Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2013 8:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Childhood memories are so valuable sometimes. Oh and hi cliffhanger again.
Jun 29, 2013 9:49 AM
Jun 2013
The episode was wonderful, but I wish we could see more action stuff and battles from the girls. They're wonderful warriors. Also, I'll be very surprised if they defeat the great Lucasite in the next ep and Levi's brother appears all of a sudden out of nowhere. Somehow I still have hope these 13 eps are just season one and we'll have continuation in which Jorm and Bahamut also have the chance to get an evolution forms. :D And of course, I still wanted to see more dragon masters. ^^
Jun 29, 2013 11:56 AM

Apr 2010
Seeing how the story is going it seems they are aiming for a second season the question is how long will it take for a second season to air if it will air at all.
The episode was ok i have to say the focus on Bahamuts family situation did give it a little extra.
And i am wondering about the background now since Jormungandr is a orphan as well and Leviathan has only talked about her brother.
This makes me wonder what about their parent's we only know that Bahamut's mother mystically appeared at that house but where did she came from?
Jun 29, 2013 12:14 PM

Nov 2007
Aversa said:
Seeing how the story is going it seems they are aiming for a second season the question is how long will it take for a second season to air if it will air at all.

I haven't watched this episode yet... but if they are going to do a 2nd season, then this might as well have been a "split 2-cour" anime... Some split 2-cour anime have had just one season gap between the 1st and 2nd seasons.

If it isn't a planned split 2-cour, then it has a really low chance of getting a 2nd season as the predicted (0.6k) BD/DVD sales are very low. It'd only have a chance if the prediction is a underestimate and it sells 4/5k+ average, the sales of the mobile game got a big boost from the anime or if there are really good merchandise sales, to name a few.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jun 29, 2013 1:04 PM
Jun 2013
Luca and those mysterious boys think the 3 girls are the chosen ones. Luca says he's yet to see if that's true. Levi's brother tells her there are even more monsters endangering their home planet. And now this enormous Lucasite appears.
I want to believe the battle with it in the next and supposed to be final ep is just to confirm they're the chosen ones, even though we don't know for what. The story development so far seems quite unfinished. I really think it'll be logical that a second season will follow...although we don't have an official confirmation yet.
Jun 29, 2013 1:29 PM

May 2013
I feel bad for Bahamut :(
Jun 29, 2013 1:50 PM

May 2012
Ejc said:
Aversa said:

I haven't watched this episode yet... but if they are going to do a 2nd season, then this might as well have been a "split 2-cour" anime... Some split 2-cour anime have had just one season gap between the 1st and 2nd seasons.

If it isn't a planned split 2-cour, then it has a really low chance of getting a 2nd season as the predicted (0.6k) BD/DVD sales are very low. It'd only have a chance if the prediction is a underestimate and it sells 4/5k+ average, the sales of the mobile game got a big boost from the anime or if there are really good merchandise sales, to name a few.

STupid otaku! Get to buying this! This is easily one of the best of the season! It deserves more T_T

Also, yeah, it's really setting up for anotehr season. Seems the first season has been all about forming the defense force, while the second season will probably be more about taking care of the actual problem. I wonder how Bahamut will look evolved?
Jun 29, 2013 2:09 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
At this point, I'll be very disappointed if they tried to 'end' with the next episode. It wouldn't feel right.

At first when Bahamut found out her father was not her biological father I thought she was throwing a tantrum, but it turned out she was realizing she had been acting like a spoiled brat just cause she thought it was her birthright. Kind of a complicated reaction, really. She may be the weakest of the three, but in a lot of ways I think she is the most developed character.
Jun 29, 2013 4:06 PM

Sep 2012
Like you said, I was thinking that Bahamut was in the " He's not my father so I cry" phase, but it seems like she was far ahead this point in her retrospection.

Hoping this is going to get a second season seems the 13th episode might be a full battle one, but it'll be difficult.
Jun 29, 2013 4:36 PM

Oct 2011
I hope for a second season. Since they haven't gotten rid of the Lucasite and it's source. The mystery behind Levitan's brother and why they are the chosen ones.

I hope they don't make us buy the game in order to finish this series.
Jun 29, 2013 6:45 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Well keep in mind this series is a promotion for the game. Season 2 might or might not happen because it has essentially served its purpose... which is to promote the game.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 30, 2013 1:36 AM
Jun 2013
wakka9ca said:
Well keep in mind this series is a promotion for the game. Season 2 might or might not happen because it has essentially served its purpose... which is to promote the game.

The YGO series are also aiming to promote the TCG, but every series has a complete story-line. So far these 13 episodes don't lead to a clear conclusion where all essential questions and mysteries have been answered. I just think the writers should know that.
But we'll see of course.
Jun 30, 2013 6:42 PM

Jan 2013
Well it's all right if this anime was made just to promote some game. Can't expect greatness
Jun 30, 2013 11:28 PM

Sep 2012
I can fully understand why so many feel the series will have a second season. There are so many new elements that only make appearance in this supposedly second last episode: A bunch of boy characters, people serving Bahamut's father like Wyvern, formation of the Defense Team, sudden disclosure of Bahamut father not being her biological father, Leviathan's brother asking his sister to leave the village to defend the Earth.... It almost looks like the series is one whole long introduction about how the Defense Team is formed and go on an epic adventure around the globe to fight all kinds of evil beings.. And then there is the question of how to resolve all the questions in the last episode: So who are those boys? Where is Leviathen's brother? What is the root of the bad creatures after all? Does all the mysterious uttering at the beginning of each episode hints at something deeper?

Anyway, one last comment: Bahamut's mother looks really beautiful.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 1, 2013 1:53 AM

Jan 2011
All the females in this world are really beautiful--the men look more mundane. It's been a very pleasant show and I would certainly happily watch a second season--nothing fantastic, but solid character designs and a good OST go a long way.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 4, 2013 1:53 AM

Mar 2010
Really enjoying it so i hope a 2nd season follows

Love the art and the relaxed vibe it gives ..
Not too slow not too fast either
Jul 10, 2013 12:16 AM

Apr 2009
Bahamut is adopted. Why am I not surprised... well, I don't know about the "spitting image of her mother" part (Rudra is certainly beautiful, but her cute daughter is def. not a carbon copy of her), but I agree that she is still his irreplaceable daughter, even if not his biological child.

Anyway, looks like the RPG-esque adventure part was the best part of the show. Now that they're back chilling in town while waiting for the apocalypse the episode isn't quite as fun as others were in the past.

Next: The Final Boss comes to town. A lot of loose ends still need to be tied up in the finale if it were all to end here... Leviathan's brother; Bahamut's origin; the dragon lord summons; the mysterious little boys; the lucasites elsewhere in the world; etc. I doubt resolution of all this is possible with only one episode left.

Also just realized this was based off an actual mobile game... that explains the rather weak story and strong game-like feel of the anime.
Jul 13, 2013 12:50 PM

Apr 2013
Wait,.... so is Episode 13 the last episode??? I hope there is a second season.. And it just seems to be the start of their adventures.
Jul 16, 2013 3:20 PM

Jun 2012
Well yeah, I don't know if Leviathan will find her brother in one episode, so I guess this nearly is it.

May 20, 2014 10:17 AM

Jun 2011
I lol'd @ the "my father is not my real father." cliche. Me too, I can't see everything getting warped up in one episode.. let's hope it could proves me wrong because so far there hasn't been a sequel announcement.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 19, 2016 7:10 PM

Nov 2013
Rage Row not being Bahamut's real father was surprising.

Just now established, the Aquafall Defence Force already breaks away.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 14, 2021 8:05 AM

Feb 2020
This was a pretty emotional episode. Bahamut found out her father was not her biological father.

SerafosDec 8, 2023 11:49 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zettai Bouei Leviathan Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

51 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 22, 2023 8:19 PM

Poll: » Zettai Bouei Leviathan Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

27 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 22, 2023 8:01 PM

Poll: » Zettai Bouei Leviathan Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

30 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:57 PM

Poll: » Zettai Bouei Leviathan Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

20 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:52 PM

Poll: » Zettai Bouei Leviathan Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

25 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.