Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 9, 2013 2:36 PM

Nov 2012
I wonder what's Madara's trump card?
Jul 9, 2013 3:23 PM

Dec 2011
That's why Madara is still calm even at this point. I really wonder what is his trump card? We might get something hax like using full potential of his EMS/Rinnegan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2013 4:02 PM

Apr 2012
Fiji said:
That's why Madara is still calm even at this point. I really wonder what is his trump card? We might get something hax like using full potential of his EMS/Rinnegan.

He didn't even seem all that surprised when Obito didn't resurrect him
Jul 9, 2013 6:21 PM

Aug 2012
God i really cant stand Obito being this powerful... it just pisses me off for some reason. And about Madara's trump card, its probably either gonna be that one Sharingan ability that Itachi gave to Naruto and then used on himself (a mind control sort of thing so he can control Obito), or an edo tensei sage of six paths. I can't see how else he can stand up to ten tails Obito atm.
Jul 9, 2013 6:35 PM

Jan 2013
Mazaev said:
Naruto Good Path: Naruto
Naruto Bad Path: Obito

Only way Obito will be defeated will be some sort of sealing or sacrifice from Naruto, calling it now they both will die in the series. If Sasuke is to become truly good too, it's the only way it can happen seeing Naruto die.

The best ending would be Sasuke and Sakura dying in one hit by Obito and while he is trying to get the blood off, Naruto and Madara jumps Obito and wins the war. Madara becomes the Hokage and Kishimoto laughs while swimming in his endless amount of money that he has amassed.
Jul 9, 2013 8:14 PM

Dec 2010
Sujay95 said:
OMG! Okay, this one changes everything!
Obito has now lost his sense of identity and is completely possessed by the Ten-Tails! That's BAD news. Senju brothers got owned in a flash! But they aren't out of the story yet!
And Madara has a trump card. I don't mind this trump card of his as long as Obito dies (unless there's more character development for him) or it gives Madara the control of the Juubi itself and not Obito as Juubi's Jinchuuriki.

But guys, you are forgetting the trump card that the Allied Shinobi Force now has on their side. Yes. You know who!!
HIM. Orochimaru! I'm sure he has answers and some jutsu. There hasn't been much of a backstory for him. He sure is a mysterious character from beginning. He's bathed in mysterious for god's sake. I believe he has a significant role to play. Again. There's now more scope for his character development. ;)
headless_nick said:
yhunata said:
headless_nick said:
so please tell me how can this 30 year old man who wants to be in a dreamland, away from all the pains and with a 12 yr old imaginary girl ..possibly be as powerfull as sage of 6 path who by the way is supposed to be the creator of ninja world and considered a god ...just tell me what obito did to achieve this honorable mantle !...

well..he lost to kakashi and suddenly the guy is more powerfull than super saiyan 4 goku??? so what we need next ? lets see how about fusion no jutsu and bam ! we need madarama ...!!

sorry guys ...according to the standard of naruto story line that i admired and knew ...this chapter (and many more back ) just sucked big time...

He's not. The sage kept his sanity. Obito lost it. Obito is nowhere near as strong as the Sage, but his chakra is at least strong enough to enable him to host the Juubi.

thats precisely my question , how he did that ? how he is suddenly stronger than hashirama ? whats the point of characterization if the motivation is so lame and not only that but even that character becomes the most powerful because of his lame motivation?

look , even naruto got chakra from each bijuues ... actually he earned their respect ...it doesnt matter if obito is sane or insane , it just isnt right that he is now most powerful without any explanation

Obito has the Rinnegan. And the Sharingan. Add the Uchiha blood to that. A potential Rikudou Sennin.
Didn't take much to seal the Juubi within himself since he already had experience sealing the other 7 Tailed-Beasts in the Gedou Mazou statue and become the Jinchuuriki. Madara also taught him several techniques before he died. So it is quite legit.
Is that an explanation enough for you? :)

Saduj said:
ArtemisX said:
textwall

Dude, it's all been explained, remember a few chapter ago where Obito said the war is not about Rin and Kakashi? It's not Kishi fault that you can't read the the text bubbles.

+1. Agreed.

great! ... rinnegan + uchiha blood ??? too bad madara all those years ago (who btw awakend rinnegan) could not become jinchuriki because he had to wait for obito to fall in love...

and my point is not even who gets to be jinchuriki ...

look what am saying is just justify obito being most powerful ... if you try to come up with explanation regarding eye implantation, senju dna, there could be many explanations and plotholes...these are not the answers that satisfies long term fans, there should be more heart in it...i mean the rinnegan wasnt even obito's to begin with. he didnt AWAKENED rinnegan but he became stronger than madara , hashirama , who back then tried their best to find answers and earned their abilities...am sorry but the narutoverse i knew doesn't work that way...even zabuza and haku had better motivation to become strongest

so my point is are you happy from these explanations that obito is the strongest in narutoverse now?
headless_nickJul 9, 2013 8:20 PM
Jul 9, 2013 10:13 PM

Oct 2012
I thought that Jinchuuriki needed to be babies...didn't Naruto have to be one? Or does this only apply to the Shiki Fuin? Wait...then what seal did they use for when they sealed the Kyuubi into Kushina?

ARGH TOO MANY DAMN PLOTHOLES KISHI!

*bangs head against wall*

How did Obito become a Jinchuuriki anyway? I didn't see any Fuuinjutsu seals or arrays when he became the Juubi's Jinchuuriki...
Jul 9, 2013 11:16 PM

Jan 2012
I'm just waiting on the kages to go into ass-kicking mode.

And if not, there's always Naruto and his piercing shounen protaganist words. And if all fails, there's still him combining his nine tails mode with his sage mode and getting 150% hax thrown in.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2013 11:50 PM

Jun 2012
I am wondering, when we reach the climax, this becomes boring.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Jul 10, 2013 12:38 AM

Feb 2013
Well I do like this new mindless/crazy Obito much more then the Emo/Pedobear Obito we had before, although I still hope he dies soon. Also yay Madara is finally done with his nap \o/, can't wait to see what this trump card of his is I really hope it involves him ripping Obitos head off and taking his rightful place as the ten tails jinchuuriki.
Jul 10, 2013 2:53 AM

Apr 2012
headless_nick said:
Sujay95 said:
Obito has now lost his sense of identity and is completely possessed by the Ten-Tails! That's BAD news. Senju brothers got owned in a flash! But they aren't out of the story yet!
And Madara has a trump card. I don't mind this trump card of his as long as Obito dies (unless there's more character development for him) or it gives Madara the control of the Juubi itself and not Obito as Juubi's Jinchuuriki.

But guys, you are forgetting the trump card that the Allied Shinobi Force now has on their side. Yes. You know who!!
HIM. Orochimaru! I'm sure he has answers and some jutsu. There hasn't been much of a backstory for him. He sure is a mysterious character from beginning. He's bathed in mysterious for god's sake. I believe he has a significant role to play. Again. There's now more scope for his character development. ;)
headless_nick said:
yhunata said:
headless_nick said:
so please tell me how can this 30 year old man who wants to be in a dreamland, away from all the pains and with a 12 yr old imaginary girl ..possibly be as powerfull as sage of 6 path who by the way is supposed to be the creator of ninja world and considered a god ...just tell me what obito did to achieve this honorable mantle !...

well..he lost to kakashi and suddenly the guy is more powerfull than super saiyan 4 goku??? so what we need next ? lets see how about fusion no jutsu and bam ! we need madarama ...!!

sorry guys ...according to the standard of naruto story line that i admired and knew ...this chapter (and many more back ) just sucked big time...

He's not. The sage kept his sanity. Obito lost it. Obito is nowhere near as strong as the Sage, but his chakra is at least strong enough to enable him to host the Juubi.

thats precisely my question , how he did that ? how he is suddenly stronger than hashirama ? whats the point of characterization if the motivation is so lame and not only that but even that character becomes the most powerful because of his lame motivation?

look , even naruto got chakra from each bijuues ... actually he earned their respect ...it doesnt matter if obito is sane or insane , it just isnt right that he is now most powerful without any explanation

Obito has the Rinnegan. And the Sharingan. Add the Uchiha blood to that. A potential Rikudou Sennin.
Didn't take much to seal the Juubi within himself since he already had experience sealing the other 7 Tailed-Beasts in the Gedou Mazou statue and become the Jinchuuriki. Madara also taught him several techniques before he died. So it is quite legit.

Saduj said:
ArtemisX said:
textwall

Dude, it's all been explained, remember a few chapter ago where Obito said the war is not about Rin and Kakashi? It's not Kishi fault that you can't read the the text bubbles.

+1. Agreed.

great! ... rinnegan + uchiha blood ??? too bad madara all those years ago (who btw awakend rinnegan) could not become jinchuriki because he had to wait for obito to fall in love...

look what am saying is just justify obito being most powerful ... if you try to come up with explanation regarding eye implantation, senju dna, there could be many explanations and plotholes...these are not the answers that satisfies long term fans, there should be more heart in it...i mean the rinnegan wasnt even obito's to begin with. he didnt AWAKENED rinnegan but he became stronger than madara , hashirama , who back then tried their best to find answers and earned their abilities...am sorry but the narutoverse i knew doesn't work that way...even zabuza and haku had better motivation to become strongest

so my point is are you happy from these explanations that obito is the strongest in narutoverse now?

Okay... let's do a recap!

The first thing you need to understand is the fact that Obito has a reason to become the strongest. I would say that the future of the Elemental Nations will depends on 3 characters: Naruto, Obito and Sasuke. Naruto is the one who thinks peace through understanding can be achieved. Sasuke is the one who thinks that peace can only be achieved through force. Obito is the one who doesn't think peace can be achieve in either way, so he's willing to abandon this world.

Without delving too much into a Philosophical debate, what Kishi is trying to show is that none of them is by default 'right', they need to prove themselves in this battle, the one with the strongest will shall prevail (and all that...), all three have then a reason to become stronger.

Then there's the incredible gap between a Jinchuuriki that does not use the power of the Beast inside of him and one who does. Simply compare Naruto at his strongest without Kurama, that would be Sage Mode. That can't compare to full Bijuu Mode can it? And Obito is the jinchuuriki of the JUUBI, so the gap would be way bigger.

Rikudou Sennin, thanks to his Rinnegan was able to use In'youton Jutsu, that's like the ultimate Hack-type of jutsu that allowed him to basically do everything, play with reality as he wished. Madara said that he would teach that to Obito (chapter 606) so there's that. Though none of them are able to use at the same scale as Rikudou (well, Obito apparently can now)

We've seen from previous fights that Obito was able to simultaneously control 6 Bijuus to fight against Bee, Naruto, Kakashi and Gai, and control the Gedou Mazou itself with relative ease

He was able to decimate dozens of Kiri ANBU as a teen (chapter 605)

Strong enough to go toe to toe with Minato the night of the Kyuubi incident

Was able to resist Madara's will (that's like half of his body going against him)

Basically, he was very strong already before becoming the Jinchuuriki, you say that Obito doesn't deserve to be the strongest, because he hasn't earned it or something, but you are totally wrong... what do you think he's been doing for the past 20 years? He's been planning and working his ass off to reach this particular point! The moment where he would finally have the power of the Juubi, that nothing to laugh at you know! The Juubi was basically praised as a God! I was actually waiting for this moment where Hashirama and Madara would finally be truly outclassed!

Shape430 said:
Well I do like this new mindless/crazy Obito much more then the Emo/Pedobear Obito we had before

Where do people get the idea that Obito is a mindless/crazy beast? I mean, he might not remember who he is, but he still remembers who his ennemies are, that's not a reason to point a finger at him and scream ''Monster!''
AloxamaxJul 10, 2013 3:04 AM
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Jul 10, 2013 3:02 AM

Mar 2012
GrapeKiller said:
I thought that Jinchuuriki needed to be babies...didn't Naruto have to be one? Or does this only apply to the Shiki Fuin? Wait...then what seal did they use for when they sealed the Kyuubi into Kushina?

How did Obito become a Jinchuuriki anyway? I didn't see any Fuuinjutsu seals or arrays when he became the Juubi's Jinchuuriki...
Did you even paying attention at Bee backstory?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 10, 2013 3:05 AM

Apr 2012
GrapeKiller said:

...you read too much fanfiction.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Jul 10, 2013 5:10 AM

Jul 2013
GrapeKiller said:

Jinchuuriki don't need to be babies, Bee was a kid/teen when he had the Hachibi sealed inside him. Also, Minato was an adult when he became a Jinchuuriki.
Jul 10, 2013 7:57 AM
Mar 2012
Obviously the one that got The first and the second hokage was Obito's speed so i'm looking forward to seeing how Minato will fare with Obito in that regard.

At this point i don't even think the current kage are relevant anymore. The only way i can see them getting out of this would be by having Sarutobi and Minato using the death god technique on Obito and Madara.

Other than that it's endgame for our protagonists.
Jul 10, 2013 8:18 AM

Dec 2010
Aloxamax said:
headless_nick said:
Sujay95 said:

headless_nick said:
yhunata said:
headless_nick said:

Saduj said:
ArtemisX said:
textwall

+1. Agreed.

Okay... let's do a recap!

The first thing you need to understand is the fact that Obito has a reason to become the strongest. I would say that the future of the Elemental Nations will depends on 3 characters: Naruto, Obito and Sasuke. Naruto is the one who thinks peace through understanding can be achieved. Sasuke is the one who thinks that peace can only be achieved through force. Obito is the one who doesn't think peace can be achieve in either way, so he's willing to abandon this world.

Without delving too much into a Philosophical debate, what Kishi is trying to show is that none of them is by default 'right', they need to prove themselves in this battle, the one with the strongest will shall prevail (and all that...), all three have then a reason to become stronger.

Then there's the incredible gap between a Jinchuuriki that does not use the power of the Beast inside of him and one who does. Simply compare Naruto at his strongest without Kurama, that would be Sage Mode. That can't compare to full Bijuu Mode can it? And Obito is the jinchuuriki of the JUUBI, so the gap would be way bigger.

Rikudou Sennin, thanks to his Rinnegan was able to use In'youton Jutsu, that's like the ultimate Hack-type of jutsu that allowed him to basically do everything, play with reality as he wished. Madara said that he would teach that to Obito (chapter 606) so there's that. Though none of them are able to use at the same scale as Rikudou (well, Obito apparently can now)

We've seen from previous fights that Obito was able to simultaneously control 6 Bijuus to fight against Bee, Naruto, Kakashi and Gai, and control the Gedou Mazou itself with relative ease

He was able to decimate dozens of Kiri ANBU as a teen (chapter 605)

Strong enough to go toe to toe with Minato the night of the Kyuubi incident

Was able to resist Madara's will (that's like half of his body going against him)

Basically, he was very strong already before becoming the Jinchuuriki, you say that Obito doesn't deserve to be the strongest, because he hasn't earned it or something, but you are totally wrong... what do you think he's been doing for the past 20 years? He's been planning and working his ass off to reach this particular point! The moment where he would finally have the power of the Juubi, that nothing to laugh at you know! The Juubi was basically praised as a God! I was actually waiting for this moment where Hashirama and Madara would finally be truly outclassed!

Shape430 said:
Well I do like this new mindless/crazy Obito much more then the Emo/Pedobear Obito we had before

Where do people get the idea that Obito is a mindless/crazy beast? I mean, he might not remember who he is, but he still remembers who his ennemies are, that's not a reason to point a finger at him and scream ''Monster!''

well , see... there are some key points when you develop characterization on such a big scale for such a good manga.

a. you need your goal for the character
b. you need good enough motivation to thrive for your goal
c. your course of action

now from all the points you have gathered , if we see the development over 1st 500-600 chapters of naruto which led to obito's pre-unmasking and pre- 4th war course of action...we find he led the attack on konoha. which is debated as obito was only 13 yrs old and he had only one year time to gain his arm,master sharingan, rinnegan,kamui,control 9 tails , go toe to toe with 4th etc....again, which is pretty much the same thing he does now.

so now if we look at the post unmasking character development of obito there are 4-5 chapters of flashback where we learn his current motivation behind his current goal.(which by the way is not satisfactory enough to get this immense amount of power ) and in those 5 chapters we again see his course of actions as stated by you ...i mean the points of kiri anbu, going against madara's will etc...so controlling 6 bijuu should be easy enough as he controlled 9 tails 17 years ago.

so obito is now 30 years old , naruto had 638 chapters , we got 5 chapters of character development for our ulimate villain , and his course of action to become strongest is justified as he defeated 4th 17 years ago ...even lets say which does not sound fishy for an one armed teen ager as he was motivated by the death of his crush...5 out of 638 ...is it good amount to set up our most powerful villain?lets say it is.

that can only mean those 5 chapters of flashback after his unmasking was so powerfull that it justifies all of his actions and makes him as a succesfull character who can be even stronger than hashirama who by the way saw his brothers and family die in such an age where they even feared to tell their full name...we all know fans reaction to those 5 chapters as obito unfolded his big reason behind 4th ninja war.
...so when hashirama suddenly in ONLY ONE PANEL , says " hands down am not as strong as this jinchuriki " it kind of blows all these buildups of 600+ chapters... its like being a jinchuriki explains evereything...i mean if tobi was that much stronger why he didnt became a jinchuriki of 9 tail back then?whats the point in showing 1st hokage is the strongest over this much amount of chapters if he surrenders in only one panel.

i am glad we had this conversation ... you can explain the course of action and motivation of obito by saying he is an extreme idealistic "uchiha naruto" gone bad way , thats one way to answer it. (which in a way also covers kishis failure on saske character development as kishi officially stated recently that uchihas are emotionaly...what to say ...stupid?..)and i get your points from your answer. but still, for me the characterization does not add upto the expectations as seen in previous back stories of various characters of naruto.lets hope kishi pulls this one somehow but also its early to predict the outcome on how to top jubito this time.
headless_nickJul 10, 2013 8:21 AM
Jul 10, 2013 9:09 AM

Jul 2010
I think this chapter was more interesting than some of the previous. It really had a focus and I liked that. But I'm so mad that Hashirama is already over-powered. >__< We haven't seen too much badassery from him!
Jul 10, 2013 9:41 AM

Jun 2013
fishergirl16 said:
I'm so mad that Hashirama is already over-powered. >__< We haven't seen too much badassery from him!

It isn't only you. I'm also mad about that. I just read the chapter and was like "What? Did Hashirama just said that Obito is stronger than him? Did he REALY said it?".

Can't wait to see what will happen in the next chapter ^^
Jul 10, 2013 10:58 AM

Apr 2012
headless_nick said:
well , see... there are some key points when you develop characterization on such a big scale for such a good manga.

c. your course of action

now from all the points you have gathered , if we see the development over 1st 500-600 chapters of naruto which led to obito's pre-unmasking and pre- 4th war course of action...we find he led the attack on konoha. which is debated as obito was only 13 yrs old and he had only one year time to gain his arm,master sharingan, rinnegan,kamui,control 9 tails , go toe to toe with 4th etc....again, which is pretty much the same thing he does now.

so now if we look at the post unmasking character development of obito there are 4-5 chapters of flashback where we learn his current motivation behind his current goal.(which by the way is not satisfactory enough to get this immense amount of power ) and in those 5 chapters we again see his course of actions as stated by you ...i mean the points of kiri anbu, going against madara's will etc...so controlling 6 bijuu should be easy enough as he controlled 9 tails 17 years ago.

so obito is now 30 years old , naruto had 638 chapters , we got 5 chapters of character development for our ulimate villain , and his course of action to become strongest is justified as he defeated 4th 17 years ago ...even lets say which does not sound fishy for an one armed teen ager as he was motivated by the death of his crush...5 out of 638 ...is it good amount to set up our most powerful villain?lets say it is.

that can only mean those 5 chapters of flashback after his unmasking was so powerfull that it justifies all of his actions and makes him as a succesfull character who can be even stronger than hashirama who by the way saw his brothers and family die in such an age where they even feared to tell their full name...we all know fans reaction to those 5 chapters as obito unfolded his big reason behind 4th ninja war.
...so when hashirama suddenly in ONLY ONE PANEL , says " hands down am not as strong as this jinchuriki " it kind of blows all these buildups of 600+ chapters... its like being a jinchuriki explains evereything...i mean if tobi was that much stronger why he didnt became a jinchuriki of 9 tail back then?whats the point in showing 1st hokage is the strongest over this much amount of chapters if he surrenders in only one panel.

i am glad we had this conversation ... you can explain the course of action and motivation of obito by saying he is an extreme idealistic "uchiha naruto" gone bad way , thats one way to answer it. (which in a way also covers kishis failure on saske character development as kishi officially stated recently that uchihas are emotionaly...what to say ...stupid?..)and i get your points from your answer. but still, for me the characterization does not add upto the expectations as seen in previous back stories of various characters of naruto.lets hope kishi pulls this one somehow but also its early to predict the outcome on how to top jubito this time.

I'm not about to quote everything again because that would make it way too long.

First, about Obito's age, he was atleast 13 before he supposedly died by being crushed by a boulder. There was the whole training to use his new limbs better, the fusion with Spiral Zetsu, the Kiri episode, the reunion with Nagato...he did quite a lot of things before attacking Konoha. I would say that he was atleast 20 by then (I mean, he was pretty much as tall as Minato, and his voice is pretty damn deep), so he had years to master anything he needed.

Second, half of his body is made with Hashirama's cells, even if it isn't his original body it should still be stronger than a normal one.

I need to say that you've got it all wrong regarding Obito's motivation. All of this planning and fighting was not done because of Rin, she was only the catalyst that made Obito see the 'reality' of the world. If it was only because of Rin, then Obito could simply launch the Genjutsu on himself and be happy in his dreamland, yet he wants to drag everybody in with him. When Madara asked him why Kakashi was still alive after his Kiri episode, Obito said it didn't matter if he died, because Kakashi would be alive in the world that they would create, then when the two fought at the war, Obito tried to convince Kakashi to join him.

This all means that he's not some emo bastard who's on denial and can't accept the fact that Rin is dead, Obito firmly believes that everybody would really be better off living in a dream, in the Infinite Tsukuyomi (and it might be true, who knows?).

As for Hashirama admitting Obito is stronger than him...so what? Didn't you expect it? This is what was supposed to happen, the Juubi is the current strongest being in the planet, if Obito gets that power then it's pretty obvious that he would be stronger. He didn't become the Jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi because the Kyuubi isn't strong enough to give him the power to cast the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

You say that this ruins the build-up, but what you don't understand is that it still is building up! Hashirama is not the main character of this Manga, you know? It's Naruto. It's not up to Hashirama to defeat Obito, it's up to Naruto. Currently the strongest on the Shinobi Alliance side is Hashirama, by giving them an ennemy stronger than him, THAT will the catalyst Kishi needs continue this fight!

Ever since the Hokage arrived, the battle had pretty much stopped, the Juubi was restrained and couldn't do much, Madara was just sitting there, Obito was in another dimension, the Hokage had to keep the barrier up, team 7, 8 and 10 weren't doing much damage anyway...you see? Both sides were pretty much frozen, none gaining over the other now Obito's side has gained the advantage, which will force the Shinobi alliance to fing a way to counterattack.

We knew (or atleast most of us did) that with the revival of the Juubi, the level of the battle would have to reach Rikudou Sennin level at some point, this is simply a way of saying ''it's happening now'' by having Hashirama admit that it's now beyond him.
Jul 10, 2013 11:34 AM

Jul 2007
Saduj said:
ArtemisX said:
textwall

Don't insult my intelligence ok. I know perfectly well what has been going on with obtio and caused his growth and change to the character he is today. But that still doesn't explain how zetsu controlled him and why or what is zetsu and if you haven't noticed he is no were to be found on the battlefield any more, he just up and dissapears. People are almost like forgetting that this character still exists, where the hell is he??

Or maybe he could be part of obito, who knows either way plays a key role in how obito became what he is today, i am just saying their is still a slight possibility that the whole truth has not been explained yet. Knowing zetsu was involved, their might be something more sinister at work behind rin's death, or something that spurred into motion against his will. I am still just throwing speculation their, but i am not ready to accept the full truth until everything is resolved.

Ask this one question? Black Zetsu, who is he exactly? That is something that no one can answer yet.

Jul 10, 2013 12:08 PM

Apr 2013
Before this chapter aired i had an argument with my friend. He said that Obito is dead and that Madara became the Jinchuuriki.
Now since it's confirmed and he was wrong. And now I can proudly show him the middle finger ^_^

I mean seriously it was way too obvious.
Jul 10, 2013 6:49 PM

Oct 2011
Poor Obito.. to fall so low. I sort of feel pity for his current state, now.
Can such a dream truely exist?
Jul 10, 2013 6:58 PM

Apr 2012
ArtemisX said:
Don't insult my intelligence ok. I know perfectly well what has been going on with obtio and caused his growth and change to the character he is today. But that still doesn't explain how zetsu controlled him and why or what is zetsu and if you haven't noticed he is no were to be found on the battlefield any more, he just up and dissapears. People are almost like forgetting that this character still exists, where the hell is he??

Or maybe he could be part of obito, who knows either way plays a key role in how obito became what he is today, i am just saying their is still a slight possibility that the whole truth has not been explained yet. Knowing zetsu was involved, their might be something more sinister at work behind rin's death, or something that spurred into motion against his will. I am still just throwing speculation their, but i am not ready to accept the full truth until everything is resolved.

Ask this one question? Black Zetsu, who is he exactly? That is something that no one can answer yet.

Zetsu: An inferior clone of Hashirama Senju made from his cells that were cultivated by Madara.

Black Zetsu: A white zetsu that has been modified with Madara's will, that's explained in chapter 606, that's who he is.

The black coloration in both Black Zetsu and Obito is because of the presence of Madara's will, Madara tried to use that to control Obito, as HALF of Obito's body is made from Hashirama's cells just like Zetsu. Madara gave him that half body, so it wouldn't surprise me if he implanted his will in it without telling Obito.

Zetsu is not really a part of Obito, he didn't control Obito anyway, what happened was that Madara tried to impose his will on Obito's mind, but it wasn't strong enough to supress Obito who ended up becoming the Jinchuuriki.

There actually isn't any kind of real mystery behind Zetsu's identity, only his location is unknown.

Other than that, I'm pretty damn sure that Rin's death has been explained and is the whole truth, Kakshi did kill Rin as he activated his Mangekyou Sharingan. Rin was the Jinchuuriki of the sanbi at that time, Kiri did send ANBU after them to mislead them so I don't see what Zetsu could've even done.
Jul 10, 2013 7:38 PM

Dec 2010
Aloxamax said:
headless_nick said:

c. your course of action

I'm not about to quote everything again because that would make it way too long.

First, about Obito's age, he was atleast 13 before he supposedly died by being crushed by a boulder. There was the whole training to use his new limbs better, the fusion with Spiral Zetsu, the Kiri episode, the reunion with Nagato...he did quite a lot of things before attacking Konoha. I would say that he was atleast 20 by then (I mean, he was pretty much as tall as Minato, and his voice is pretty damn deep), so he had years to master anything he needed.

Second, half of his body is made with Hashirama's cells, even if it isn't his original body it should still be stronger than a normal one.

I need to say that you've got it all wrong regarding Obito's motivation. All of this planning and fighting was not done because of Rin, she was only the catalyst that made Obito see the 'reality' of the world. If it was only because of Rin, then Obito could simply launch the Genjutsu on himself and be happy in his dreamland, yet he wants to drag everybody in with him. When Madara asked him why Kakashi was still alive after his Kiri episode, Obito said it didn't matter if he died, because Kakashi would be alive in the world that they would create, then when the two fought at the war, Obito tried to convince Kakashi to join him.

This all means that he's not some emo bastard who's on denial and can't accept the fact that Rin is dead, Obito firmly believes that everybody would really be better off living in a dream, in the Infinite Tsukuyomi (and it might be true, who knows?).

As for Hashirama admitting Obito is stronger than him...so what? Didn't you expect it? This is what was supposed to happen, the Juubi is the current strongest being in the planet, if Obito gets that power then it's pretty obvious that he would be stronger. He didn't become the Jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi because the Kyuubi isn't strong enough to give him the power to cast the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

You say that this ruins the build-up, but what you don't understand is that it still is building up! Hashirama is not the main character of this Manga, you know? It's Naruto. It's not up to Hashirama to defeat Obito, it's up to Naruto. Currently the strongest on the Shinobi Alliance side is Hashirama, by giving them an ennemy stronger than him, THAT will the catalyst Kishi needs continue this fight!

Ever since the Hokage arrived, the battle had pretty much stopped, the Juubi was restrained and couldn't do much, Madara was just sitting there, Obito was in another dimension, the Hokage had to keep the barrier up, team 7, 8 and 10 weren't doing much damage anyway...you see? Both sides were pretty much frozen, none gaining over the other now Obito's side has gained the advantage, which will force the Shinobi alliance to fing a way to counterattack.

We knew (or atleast most of us did) that with the revival of the Juubi, the level of the battle would have to reach Rikudou Sennin level at some point, this is simply a way of saying ''it's happening now'' by having Hashirama admit that it's now beyond him.

from my previous text , my goal was to hint on the quality to set up a proper final villain in a long running series, when and how to show that he has become the ultimate villain on manga, proper way and timing to SHOW that one has become strongest , how the backstory should have set and how the plot hole has been created several times ....
and overall how it rates as a well build manga literature now as the recent way of unfolding of events have been shown in a specific way...and does it do justice to naruto manga....being a fan also demands criticizing the work otherwise its just eating everything thats thrown without thinking.sometimes it may be necessary to judge manhgaka's faulty way of showing facts otherwise one might choose to not see the faults.

thanks for your explanation.
headless_nickJul 10, 2013 9:12 PM
Jul 10, 2013 7:39 PM
Jul 2013
Obito being more powerful than the first hokage is absolutely crazy
Jul 10, 2013 9:00 PM

Dec 2010
TheFallenGuard said:

it should not be crazy but seems crazy beacuse its not established in a proper way .ONLY ONE SUDDEN PANEL does not just convey the messege.
headless_nickJul 10, 2013 9:51 PM
Jul 10, 2013 10:32 PM

Jul 2007
headless_nick said:
TheFallenGuard said:

it should not be crazy but seems crazy beacuse its not established in a proper way .ONLY ONE SUDDEN PANEL does not just convey the messege.

Their is still the possibility that they could be clone's from that one panel, it was not evident that was actually the "real" hashirama, you remember that he did have clones around the battlefield.

Also damnit i want to see his amazing jutsu in the present time, the "Sage Art: Wood Release: True Several Thousand Hands"

Jul 10, 2013 11:35 PM
Jun 2012
headless_nick said:
Aloxamax said:
headless_nick said:

from my previous text , my goal was to hint on the quality to set up a proper final villain in a long running series, when and how to show that he has become the ultimate villain on manga, proper way and timing to SHOW that one has become strongest , how the backstory should have set and how the plot hole has been created several times ....
and overall how it rates as a well build manga literature now as the recent way of unfolding of events have been shown in a specific way...and does it do justice to naruto manga....being a fan also demands criticizing the work otherwise its just eating everything thats thrown without thinking.sometimes it may be necessary to judge manhgaka's faulty way of showing facts otherwise one might choose to not see the faults.

thanks for your explanation.

Okay, I know you guys have had enough discussion of this but just hear me out.

@headless_nick - About Obito being the strongest right now, I can justify that. A Tailed-Beast on its own is quite vulnerable to others attacks. We've seen from the story on how Madara had controlled and used Kurama (Kyuubi) in his fight against Hashirama. You could have seen by now how the Edo-Hokages and Shinobi Alliance were able to contain the Juubi up until now and suppress its powers. But when a Tailed-Beast has its own Jinchuuriki, it is quite tough for someone to get to the Tailed-Beast since a Jinchuuriki can guide the Tailed-Beast and its powers.
We can see this from how Deidara was able to get the Sanbi pretty easily but had his hands full against Naruto. And same was the case with Kisame when he battled Roshi (Jinchuuriki of Four-Tails/Son Goku).
You can see that Tailed-Beasts without a Jinchuuriki are just beasts with insane levels of powers with no one to guide them. Same way was with the Juubi. He was just rampaging around until Hashirama restricted his movements. When Obito became the Juubi's Jinchuuriki, he could guide its powers as he wished. This clearly makes him the strongest guy on the battlefield. But instead of controlling the Juubi, the Juubi is now in control of Obito since he's lost his sense of identity (we cannot say for sure that he's lost his sense of identity until the next chapter comes out). So it pretty much makes Obito (Juubito :P ) a massive threat to everyone. So he can guide the Juubi's insane level power as a Jinchuuriki but he as a Jinchuuriki is not in a stable state of mind. So he can clearly overpower BOTH Hashirama AND Madara. Obito is powerful than them both (combined). He's on the same level as that of Rikudou Sennin for god's sake! Madara having a trump card does not mean that he is powerful than Obito is. Madara's not even stronger than Hashirama is. He just has a slight advantage on his part which is unknown as of now.

Also, Obito never did wanted to be Juubi's Jinchuuriki in the first place in my opinion. Since we know from earlier chapter that Obito's desire is to only create the Dreamland where everything is 'perfect'. After his duel with Kakashi, he knew that he wasn't going to live on for long and also Madara was screwing him for good to have him revive himself. It was the 'last moments' I guess, that he decided that he'd become the Juubi's Jinchuuriki because if he dies at this point, everything he did all his life would have been totally pointless. If Obito was dead, how could he fulfill his Dreamland motive (having Rin and Kakashi back and living happily) So Kishi did the right thing by not killing off Obito, you see? ;)

Kishi isn't trolling right now. He's doing the things the right way so that everyone can find an "answer to peace". That is what everyone in the story is aiming for but their methods are different.
Sujay95Jul 10, 2013 11:43 PM
Jul 11, 2013 6:05 AM

May 2010
Honestly, I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Obito looks kinda like Kabuto now, and isn't he currently so much overpowered? He pwned two of hokage hard, I don't know what will happen now... Nakama power, making Obito good? Both options don't sound good, I hope for something more creative.
And where the hell is now Yamato?!
Well, waiting for the next one, I guess.
Jul 11, 2013 10:38 AM

May 2011
Wow... Obito. And Madara's still got a trump card? Oh man.
Jul 11, 2013 11:24 AM

Jun 2013
@Kitsu-nee, you're totally right.

Obito is gonna go on rampage in the next chapter, if you think logically. I mean, he doesn't even know that he is Obito. ;dd How much crazy must he be, to not even know his own name? :D
Jul 11, 2013 1:19 PM
Mar 2012
Actually, if anything he looks like Kid buu.
Jul 12, 2013 2:11 AM

May 2010
Just make sasuke the punching bag.

I hope the next few chapters are good, final volume has me skeptical.
Jul 13, 2013 4:15 AM

Jul 2010
A decent chapter in a while.

Peoples are so much distracted about the story that they can't get a simple point about Obito's change. It's not because of Rin. His mind switch just flipped that there is no way to live in this world without war and conflict. So let's create an illusion world where everyone is happy. That's all. Didn't you ever see someone changing mind about something? People change minds, hearts, opinions everyday in real life and they become so obstinate with them. That's the reason we have so many hot discussions and crazy fans and anti-fans on every forum. It's not something difficult to understand. He didn't became emo because of a little girl. He simply changed his opinion about the world and he don't care anymore until he get his dream come true. An illusion world.
Jul 13, 2013 6:31 AM

Oct 2012
A shitty chapter like the last 100 or so lol.
Jul 13, 2013 5:51 PM

Jul 2007
MaxY- said:

Then stop reading naruto and quit bitching.

Han-yuu said:

Peoples are so much distracted about the story that they can't get a simple point about Obito's change. It's not because of Rin. His mind switch just flipped that there is no way to live in this world without war and conflict. So let's create an illusion world where everyone is happy. That's all. Didn't you ever see someone changing mind about something? People change minds, hearts, opinions everyday in real life and they become so obstinate with them. That's the reason we have so many hot discussions and crazy fans and anti-fans on every forum. It's not something difficult to understand. He didn't became emo because of a little girl. He simply changed his opinion about the world and he don't care anymore until he get his dream come true. An illusion world.

But why the hell would some one dramatically change like that and come up with a decision to suddenly change the world, yeah sure he didn't like the shinobi way of life and how people die in war and all that. I understand that, but isn't he doing the same thing only on a much higher level. Creating wars, destroying villages. For some one that does not like evil, war or genocide, he literally created it. Its contradictory. Rins death is what spurred his motivation and ambition towards this goal. So yeah i don't get it, its not as simple as just something changing their ideals and wants a world free of war, no sane person would not create so much death in his wake in order to realize that dream.

So yeah i think its ridiculous and i understand how everyone has so much hate towards it, but i personally am hoping that their is another more evil intention behind it, some one manipulating him or something.

Tobi clearly was never obito in the old days, it makes no sense, they have very diff personalities.

Jul 13, 2013 6:21 PM

Jul 2010
ArtemisX said:
Han-yuu said:

But why the hell would some one dramatically change like that and come up with a decision to suddenly change the world, yeah sure he didn't like the shinobi way of life and how people die in war and all that. I understand that, but isn't he doing the same thing only on a much higher level. Creating wars, destroying villages. For some one that does not like evil, war or genocide, he literally created it. Its contradictory. Rins death is what spurred his motivation and ambition towards this goal. So yeah i don't get it, its not as simple as just something changing their ideals and wants a world free of war, no sane person would not create so much death in his wake in order to realize that dream.

So yeah i think its ridiculous and i understand how everyone has so much hate towards it, but i personally am hoping that their is another more evil intention behind it, some one manipulating him or something.

Tobi clearly was never obito in the old days, it makes no sense, they have very diff personalities.

Even though it's about 39 weeks (more than half year) since tobi revealed as Obito but it's not even one night in the manga timeline. So yeah. If Tobi is Obito then he did have the same personality. Those speeches in front of Naruto were really bad but that's all. He's still following the same plan with same powers.

Someone pulling strings from behind won't make any sense at this point and if suddenly Tobi become someone else then it would be the biggest troll in the manga.

Dramatically change can happen with just a single good speech. again, i would ask, haven't you seen someone changing in real life. Because i did. Not only in real life but on the internet as well. And if we talk about fiction world then a chapter or single scene can turn you off and you won't able to enjoy it no matter how hard you try. That's my personal experience as well. A change can happen in a second if your mind and heart accept something. And what Obito seen was a death by the hands of his best friend. Then he learned the truth about what happened and why kakashi did it. So he came to a simple conclusion, which is "dream world" for everyone. Now if you check some earlier chapters again then Madara was already pulling the strings and trying to get him on the track. The people he killed or killing in this war can be revived in that dream world. So he's like playing a video game. Where he don't care how many character die because he can revive them later.
Jul 13, 2013 6:42 PM
Jun 2012
Han-yuu said:
ArtemisX said:
Han-yuu said:

Even though it's about 39 weeks (more than half year) since tobi revealed as Obito but it's not even one night in the manga timeline. So yeah. If Tobi is Obito then he did have the same personality. Those speeches in front of Naruto were really bad but that's all. He's still following the same plan with same powers.

Someone pulling strings from behind won't make any sense at this point and if suddenly Tobi become someone else then it would be the biggest troll in the manga.

Dramatically change can happen with just a single good speech. again, i would ask, haven't you seen someone changing in real life. Because i did. Not only in real life but on the internet as well. And if we talk about fiction world then a chapter or single scene can turn you off and you won't able to enjoy it no matter how hard you try. That's my personal experience as well. A change can happen in a second if your mind and heart accept something. And what Obito seen was a death by the hands of his best friend. Then he learned the truth about what happened and why kakashi did it. So he came to a simple conclusion, which is "dream world" for everyone. Now if you check some earlier chapters again then Madara was already pulling the strings and trying to get him on the track. The people he killed or killing in this war can be revived in that dream world. So he's like playing a video game. Where he don't care how many character die because he can revive them later.

That is the explanation I seek and try to give when people bitch about how Naruto went downhill after Pain arc. But I never really could get it through to them. You couldn't have explained any better.
Plus, you helped me understand it even better. Thanks man.

@ArtemisX - Well, Obito isn't that bad of a character as you've been believing. If he died, all this war would be pointless. The "dream world" was hi desire and if he died nothing would have made any sense. Read my previous post. :)
Jul 14, 2013 11:43 PM
Jul 2013
The fact is that a LOT of fans do not think that Obito's character was well-developed, and that speaks for itself. If a character has been well-developed, with logical motivations and backstory, then there shouldn't be this much dissent in the fan base. A well-written character will naturally be liked and accepted by most fans.

Instead, Obito has come across as an annoying emo character that has started a war and plans to turn the world into dreamland, all over the death of a 13 year old girl. The fact that this is how many readers PERCEIVE Obito is a failure on Kishi's part to clearly portray Obito's motivations .
Jul 15, 2013 2:44 PM

Jul 2007
Sujay95 said:
Han-yuu said:
ArtemisX said:
Han-yuu said:

That is the explanation I seek and try to give when people bitch about how Naruto went downhill after Pain arc. But I never really could get it through to them. You couldn't have explained any better.

@ArtemisX - Well, Obito isn't that bad of a character as you've been believing. If he died, all this war would be pointless. The "dream world" was hi desire and if he died nothing would have made any sense. Read my previous post. :)

Ok first of all, im not bitching, im not sure if you directed that to me or everyone else. But i my self actually enjoy the story and the direction its taking, i like the characters, the unpredictable twists and everything that has gone in the war, lots of surprises.

I am not like this guy:

MaxY- said:

No i enjoy naruto, if you look closely into my comment and discussions, im actually trying to defend obito as a character, trying to perceive exactly what is happening with him, his true ideals and ambition for his ideal dream world and i don't believe that everything has been told in stone.

You also misinterpreted what i was trying to say, i did not mean the present tobi to the present obito, i meant the "old obito" compared to the present tobi. Clearly different personalities obviously. Then when we start to see tobi unmasked, he starts showing his true personality from the old days.

That is just my opinion. I think kishi is hiding something from us in regards to how obito changed and has been manipulated by madara, that brings back my discussions bout zetsu, very little was even mentioned bout zetsu accept the fact that he took over obito's body and gave him power to combat the nine tails, etc.

Also i do not think that obito has some other identity, his identity has been revealed, i acknowledge that for sure.

I just think that something else is not being told bout the present obito and the connection with zetsu and it might also have something to do with the reasoning behind obito's dramatic change or rins death, again im just speculating. I just have a hunch though that everything has not been told and usually i am right bout these things, as i was when i foretold that everything was not just bout "jealousy" in kakashi or the "power of love" as everyone put it in killing rin. Which everyone complained bout and nearly dropped the manga just by judging to quickly. Or the fact that kakashi was a genjutsu being shown by madara or zetsu. The truth finally came out as it was later told that rin was a jinchurki and a spy and had to be killed as part of a mission but this part was revealed until much later. Not many people saw that coming.

We have not seen black zetsu in a while to so that kind of arouses my suspicions unless he is a part of obito which might further elaborate his reasons for being so full of evil incarnate, like being controlled like a puppet and madara may know this all along, guess will just have to see before, what this "trump card" is. I am just really theorizing is all, not bitching or complaining.
ArtimesGamerJul 15, 2013 2:56 PM

Jul 17, 2013 1:35 PM
Jun 2012
ArtemisX said:
Sujay95 said:
Han-yuu said:
ArtemisX said:
Han-yuu said:

Ok first of all, im not bitching, im not sure if you directed that to me or everyone else. But i my self actually enjoy the story and the direction its taking, i like the characters, the unpredictable twists and everything that has gone in the war, lots of surprises.

I am not like this guy:

MaxY- said:

No i enjoy naruto, if you look closely into my comment and discussions, im actually trying to defend obito as a character, trying to perceive exactly what is happening with him, his true ideals and ambition for his ideal dream world and i don't believe that everything has been told in stone.

You also misinterpreted what i was trying to say, i did not mean the present tobi to the present obito, i meant the "old obito" compared to the present tobi. Clearly different personalities obviously. Then when we start to see tobi unmasked, he starts showing his true personality from the old days.

That is just my opinion. I think kishi is hiding something from us in regards to how obito changed and has been manipulated by madara, that brings back my discussions bout zetsu, very little was even mentioned bout zetsu accept the fact that he took over obito's body and gave him power to combat the nine tails, etc.

Also i do not think that obito has some other identity, his identity has been revealed, i acknowledge that for sure.

I just think that something else is not being told bout the present obito and the connection with zetsu and it might also have something to do with the reasoning behind obito's dramatic change or rins death, again im just speculating. I just have a hunch though that everything has not been told and usually i am right bout these things, as i was when i foretold that everything was not just bout "jealousy" in kakashi or the "power of love" as everyone put it in killing rin. Which everyone complained bout and nearly dropped the manga just by judging to quickly. Or the fact that kakashi was a genjutsu being shown by madara or zetsu. The truth finally came out as it was later told that rin was a jinchurki and a spy and had to be killed as part of a mission but this part was revealed until much later. Not many people saw that coming.

We have not seen black zetsu in a while to so that kind of arouses my suspicions unless he is a part of obito which might further elaborate his reasons for being so full of evil incarnate, like being controlled like a puppet and madara may know this all along, guess will just have to see before, what this "trump card" is. I am just really theorizing is all, not bitching or complaining.

Sorry, I think I got carried away and misinterpreted your opinion. :3
The real Zetsu (Black & White) was killed by Sasuke. So who knows.
Madara's trumph card does not intrigue me at this point as much as Orochimaru will on his return. :evilgrin: Mwahahahaha!
Jul 23, 2013 6:42 AM

May 2012
Kill 'em all, tobiobito.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 25, 2013 7:16 PM

Sep 2011
I like where this is going.
Sep 22, 2013 5:27 AM

Jul 2009
It seems like the Juubi has control over Obito rather than the other way around which is what I suspected would happen. He's just a mindless killing machine now.
Oct 10, 2013 12:39 AM

Jun 2011
Oh the cycle,

Strong foes > Give friends more power up > Stronger foes > Ass pull power up for friends > Even stronger foes > Give more ass pull power up for friends.

Oh that freakin cycle. This is why this war is bad, because of so many shitty random power up in the freakin war. One Piece war was awesome, because there is no shitty power up during the war.

Naruto has been shit ever since the revival of 4 hokages, way too many out of no where shitty ass pull. They're already god tier, yet they're surpassing god tier and created someone that's stronger than Hashirama who was stronger than Madara who could solo 5 kages. Shitty writing. I feel bad for saying that Kishi can write a few chapters discussion back then, he can't freakin write.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 10, 2018 5:08 AM

Feb 2013
Nobody can stop him now.
Apr 25, 2021 8:38 PM

Jan 2020
holy crap. Jubito has one of the best designs I've ever watched

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.