Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 22, 2013 6:51 PM

Jan 2013
SO EPIC AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Jun 22, 2013 6:52 PM
Mar 2013
hope there will be at least some action in the next episode it lacks too much of it lately.. anyway good episode
Jun 22, 2013 6:56 PM

Sep 2012
Gal3riel said:
hope there will be at least some action in the next episode it lacks too much of it lately.. anyway good episode

You mean plot development. There was a substantial amount of nape cutting and jumping in this episode. I think people just want Eren to move the boulder. I just didn't like the idea of cutting off Eren's speech at the end of this episode.
Jun 22, 2013 7:01 PM

Mar 2012
58% 5/5 rating,
If that is not evidence of people getting annoyed by the slow pacing, I don't know what it.
There are some great moment, but the plot is seriously getting drag out One Piece style.
That 1 -2 minute recap in beginning... major time fillers
The animation still didn't recovered. I guess they are running how low on budget for this Arch.
It is still good to watch, 4/5, but the difference is day and night compare to earlier episodes.
If next episode don't deliver, I might have to change my rating from 9/10 to 8/10
Jun 22, 2013 7:03 PM

May 2013
Attack on Titan music is too good, it's line inception.
Jun 22, 2013 7:05 PM

Feb 2013
i dont get it why people is bitching about the pace of this ep, i think its really good, and that filler scene is awesome! now i have to wait for next ep to see corporal levi >_<

i think the anime willl end in female type titan or i maybe wrong...
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone
Jun 22, 2013 7:11 PM

Dec 2012
I don't mind the pacing, in fact I like how it's been building up, but I think the thing that's getting to me is one episode per week. I'm sure people would be saying much different things if they could marathon the entire series in a day instead of waiting 6 months.
Jun 22, 2013 7:34 PM
Jun 2008
That Eren Titan doesn't move much from last episode until now. xD
I guess it does not really matter since I having a good time watching it.
Jun 22, 2013 7:37 PM

Feb 2012
Damnit it had to end there T_T
Jun 22, 2013 7:43 PM

Apr 2012
did naruto Eren learn how to control the Kyuubi Titan?

Jun 22, 2013 7:45 PM

Jan 2009
they are dragging the story so much grrrrrr
Jun 22, 2013 7:46 PM

Aug 2011
This episode was a great build up to the next episode that will wrap up the arc before the episode 14 recap. Also by then we will have the OST blasting through our speakers and headphones all day long everywhere! So stoked!

As expected (and pretty obvious) Mikasa survives with just a tiny scratch to her skin. Her desire to protect Eren just can't be measured, and thankfully Ian understands that, though Rico doesn't exactly agree with him, but at least she knows he is right. Eren is the only person who can seal that hole, and its going to be really sweet to watch the next episode!

The Jean filler was good. I kinda expect its something for him due to a certain event later in the anime that will somehow foreshadow to his feelings and mind about people dying on his account. It will be interesting to see.

All that Mikasa action slaying Titans and Armin coming to talk sense in Eren was adapted really well, and the burning scene where Eren finally realizes what his purpose is, was a nice touch.

And not to forget the Mikasa blush. HHHNNNNGGG

BoyfriendFamily ~~~~

May 2013
IchigoHollowfi said:
dat Mikasa blush. kawaiiii <3

The best part of the episode *u*
Feb 2009
godammit needed more action :/
Jun 22, 2013 7:47 PM

Dec 2012
OKay from now on, I'm just gonna say Mikasa is the protagonist. Because all Eren has done so far is die, have some flashbacks and sit on his ass for 12 episodes.
Glad to see some action-filled scenes after a dry spell of just talking for a while there.

Also, Mikasa you need to have more emotions more often.

And shipping confirmed... just sayin...
Ijokethoughforrealdon'thurtme
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
Jun 22, 2013 7:51 PM

Jan 2013
Definitely better than the last 3 episodes. But still, DBZ.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 22, 2013 7:52 PM

Apr 2010
Zeally said:

No, but the entire SnK cast did announce that they want to be Hokage.
Jun 22, 2013 7:57 PM

Apr 2012
antonn said:
Zeally said:

No, but the entire SnK cast did announce that they want to be Hokage.

you heard them THEY GONNA DIE FOR THE VILLAGE mankind!

Jun 22, 2013 7:58 PM

Nov 2011
Mikasa should just forget that dumbass Eren and go for Jean. Jean is way more mature, level-headed and smart. More good looking too and he will definitely treat her right compared to Eren "I must kill the Titans, but Eren You are the Titans" bullshit. In fact, Jean would make a far superior main character compared to Eren and have Mikasa as his love interest. Also, I am not Jean...honest.
The Art of Eight
Jun 22, 2013 8:07 PM

Apr 2012
dankickyou said:
Mikasa should just forget that dumbass Eren and go for Jean. Jean is way more mature, level-headed and smart. More good looking too and he will definitely treat her right compared to Eren "I must kill the Titans, but Eren You are the Titans" bullshit. In fact, Jean would make a far superior main character compared to Eren and have Mikasa as his love interest. Also, I am not Jean...honest.

Don't say that all the fanboys will be all over your nuts for saying Eren is a crap mc. I pretty much stated that a few episodes back but everyone is LIKE NOOO YOUR OPINION IS STUPID derps

Jun 22, 2013 8:11 PM

May 2013
Great ep. The heichou arc has yet to appear but oh Eren got minor part in this ep. Armin is real friend and so freakin brave. Mikasa blushes lmao XD people know Eren is "boyfriend" for her lol.

What I dont understand is in Eren's house's scene. When he says he's sleepy? Is it like a flashback or what..? Somebody pls enlighten me;;
Jun 22, 2013 8:12 PM

Nov 2010
Zeally said:
dankickyou said:

Don't say that all the fanboys will be all over your nuts for saying Eren is a crap mc. I pretty much stated that a few episodes back but everyone is LIKE NOOO YOUR OPINION IS STUPID derps
But you do have a stupid opinion.

Sike, I don't even care
Jun 22, 2013 8:19 PM

Mar 2012
Not much really happened in this episode... just mainly Armin trying to get through to Eren.... so it felt a bit slow compared to the rest of the episodes 3.5/5
Jun 22, 2013 8:21 PM

Apr 2013
leeo268 said:
58% 5/5 rating, That 1 -2 minute recap in beginning... major time fillers
you realize this doesn't take any minutes from the total of 23 right?
Jun 22, 2013 8:21 PM
Oct 2010
So where did this episode actually end?
Jun 22, 2013 8:24 PM

Jul 2011
skudoops said:

Where it ends...
Jun 22, 2013 8:26 PM
Oct 2010
pralan said:
skudoops said:

Where it ends...

That was helpful.
Jun 22, 2013 8:28 PM

Sep 2012
skudoops said:
pralan said:
skudoops said:

Where it ends...

That was helpful.

Eren: I WAS BORN INTO THIS WORLD
Jun 22, 2013 8:28 PM

Jul 2011
skudoops said:
pralan said:
skudoops said:

Where it ends...

That was helpful.

Indeed my friend
Jun 22, 2013 8:48 PM
Dec 2012
I really hope this slow pace pays dividends and this anime goes on for a while longer than just 2 cour or w/e that shit is called.
Jun 22, 2013 8:53 PM

Jun 2011
Great Episode.. 5/5
Jun 22, 2013 9:01 PM

Jun 2013
GET THE FK UP EREN

Jun 22, 2013 9:11 PM

May 2012
If mikasa didnt blush Im gonna hate this Ep..

Jun 22, 2013 9:17 PM

Nov 2012
I only read like the first 4 pages of the discussion and already I see hate on others. I would just like to say Mikasa is my favorite and anybody who hates her, I am fine with. I won't use an attack on other characters to justify her betterness or flaws... Thats just me..

On to the episode:
In any case, the anime is adapting the manga well and even added scenes... I like where this is going, love the Mikasa blush and Eren's flashback on fire! Go humans (in this case). :D
Jun 22, 2013 9:18 PM

Jan 2013
Dark_Messiah said:
If mikasa didnt blush Im gonna hate this Ep..
Too bad my friend, she didn't blush...
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 22, 2013 9:22 PM

Jun 2008

Jun 22, 2013 9:25 PM
Apr 2012
this episode, is such a freakin tease ahahahahaha, gosh I really love it~ extra scenes are awesome too, i guess....
Jun 22, 2013 9:27 PM

Jun 2011
JustALEX said:

LMFAO xD
Jun 22, 2013 9:28 PM

Nov 2008
These manga readers being impatient are surely those people who only marathoned the manga.

Almost all chapters end with a freaking cliffhanger. You don't know how those people endure a monthly update of it and you guys can get your next chapter instantly.

I don't want to call any names but you know who you are.

The anime is also doing the same, always leaving a cliffhanger. In other words, the pace is just fine.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 22, 2013 9:31 PM

Feb 2012
[sarcasm]Woo! Nice to see a lot of things were accomplished this episode.[/sarcasm]
StardustCharismaJun 22, 2013 9:34 PM
Jun 22, 2013 9:34 PM

Jan 2013
JustALEX said:

Lol'd.

First it was "Hnnng", now it's "She is so moe".
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 22, 2013 9:38 PM

Jun 2013
Seems a little drawn out to carry a rock, last episode was a lot more epic. Still not a bad episode though. They're doing a good job of keeping it very close to the manga.
Jun 22, 2013 9:50 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode though a bit slow
Jun 22, 2013 9:54 PM

Feb 2013
Nothing much happened this episode once again. You know it's almost beginning to feel as if they are doing this battle in real time. Do you realize how long we've been fighting the Battle of Trost? We've been at it since the end of episode 4! That's right, we went through 5 years in 4 episodes, but the other 8? In story time, it's basically barely been a day!

Well, even though there was not much to do, once again drama and tensions were high as everyone fights to protect Eren who can't seem to control his Titan form. Mikasa tries to talk to him to no avail. The other soldiers deem the plan a failure and want to abandon Eren but Mikasa's having none of that. The look that girl gave could have cracked diamond.

The head leader decides that Eren is too important to the cause and decides they will protect him until they can get him out of the area. I was really glad someone was standing up for Eren despite what happened. It was his first time doing this consciously and there were bound to be kinks. Commander Pixie Dust agrees and just continues with the plan knowing that this is their only choice and their last chance to save Trost and possibly the rest of humanity.

Eren it seems does have a problem when he goes into Titan mode, he sort of goes into a semi-lucid state that's between wakefulness and dreams. When there, his body doesn't regenerate and the Titan body reacts on instinct. Eren dreams of being safe with his family and goes to sleep. But it's up to Armin to wake him up. He reminds Eren of his goals, of his vengeance, and of his duty. He reminds him what he is fighting for and it is only then that everything begins to come back to Eren, and with his family's looks of approval, he fully awaken in gorgeous scene of wind and flame.

And it's not a moment too soon as Jean, Connie, Annie, and many of the others are out there fighting for their lives. In only the span of a few minutes, many soldiers have already died and more Titans for some reason are coming to the gate. Mikasa asks the question as to why and if they are somehow attracted to Eren-Titan. That's an interesting question and one that I shall keep in mind for later plot development.

I wasn't too fond of the fact that they are trying to hint a relationship between Mikasa and Eren. To me they always seemed like brother and sister with Mikasa being the slightly older, extremely more protective one. Eren doesn't seem to see her as anything other than family and i doubt he ever will. The guy is completely focused on his goal, and I'd have to say that any romantic hints in this series should stay as "hints". It might be cute to have a little something between Jean and Mikasa, and perhaps Annie and Reiner, but that's the only people I see with possible chemistry. Yet, this is one of those shows that really don't need it.

Well, this was another episode with not much done, but still a lot of dramatic tension. We are left with another cliffhanger until next time which I bet will also end with one as well. I'm giving this episode a 8/10.

Hopefully next episode we will see Eren get up be a beacon of hope for the people once again.
Jun 22, 2013 10:02 PM

Oct 2012
So slow paced I guess?
Definitely it's not gonna finish just with 25 episodes if the pace like this... Oh well
Anyway I'm looking forward the fighting/action scenes :)
Also, I MISS COLOSSAL TITAN xD

Cabron said:
JustALEX said:

Lol'd.

First it was "Hnnng", now it's "She is so moe".

Dat Blush! Just give me a heart attack
Rayl1ghtJun 22, 2013 10:10 PM
"Signature removed"
Jun 22, 2013 10:04 PM
May 2011
hi, manga-reader-who-marathoned-all-the-chapter-after-watched-first-episode here
Maybe the pace a little bit slow, if anime coverage per chapter is what you use for measure the pace
but they put good effort for the filler scene, and it's nice to see some characters development
and I think we got some actions too and drama, wonder there are still many complains for the episode
Jun 22, 2013 10:10 PM

Feb 2013
Fillers fillers fillers >.< But at least there was some Mikasa action :)

Super epic when Eren realized he wanted to go to the outside world and the flames appeared that was cool :D
Jun 22, 2013 10:17 PM

Apr 2013
This episode ends with a cliffhanger yet again; it's like an itch on the back that can't be scratched. Near the end I was hoping that Eren would finally get up and move the boulder, but looks like that may be left aside for next episode. Along with that, it seems obligatory for Eren to pulverize some more titans too.

Jean is becoming one of my favorite characters in this show. He seems very obstinate, but also greatly cares about his comrades as well. I'm sure that he'll save himself from that approaching titan.
Jun 22, 2013 10:22 PM

Apr 2010
I'd rather have slow pace than rushed shit.

Good episode, not the best but the next one should be pretty cool.
Jun 22, 2013 10:25 PM

Nov 2012
The show's been a bit slow for me as well. But overall, good episode. Really looking forward to the next one.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1654 by AlocalAnimeFan »»
Yesterday, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1555 by flimmyjimmy »»
Yesterday, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.