Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 13, 2009 4:00 AM

Feb 2008
Gundam 00 keeps getting better and better.. This episode was really good especially the intermezzo between Ribbons&Ali meeting Setsuna and the following fight.

I’d say Setsuna and Tieria have really grown during this 2nd season.
Tieria is so much more likeable than in the 1st season; highlights for me ep3 (when covering Gundam 00 during prison break) and this episode when he finishes off Bring while saying he’s human and rejecting the innovators once more.
Setsuna has grown this season from the shadows of Lockon to become the wing commander of the gundam meisters. He even defeated Ali while being injured (even if he “transam-ed”). I hope he won’t die (nor Marina) since he’s on a path of self-redemption through (self)sacrifice it seems. Especially when we he’s gonna face Louise in a new mobile armor, knowing what she means to Saji and seeing how he spared Ali’s life.
Anyway can’t wait to see Soma&Allelujah in action; (for me) the best gundam team-up in the making. I also hope that not showing Sumeragi doesn’t mean her death is eminent, it be nice to see her survive. The same goes for Feldt considering her expression on her face during the OP.

Jan 13, 2009 1:51 PM

Nov 2006
marina? preventing setsuna from finally killing ali? well, fuck.

anew needs to die.

i'm upset that lyle smokes. :'(
Jan 13, 2009 5:07 PM

Feb 2008
Damnnit, I so wanted Ali dead, and of course Marina somehow makes him stop when hes about to kill him....
Jan 13, 2009 9:03 PM

Apr 2008
Ending was really emotional, but dang, why, oh why did they start singing... he wasn't able to kill him T_T
Jan 13, 2009 11:20 PM

Jun 2008
Oh right, Setsuna's piloting skillz are getting much better. And it's not just the Gundam Upgrade either. I was surprised at him being able to trash Ali's Gundam like that, esp while injured. And it seems that Ali underestimated him too =D

Tieria's getting better as well, instead of shooting randomly, he played smart =D

Alle though... he still seems to be flying around randomly.. Then again, he gets like 3 seconds of action per ep, and max of 4 lines. Seriously, he's wallpaper now... and totally 1-D.. He got that one ep devoted to him and got thrown into the background. Waiting for the return of Halle and Gun Archer (seriously, they had that thing for like 3 or 4 eps, and it's still not ready?!) to save his character...

Frito said:
man i just realized that seraphim gundam and seravee are two machines with one pilot. therefore opening up the possibility of having another pilot ride with the purple guy. possibly anew......??.

I doubt it'd be Anew, since she's driving the ship, so that Lasse can man the guns (since Saji couldn't do it) Besides, Tieria can handle it well enough on his own. It's kinda like how Saji is not needed to pilot the O-Raiser anymore, since his job was just to deliver it, which he already did.

darkxdestiny said:
Seraphim Gundam. I just hope that the Seraphim System won't just appear once just like the TRIAL System for Nadleeh (i.e. used & eventually unusable by Tieria).

or like that Ultra-Super Long-ranged Sniper Rifle for the Dynames (which was awesome) that they never used, shown, or mentioned ever again...yeah I hope they won't do that again with Seraphim >_>

YukiKumo said:
When Setsuna was about to stab Ali's gundam, and he heard a voice say Setsuna was that supposed to be Marina? I don't quite get what the song, and him hearing her voice signifies.. maybe it will make more sense when the subs come out. To me this could mean he's realizing what she has been saying about he's more then just a weapon and revenge isn't the way to go about things? Just my hypothesis I guess, I'm not sure. I'm hoping it's nothing lame and romantic, didn't seem that way though :)

Apparently Marina's voice reminds Setsuna of his mom (they're voiced by the same person anyway). He didn't get a chance to finish off Ali 'cause he was too shocked/wtf over the voices in his head to concentrate in the fight. Either that, or he's actually thinking back to their conversations. Remember that in an earlier ep (4 I believe), that he actually hesitated slightly during a mission 'cause he remembered Marina's voice?

Either way, I thought it was too early for Ali to die anyway. He still needed to do stuff. Besides, they already killed a character. I think they're going about the one character dies per ep, until the last few eps where they'll drop like flies...

Yeah, it's the GNP's fault, but it just reminded me so much of that scene in Macross Frontier (although it had the opposite effect XD)

Yeah yeah Marina's doing something "useful", but is it really useful? When her singing actually distracted Setsuna?! Maybe in the next ep, where she takes care of the Injured Hero (step 3 of Lacus transformation), she'll do something meaningful...

@Bakayaro: LOL!! Marina: "Watashi no Kare wa, Gundamu"!

MapleRoseJan 13, 2009 11:26 PM
Jan 14, 2009 12:45 AM

Oct 2008
tieria can barely kill an ant with an obese for a gundam. seriously the guy needs someone elsjavascript:void(0);e to pilot fatass while he rides megaman.
Jan 14, 2009 7:46 AM

Feb 2008
I was kind of shocked when Setsuna stopped his blade just before piercing Arche's cockpit. Ali wasn't supposed to live on!

Aside that, it was a great episodes. Two new suits (and one mobile armor) for the win!
Jan 14, 2009 11:39 AM

Apr 2007
epic episode.

new op animation is great, but the music is meh. and, yeah, marina singing at the end was lame.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jan 14, 2009 1:00 PM

Feb 2008
nihil said:
epic episode.

new op animation is great, but the music is meh. and, yeah, marina singing at the end was lame.

Yeah..while the song itself isnt bad, I agree that it just doesnt really fit Gundam 00.
Jan 14, 2009 4:49 PM

Nov 2008
MapleRose said:

YukiKumo said:
When Setsuna was about to stab Ali's gundam, and he heard a voice say Setsuna was that supposed to be Marina? I don't quite get what the song, and him hearing her voice signifies.. maybe it will make more sense when the subs come out. To me this could mean he's realizing what she has been saying about he's more then just a weapon and revenge isn't the way to go about things? Just my hypothesis I guess, I'm not sure. I'm hoping it's nothing lame and romantic, didn't seem that way though :)

Apparently Marina's voice reminds Setsuna of his mom (they're voiced by the same person anyway). He didn't get a chance to finish off Ali 'cause he was too shocked/wtf over the voices in his head to concentrate in the fight. Either that, or he's actually thinking back to their conversations. Remember that in an earlier ep (4 I believe), that he actually hesitated slightly during a mission 'cause he remembered Marina's voice?

Either way, I thought it was too early for Ali to die anyway. He still needed to do stuff. Besides, they already killed a character. I think they're going about the one character dies per ep, until the last few eps where they'll drop like flies...

Yeah, it's the GNP's fault, but it just reminded me so much of that scene in Macross Frontier (although it had the opposite effect XD)

Yeah yeah Marina's doing something "useful", but is it really useful? When her singing actually distracted Setsuna?! Maybe in the next ep, where she takes care of the Injured Hero (step 3 of Lacus transformation), she'll do something meaningful...

Thank you for responding :D! That would make sense about the mom ordeal, but this may sound really stupid, but was that lady he killed from his childhood really supposed to be his mom?? I never really gathered that one together. I mean I know she called him by his real name, were we just supposed to take that as a hint? Because I don't recall him ever actually saying that was his mom.

And yup I remember when he hesitated for a bit in episode 4, maybe all of her "peace" talk is getting to him a little bit? He has said before that he used to feel the same way... so maybe her words are affecting his character a little bit.

Oh, and I didn't think she was really doing something useful either -_-;
Jan 15, 2009 9:44 PM
Apr 2008
YukiKumo said:
Thank you for responding :D! That would make sense about the mom ordeal, but this may sound really stupid, but was that lady he killed from his childhood really supposed to be his mom?? I never really gathered that one together. I mean I know she called him by his real name, were we just supposed to take that as a hint? Because I don't recall him ever actually saying that was his mom.

And yup I remember when he hesitated for a bit in episode 4, maybe all of her "peace" talk is getting to him a little bit? He has said before that he used to feel the same way... so maybe her words are affecting his character a little bit.

Marina is not doing anything "useful", but at least she's doing something. Come to think of it the children's wish is that the song could reach out to the people fighting in the battlefield. Like telling them to stop fighting & killing one another.

The range of the particles & why it could even reach the Katharon base is probably due to the travel of the GN Particles. Which is thus the delay between TRANS-AM intiation time & the point where Setsuna heard Marina's "voice".

Song + Quantification of GN Paricles = the trump card to finally stop war?
Jan 17, 2009 1:17 PM

Oct 2007
Empress? I liked it better when it was called Psycho Gundam.
Jan 17, 2009 8:14 PM

Jun 2007
darkxdestiny said:
YukiKumo said:

Marina is not doing anything "useful", but at least she's doing something. Come to think of it the children's wish is that the song could reach out to the people fighting in the battlefield. Like telling them to stop fighting & killing one another.

The range of the particles & why it could even reach the Katharon base is probably due to the travel of the GN Particles. Which is thus the delay between TRANS-AM intiation time & the point where Setsuna heard Marina's "voice".

Song + Quantification of GN Paricles = the trump card to finally stop war?

I'm thinking the GN particles actually never run out or "die". So basically anywhere a true Gundam has been since season one, people will hear whatever it is Gundam 00 wants them to hear when it goes TRANS-AM. I think that was the goal of the original Gundam 0 since it purposely flooded area's with GN particles for no real reason that anyone could think of at the time.
Jan 19, 2009 4:52 PM

Mar 2008
Ian's reaction was priceless.
OMFG WTF theres a whole in my ship Lolz
Jan 20, 2009 7:43 AM

Feb 2008
Since you all posted most of what i had wanted to say anyways, here's what i felt when watching this episode just for kicks

1. Lousy OP but i watched it just for the new opening scene.
2. Stiff-face representative giving made up news again
3. Evil haro : You were dumped !! You were dumped !!
4. Ian lulz
5, 6, 7, 8...(I got lazy )
Final : Teh song. I literally pointed me middle finger to me monitor cause i was pissed off.
Jan 23, 2009 5:43 AM

Nov 2008
MapleRose said:

i think marina is doing "psychological war" music can empower an army or weaken it, depends on what you play lol
love song = army trying to survive/surrender to survive to be with his loved ones
soad(?)= army becames perfect killing machines xD

Frito said:
tieria can barely kill an ant with an obese for a gundam. seriously the guy needs someone elsjavascript:void(0);e to pilot fatass while he rides megaman.

YES! Seraphim Gundam = Megaman/Rockman Gundam i hope his cannons are not called X-Busters or that they can overcharge for more powerfull shoots lol xD
next episode Zero Gundam? NO! its already the 00 and the A-laws will change their name to mavericks xD
we just need AXL maybe cheridium can take that role
and just to end
priceless ali face

he deserves to suffer
Jan 24, 2009 5:01 AM

Dec 2008
Bahh I hate it when the A- Laws produces new prototype weapons every second episode.

Do they have a superweapon dispencer or what?

Its not only that they are new ,they are fuc**** overpowered

The "Graham Buster" will probably be as powerful as 00 + Raiser,that sucks X (

The makers should put more effort in the storylie than in new machines in every second episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2009 5:42 AM

Oct 2008
The worse possible time to hear a song...

Tieria final's resolve is to be a human rather than an Innovator. A great decision that puts his own life in danger; although the Innovators are terrible people, yet they are extremely powerful and dangerous.

Lockon Stratos seems to be up to something..

Apr 24, 2009 11:40 PM

Jul 2008
serevee has chibi gundam hidden in it, okay that explains the second face; apparently the 00 has giant laser guns, and was originally piloted by ribbons, and the last gundam throne was destroyed. plus a coup de'tat, and love troubles all around, plus new machines
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 23, 2009 4:50 AM

Jan 2008
What's with the new OP?
I faced palmed when Setsuna heard the song.
Sep 8, 2009 1:01 PM

Apr 2007
So did not appreciate Marina's song. Setsuna had Ali right there then, bam, he stops because she's singing?

Thanks to Iri for the awesome Signature!! ^^
Feb 10, 2010 3:21 AM
Aug 2009
Setsuna got shot but even with the wound in his shoulder he fought well. It is certainly a good episode for me. When we're near the end it gets better and better.
Feb 15, 2010 8:27 PM
Feb 2008
That song stopping the fight was too contrived. even MORE new suits. Thankfull one of those trannies actually got killed
Aug 6, 2010 10:21 PM

Jun 2009
Well, no offense my fellow Gundam fans but sometimes I feel like I am watching the battle of the grudge fest.

Can't the Gundam team get one easy battle, it stinks that they are always on the defensive. How do the countries have that much money in order to create these things. New models are beginning to become Meh. Talk about having the whole world hunting you. I think that Tieria should be able to block out Veda because he is also an Innovator...

I don't know, sometimes I need the Gundam's to win. Without relying on the Trans Am and the 00 Riser. That is how you lose battles. I would know, I play a lot of video games. If you only use one trick the enemy will eventually get you.

Personally I would also like for to see the other personality again, and would like for someone to call out the innovator on the Gundam team. Either they are extremely dense because I think they stand out a little bit. We need to stop fighting the past and move forward a little.

On a side note, if so many army people are displeased why don't they raise a coup...

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Oct 11, 2010 2:17 PM

Aug 2009
:/ OP sucks... The visuals are fine but the song.. Yeeesh!

Speaking of music... That was so fucking cheesy with Marina and the kids
Dec 26, 2010 9:23 AM

Feb 2010

And uhhh, atleast Tieria used his Seraphim this time. But I'm so eager to know Nadleeh's true power =.=
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Jan 20, 2011 3:50 PM

Oct 2008
It would be nice if they had a 10 second break. But sucks that Al-Saachez got away because Marina brought her piano into the middle of that chasm to play a song with the children.

I would be happy with a break episode from all this chasing though, it seems like the A-Laws develop a new mobile suite every episode. Good episode though.
May 5, 2011 11:33 PM

Sep 2009
Suzune-chan said:

On a side note, if so many army people are displeased why don't they raise a coup...

Someone wasn't paying attention to the meeting between Hercules and Smirnoff?

llxwarbirdxll said:
Empress? I liked it better when it was called Psycho Gundam.

Don't you mean Big Zam?

===

I liked the part where Ian gets out of "bed" and walks into a giant hole in his ship.
Priceless.
Jun 5, 2011 12:51 PM

May 2009
This episode is awesome on so many levels. A Coup d'état is being planned by the Federation army, Ian's reaction when he wakes up and walks outside of the medical room, the confrontation between Ribbons and Setsuna and all of the awesome fights that ensue.

Setsuna really has become a much better pilot since season one. I mean he's capable of fighting almost evenly with Ali Al-Saachez in his Arche Gundam, even though he is badly wounded. He didn't even activate Trans-Am until it was necessary in order to save the airplane.

The new opening is probably my favorite 00 opening, both visually and the song.
Nov 29, 2011 10:13 AM

Mar 2008
OP is far from being good. OPs in 1st season was way better.
And that song at the end... it made this ep the worst so far. It was so annoying that I wanted to kill that Marina along with these stupid kids.
Jan 12, 2012 8:56 AM
Aug 2008
So innovators are not as strong as I thought. But they still very arrogant and look down at human. If human created them, human will someday surpass them.
Feb 21, 2012 8:34 PM

Dec 2011
I think the OP will grow on me after a few episodes.

SETSUNA! YOU LET THE BASTARD GET AWAY!
Honestly, what Setsuna should do is capture him, then bring him to CB so that there can be a Let's-all-kick-the-crap-outta-Ali-until-the-jackass-no-longer-breathes party.
Lyle would do it for his family (including Neil),
Teiria for Neil,
Setsuna for himself (and for Marina for burning her country)
And maybe they can invite Nena for her brothers.
Anyone else could join in, since Ali is essentially what CB is trying to exterminate.
Jan 11, 2014 9:37 AM

Jun 2013
Marina, I love you but extremely bad timing with that song!
May 6, 2014 6:51 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Setsuna not killing that bastard Ali when he had the chance just because Marina now has some newtype "hear my song abilities" almost makes me wanna drop this...

Sigh.

Of course I won't though, I've watched too much. But it's bad writing when they wait to dispose of their antagonists all in one rushed, final episode at the end.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 4, 2014 2:45 PM

Feb 2013
Ali Al-Saachez! Yeah! (that chump got away again)

Allelujah and Tieria had some good fights too.
Aug 16, 2014 11:33 AM

Oct 2013
I didn't care for the new opening much, but I think it'll grow on me.

I feel like the story has begun to take a backseat to all the action over the last few episodes, and it's just doing so even more. I don't mind; the action is intense, and the series is getting intense too. I have a feeling it's just going to keep building up on the climax until the very end at this point.

I began to get teary eyed during Marina's song at both times. That was just so unexpected and so beautiful. I dunno why exactly, but it really touched me.

Setsuna has become pretty dang skilled as a pilot. I mean, sure, he has the 00's OPness on his side, but he also had a bullet wound in his shoulder and was still fighting on an even level against Ali; something he wasn't anywhere near able to do before.
ZadionAug 16, 2014 11:51 AM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 16, 2014 8:14 PM
Jul 2013
fuck off marina,just fuck off.
"You must not be preoccupied with yourself. You won’t be able to see anything. You’ll be unable to move a step. Care about other people, if you do, you’ll understand that it’s worth living no matter how painful the world is."
Dec 12, 2015 6:52 AM

Oct 2008
Now I remember why I hated season 2 so much...
Feb 11, 2016 2:30 AM

Jul 2008
Damn it lady, you just saved Satchez....that's going to cost them later on.
May 14, 2017 4:11 AM

Jul 2014
That ending might have been touching but ffffkkkkkkkkk Setsuna could've gotten rid of that Saachez guy once and for all!! You couldn't have waited at least a few more seconds Marina???!!
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Sep 14, 2018 8:39 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
L'Arc-en-Ciel's OP is still the best...

I understand Marina's POV that they all should stop fighting each other. But holy, that was the worst time to stop a fight. Ali really needs to go, he's loves to fight, he loves war. No way he's gonna change/reform. You just let a murderer on loose. You gonna take responsibility for the people Ali will kill in the future???

Seraphim. Interesting unit. I sort of chuckled when I saw the tiny hands.

Ehhhh? So Anew doesn't realize she's the reason they keep finding out where CB is at? I guess she's like Tieria, or they may have rewrote her memories or something so she doesn't know she's an Innovator. That sucks for her :( She'll probably feel incredibly guilty when she finds out later.
Mar 25, 2019 11:11 PM

Jun 2016
I'm just barely willing to believe that Setsuna was simply beginning to suffer the effects of blood loss, but what a cock block that was. Not the worst episode of the anime by far, but why such clunky event "resolutions"...
May 7, 2019 8:37 AM

Apr 2009
I still don't feel the chemistry between Setsuna and Marina... And it doesn't help that she's turning to another singing princess.

Love Tiera's development. I think he changed the most among the Meisters. And I used to dislike him.
Aug 17, 2019 7:23 PM

Aug 2013
The OST that played when Allelujah and and Tieria sortied was epic, ngl...
Oct 21, 2020 8:33 AM

Nov 2019
Tsk. what was up with this episode

the music was just on point especially when the fighting came and of course Marina's song

xD
Aug 26, 2023 11:41 AM

Aug 2018
The fucking plot armor again -_-
Jan 12, 4:46 AM

Jul 2017
This was the fisrt episode that i really disliked, marina's song is very symbolic and touching, but in this episode ali deserved to die by the hand of setsuna, and he was saved by the plot.
Truly a poor choice.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Mar 27, 2009

227 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - May 29, 2009

50 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 20, 2009

38 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 13, 2009

111 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 7, 2009

130 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.