Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 2013 5:49 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol...like the slow motion entering with dramatic music.

finally Nami and Sanji switch back

time to rescue the kids and kidnap Cesare
(but in Luffy case, beat him up)

Zorro, always so serious, telling Luffy to take this serious because
its the New World and he can't afford to lose

Next ep
247EyesJul 13, 2013 6:21 PM
Jul 13, 2013 7:45 PM

Oct 2011
Gomu Gomu no UFO
Jul 13, 2013 8:38 PM

Oct 2009
RiukixD said:
Gomu Gomu no UFO

Jul 13, 2013 8:40 PM

Oct 2007
Loved Zoro's serious face. Vice Captain FTW reminding Luffy its the beginning of New World and not to lose!

UFO haha its been a while since we saw a new attack..he should use it to run faster all the time

I'm curious what he asked robin to do and no show time for franky/chopper
Jul 13, 2013 8:46 PM

Jul 2010
honestly found the UFO attack weird... (his legs would be hella twisted by the time he's finished using that attack)
Jul 13, 2013 8:50 PM

Jan 2010
Jroflcopter said:
honestly found the UFO attack weird... (his legs would be hella twisted by the time he's finished using that attack)

http://images.wikia.com/sonic/images/4/4e/Tails_pose_23.gif

Same basic principle: physics be damned.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jul 13, 2013 9:12 PM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. Gomu gomu no UFO!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2013 10:06 PM

Dec 2012
This episode was a little upsetting because we didnt get to cover much information as the manga chapter covered. Like not even half
The only thing that happened the entire episode was Strawhats and G5 survive

They finally started looking for R-66 after 20 mins of the show. Seriously (facepalm)
And all the stills and slow motion scenes. Totally unnecessary (facepalm)

2/5

Edited: I was wrong about the episode not covering the information from the manga chapter. I still didnt enjoy it much
SOExclusiveJul 13, 2013 10:41 PM
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Jul 13, 2013 10:13 PM
Aug 2011
Thank you Zoro for never letting me forget why you're my favorite.

SOExclusive said:

A solid 4 minutes of panning slowly across the island.
._.
Jul 13, 2013 10:26 PM

May 2012
SOExclusive said:
This episode was a little upsetting because we didnt get to cover much information as the manga chapter covered. Like not even half

They finally started looking for R-66 after 20 mins of the show. Seriously (facepalm)

2/5

the f*** you talking about? its exactly the same amount as the chapter go read it again lol

edit: i was wrong - they showed more, the scene of caesar, vergo, and monet realizing they escaped is part of next chapter.

there was some pretty slow animation scenes at the beginning
i didn't mind the animation for the smoke for the outside/mountain scene though, it was pretty interesting and worked well imo. the colors were great.
ufo was weird but whatever.
the only thing that bothered me was the g-5 marines spent all that time hitting the wall with swords, fists, and bazookas not making a scratch, and within seconds of realizing the gas is going to come in again after being sliced open, they pick it up(ok thats fine), and then HAMMER PATCH IT? small detail but what the hell

and then they're dumb enough to fight against the guys who sliced through that door like it was nothing. they are dumb but still =.=
Jul 13, 2013 10:40 PM

Dec 2012
Eltrik said:
SOExclusive said:

2/5

the f*** you talking about? its exactly the same amount as the chapter go read it again lol

edit: i was wrong - they showed more, the scene of caesar, vergo, and monet realizing they escaped is part of next chapter.

i didn't mind the animation for the smoke for the outside/mountain scene though, it was pretty interesting and worked well imo. the colors were great.
the only thing that bothered me was the g-5 marines spent all that time hitting the wall with swords, fists, and bazookas not making a scratch, and within seconds of realizing the gas is going to come in again after being sliced open, they pick it up(ok thats fine), and then HAMMER PATCH IT? small detail but what the hell

and then they're dumb enough to fight against the guys who sliced through that door like it was nothing. they are dumb but still =.=

Ok you are right. I just looked back at the chapter. Maybe I didnt enjoy it because of how slow paced it felt. I havent seen many episodes like that in one piece
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Jul 13, 2013 10:46 PM

Mar 2013
I wonder what happened to chopper?
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jul 13, 2013 10:58 PM

May 2012
SOExclusive said:

Ok you are right. I just looked back at the chapter. Maybe I didnt enjoy it because of how slow paced it felt. I havent seen many episodes like that in one piece

yeah the content in chapters has been varying which can make it hard for the studio
theyre at a 1 chapter an episode pace at the moment but if all they have is a page like

then there's not much they can do but make it look pretty.
Jul 14, 2013 12:06 AM

Jul 2008
sspatel_55 said:
Loved Zoro's serious face. Vice Captain FTW reminding Luffy its the beginning of New World and not to lose!

UFO haha its been a while since we saw a new attack..he should use it to run faster all the time

I'm curious what he asked robin to do and no show time for franky/chopper

Get used to not seeing Franky. Let's put it this way, in the anime you got a lot more information about what Franky was doing. In the manga he just vanished.

He won't be back for a long while and that's all I'll say. As for Chopper, you will see.
Jul 14, 2013 1:29 AM
Jun 2013
Did anyone feel like this episode was a little short? It kinda flew by for me. More importantly, where are Franky and Chopper? I'm assuming Chopper is probably hiding out somewhere but why didn't we see any of Franky? I thought that was a little strange...

Also, did anyone else mistake Robin for Boa Hancock a couple times? I think it's the coat she's wearing... makes her look quite similar. Anyway, I'm curious as to what Luffy told her. Good to see Zoro acting like a vice captain and it seems like Luffy has gotten more serious, too. Gomu Gomu No UFO lasted for way longer than I thought it would though, lol.

I'm sure there's still a lot remaining to this arc but I'm hoping it goes by fast. The sooner I don't have to listen to Caesar's god awful cackle anymore, the better.
Jul 14, 2013 1:39 AM

Apr 2009
wow man Wtf.. so slow as fuck

Zoro's scene was good and thats all!
Jul 14, 2013 1:40 AM

Jun 2011
Eltrik said:
SOExclusive said:

2/5

We are talking about a show, where people can build a small bridge in mere seconds (Franky in TB arc). Same old One Piece, still enjoyable though

The pace is a little slow, but if I am watching this in bundle, I think it'll be more enjoyable.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 14, 2013 2:01 AM

Sep 2012
UFOOOOOO
Jul 14, 2013 2:21 AM

Nov 2011
Man, I skipped four episodes and this arc still haven't progress much. Maybe I should skip 4 more and see what happens.

Jul 14, 2013 6:56 AM

Sep 2011
The pacing is killing me they really need to go back to 2 chapters per episode. This is why I hate Toei they always milk everything and don't care about quality.
Jul 14, 2013 7:09 AM

Apr 2013
UFO -_-

All this running around is killing me. I want to see some battle. Like a good 1vs1 fight.
Jul 14, 2013 8:43 AM

Sep 2010
Bah these people complain about everything...

The ep was nice, and things are starting to move so be glad it's not fillers (eventhough op fillers are great)
Jul 14, 2013 9:40 AM

Sep 2011
Mayros said:
Bah these people complain about everything...

The ep was nice, and things are starting to move so be glad it's not fillers (eventhough op fillers are great)

I rather get a 20 episode post arc filler if it means better pacing with manga content. I'll take better pacing if it means some filler then no filler and horrible pacing.
Jul 14, 2013 11:48 AM

Sep 2010
I wonder if it's mainly the manga readers complaining ? I think maybe if they are waiting for the anime to get to plot points in the manga the pace could be frustrating. I don't know what's coming so I don't have that expectation and I actually enjoyed this episode. It reminds me more of classic One Piece.
OomyungJul 19, 2013 7:26 AM
Jul 14, 2013 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
Oomyung said:
I wonder if it's main the manga readers complaining ? I think maybe if they are waiting for the anime to get to plot points in the manga the pace could be frustrating. I don't know what's coming so I don't have that expectation and I actually enjoyed this episode. It reminds me more of classic One Piece.

I completely agree with you.
Jul 14, 2013 3:16 PM
Dec 2012
Yay, 5 minutes of smoke in the air!

This was really slow and no, i'm not a manga reader.
Jul 14, 2013 3:24 PM
Aug 2011
Oomyung said:
I wonder if it's main the manga readers complaining ? I think maybe if they are waiting for the anime to get to plot points in the manga the pace could be frustrating. I don't know what's coming so I don't have that expectation and I actually enjoyed this episode. It reminds me more of classic One Piece.

Yes a large part of the complaints come from the manga readers as they generally are for any adaptation.

Let's separate ourselves from manga readers and anime-only watchers and ask ourselves if that ~4 minute slow motion pan across the island was necessary or if flashbacks are necessary.
Most of us would probably say they aren't.

Flashbacks are nice and all but when you're actually flashing back several dozen episodes, not like what happened 2 episodes ago.
Jul 14, 2013 5:44 PM

Feb 2009
I'm an anime only watcher and this arc has been painfully slow and repetitive at times. The last 2 episodes haven't been as bad though.
Jul 14, 2013 8:23 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode :)
Zoro <3 he's so awesome, and he's right, they're taking the new world too lightly.
So that's the move that Luffy uses in the opening.
Jul 14, 2013 8:40 PM

May 2012
yeah there's definitely a lot of manga readers who complain, but there is truth in the matter of how little progress is made in certain episodes - this one for example.

it would be nice for some filler episodes if it meant speeding up the pace of the chapters/episode - i didn't particularly hate any of the few fillers in one piece, but it would require a full arc to get the people on this forum what they want, which costs money and time - thinking of a story, creating animations, settings, characters from scratch, etc.

regardless, i still feel people would complain for the same reasons even if these episodes contained 2 chapters, some(not all) just want to get to the main fights of the arc.
Jul 15, 2013 1:02 AM

Mar 2011
The episode was ok. But I agree about the pacing. Half the episode was spent on the poison gas >.<. Hopefully next week will have some action.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jul 15, 2013 5:32 AM

Aug 2012
Almost stopping watching, until it gets like 100 episodes fresh to watch. Basically, there was two minutes of plot, all the rest was the gas guy laughing hes ass off, the poison gas advancing, and some stupid talks (like OOOOH SANJI I WASNT USING THIS COAT YOU PERVEEEEERT)...

What have you done to my One Piece, [insert here the name of the company that is producing dat shit]? This even looks like what Jagex did to Ace of Spades and Runescape.
Jul 15, 2013 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
They waste too much time at the beginning , around 6 mins + slow story progress i feel like i was watching it for 5 mins , they should really start going faster.
Jul 16, 2013 1:07 AM

Jul 2010
Gomu Gomu No UFO that made my day :D.
Jul 16, 2013 1:13 AM

Nov 2012
I thought pacing would pick up this week with it actually looking like it is going somewhere. Guess not. I am hoping that with what looks like the action beginning next episode that it will start moving fast.

Anyways I am up for filler as I don't want a main arc to have to suffer from slow pacing and plus One Piece fillers aren't half bad.
Jul 16, 2013 7:56 PM

Jul 2010
I'm not reading the manga, and I did enjoy this episode, perhaps is this the cause?
Jul 17, 2013 1:59 PM
Jan 2012
wow I'm srsly considering to drop op now... this is becoming lame... need to start reading the manga again
Jul 20, 2013 8:33 AM

Sep 2009
Gomu Gomu no UFO was hilarious haha best part of the episode! Especially Zoro and Law's reaction to it :)
Aug 2, 2013 2:39 AM
Aug 2013
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
The pacing is killing me they really need to go back to 2 chapters per episode. This is why I hate Toei they always milk everything and don't care about quality.

i'm glad im not alone on this one. ive been lurking in MAL ever since and was compelled to register just to comment on this one. i was hoping to see some animation again after being on manga for quite a while. (I started with the anime though.)

I get that the pace need some compromise since the manga is right around the corner. but c'mon TOEI. if there's nothing better to do than prolonging a scenery, at least put some effort on the art and make it look sexy. the cage suddenly became engulfed with snow (which wasnt the case in ep 603) and was put right in the middle of the screen, and random chains were obviously cropped to create lame layering. the gas looks pasted over as well.

also, whoever is doing the characters on the current episodes is doing a mediocre job (if not awful). just look at how smoker changed.

This just makes me want to watch a filler more than canon.
00KenjoAug 2, 2013 3:10 AM
Aug 10, 2013 8:46 PM

Nov 2011
Jesus this episode really felt slow I just had to keep skipping into it more because of how slow it was -.-
Aug 17, 2013 5:38 AM

May 2010
Finally Zoro pounded in some sense in luffy lol
Sep 8, 2013 7:51 AM

Jul 2009
Back to the slow pacing in this episode, but I actually enjoyed the stills of the outside of the facility and the mountains with that BGM.
Nov 9, 2013 10:29 AM

May 2013
the g5 soldiers are dumb as fuck and zoro and the team kinda pissed me off not trying to help fix the hole they made. also law could have easily fixed that if he used Room.
like srsly wtf
Dec 24, 2013 5:26 PM

Mar 2010
Below decent

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 28, 2013 4:36 AM

Jan 2012
Gomu Gomu no... UFO!!!
Apr 5, 2014 11:02 PM

Dec 2009
That UFO technique by Luffy is freaking ridiculous lol
Jan 30, 2015 9:55 AM

Oct 2013
IndoExamurai said:
That UFO technique by Luffy is freaking ridiculous lol
But it does the job done

Sep 4, 2015 5:20 AM

Jun 2015
next up
Dec 29, 2015 11:59 PM

Mar 2009
Gotta love those slow shots of gas everywhere...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 408 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 4, 2009

141 by gannoncannon55 »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 405 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hayato_kun - Jun 13, 2009

174 by gannoncannon55 »»
37 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 404 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SlaughterChichi - Jun 7, 2009

127 by gannoncannon55 »»
58 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AnimeRuleDWorld - May 29, 2009

78 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 845 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

19 by FedeMetal »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.