Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2013 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Those outfits ;o

First half felt meh to me but second half was better. Masato still has that rage built inside of him which I'm not surprised at. RIP EYE:

Jun 17, 2013 11:26 AM

Jun 2012
Kadowaki lost a lot of blood with that eye gouge, it was like a fountain haha
Jun 17, 2013 12:34 PM

May 2013
Wow Kadowaki just got stabbed in the eye.
Jun 17, 2013 12:48 PM

May 2012
Kadowaki needs to stop blaming Arata for his mother leaving, losing a race, etc
I don't really think 'betrayal' would be the first thought for when i win a race against someone. It pushes you to do better, the guys needs a psychiatrist.
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Jun 17, 2013 2:41 PM

Feb 2011
Slow episode compared to the last one , still enjoyed it though. We gonna get some action next week.
Jun 17, 2013 2:56 PM

Nov 2007
The "city" with money needing to pay before entering... And NamiDai's character hired them.

The little boy also working even after his parents left him. That bandit guy is good at cooking.

NamiDai's character thinks that the guy who saved him changed.. Oh, wow @ that guy from the guardian hurting that guy with grudge's eyes.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 17, 2013 3:15 PM

Feb 2013
His eyeeee!!!
Jun 17, 2013 3:49 PM

Jun 2013
If only people would understand that Kadowaki isn't only venting out his anger on Arata because Arata slowed down for him in that race. It was the last straw that broke the camel's back. It's all about his background (the whole parents thing) and thus his whole ruined self image. He just needs a punching bag, and it happens to be Arata. Yes, it's indeed pretty dumb but it's not the same as hating someone "just for slowing down in a race for him".

Also, the eye stab scene... I accidentally spoilered myself like about a few weeks ago about an eye stab happening somewhere in the series, but I never guessed it would happen now?! That scene ... just ... I had to pause there for a few seconds to be like "WHAT HAPPENED WAIT"

Also, yeah, man, those clothes~~~ hngghhhh!

The soundtrack in the last few minutes.... absolute favorite ever 10/10
Jun 17, 2013 4:17 PM

Jan 2013
A bit of romance. Maybe a kiss scene by the end.
Jun 17, 2013 4:22 PM

Feb 2012
Lmao that dude's sword is pure money, gold.
Jun 17, 2013 5:00 PM

Oct 2011
Kannagi pulled an Aang XD

Hinohara can relate to the boy TwT

Damn Akachi stabbed Kadowaki eyes?? So he could move on from his hatred and focus on killing Hinohara.

Ah so he was Hiruko. Hinohara changed him so he believes he can help Yoroumi.

I wonder what made him change??

Ah so Ending 2 will last til the series ends
Jun 17, 2013 7:24 PM

Feb 2013
Well, that was a bit underwhelming.

Of all the episodes thus far, this one went the farthest away from the source material. They introduce the anime-only character Ruka and change the entire moral concerning Hiruko and his city. They speed up the meeting of Akachi and Kadowaki, but then cut out the entire fight between the two and really just the over all impact of the scene. It seems as if in these last few episodes they just decided to rush through everything and like I thought, it feels cliche and contrived.

For more in depth explanation:

It looks like Arata and Yorunami do their match next week and that will end the Yorunami arc. Arata right now is still in his weak stage so he still wants to beat his opponents not by fighting, but by "changing their spirits", which is a cliche trait that I find annoying in many anime MCs. However, Arata will eventually learn that there are some opponents that you can't sweet talk and some you are just going to have to all out fight.

I also wonder if they are ever going to get back to the other Arata and the arrival of Harunawa in this anime? We only have two episodes left. Hopefully this show doesn't end on too much of a trainwreck. I give this episode a 6/10.
IreneshardaJun 17, 2013 7:34 PM
Jun 17, 2013 8:22 PM

May 2011
Lmao, love Kannagi just juggling his rocks. He knows how to take it easy! The other highlight was Kadowaki getting stabbed. :P
Jun 18, 2013 12:54 AM

Mar 2013
I kinda felt bad Kadowaki getting stabbed in the eye like that, but at the same time I felt like he deserved it.
Jun 18, 2013 6:43 AM

Mar 2010
itsTriz said:
Kadowaki getting stabbed in the eye like that,I felt like he deserved it.

yeh me too ~
ah..this episode was slightly boring. The only thing that interest me was the money-kamui...imagine you can create so many moneysssss by fighthing..wow. Lol

can't wait to know what happen next! Next week will turn out to be so much amazing with a lot of actions. Well , hopefully :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2013 9:41 AM

Apr 2013
Irenesharda said:

Thanks for all that info :D
It felt kinda bland so I'm glad for the clarifications...
...gonna read the manga in 2 weeks time after this will finish airing

I really need more of these XD:

...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Jun 18, 2013 11:14 AM

May 2011
Haha Kadowaki got stabbed in the eye. Awesome.

This Hiruko guy seems like a pretty cool guy, I sure hope nothing happens to him though since he is planning on disobeying Yorunami, who said he's seen enough of this shit.

I am liking the romance notion between Hinohara and Kotoha. It is so cute to see them act embarrassed like that around each other. And Kotoha looks great in a ponytail.
Jun 18, 2013 2:17 PM

Jul 2010
RediceRyan said:
A bit of romance. Maybe a kiss scene by the end.

This. I hope for that too, but .. Who knows..
Jun 18, 2013 2:22 PM

Jul 2012
Guess this was the wrong episode to have a phobia of touching/hurting eyes. I can't stand when people talk about eye pain, I have to cover my eyes right when they get to the painful part. lol

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Jun 18, 2013 3:24 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Akachi sure is ruthless. And Hiruko's resolve at the end when he said he will change the city was really...not random, but badly done. It just didn't see like what had happened before would make him come to this decision? Idk, it just seemed a little abrupt to me. Hm and it looks like Kotoha likes Hinohara now instead of her Arata-sama :D
Jun 18, 2013 6:49 PM

Dec 2011
Holy smokes. Akachi destroyed his eye! Damn.

Hoho. Hiruko defecting is interesting. I wonder if he will surrender his Hayagami to Arata now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2013 9:08 PM

Feb 2013
tingy said:
Akachi sure is ruthless. And Hiruko's resolve at the end when he said he will change the city was really...not random, but badly done. It just didn't see like what had happened before would make him come to this decision? Idk, it just seemed a little abrupt to me. Hm and it looks like Kotoha likes Hinohara now instead of her Arata-sama :D

Hiruko's story is glanced over and changed quite a lot from the original manga, this is why it feels as if everything is a little abrupt. You can look at my above comment if you want to, for a more in depth explanation at the changes done.
Jun 19, 2013 5:12 AM
Mar 2013
what was with eye stabbed? confusing
Jun 19, 2013 5:16 AM

Jul 2011
itsTriz said:
I kinda felt bad Kadowaki getting stabbed in the eye like that, but at the same time I felt like he deserved it.

Best moment! I hope he get stabbed in the other eye too! hehe
Jun 19, 2013 5:32 PM

Jun 2012
The 'action' still fails, but the plot is getting somewhere and is somewhat interesting. I at least like the idea of Lord Kannagi and Arata being in similar situations as Akachi and Arata's rival.

That looked painful, I'm sure it was.

Jun 20, 2013 6:59 AM

May 2008
Based on Arata's facial expressions i guessing he didnt actually slow down for Kadowaki, also kadowaki is a retard, not that i didnt know that already. I love how all the Zokusho are dam nice people so far. Lets see lets see.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 20, 2013 8:40 AM

May 2012
I think Kadowaki's motivation for hating Arata is really stupid. I mean he wants to kill him just because he thinks Arata pitied him in the race, when actually its was just that Kadowaki himself was getting better. Kadowaki is a piss poor character to me, he's pretty laughable. Also I wonder who the girl like more Arata or her master,hmmmmmm
Jun 23, 2013 3:33 AM

Sep 2012
fiore777 said:
Lmao, love Kannagi just juggling his rocks. He knows how to take it easy! The other highlight was Kadowaki getting stabbed. :P

This.
Jul 2, 2013 2:26 PM

Sep 2009
Can someone please help make me understand what Arata said, "There's no one the world would be better off without." I'm having a hard time understanding this sentence >< My mind isn't working. o.o
Jan 18, 2014 8:18 AM
Mar 2012
Woah, he took his eye!

And that other guys' superpower is to throw money at people? I wonder whether he'll submit to Karata... But then he'll disappear and who'll change the city then?
Jan 18, 2014 8:24 AM
Mar 2012
Zel_Ezl said:
Can someone please help make me understand what Arata said, "There's no one the world would be better off without." I'm having a hard time understanding this sentence >< My mind isn't working. o.o
He means that no one deserves to die and everyone has their place in the world.
An extremely pacifistic and difficult way to see the world (considering people like Hitler). Buddhist, I think.
Apr 10, 2014 5:47 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

This anime is just a bad copy of the manga, too many cuts, little quality in the technical sector, little bit of everything in fact.
Too bad!
Something you see in the plot but changed crumbs, accessible narrative, but none of that!
Ultimately, there is a lot of work. The positive vote is for the respect that I have for the manga ...
Jan 26, 2015 11:42 PM

Jul 2008
HA HA!!! Great work Akachi, now finish the job!
Jan 23, 2020 2:28 AM

Jul 2016
Trizept said:

I dont care about him one way or another. what a lame character...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arata Kangatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2013

81 by White_Alice »»
Jun 20, 2023 3:19 PM

Poll: » Arata Kangatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2013

53 by White_Alice »»
Jun 20, 2023 3:18 PM

Poll: » Arata Kangatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2013

100 by White_Alice »»
Jun 16, 2023 1:21 AM

Poll: » Arata Kangatari Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2013

44 by shilvio »»
Oct 19, 2022 4:59 PM

Poll: » Arata Kangatari Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2013

43 by shilvio »»
Oct 16, 2022 10:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.