Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 14, 2013 7:58 PM

Jan 2008
TTTTTTTOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 14, 2013 8:00 PM

Jun 2008
CreationBreaker said:
No. 3-5 episodes of those last 10 will be an adaptation of a Railgun SS LN (Liberal Arts City). The rest may just be anime only filler or if JC Staff is kind to us, we will get the Railgun SS2 LN (Shopping Mall Demonstration) as well.

Oh, I didn't know about that....that would be pretty sweet.
Jun 14, 2013 8:02 PM

Jun 2008
CreationBreaker said:
And we now have our first Railgun purist complaining about Touma. I totally called it!
Exactly how is he hax?

"Railgun purist"? Ok.

Um....no, I've hated Touma's "ability" since I first saw Index....long before Railgun ever came out.

Touma the character is a very average to below average typical male shounen lead with very little traits.

CreationBreaker said:
Our first Mugino hating Mikoto fanboy

lol, no.

I dislike her because of the way she fought.

I am a Mikoto fan, but that doesn't mean I dislike her opponents, I love Accelerator.

But Mugino rubbed me the wrong way.
Jun 14, 2013 8:12 PM

Oct 2012
CreationBreaker said:
Scheherazade1007 said:
CreationBreaker said:

It was because she was tired and unable to use other moves like her Railgun that she used Frenda's traps in the first place. Obviously, had Frenda cleaned up her traps, Mugino would have curb-stomped Mikoto but that's not the point.

Reverse the roles.
If Meltdowner had been in Misaka's condition she would have been curbstomped by Misaka even if she had Frenda's dolls.

You're not making sense here. I have my doubts about even that. Mugino's power is still different from Mikoto's even though they both revolve around electrons. I highly doubt that Mugino would even need the dolls.

Scheherazade1007 said:
CreationBreaker said:

Mugino could counter each and every one of Mikoto's attacks effectively. Mugino can divert Mikoto's lightning, destroy any projectiles Mikoto would throw at her. Not to mention, a single attack from Meltdowner would destroy a Railgun. Couple that with the fact that Mugino can use 4 at once without losing control and Railgun is utterly useless. The iron sand attacks can be interfered with and destroyed by Meltdowner. If she tried what she did with the Iron Sand with Accelerator on Mugino, she would be able to dissipate the iron sand herself or use multiple Silicon Burn cards at once.

Mugino could counter every attack Misaka made because she was tired. Misaka have more firepower than Mugino but in the state she was she had to do with a fraction of her power. She couldn't even muster enough strength to launch a railgun while we both know she's usually able to throw a few without sweating.

Misaka's ability is similar to Mugino's. She can deviate Mugino's beam and Mugino can deviate Misaka's electricity.
The thing is that the one with the most strength will bend the other's power the most. In their fight, Mugino had the advantage because Misaka was tired so bending her lighting was easy while Misaka had problem to bend her beam. Misaka in perfect form would have bent Mugino's beam easily and Mugino would have had a much harder time to bend Misaka's lighting.

You are overestimating Mugino's shield.
She couldn't even par an explosion at point blank (She had to deviated the doll instead) , had Misaka used the same iron sand move she did on Accelerator she would have been screwed.
Add to that the fact that she didn't even felt the doll coming to hit her on the head, she doesn't have the calculation ability to defend against such multi-directional attack.

All of the first two paragraphs is being written under the false assumption that Mugino is weaker than Mikoto. Mugino is not weaker than Mikoto. It was stated in the Index LNs that Mugino is much more powerful than Mikoto but has requires far more control so that her powers don't backfire on her. This is why she only uses a max of 4 beams at once. Mugino would easily be able to beat even a multiple Railgun attack via Silicon Burn.

Had Mikoto used the iron sand attacks, Mugino could just fire Meltdowner Shots to divert Mikoto's calculation and cause the attack to go awry or even dissipate. I was never referring to her Meltdowner shield except for when Mikoto launches large metal masses via magnetism.

Scheherazade1007 said:
CreationBreaker said:

Basically, Mugino has a method to counter every one of Mikoto's tactics and in this episode, Mikoto only won because she used Fre|nda's traps. Without that extraneous factor, even in a fair fight, Mikoto would be unable to win against Mugino. At best, it would end up as a standstill or a battle of stamina. At worst, of course, Mugino would demolish Mikoto easily.

Mugino could counter Misaka's attack because Misaka's attack were weak, they weren't even a fraction of what they would have been if she was at full power. Compare a laser toy to Mugino's ability and it would be pretty much the difference between the Misaka from this episode and Misaka at full power. By the end of the episode all she could barely do more than a spark.

Again, you make it sound like she could only produce 10000 V or something when she fought Mugino. She had time to regain at least some of her energy before she fought Mugino 1v1. She may have been tired but she did gain some time to rest while picking up and re-adjusting all of Fre|nda's traps.

The fact that you are comparing a weakened Mugino to a laser toy means you don't understand Mugino's power. To that, I say...look up Meltdowner on the Index wiki.

Scheherazade1007 said:

The rating system of academy city is accurate and is pretty much exponential when it comes to the level 5.
Number two isn't 'a bit weaker' than Accelerator, he's hell weaker. Misaka is hell weaker than number 2. Mugino is hell weaker than Misaka. Number 5 is hell weaker than Mugino.

There is a huge difference in power between #1 and #2 and between #2 and Mikoto. That is correct. However, once we get to #3 and #4, the reliability of that scale for measuring power falls apart. As I said earlier, it is outright stated in the Index LNs that Mugino has much more power and output than Mikoto but requires far more control for her powers. We're talking about the character who
At the same time, there was an incident where #7 caught Mikoto's Railgun with his teeth. He caught Mikoto's most powerful attack with his TEETH. In other words, #3, #4, and #7 are not exponentially based. Misaki is the weakest of them all in terms of power and #6 is still an unknown.

JustALEX said:
Tyrel said:
TOUMAAAAAAAA

Easily the ONLY down side to the episode.

I fucking hate his bullshit hax.

And we now have our first Railgun purist complaining about Touma. I totally called it!
Exactly how is he hax?

...........and
JustALEX said:

JustALEX said:

I guess the last 10 episodes or so will be "anime only" material, just like Railgun Season 1.

No. 3-5 episodes of those last 10 will be an adaptation of a Railgun SS LN (Liberal Arts City). The rest may just be anime only filler or if JC Staff is kind to us, we will get the Railgun SS2 LN (Shopping Mall Demonstration) as well.

I agree with you. I haven't read the novels but I read spoilers. Meltdowner is very powerful, though she doesn't have full control of her power. However, I don't think Mikoto is the weakest of the level 5s in terms of power.
It;s true that Gunha stopped her railgun with his bare teeth, but that was only 30% of her power input. Also, Gunha said that if the fight would have dragged on it might have been his lost.
#7 is still a mystery though, I can tell for sure how strong he is.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Jun 14, 2013 8:23 PM

Mar 2012
JustALEX said:
CreationBreaker said:
Exactly how is he hax?

"Railgun purist"? Ok.

Um....no, I've hated Touma's "ability" since I first saw Index....long before Railgun ever came out.

Touma the character is a very average to below average typical male shounen lead with very little traits.

CreationBreaker said:

lol, no.

I dislike her because of the way she fought.

I am a Mikoto fan, but that doesn't mean I dislike her opponents, I love Accelerator.

But Mugino rubbed me the wrong way.

Meh, if you don't like Touma, I won't try to convince you otherwise.
I'm sorry if I sounded like a jerk with both of those comments.

About Mugino, I completely understand. Trust me, she rubbed me the wrong way when she made her debut in the Index novels.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Jun 14, 2013 8:29 PM

Mar 2011
Great episode. I've noticed that I like Railgun as a series a lot more when it focuses on Misaka instead of her bland friends.
Jun 14, 2013 8:32 PM

Jun 2008
CreationBreaker said:
Meh, if you don't like Touma, I won't try to convince you otherwise.
I'm sorry if I sounded like a jerk with both of those comments.

About Mugino, I completely understand. Trust me, she rubbed me the wrong way when she made her debut in the Index novels.

I just view Touma as a very average MC on a great anime series....it frustrates me sometimes because he's unlikable IMO.
Jun 14, 2013 8:33 PM

Jun 2011
Ahh... the long awaited Index tie-in :D

5/5
Jun 14, 2013 8:41 PM

May 2013
fucking lol @ frenda

Jun 14, 2013 8:42 PM

Apr 2011
Tooooouummmmmaaa
Jun 14, 2013 9:09 PM

Mar 2012
Is nobody else pointing out that Mugino wears shorts like Mikoto does?

Also in the preview, DAT speed-talking Touma.
Ashen_MikoJun 14, 2013 9:15 PM
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Jun 14, 2013 9:13 PM

Mar 2012
Okay. Now I understand why Misaka looked depressed when she saw her clone in Index 10.
Jun 14, 2013 9:40 PM

Feb 2010
apparently this season might only have 12 episodes according to some sites except this one hmm.......... fk it TOUMA IS BACK!!! :D
GrimAtramentJun 14, 2013 9:45 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 14, 2013 9:50 PM

Mar 2012
Oh my god, this episode was amazing!!!
I love how [so far] it only got 5's from everyone, too.
Speaking of 5's, that fight was so good, and Mugino was hilarious. XD I couldn't stop laughing at the part when she got hit in the head with the doll in the middle of her sentence (ouch!) But gosh, she has waaaay too much pride. I mean, rejecting Misaka's help? Really?
And poor Frenda- she's gonna get a spanky! ^_^;

CreationBreaker said:
Is nobody else pointing out that Mugino wears shorts like Mikoto does?

Yeah I noticed that too lol TANPAN PRIDE
I can't wait for the next episode...finally, a break from all of the fight episodes, although they still contain humor, just not kuroko-humor. And fukou-da humor. Yup, looking forward to it.
"If you don't allow yourself to cry, you'll never be able to smile."
~Negi Springfield
Jun 14, 2013 9:51 PM

Dec 2007
hazerddex said:
apparently this season might only have 12 episodes according to some sites except this one hmm.......... fk it TOUMA IS BACK!!! :D

No its 24 the number of BDs/DVDs confirms this
Jun 14, 2013 9:54 PM

Mar 2012
Since when did Kouta Hirano work in a lab in Academy City?
Jun 14, 2013 9:55 PM

Feb 2010
mistress_kisara said:
hazerddex said:

No its 24 the number of BDs/DVDs confirms this

i know

but i don't know what the other sites source of information is..... there back side maybe?

anyway mugino IS SO RELENTLESS SHE WILL CHASE PEOPLE EVEN IF THEY MOVE TO RUSSIA....
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 14, 2013 9:56 PM

Dec 2009
I fucking love this season!
And finally!!! Touma x Misaka romantic moments are about to start!~
Jun 14, 2013 10:02 PM

Aug 2012
CreationBreaker said:

I had to rethink which title I was watching when I heard that.
Jun 14, 2013 10:02 PM

Sep 2011
who the fuck even ranks these? Accelerator is absolutely the most powerful, but the ranking system has its faults from the beginning, with Touma being ranked as powerless.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 14, 2013 10:12 PM

Feb 2010
GodlyKyon said:
who the fuck even ranks these? Accelerator is absolutely the most powerful, but the ranking system has its faults from the beginning, with Touma being ranked as powerless.

touma is level 0 he has no epser power

his hands not a esper power

Jun 14, 2013 10:17 PM

Jan 2008
Yay, more Touma next week!
Jun 14, 2013 10:20 PM

Mar 2012
Was anyone else amused when Mugino answered the phone to Kinuhata and used Kinuhata's word (chou) when she said she was at a super great part then? Idk, I didn't even catch that the first time I watched it... It's the little things.
"If you don't allow yourself to cry, you'll never be able to smile."
~Negi Springfield
Jun 14, 2013 10:30 PM

Jul 2008
GodlyKyon said:

If I'm not wrong the espers are ranked by their calculation abilities, in return this means that the most calculation an esper is able to do, the better he/she will have control over their abilities.
Touma is a level 0 because the system do not take into consideration anything else than esper power. That means that his imagine breaker which is inclined to the magic side is not taken into consideration at all.
Jun 14, 2013 10:40 PM

Mar 2012
TOUMA!!!!!!!!!!! YES
Jun 14, 2013 10:46 PM

May 2011
Mugino was great tbh and I just loved all of her awesome facial expressions along with those maniacal laughs. And that was a pretty nice fight even though Misaka wasn't at her full strength. Good idea using those leftover bombs. Haha Frenda was so cute being scared about that but she is about to get her ass spanked now.

Yes! Touma is hereeeee.
Jun 14, 2013 11:07 PM

Dec 2012
Definitely Waiting for Next Episode...
Love Frenda's Reaction when Mugino will spanked her later. LOL
Jun 14, 2013 11:12 PM

Jan 2011
Meltdowner pls was kinda glad she didn't go out with that KO

Ending made me all Happy inside once i saw the vending machine
Jun 14, 2013 11:32 PM

Sep 2012
Great episode. Perfectly adapted from the manga. I can't ask for more.
Jun 14, 2013 11:41 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Everything about this episode is perfect.
Jun 14, 2013 11:52 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
By the way:

Best part of the episode.
Jun 15, 2013 12:07 AM

Aug 2011
Meltdowner + Silicon Burn = Touhou
Jun 15, 2013 12:09 AM

Mar 2013
thesnnitro said:
Meltdowner + Silicon Burn = Touhou

Numi said:

Apparently, Alice is "stronger" than Okuu.
Jun 15, 2013 12:27 AM

Aug 2012
Finally Touma makes an appearance. I've been waiting for this. This season's been awesome so far.
Jun 15, 2013 12:42 AM

Aug 2009
JustALEX said:
CreationBreaker said:
Exactly how is he hax?

"Railgun purist"? Ok.

This is what I could never understand.He has the same traits as Misaka.
Saves people that never asked for it?Check
Act stupid when their friends do something?Check
Trusting their friends?Check.
"hax" powers?Check.
Winning with help from others?Check
Differences:
Sense of logic.Misaka doesnt have one,just look at all her "fights" with Touma.

Scheherazade1007 said:
GodlyKyon said:

If I'm not wrong the espers are ranked by their calculation abilities, in return this means that the most calculation an esper is able to do, the better he/she will have control over their abilities.
Touma is a level 0 because the system do not take into consideration anything else than esper power. That means that his imagine breaker which is inclined to the magic side is not taken into consideration at all.

Accelerator is the most powerful even with less than 50% of his powers.
And the ranking system is fine the way it is used.
Imagine breaker isnt "powerful".IF his opponents were to calm down or if he was always fighting alone he would be dead since the Index arc.
And no, IB doesnt incline towards either side.
Jun 15, 2013 12:57 AM

Nov 2012
CreationBreaker said:
But you see this is the problem. The nature of powers between two espers (not restricted to Railgun vs. Meltdowner) is different. The intensity of their powers is not even the same so there is no such thing as "fair" fight.

It's just like how Misaki (#5, the girl with psychic powers) can't even touch Misaka in a 1v1 fight because of Misaka's electrical AIM barrier. If it were Mugino vs Misaki, then Misaki would be able to control Mugino completely because I don't think Mugino has an AIM barrier that could function like Mikoto's.

Just for anyone who doubts this, these are the things that Misaki can do:

Reading memories, telepathy, changing a person's personality by means of brainwashing, memory elimination, amplification of will, institution of illusions, and transplantation of emotions.

Unless the wiki is wrong.

I mean, Misaki could probably stun Misaka for a second because Misaka seems to get some type of shock from Misaki's ability, but Misaka could probably release a torrent of electricity in Misaki's general direction and that would be the end of it.
Jun 15, 2013 1:14 AM

Aug 2009
Evaeri said:
CreationBreaker said:
But you see this is the problem. The nature of powers between two espers (not restricted to Railgun vs. Meltdowner) is different. The intensity of their powers is not even the same so there is no such thing as "fair" fight.

It's just like how Misaki (#5, the girl with psychic powers) can't even touch Misaka in a 1v1 fight because of Misaka's electrical AIM barrier. If it were Mugino vs Misaki, then Misaki would be able to control Mugino completely because I don't think Mugino has an AIM barrier that could function like Mikoto's.

Just for anyone who doubts this, these are the things that Misaki can do:

Reading memories, telepathy, changing a person's personality by means of brainwashing, memory elimination, amplification of will, institution of illusions, and transplantation of emotions.

Unless the wiki is wrong.

I mean, Misaki could probably stun Misaka for a second because Misaka seems to get some type of shock from Misaki's ability, but Misaka could probably release a torrent of electricity in Misaki's general direction and that would be the end of it.

That is assuming that Mugino doesnt have a barrier of energy around her all the time.
Mugino can turn her
body parts into energy so her body should be different than a "normal" esper's.This is more similar to #2 than Misaka though.
Jun 15, 2013 1:36 AM

Nov 2012
ssjokg said:
That is assuming that Mugino doesnt have a barrier of energy around her all the time.
Mugino can turn her
body parts into energy so her body should be different than a "normal" esper's.This is more similar to #2 than Misaka though.

True, since Misaka and Mugino have the same basis to their ability (control over electrons).

I don't see why people think Misaki is weak compared to the other level 5's though.
Unless Accelerator can reflect mind control, or Kakine can stop psychic attacks, or #7 being his mysterious self can stop psychic attacks. It's just that two of the 7 level 5's conveniently have electricity related powers.

I also read that Misaki is really powerful, but finds it difficult to control her power because of the many things she could do with it, so she uses her remote to cut down the possibilities and to make it simpler for her to use her power.
Jun 15, 2013 1:46 AM

Aug 2009
Evaeri said:
ssjokg said:
Mugino can turn her

True, since Misaka and Mugino have the same basis to their ability (control over electrons).

I don't see why people think Misaki is weak compared to the other level 5's though.
Unless Accelerator can reflect mind control, or Kakine can stop psychic attacks, or #7 being his mysterious self can stop psychic attacks. It's just that two of the 7 level 5's conveniently have electricity related powers.

I also read that Misaki is really powerful, but finds it difficult to control her power because of the many things she could do with it, so she uses her remote to cut down the possibilities and to make it simpler for her to use her power.

Misaki has to reach the targets brain to use her powers.
Whatever she is using(brain waves or whatever)cant reach Accelerator,wouldnt be able to affect Dark Matter and #7 power are forcing everything away when used.
Assuming that his powers are always active(like when he caught Railgun)Misaki would have a problem with him too.
Jun 15, 2013 2:17 AM

Oct 2012
Lol Frenda, so she's clumsy?
Numi said:

When this scene happened...
I heard something is broken.. Yes Pride! xD

Frenda is chou-worried, Mugino will give Frenda chou-spanking xD
No TouMAN no life!!!

Lol @ Preview.. Supersonic speed lv : talking
Next ep, it's Misaka vs Touma.. then meet the one of Misaka's clone

Numi said:
By the way:

Best part of the episode.

No!! It's when Touma appeared in front of Misaka with his chou-misfortune xD
"Signature removed"
Jun 15, 2013 2:41 AM
Jul 2018
great action.
Jun 15, 2013 2:45 AM
Jul 2018
oh and the guy at the end looked a lot like a character from some anime i watched 2 years ago. forgot his name...
Jun 15, 2013 2:45 AM

Jul 2012
Yay Mr. fist solves all your problems is here, misssed him so much

It looks like Frenda is quite scared of Mugino´s spanking ...

English its not my first language, pls Grammar Nazis spare me ._.
Jun 15, 2013 2:50 AM

Aug 2009
Rocsas said:
Yay Mr. fist solves all your problems is here, misssed him so much

It looks like Frenda is quite scared of Mugino´s spanking ...

I see what you did there
edwd2 said:
oh and the guy at the end looked a lot like a character from some anime i watched 2 years ago. forgot his name...
You mean Touma from Railgun season 1 or Touma from Index?
Jun 15, 2013 3:08 AM

Jun 2010
Epic battle from Misaka vs Mugino <3

Frenda's just too cute!

Touma's finally here!!!

I just read the manga the other day but still, too good.
Jun 15, 2013 3:19 AM

Feb 2012
I think Mugino just became my favorite second character in this anime. Another great episode.
Jun 15, 2013 3:51 AM

Nov 2009
In this ep. there are seemingly throw away lines spoken by Mugino that are actually important thing people should take a note.

http://i.imgur.com/Y5ieoxg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZHS3ejY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PPWnZ5T.jpg

In other word:

"The standard for LV 5 espers power messaurement is based on how much AC can profit from them. They are not ranked by how powerful they are"

Also, this scene is sad.
http://i.imgur.com/DLinzKl.jpg
Marina2Jun 15, 2013 4:07 AM
Jun 15, 2013 4:02 AM

Jun 2008
Very ent5ertaining episode with lots of fighting and interesting methods.
Jun 15, 2013 4:46 AM

Mar 2011
YESS! fukouda service
Jun 15, 2013 4:48 AM
Dec 2012
Finally, Our misfortunated Hero came into spotlight
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by nanajp »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by nanajp »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by nanajp »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.