Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2013 7:04 PM

Feb 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aw, Jou feels bad for not stopping Yamato, but he couldn't have known.

So Yamato is also worried about the other guys not needing him anymore, and of being the only one not to have grown...

I'm not saying he couldn't grow strong on his own, but the reason the others grew stronger was because they had a reason too. Look at Takeru - he and his digimon had to grow stronger in order to save his friends. Same with Taichi/digimon. Everyone got stronger fighting and defending together.

Wonder if Mimi's upset is leading up to something or if it'll blow over.

Rather than listen to his friends about what to do, he listens to the enemy (who seems capable of manipulating the forest however it likes). But...I can't say I don't understand. Sometimes when I feel hopeless I look for an outside answer, because I already know I won't like what I hear from people close to me. Even if they're usually right.

And meanwhile, his friends are in trouble while he's off looking for himself. @_@

It's sad that Yamato doesn't seem to fully believe that he and Taichi-tachi are friends because of his self-esteem issues. :/ No wonder 'friendship' is the lesson he needs to learn.

Instead of looking inside and finding out why he felt the way he did, he decides to fight his friend and put the group in danger in a strange world, not to mention undermining the leader that keeps them all together. :|
ChouninatteSep 10, 2013 3:20 PM
眠れないのは君のせい
Sep 10, 2013 3:07 PM

Apr 2010
Miami's frustrations are what allows her to help Togemon to evolve. She does have the crest of purity after all. But,yeah, are they going to resolve her issues or not?
Mar 29, 2014 5:17 AM

Oct 2010
Damn it Matt, get your shit together.
Apr 10, 2014 9:22 AM
Mar 2013
Cherrymon is a good manipulator but I think part of what he said was right. Matt had some angst against Tai ever since the start of the series. I thought it was solved back when they fought during the Devimon arc but I guess not.
May 12, 2014 10:09 PM

Apr 2008
I feel like in every anime there's always that one character who HAS to get stronger >.>

If I was Puppetmon, I would just wait until they started to battle before destroying them all. It would be the worst time to fight among friends, especially in a forest like that.
Jul 9, 2014 9:22 PM

Oct 2013
Now this is getting exciting. Shit's going to go down next episode.

But this is why I said in one of the previous discussion threads it's ironic Matt's crest is the crest of friendship. He's ALWAYS giving his friends shit - especially Tai.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 28, 2014 10:04 PM

May 2008
I Don'T get why people use the shitty Dub name... BTW XD best part of this episode when lilymon battle whit those trashcan digimon. Nice gundam parody...
Aug 12, 2014 8:06 AM

Oct 2009
I still don't get why Yamato's Crest of Friendship reacted at the end. He wants to believe in him and his friends and the camaraderie they share but at the same time, he's treating them like an enemy??

I'm not sure if I'm in the minority but I like that's a division within the group and the 'finding oneself' subplot. For me I think this MetalGarurumon and WarGreymon battle was inevitable cos Yamato had frequently been at odds with Taichi since the beginning. They each have different approach to doing things even if their goals are the same.

But Yamato's priority has always been Takeru but Takeru can protect himself now so Yamato has to find himself.
Mar 1, 2015 6:43 AM

Jan 2014
Damn...Taichi vs Yamato
Jun 18, 2015 1:46 PM

Mar 2015
Why do they have to evolve so much just to defeat a few garbagemon?

One of the things I don't like about this show is how unlikeable the human characters are and how they become massive jerks for a few episodes at a time.
Jun 17, 2016 4:34 PM

Feb 2013
Yamato is stupid for believing the enemy.
Why are they all scared of that shit attack?
Jan 31, 2017 2:19 PM

Dec 2010
tqran said:
Why do they have to evolve so much just to defeat a few garbagemon?

One of the things I don't like about this show is how unlikeable the human characters are and how they become massive jerks for a few episodes at a time.

To be honest if you put some real kids in a situation like this it would be even worse. Defnitely they will fight much, much sooner. "You dont agree with me? I gonna make you pay, go get him Greymon" - this would happen in like, third episode? Everyone is a jerk sometimes.

Ulquiorra said:
Why are they all scared of that shit attack?

He did not believe his enemy. It is just the fact that the words Cherubimon said was true about Matt and his view. He seemed to be the only one that lost more(TK maturing) than gained in the whole incident. It was pretty obvious he gonna flop.

On top of that Tai was an asshole after Whamon`s death. He was like "whatever, he was our friend, lets go". And everybody listened to Tai.
Oct 12, 2017 1:13 PM

Nov 2010
Mimi catching poop with her hand must be one of her greatest moments in the series.

And felt a little overkill for WarGreymon to be firing that huge missile against a piece of poop, but it was fun.
Apr 2, 2018 1:52 PM

Apr 2017
Vongole said:
I still don't get why Yamato's Crest of Friendship reacted at the end.

It was because of his friendship with Gabumon, his one true friend in all this mess.

tqran said:
Why do they have to evolve so much just to defeat a few garbagemon?.

Because they were perfect level. Even in the description of the digimon it says "don't underestimate them, they are perfect level digimon!"

I thought that maybe 6 adult level would be enough, but it seems it wasn't and those trash can mon were stronger than it appears.

Ulquiorra said:

Yamato doesn't know if it is his enemy. He asked if he's one of puppetmon minions, and the tree digimon evaded the question, instead focusing on Yamato's weakness at that time.

Fantalicious said:
Mimi catching poop with her hand must be one of her greatest moments in the series.

Totally agree. Also those shit attacks weren't dangerous at all if an average girl like Mimi can grab them easily without hurting .

Fantalicious said:

And felt a little overkill for WarGreymon to be firing that huge missile against a piece of poop, but it was fun.

No, because it was a Metalgreymon, perfect level, against trashcanmon, perfect level also.
--------
Aug 13, 2018 10:05 AM
Mar 2018
This episode was pretty boring. The story of Matt being convinced Tai isn't his friend wasn't really interesting at all. It had a nice ending with one hell of a cliffhanger but not much else to lift it.
Jan 26, 2019 6:04 PM

Apr 2009
Haou-Judai said:
I Don'T get why people use the shitty Dub name... BTW XD best part of this episode when lilymon battle whit those trashcan digimon. Nice gundam parody...

How is that a gundam parody? I never watched gundam but I am curious
Jan 27, 2019 2:01 AM

May 2008
Renato said:
Haou-Judai said:

This. Amuro vs black tri stars.
Jan 27, 2019 3:42 AM

Apr 2009
Haou-Judai said:
Renato said:

This. Amuro vs black tri stars.
Thank you. That's awesome.
RenatoFeb 5, 2019 6:46 PM
Mar 26, 2020 5:59 PM

May 2008
Jureimon is speaking truth and lying out of his behind the entire time. And I loved it. LOL

It's so amusing how Jureimon pushes the concept of rivals 44 episodes in and the show has Yamato call it out. "You're rivals!" "Uh, no?? We're friends!"
More so when they tried to show scenes of them fighting it's a grand total of 3. XD Even the anime barely has evidence to back this subplot up.

Considering how how weak the rival label is, it just makes Jureimon's attempt sound preeeeetty gay. (Which, ironically enough, would be a stronger reason for his dislike of Taichi than "his way of doing things gets on my nerves again all of a sudden".)

The little I remember of the dub is that Tai was kinda of a jerk this episode regarding Matt. Here, Taichi isn't as obvious, though you can tell it's more because he working under the theory of all 8 needing to be together rather out of real worry for Yamato.

There's other issues such as placement and whatnot, but ah, I'll save that for the end. I'm gonna go back to laughing.
Oct 9, 2020 12:42 AM

Dec 2012
Hikari hears a voice again.
Yamato.
Pinocchimon watching him.
Jureimon. Perfect.
Garbamon. Perfect. Poop Bazooka?
Oh shit! Mimi grabbed the shit!
Defeat his rival?
Taichi?
Dat theme. Lilimon.
Dat theme within the theme. MetalGreymon.
lol Pinocchimon got shit on his face.
Dat insert song.
Gabumon.
Dat light. Dat warp-shinka.
Pinocchimon killed Jureimon.
Dat black hole.
Yamato.
Dat eye beam.
Dat ending.

Finally, the culmination of Yamato's shit is finally here. It all began in episode 3 when Taichi jokingly asked Gabumon for his fur and in a split second Yamato pushed him when he did nothing wrong. I want Taichi to beat his ass so bad.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 17, 2021 4:13 PM

Jul 2013
I'm not sold on this drama at all. Usually when the 2 "rival" characters fight, it's either because they couldn't agree with the other's viewpoint or because one of them turned to the dark side. Here though, it's just Yamato being a try-hard who got his switch flipped all of a sudden.

I don't even want to call them rival, as that would suggest that they're actively trying to be better than one another. There were signs of angst between them, sure, but not rivalry.

Guess I'm getting old for this. I remembered taking this "rivalry" for granted because hey, 2 main characters, one red and one blue.
Feb 17, 2021 8:05 PM

Dec 2016
JustMonaka said:
I'm not sold on this drama at all. Usually when the 2 "rival" characters fight, it's either because they couldn't agree with the other's viewpoint or because one of them turned to the dark side. Here though, it's just Yamato being a try-hard who got his switch flipped all of a sudden.

But Yamato was turned into the "dark side" thanks to Cherrymon's brainwashing, who took advantage of his own insecurities to cause a civil war. It wasn't all of a sudden....
Feb 17, 2021 8:27 PM

Jul 2013
SoldierDream said:
JustMonaka said:

But Yamato was turned into the "dark side" thanks to Cherrymon's brainwashing, who took advantage of his own insecurities to cause a civil war. It wasn't all of a sudden....

He didn't side with the Dark Masters though, he only chose to fight Taichi because "I need to change". Would fighting Taichi give him the answer to his dilemma? No idea, he just needed to fight.

Cherrymon managed to brainwash him because of his insecurities, which lacks a proper build up to in the first place. He was fine and dandy in ep42, and then activated the emo mode as soon as ep43 started.

I'd have no issue with this transition had he been in constant disagreement with Taichi and the disagreement slowly built up until Cherrymon appeared. But we're after the point in which he acknowledged Taichi as the leader of the group and the "hold my hand so I don't run away" moment. It really felt like he went from 0 to 100 out of nowhere.
Feb 19, 2021 10:55 PM

Oct 2009
emo boi Yamato...
Apr 23, 2022 10:11 AM

Feb 2015
I'm getting Majin Vegeta vibes from Yamato...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 6 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

15 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 5 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

17 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 4 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 3 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 2 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

18 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.