Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2013 3:10 PM
May 2013
i think investigation is way too short. maybe they will put up an exciting class trial though
Jul 12, 2013 3:14 PM

Aug 2011
pink blood... that's cute
this anime reminds me of Bakuman's PCP

my prime suspect

i didnt read through all the comments so someone else must have said the same
Jul 12, 2013 3:16 PM

Jul 2010
Well that pink neon substance looks more disturbing than red blood if you ask me.

Anyway what a great way to kill off 2 characters at once, the 2nd death was a little lame if you ask me but nvm that, I'm curious who's the suspect...

Though I'm looking forward to the trial, doesn't that mean they'll have to get it right everytime cauz otherwise the show will be over since everyone dies except the murderer? And how are they going to end this when the manga hasn't even finished yet? So many questions...
Jul 12, 2013 3:19 PM
Apr 2013
Should i just not post who i think it is as it would be "spolierish" (have not done the game)
Or can i post what i got from the evidence?
Right now i have three suspects. Ball goes to the ghost guy, piece or shirt goes the the read eye guy and the numbers are a big hint but i wont give that one away. And ofcourse the question is who wrote the numbers? Would a killer really right his/her name or was it the dead girl that wrote them but why would she encrypt it?
ponygon123Jul 12, 2013 3:23 PM
Jul 12, 2013 3:26 PM
Jul 2013
Animefanx3 said:
And how are they going to end this when the manga hasn't even finished yet? So many questions...

This anime actually isn't based on a manga, but rather a game, though it does have a manga. I don't recommend reading the Dangan Ronpa manga, though; it's written from the perspective of the victims and culprits, and so spoils each case. If you plan on reading it, wait until after you've finished the anime or game.
Jul 12, 2013 3:28 PM
Apr 2013
Eh i am rethinking my route of thinking. The dead girl encrypting or the killer right his/her name encypted is just dumb so someone could be framing...
Jul 12, 2013 3:29 PM

Jan 2011
This may be a spoiler if it turns out to be true.
I think:

Very interesting so far, and the game elements are pretty cool.
The bear feels like a giant troll but this is definitely a serious show.
Hopefully it won't go full retard midway, this has potential.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 12, 2013 3:30 PM

Sep 2011
MasterMeNL said:

The bear feels like a giant troll but this is definitely a serious show.
Hopefully it won't go full retard midway, this has potential.
Its a serious show, just with a sense of humor, that humor ranges from light hearted to dark as you can get humor, just dont expect full serious and youl be fine

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 12, 2013 3:35 PM
Apr 2013
So I am confused. Are we allowed to speak our mind on what we draw from the evidence or do we just not mention what we think?
Jul 12, 2013 3:44 PM
Aug 2012
not bad so far the pink bld is like neon in colour which sucks more than if it was jst pink but it was still gd and its quite chilling when they kill of people who seem close to the protagonist first makes u fell no one is safe and tht the protagonist cld die at any point
Jul 12, 2013 3:54 PM

May 2013
I went into this anime with high expectations and with the previous 2 episodes I can tell you these have been met alone, This is so much better then episode 1 including everything you would want in an anime with a bad ass OP and an awesome ED
Jul 12, 2013 3:57 PM

May 2013
I've just finished the first chapter of the game before watching this episode and it's quite funny to see it animated now. Considering all the spoilers in here, I am glad I decided to finish the chapter first. It's alright that they shortened the investigation, as long as they focus on the details in the class trial next episode. They probably wanted to avoid unnecessary repetitions.
Jul 12, 2013 3:57 PM

Feb 2012
Wow Monokuma is not playing.

Can't believe the MC's "girlfriend" died, and then that fashion girl.

I hope the fat dude dies on that trial challenge.

Awesome episode.
Jul 12, 2013 3:58 PM

Jun 2009
damn cant wait to see the next ep i mean i know whats gonna happen and im pissed about the outcome and all but still love the series soo far hope they Show a few vids like maizonos this ep wanna know what the saw
Jul 12, 2013 4:02 PM
Jul 2013
I always found it odd that they suspected Naegi simply because of Maizono dying in his room. I mean I understand thinking "huh, that's out of place," but I felt that since he screamed so loud and fainted at her body, it was enough to figure that was his first time seeing it and was shocked by it, which would be odd if he was the culprit.

I guess they could have considered it an act, but I always wondered about that part.
Jul 12, 2013 4:06 PM

Sep 2011
KuroneDLC said:
I always found it odd that they suspected Naegi simply because of Maizono dying in his room. I mean I understand thinking "huh, that's out of place," but I felt that since he screamed so loud and fainted at her body, it was enough to figure that was his first time seeing it and was shocked by it, which would be odd if he was the culprit.

I guess they could have considered it an act, but I always wondered about that part.
never thought of that too, but when your life if on the line and you need to pick who did a murder, naturally your first thoughts on who is is the guys exclusive room where the murder happened

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 12, 2013 4:09 PM

Jun 2012
IT is sooooooooo obvious who killed maizono... The name is written on the wall ....
Its written in upside down english... I expected more from this show!
Disappointed :(
Jul 12, 2013 4:13 PM
Feb 2012
BloodyNightsky said:
ponygon123 said:
So I am confused. Are we allowed to speak our mind on what we draw from the evidence or do we just not mention what we think?

Pretty much we dont mention what we think . Atleast this happens to me ..... I just threw out what I thought and linked things together and look how much "love" I receive.
@above : I spoke my mind out , thats what I did , nothing more and nothing less . Oh and the only thing I read from the source material , I dont know what the heck that is.... but if you refer to the bio sure.... , is about finding out that there is a ....you know I've already said it twice.

Oh don't even pull the 'oh I'm just speculating' card. You were stating things as facts as if you know what's going to happen, because you more than likely DO know. And now you're trying to cover it up saying that you're just speculating.

Just shut the hell up if you know what's going to happen next. Nobody wants your 'help' figuring things out.
Jul 12, 2013 4:16 PM

Nov 2012
Its an improvement from the first episode thats for sure

“It’s fascinating. You know all these words, and they’re all English, but when you string them together into sentences, they just don’t make any sense.”
Jul 12, 2013 4:17 PM
Feb 2012
SLAIDEN_IV said:
I expected more from this show!
Disappointed :(

It's the first case, what are you expecting? It's like getting upset that the first case in Phoenix Wright isn't super complex and full of twists. Of course it won't, it's essentially there to ease the player into the game. And it makes sense from a story standpoint that the first case won't be too deep with how it turned out.

The cases get more and more complex as they go on.

And there is also a lot more to the case than just finding out who killed them. You don't know the motive for choosing Maizono as their victim or how it played out. And you also don't know if someone is being framed.
Jul 12, 2013 4:17 PM
Jul 2013
SLAIDEN_IV said:
IT is sooooooooo obvious who killed maizono...

Keep in mind this is airing in Japan. To them, and other people in this thread, it may not be so obvious.
Jul 12, 2013 4:18 PM

Feb 2010
KuroneDLC said:

When you're in a desperate situation and you're forced to choose a suspect in a limited amount of time, often times your brain comes to those kind of conclusions.

Victim found in room of Naegi > Naegi obviously killed her > he's really good at acting so he's "acting innocent"

This is a thinking process that makes sense to people who are desperately trying to find the culprit to make it out alive. I think that when you're freaking out, thinking things through logically is one of your least worries because you're too busy panicking. That's why I think the calmest characters, or specifically the optimistic people (main character) will probably be the ones that will survive longer than those acting out of desperation.

Also we have to remember that although we know basic information about these characters, we don't understand them completely. Just because Naegi seems and acts innocent wouldn't mean that he actually is innocent (but we know that he is I'm just trying to make a point). That's why the ones that appear the most innocent, will probably be the ones that start "acting out of character", and that's why I'm also suspecting the people that are painfully suspicious to probably be the least suspicious. Sayako is definitely suspicious, and I think that just because she died she shouldn't automatically be labeled as "innocent". I'm not sure if I'm correct (making random guesses) but my guess is that she purposely tried to find a way to get into Naegi's room. She was planning something.That is to say, I'm making assumptions based on only the first two episodes and I haven't played the game.

I am sticking to my prediction that Sayako didn't die as a victim. She is seriously suspicious I mean when she had that mental breakdown she obviously lost it and probably did something to get herself killed like...trying to kill someone else? Once Naegi left to switch rooms it was kind of implied from her intense staring at nothing that she's up to something.

I was seriously freaking out when Naegi opened the bathroom door because I thought she would jump out and stab him. I know from observing and watching psychotic female characters from other animes (COUGH COUGH YUNO) she is behaving very much like a criminal. NOT INNOCENT.
EarlCielJul 12, 2013 4:21 PM
Jul 12, 2013 4:20 PM

Sep 2011
sooooo......the music that plays for when maiazono is found was lot more.....unnerving than i recall, maybe it was because of naegi's scream

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 12, 2013 4:21 PM
Dec 2010
To people who have "figured" out the killer, it's only the first trial. It'll get harder later.
The episode felt a bit rushed, but I guess they have to considering they only have 13 episodes and there's much more important stuff to go through. The OP was interesting though xD I was pretty shocked to hear an english rap.
Jul 12, 2013 4:30 PM
Jul 2013
EarlCiel said:
KuroneDLC said:

When you're in a desperate situation and you're forced to choose a suspect in a limited amount of time, often times your brain comes to those kind of conclusions.

Victim found in room of Naegi > Naegi obviously killed her > he's really good at acting so he's "acting innocent"

This is a thinking process that makes sense to people who are desperately trying to find the culprit to make it out alive. I think that when you're freaking out, thinking things through logically is one of your least worries because you're too busy panicking.

Yeah, I was sorta figuring something like that; that's why I was figuring they all think he's just pretending. However, as understandable as their panic is, it's also dangerous to suddenly jump to conclusions and go "he's the culprit!" After all, as Monobear said, if you choose wrong, all except the culprit die. Therefore, it's kind of important to be very sure of your answer and not base it on little evidence.

I do understand their panic, but if their goal is to make it out alive, then panicking won't do any good and could easily doom them.
Jul 12, 2013 4:32 PM

Mar 2013
Wow I'm surprised. After thinking last week that this would be a show I'd probably end up dropping, this weeks episode was very good! I like the direction this is going. Still not a big fan of the characters, but the focus on mistery makes it good.

OST is also great imo.
Jul 12, 2013 4:34 PM

Oct 2011
Damn two deaths in one episode 0___0.

OMG why doesn't he show Maizono's room key. Since they switch rooms? This will prove his innocent.

From the clues: the sword was used as the room had sword slashes. I saw a tiny knife at first I thought she committed suicide. Then it stated she got stabbed by a bigger knife( used for cooking) What did Kyouko notice?? Before she noticed the room change sign Was Maizono's clue with the number someone's room number? Since it didn't show everyone room number

Also if the ending is showing who died. Why is Naegi in there too?
AnimeFan500Jul 12, 2013 4:57 PM
Jul 12, 2013 4:38 PM

Aug 2011
Well I figured out who it was. Only because about a billion people fucking spoiled it. Please keep spoilers to a minimum and if you're going to DIE without spoiling then put it in a spoiler tab. Even theories about how to solve the mystery. Please.

Anyways, I have a theory/question/speculation of my own.

I have a question for the VN players:

Jul 12, 2013 4:42 PM

Nov 2008
UtsukushiiYume said:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 12, 2013 4:45 PM

Nov 2011
Great episode. Two characters already died. Won't know that the pink liquid is blood if Monobear didn't kill Junko like that.

Dead characters appear in the ED alongside Neigi. Its the opposite of DS 2 ending.

Haven't figured out who the killer is but I'm pretty sure I will find out if I just browse the previous pages of this threads so I'll just leave this message here and leave.

Jul 12, 2013 4:48 PM

Jul 2012
KaiserNazrin said:
Great episode. Two characters already died. Won't know that the pink liquid is blood if Monobear didn't kill Junko like that.

Dead characters appear in the ED alongside Neigi. Its the opposite of DS 2 ending.

Haven't figured out who the killer is but I'm pretty sure I will find out if I just browse the previous pages of this threads so I'll just leave this message here and go.

Good call.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Jul 12, 2013 4:49 PM
Jan 2013
Seriously though, if you're new to this series, you guys should stop coming to these kinds of forums at all.. No matter how much to try to avoid them, you'll see spoilers everywhere. I already see some people trying to spoil, and some people unintentionally, too.

And I don't think Dangan ronpa would be classified as a Visual novel.. it's a PSP adventure game. You acutally "play" it, not just read it, though it's very much story based.
Jul 12, 2013 4:50 PM

Jun 2008
Removed a bunch of posts about some spoilers and the posts that derived from them.

I wouldn't even hint since some hints are pretty obvious and is just borderline spoiling.
Jul 12, 2013 4:51 PM

Jun 2013
Oh, I love the pink blood! :o Pink is my favorite color and it matches the setting and atmosphere, even if it was originally supposed to be a censor.

Ugh, it's killing me to not click the spoiler button, but I think I already know who did it because of some... rather strong hints that people have been throwing about.

People are saying it's rushed, but it didn't seem that bad to me. Of course, I haven't played or watched an LP of the game, so I have nothing to compare the episode to. I think focusing on the evidence more would have been good (because part of the fun in stuff like this is trying to figure it out on your own), but I guess it will all come out in the trial.

Also, noooooo! I liked Junko! D:< She was sassy and had freckles and really cute hair.
Jul 12, 2013 4:56 PM

Sep 2012
How dare Monobear kill my second favourite character so early in the game? :(

This whole trial is going to be really interesting, I have an idea of who it might be, but I could be wrong.
Jul 12, 2013 4:59 PM
Jul 2011
Sayaka Maizono was insane and looked like she was ready to kill someone.... Glad she's dead.
Jul 12, 2013 5:01 PM

Oct 2012
I know who the killer is! At least I think I do..
Wasn't expecting Junko's death and I was half expecting Maizono's.

Good episode, it looks like the trial is going to be a barrel of fun. Also like the new OP and the nice touch they added to the ED.
Jul 12, 2013 5:03 PM

Sep 2012
There was something written on that notebook on the table, right? It didn't show what it was.
Jul 12, 2013 5:04 PM

Jun 2011
Damn two beauties died :(
what if some one commit suicide?
can't wait to see who's the killer.
5/5
Jul 12, 2013 5:05 PM

Aug 2011
DenjaX said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

Jul 12, 2013 5:08 PM
Jul 2011
"This is an idol group we're talking about"

So apparently an idol group disbanding is far more serious than your family getting killed. k.
Jul 12, 2013 5:10 PM

Sep 2011
AnimeFtw1 said:

So apparently an idol group disbanding is far more serious than your family getting killed. k.
Ummm they showed all of her idol friends dead on the ground on a destroyed stage she performed on, i think thats what shes more freaked out about. Monobear saying that is just him being a asshole. He does that......alot

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 12, 2013 5:12 PM

Jul 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
DenjaX said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

Jul 12, 2013 5:13 PM
Mar 2012
I call Chihiro fujisaki.
Jul 12, 2013 5:14 PM
Jan 2013
AnimeFtw1 said:

In the game, if I remember correctly,

Maizono talks about how she came from an extremely poor family without a father,
and becoming an idol was a dream she had since she was a child, and that dream is all she had. So, she says that she's always been afraid that the public would get tired of her eventually, and has done all she could, "even the things she didn't want to do" in order to keep her dream going. So to Maizono, having her career and her idol group members dead meant she had nothing left anymore, which explains her desperation.

And the reason Naegi was so suprised at seeing that CD was because it meant that the person behind all this would be powerful enough to destroy a famous idol group and get away with it.
suynkJul 12, 2013 5:17 PM
Jul 12, 2013 5:15 PM

Jul 2012
wow i was really hoping that Maizono wouldnt die... at least not this early
Jul 12, 2013 5:16 PM

Sep 2011
suynk said:
AnimeFtw1 said:

Maizono talks about how she came from an extremely poor family without a father,
and becoming an idol was a dream she had since she was a child, and that dream is all she had. So, she says that she's always been afraid that the public would get tired of her eventually, and has done all she could, "even the things she didn't want to do" in order to keep her dream going. So to Maizono, having her career and her idol group members dead meant she had nothing left anymore, which explains her desperation.

That and all her friends were dead in that image

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 12, 2013 5:18 PM

Sep 2012
suynk said:
AnimeFtw1 said:

And the reason Naegi was so suprised at seeing that CD was because it meant that the person behind all this would be powerful enough to destroy a famous idol group and get away with it.

So in this adaptation we're basically left without any characterization? Little to nothing has been revealed about her.
Jul 12, 2013 5:22 PM

Sep 2011
Litrydow said:
suynk said:
AnimeFtw1 said:

So in this adaptation we're basically left without any characterization? Little to nothing has been revealed about her.
Dont say that yet, alot of characters have alot of reveals about them post death, just cause a character is down doesn't mean they are out(of the story)

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 12, 2013 5:22 PM
Jan 2013
Litrydow said:
suynk said:
AnimeFtw1 said:

Yeah, I was dissapointed that so much characterization has been cut, mainly for Maizono but so much has been cut about the other characters, too. But there are only 13 episodes, so they had to do it I guess :/
Pages (16) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.