Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
RomeoxJuliet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2007 3:45 PM
Sep 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
In some mild way I finally feel a sting of pity for Montague, just a bit, but his ending was definitely heart-breaking. I kept having shocks during this episode, having to cover my mouth in surprise. It's hard to wait for the next episode after something as dramatic as this, but things came together nicely.

The only problem remaining is Escalus, hopefully there's a way around that. I mean, by this point I wanted a happy ending despite the fact they are star-crossed lovers. If it's Capulet blood they want... maybe Tybalt can sacrifice himself? (I know... I'm mean. T_T)
Oct 17, 2007 3:48 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yep, I think so too. Also Juliet looked pretty good in her knight armor. Looking forward to how this will turn out.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 18, 2007 4:58 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah the episode was pretty good and interesting. Gotta be a good ending since there's 2 episode left and they have 2 episode to explain the Escalus thingy. Wont be season2 for sure.
Oct 18, 2007 2:39 PM
Jun 2007
I am also feeling some pity for Montague... poor hime...
That was a thrilling episode ^_^
Oct 19, 2007 2:32 AM

Jul 2007
It was really nice to see Tybalt back again, he brings so much intensity to the mix.
Oct 19, 2007 2:50 AM

Jul 2007
No amount of anythnig can make up for the fact the Gonzo turned Mercutio into a little bitch.

Sam is my sweet peach
Oct 19, 2007 6:11 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
There's another subbed ep 22 out there with a nicer typeset and a better font size out there, in fact it looks like Umai's. No karaoke but definitely nicer to watch than [Shakespeare]'s sub.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 19, 2007 2:04 PM

Oct 2007
i have to agree with the fact that it was really sad how they totallly butchered mercutio's character. He was honestly my favorite character in the original play. But then again, this anime is sooo much different than the original play i dont know if it's right to make a comparaison. haha.

i felt really bad for montague when he died :( and was tybalt tearing up when juliet was explaining the escalus thing?!!! poor tybalt.

i really want to understand what's happening with this escalus thing, and i really can't wait for the next two episodes to be subtitled!!!!
Nov 1, 2007 2:10 AM

Oct 2007
its was nice episode,but the thing with juliet really confusing me.-_-'
Nov 10, 2007 8:58 PM

Jan 2007
I don't like how Montague suddenly shifted from being a power-crazed bad guy (cliche but it works) to a whiny cry baby (lame lame LAME). I was hoping he would go down swinging. Oh well. This series clearly has an agenda to push.

And now, with all the importance placed on Escalus, the part at the end ("is this really a love that will never bear fruit?") seems like a pretty bad tree pun.
Feb 22, 2008 7:23 AM

Apr 2007
After an unbelievably long hiatus, I've now only just started to watch the last episodes. I'm such an idiot. XP

It was alright, i can still sorta remember what was going on in the series, i would have proffered a more bloody revenge death for montague thou. oh wellz.

Off to next episode~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2009 8:55 PM

Feb 2008
I thought Juliet first trying to kill Montague, then simply asking him to step down and never show his face again, and then cradling his dead body was stupid. This man killled your family, numerous innocents, and nearly you; is it really human nature to cradle his dead body like he was a loved one? I can understand not spitting on it or stabbing it, but hugging him? It just looked foolish to me.

Well, I'm interested to see how this tree thing will go; let's see!
Sep 13, 2009 9:30 PM

Aug 2009
Mercutio, of all the people, being the one to kill MontaguAss was really unexpected. Damn..he's as good as dead though. Mercutio i mean.

Sigh, what's with the escalus stuff now. Who's gonna die, i wonder.
Oct 3, 2009 2:25 PM

Apr 2008
Best way to improve this show, cut out all of the escalus crap and end it right here. I've always felt escalus was an unnecessary piece of the plot and the prospect of the last two episodes being dedicated to this part of the plot is rather depressing.
Oct 24, 2009 4:47 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah, I didn't expect Mercutio to come up with that solution. I was kind of excited when I saw Tybalt and Mercutio in the same relative area, but then... it ended up not playing out like it did in the play anyway.

Juliet's wayyy too kind, or at least over-sympathetic. I didn't think there was any way for any normal person to confront someone who's killed so many innocent people and who's done all sorts of despicable things and just go... "Please leave and never come back, plzkthx." ._.
Apr 17, 2010 5:07 PM

Aug 2008
Certainly has gotten better.
Jun 1, 2010 2:34 PM

Aug 2007
Mercutio finally went crazy. I've been waiting for that this whole series. He could have been so much more if they'd just let him be a fool or something like in the play. I still want Tybalt to kill him...

Juliet holding Montague was way too overdramatic and a bit unrealistic. There is being strong and then there's being unbelievably saint-like, which is what she has become. I just can't buy it. Also, are we supposed to feel bad for Montague or something? lol whatever.
Sep 16, 2010 3:02 PM
Jul 2010
Quanta said:
Best way to improve this show, cut out all of the escalus crap and end it right here. I've always felt escalus was an unnecessary piece of the plot and the prospect of the last two episodes being dedicated to this part of the plot is rather depressing.

Agreed. I've found Escalus annoying since the first time it was introduced and watching it become such an important plot element is being even worse. But otherwise, I really loved this episode.

bwahahachick said:
Juliet holding Montague was way too overdramatic and a bit unrealistic. There is being strong and then there's being unbelievably saint-like, which is what she has become. I just can't buy it. Also, are we supposed to feel bad for Montague or something? lol whatever.

Yeah, I liked that she just told him to leave and never show his face again. She didn't want to sink as low as he did. But when I saw her cradling his dead body... That's just going too far. I mean, he killed her family and he has done such horrible things... How could she act like that?

Oh, and I loved Tybalt saying: "You're not even worth killing." And the expression on his face = pure win. I don't mind that deviation from the play. I do mind what they did with Mercutio but whatever...
Apr 15, 2012 6:12 AM

Jul 2011
really crazy mercutio kills the king a stupid ending this just went from a 10 to a 5
May 13, 2012 10:00 AM

Feb 2012
I think the cradling of the body is understandable. He fell right on top of her so there wasn’t much she could do. Also he was still alive is it was a kind thing to do and you can talk to him as well.

It may be just me, but I really dislike the democratic agenda this anime pushes, “Neo Verona belongs to the citizens.” While I’m a firm believer in democracy, Neo Verona does not have the infrastructure nor the intellectual understanding to make an effective democracy. The major democracies of the west took centuries of work to develop. That is also one of the reasons it is hard to promote democracy in less developed regions of the world.
Jul 22, 2012 9:41 PM

Sep 2011
Was sort of hoping for some sort of epic battle.
Jun 20, 2013 12:17 PM

Sep 2011
TheWestExit said:
No amount of anythnig can make up for the fact the Gonzo turned Mercutio into a little bitch.

:D and then made him go insane. wft
Oct 26, 2013 6:52 AM

Jul 2013
WTF did Gonzo do to Mercutio? What an awful 'war'. It was a bunch of hippie flower power crap. If Tybalt wasn't in it with his muscly arms I don't know what I'd do.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Feb 7, 2014 5:31 PM

May 2012
Finally he's dead! I wonder what Romeo and Juliet will do next though!
Jun 24, 2014 11:07 AM

Dec 2013
Hes finally dead, but what did he wanted to say?
May 9, 2017 2:30 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, I did not see that coming, and everyone else wants Montague dead and then Mercutio does it and it's like "wtf did you do?" and I'm like Romeo and Tybalt both went there to kill him and seemingly forgot so what difference does it make who did it. But Juliet just wanted him banished.

I still don't get where Mercutio even came from, he went super crazy, bless. He was kinda hot crazy though lol.

I also enjoyed seeing Tybalt and his muscly arms lol!
Nov 10, 2017 2:04 PM

Nov 2016
Montague was killed and that by Mercutio of all people.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 15, 2018 11:10 AM

May 2013
Mercutio is cray cray now lulz. Welp, Montague bred a monster, sooooooo. No complaints allowed from you, Mister :P

What a shame he couldn't love.
Also, if everyone fears you, how can you expect to be loved? Silly man.
Aug 5, 2020 4:27 AM

Feb 2017
A solid ending for a tyrant such as Montague (though perhaps a tad too anticlimactic for my tastes). I hope there’s a bit more to Mercutio’s storyline than just ‘he goes insane’ though. I want more from Tybalt as well, since I’m not really sure what his purpose to the story is in this version. (Also Hermione, for that matter.)

Not really sure where these next two episodes are headed; I imagine Escalus won’t be as straightforward/underdeveloped by the end, though I’m still not that enthralled by the concept yet.
Dec 22, 2020 11:51 AM

Dec 2012
While I don't feel bad for Leontes's demise, I do pity what he had become. Afraid of love, he instead sought to replace it with fear and that emotion is ironically what leads Mercutio to killing the prince. As for why Juliet intended to spare Leontes, I think it has less to do with mercy and more to do with understanding that his role was over. It reminds me a bit of a quote from The Lord of the Rings,

"Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."
Apr 2, 2022 8:18 PM
Mar 2019
Juliet confronts the Duke but drops the Sword instead of fighting.
I knew she would end this by never killing anyone.
The Duke is Killed anyhow by his new Son.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

konakona - Nov 5, 2007

130 by bizor »»
Jun 24, 2023 9:39 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - May 22, 2007

56 by SakuraTetis »»
Apr 27, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanashimi - Apr 12, 2007

57 by x1drownd »»
Apr 10, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 9 Discussion

Kanashimi - Jun 8, 2007

29 by Evan_Gorgon »»
Feb 25, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 6 Discussion

MasterChief - May 13, 2007

39 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 5, 2022 10:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.