looked so cool when he about to fight the 4 biatch,

nice episode! can't wait to see the next one, though i can see why "common" and "average" people with no taste hates this anime.

ps: whats with the hitler confersation at the 1st page discussion? lol
Oct 1, 2011 6:33 PM

Sep 2011
This is getting good! I'm curious to see how it all turns out. This anime seems so well made, "the world" really pulls you in. It's very surreal.
Nov 6, 2011 10:11 PM

May 2009
Heh, Sora continues to annoy me.

Also, I like how that calm g major theme that first plays when Tsukasa sees the girl hovering over the bed is now an agitated e minor theme with a vocal part at the end of the episode.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
May 6, 2012 9:44 AM

Jul 2011
Hehe. I kind of understand it now.

I'm pretty sure Tsukasa is the girl in the coma. Because he said "mother", and in that flashback there was a man and a girl. I believe that girl was the one from the flashback in the first episode, lying on the floor => coma. Then the flashback with the man in front of the hospital => the girl in the coma went to the hospital.
Tsukasa appears to not have any memories though... and maybe the father is responsible somehow? It seems like Tsukasa doesn't like the real world, so maybe after her mother died, her father became a drunk/abusive/ bad or something? (You know, that somewhat cliché past.)
And Tsukasa can't log out because he/she's in a coma. Somehow memories were affected and he/she doesn't know what a terminal is... or really can't access it.

What I still don't get:
1. If Tsukasa is the girl, why is there the girl floating above the bed? Subconscious...? (Who is she then?)
2. Who are the cat and the "guardian" and what is their relationship with Tsukasa and floating girl?

Heh. Getting interesting. Story is a bit slow, but it's building up and I'm enjoying it.
Gosh, and the music is awesome. <3
Oct 20, 2013 2:59 PM

Aug 2012
CyanideKoolaid said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems to be picking up pace a bit now. The one thing I don't see how they're going to explain fully: If the voice really is Tsukasa's mother, how exactly did his mother end up in a video game?
Exactly. It should be a)someone programmed that that way, it is a trap for Tsukasa b) it is just a bug, somehow Tsukasa got involved with it, the 'bug' got access to his memory and created those characters from it: the cat and the voice. His mom's spirit can't possibly go to a machine and act on his own, same with a cat.
kage-bunshin said:
now they put out a bounty on his head, not good considering that monster of his just pwned 4 characters and didn't even go for killing shots, but was just cruel just beating them up.
so i wonder why tsukasa is out of the loop? why isn't he affected by the rules and restrictions?

Because of his interaction with 'the voice'. How or why he got to meet her, it is something that i'm curious as well.
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Heh, Sora continues to annoy me.

Also, I like how that calm g major theme that first plays when Tsukasa sees the girl hovering over the bed is now an agitated e minor theme with a vocal part at the end of the episode.

I like Sora (his seiyuu does always such a great job <3). and how is that girl related to Tsukasa? my guess is she is the 'Tsukasa' Bear found, and our Tsukasa using that ID isn't a coincidence, perhaps he knows her. I say this because seems that the voice and cat are related to him, so would make sense if the girl was as well.
Jun 4, 2014 11:09 PM

Jul 2008
I think Tsukasa was lying about being a girl. So far its the only theory that makes sense.

Either way he needs to be stopped, or moreso his guardian.
Jun 26, 2014 6:16 PM

Apr 2011
Tsukasa is definitely a girl, "he" doesn't remember who "he" is in the real world. Also, those four girl characters are dead, but the players in real life aren't right? Also I love Bear and Sora -great characters.
Mar 15, 2015 1:13 PM

Dec 2012
*laughs creepily* "You're strange." Tsukasa seriously freaks me out, I might be watching just to see how creepy he can get.
Apr 6, 2016 3:15 PM
Apr 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
*laughs creepily* "You're strange." Tsukasa seriously freaks me out, I might be watching just to see how creepy he can get.

For real, there are quite a few moments I find genuinely creepy/dark.
Jun 29, 2016 6:50 AM
Feb 2013
Well, people were right when they said that this show is a slow-burn, but it is interesting to say the least. Besides, we technically got two action scenes in this episode, even if they were pretty short haha.
Oct 29, 2017 2:56 PM
Jun 2014
Man, i just wish this show made more sense. World building is nonexistent, what are these servers they apparently traverse between? Why did so many care about Tsukasa before anything even began? I get why they're interested now, but not in the first episodes. What drives the other characters? The dialogue is also just plain weird. Conversations feel fake, but this might be bad translation, i dunno. Hopefully the show will become better as i'm a sucker for fantasy titles such as this.

Soundtrack is hauntingly good, except for a few tracks.
Mar 7, 2018 3:41 PM

Jul 2017
Based on what I remember from seeing some of this on Adult Swim so long ago, I think Tsukasa is unaware of who they are in the real world. I always wondered in there was a queer element to this story, though since I have not seen the end I can't say that 's part of it really.
Nov 8, 2019 1:59 PM

Nov 2016
So Tsukasa is a girl?

And now she's also wanted in addition to being trapped in a game. The other players aren't really a threat, but for someone who wants to be all alone it gotta be hell xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 26, 2020 6:51 AM

Jun 2016
Alright, this episode was much better. All it took was a few developments and now there's things to mull over. Tsukasa was acting like a kid who got caught doing something and ran away, so I wouldn't be surprised if she(?) is the coma girl (though I wouldn't blame her for trying to hide that ~ don't doxx yourselves kids). I can't really blame Bear for looking into IRL leads though, he could just be concerned for Tsukasa's wellbeing and he is quick to throw formalities to the wayside. Something tells me Subaru is linked to the coma case IRL as well, maybe "she"'s the man that was shown outside the hospital? That's more hunch than reasoning though.
Nov 25, 2023 6:34 AM

Dec 2018
why are they so intent on harassing him? because he was seen with a cat? that's not his fault. they have no evidence he did anything wrong and now they're saying that him walking around is a problem, what the hell is wrong with these people? not a game i'd want to play that is for sure.

More topics from this board

Poll: » .hack//SIGN Episode 18 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 29, 2008

22 by Lil-Bird »»
Mar 14, 9:46 PM

Poll: » .hack//SIGN Episode 10 Discussion

CyanideKoolaid - Jan 25, 2009

14 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 25, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » .hack//SIGN Episode 5 Discussion

CyanideKoolaid - Jan 23, 2009

26 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 25, 2023 7:13 AM

» [Deleted]

JustOscar - Jun 30, 2023

2 by Karinara »»
Jul 12, 2023 11:41 AM

Poll: » .hack//SIGN Episode 3 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 29, 2008

33 by Queeneugi »»
May 17, 2023 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.