Forum Settings
Forums

BL Adult Visual Novel 'NO, THANK YOU!!!' to get OVA Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 7, 2013 10:56 AM

Nov 2008
Yeah Bara is geared more towards homosexual men.

Jun 7, 2013 11:11 AM

Jul 2012
2013 is a great year to be a fujoshi.
Jun 7, 2013 11:19 AM

Apr 2010
Downgrade355 said:
Aversa said:
Reading that summary it sounds more like a action mystery anime than a BL story.

The fujoshi are certainly on the rise with the number of BL coming out lately from what i can see that number is only increasing.

Not really, there is no notable "increase" or "decrease", aside from the fact that 2013 will have 5 BL VN's released, unlike the usual 1-3 per year, at least that's what VNDB says, Lucky egg and Tokyo omnyoji might not be released this year. so yeah, BL products being released in higher numbers than usual in a certain period of time does not mean the audience for it increased, you could say the same about the Otaku, the marketing for them increased significantly in many formats but the sales remain the usual.
Was more referring to the BL market for anime and manga i don't really know statistics but i did notice that there are more BL anime and manga releases now then a few years ago.
I also think there is a increase of talk on general forums about BL but again i don't really have the statistics to back this up.
What i am basically referring to is that i see allot more about BL recently then i did a few years ago the subject is is opening up which does suggest a increase in popularity.
Jun 7, 2013 11:29 AM

Sep 2011
Aversa said:
Was more referring to the BL market for anime and manga i don't really know statistics but i did notice that there are more BL anime and manga releases now then a few years ago.
I also think there is a increase of talk on general forums about BL but again i don't really have the statistics to back this up.
What i am basically referring to is that i see allot more about BL recently then i did a few years ago the subject is is opening up which does suggest a increase in popularity.

BL was popular since the 80s when it started popping up tbh, i personally haven't noticed any increase, if anything i'm surprised there isn't any BL TV anime confirmed yet. but yeah, you can say that the fandom has been quite vocal in the 00s lol.
Jun 7, 2013 12:14 PM

Dec 2011
Woah and they actually look like men for once.

mistress_kisara said:

I find it strange that there's no anime adaptation yet of DRAMAtical murder that's like one of the most popular BL game around ^^;

I definitely wouldn't mind this, pretty much just to see Noiz's route animated. It'd be great if it didn't turn into another Togainu, but alas, one can only hope.
Jun 7, 2013 12:41 PM

Aug 2009
I am a BL fan, but no, thank you!
Jun 7, 2013 12:50 PM

Sep 2011
Propater said:
I am a BL fan, but no, thank you!

LOL, did the hairy arms and muscles scare you? haha.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of off-topic post
KinetaJun 7, 2013 2:27 PM
Jun 7, 2013 12:55 PM

Aug 2011
junglepenguin said:
baracudaboy said:
More BL! ♡

Edit: WOOP WOOP sexy dad and muscle man alert!

I HATE my imagination. I just... ARGHHH.

I... even as a fujoshi... I think I'll pass. Not into bara.
LaciieJun 7, 2013 12:59 PM
Jun 7, 2013 1:00 PM

Sep 2011
UtsukushiiYume said:

All the characters have heavy-muscles, mind you.
Jun 7, 2013 1:03 PM

Aug 2011
Downgrade355 said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

All the characters have heavy-muscles, mind you.

Yeah, I'm not into that.
Jun 7, 2013 1:12 PM

Sep 2011
UtsukushiiYume said:

Yeah, I'm not into that.

well apparently most BL fangirls aren't, it's actually a standard Bara feature lol
Jun 7, 2013 1:47 PM

May 2008
People saying 'No, thank you' to watching it lmao

Will watch

Jun 7, 2013 2:34 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Thread Cleaned.

Please do not initiate/continue off-topic/yuri discussions. All discussion lines should be related to the OP.
Jun 7, 2013 3:13 PM

Feb 2012
One of the most fitting titles for a VN.
Jun 7, 2013 3:16 PM

Sep 2012
baracudaboy said:
More BL! ♡

Edit: WOOP WOOP sexy dad and muscle man alert!
So it's bara, huh. Not too interested.

But can people stop throwing around the term "fugoshi"?

Bara's target audience is men. Gay men. "Fugoshi" have nothing to do with it.

It's a shame I'm not into bara though. Usually gay male characters, written by other men, are a lot better characters than the bishi ones written by women, who act like melodramatic middle school girls.
Red_KeysJun 7, 2013 3:20 PM
Jun 7, 2013 3:21 PM

Feb 2008
Refreshing to see some bara getting animated, not just pretty boys and shota. =.=
Totally looking forward to this!
Jun 7, 2013 3:22 PM

Aug 2008
Muscles and bulky bodies doesn't mean it's bara. It's still being advertised in the usual magazines and sold in the usual stores that cover BL games and media. So the main target audience is not gay men which is how you'd tell it apart from BL.

Red_Keys said:
But can people stop throwing around the term "fugoshi"?

Bara's target audience is men. Gay men. "Fugoshi" have nothing to do with it.

It's a shame I'm not into bara though. Usually gay male characters, written by other men, are a lot better characters than the bishi ones written by women, who act like melodramatic middle school girls.

Where do you get that the target audience is gay men?
Jun 7, 2013 3:26 PM

Sep 2012
shinkeikaku said:
Wikipedia.

And being familiar with the term "bara", it's general content, and contrasting it to other "fugoshi" type yaoi.
Jun 7, 2013 3:29 PM

Sep 2011
shinkeikaku said:

i did read somewhere on an otome blogger that it targets both but leans towards gay men lol, there's also body hair and stuff, i'm pretty sure the vast majority of fujoshi don't apperciate muscular men with body hair.
the overall playstyle and design implies so aswell, read into and you'll see.

just my two cents though.
Jun 7, 2013 3:33 PM

Aug 2008
Red_Keys said:
shinkeikaku said:
Wikipedia.

And being familiar with the term "bara", it's general content, and contrasting it to other "fugoshi" type yaoi.

That's why you're wrong. Go to the source:
http://pa-rade.jp/nty/privilege.html Here's some stores carrying the game that will get special bonuses. Note stores like Stellaworth and HOBiGIRLS. Those stores main customers are gay men? Toranoana and Comicomi are also listed as getting bonuses on the Cool-B website. They're similar.

It's also covered in Cool-B magazine, which is advertised as a magazine that covers otome and BL games. Again, the main target audience is female.

It doesn't matter what you think or what your tastes are, demographics are demographics. The main one is the female demographic, but that doesn't exclude anyone either from enjoying it or being considered during its production (see shounen anime that target the fujoshi audience). It's for classification. BL can have body hair and big guys. So let's all enjoy this new BL anime.
Jun 7, 2013 3:38 PM

Sep 2011
@shinkeikaku
the game being advertised on female BL sites doesn't mean the content will appeal more to the female audience than it will to the bara audience.
and trust me, as far as the content, design and playstyle is concernced, it definitely looks like a bara.
Jun 7, 2013 3:43 PM

Aug 2008
Downgrade355 said:
@shinkeikaku
the game being advertised on female BL sites doesn't mean the content will appeal more to the female audience than it will to the bara audience.
and trust me, as far as the content, design and playstyle is concernced, it definitely looks like a bara.

It means they are marketing it towards that demographic, like how the only event is at the Animate Girl's Festival. This is where they are expecting to get their money from.

And I don't trust you, I read more BL and bara than you. BL vs bara is not a style issue, it's demographics. Style is gachi muchi. So I'm done as I know this will veer far, far off topic. The topic is that this is a new BL (not bara) anime. It would have been reported as such if it was bara.
Jun 7, 2013 3:47 PM

May 2008
BL with adult men? Apparently rugged ones at that?

I'm in.
Jun 7, 2013 3:47 PM

Sep 2011
shinkeikaku said:

It means they are marketing it towards that demographic, like how the only event is at the Animate Girl's Festival. This is where they are expecting to get their money from.

And I don't trust you, I read more BL and bara than you. BL vs bara is not a style issue, it's demographics. Style is gachi muchi. So I'm done as I know this will veer far, far off topic. The topic is that this is a new BL (not bara) anime. It would have been reported as such if it was bara.

Okay, let's assume the company is by all means planning to market it to the fujoshi, is buffed up muscular bara-ish hairy guys a good idea? Cause it's no secret that the majority of females, fujoshi or not, aren't into that. so this is a matter of content than anything.
Downgrade355Jun 7, 2013 3:52 PM
Jun 7, 2013 3:52 PM

Dec 2009
Liinah said:
They don't look so feminine, that's nice.

Yeah, thats what I though aswell. sometimes its nice to see real adult characters who don't look like 15years old.
Planning to watch it, but don't have any high hopes tbh - most likely the quality will be crap as always. Hopefully there will be a proper anime, not animix (since its only said in the news there will be ova adaptation).

Red_Keys said:
So it's bara, huh. Not too interested.

Hmm, as I got it from the synopsis - 2 mains are the guy with long gray hair and the one in gree/white t-shirt (looking at the poster on the official game site), heavy-muscled guys are more on the position of supporting characters. And if its gonna be one ova only - we probably will see only a little bit of the story about those 2 mains.
And about bara audience... you are breaking my heart. How about adult women (at the age when they prefer older men - lets say 40+) and straight/bi guys? But you are right, its annoying to see people saying all the time about bl anime/manga being made for fujoshi only.
Jun 7, 2013 3:57 PM

Sep 2011
@Toshiru
Lol actually you can date all 4 guys in there, including the two oyajis.
and it's not that, it's just that fujoshi are especially fond of bishounens and aren't that fond of heavily muscular hairy men in their 30-40s.
Jun 7, 2013 4:23 PM

Aug 2008
Downgrade355 said:
Okay, let's assume the company is by all means planning to market it to the fujoshi

No, stop. Look at the website and what it links. It lists site after site that appeals to the female target audience. News, advertising, stores. There's nothing else there. Look at the twitter account of the company that made it. It says BLゲームブランド. BL Game Brand. Done.

These character designs are a good idea--it makes it stand out from many other games. Doing something different is not a bad thing and they're taking a calculated risk to tap into that. I don't know if the anime will be successful at all, but the game has a chance.
Jun 7, 2013 4:29 PM

Jul 2010
Feels bad for all the people who have yet to learn the wonders of oyaji and big men.

Shame it's only an OVA but nice anyways. Moar is always wanted, and diversity in body types is just icing on the cake.
Jun 7, 2013 4:41 PM

Sep 2011
shinkeikaku said:

No, stop. Look at the website and what it links. It lists site after site that appeals to the female target audience. News, advertising, stores. There's nothing else there. Look at the twitter account of the company that made it. It says BLゲームブランド. BL Game Brand. Done.

These character designs are a good idea--it makes it stand out from many other games. Doing something different is not a bad thing and they're taking a calculated risk to tap into that. I don't know if the anime will be successful at all, but the game has a chance.

I think you're missing the point here, big muscular hairy men are not popular among fujoshi, is what we're trying to say here, that design is commonly used for bara, which raises the question of wether this will appeal to the fujoshi at all or not, this is a new company, that's their first work, and as for where the game is advertised, that's not a valid argument, go to DLSite girl's side, you'll find a crapton of Bara in there along with the otome, BL and shoujos.
http://www.dlsite.com/girls/

There you go. Done.
Jun 7, 2013 5:20 PM
Mar 2008
Isn't the point that
1. It's being marketed towards fujoshi
2. It has character designs which generally aren't popular among fujoshi

If it appeals to gay men it will be in spite of 1.
If it appeals to fujoshi it will be in spite of 2.
Ash-Falls-TownJun 7, 2013 5:23 PM
Jun 7, 2013 5:23 PM

Sep 2011
Ash-Falls-Town said:
Isn't the point that
2. It has character designs which generally aren't popular among fujoshi

That's exactly the point we've been trying to make, while the company and the advertisement imply that it targets fujoshi, the content and design doesn't look like something many fujoshi are fond of. we're just being real here, sure some may like hairy old muscular men, but most don't, it's not a secret, its common knowledge to people like us who're familiar with this stuff.
Jun 7, 2013 9:32 PM

Oct 2012
Is this... bara?

Idfc, I'M IN
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jun 7, 2013 10:04 PM

Mar 2013
Am I the only one who thought K-On when you glance at the title? XD
Jun 8, 2013 2:43 AM

Jun 2010
No, thank you.
Jun 8, 2013 4:14 AM

Dec 2009
Downgrade355 said:
Lol actually you can date all 4 guys in there, including the two oyajis.

In game - could be (I'm not really into VN), but since its gonna be ova - there will be some kind of premade/most popular route. Wonder which one though.
Kinda hope its really gonna be something for adult women/gay/bi men, not the usual "boys looking like girls" thing.

On the side note - wonder why people bother to come and say "I'm not gonna watch it coz its bl" - its like said in the tittle BL VN adaptation. Not interested in the content - don't read it, huh?
Jun 8, 2013 4:40 AM

Jun 2008
Ash-Falls-Town said:
[...]

If it appeals to gay men it will be in spite of 1.

But both is possible, no?
Jun 8, 2013 10:24 AM

Jan 2011
wheeeeee! hehe. BL = good.

Jun 8, 2013 2:09 PM

Dec 2008
Manly ojisans? Hell yeah!
Jun 8, 2013 7:07 PM

Aug 2012
Bara or Yaoi, I don't care.
We need more BL in this world.
I'm in, can't wait~
Jun 9, 2013 3:14 AM
Jun 2013
Veronin said:
Uh, at least the characters are adults for once, I guess.

Regardless, sweaty man sex does not appeal to me.

xD i agree.
Jun 9, 2013 5:42 AM

Apr 2013
I thought the title says " BL Adult Vsual Novel says "NO THANK YOU!!" to the OVA Adaptation".
Jun 9, 2013 5:45 AM

Sep 2012
MaffleWaffle said:
I thought the title says " BL Adult Vsual Novel says "NO THANK YOU!!" to the OVA Adaptation".
In a tsundere fashion you'd mean lol
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 10, 2013 7:38 AM

May 2013
The title itself is pretty self destructive for me
Jun 11, 2013 6:04 PM

Aug 2007
Downgrade355 said:
That's exactly the point we've been trying to make, while the company and the advertisement imply that it targets fujoshi, the content and design doesn't look like something many fujoshi are fond of. we're just being real here, sure some may like hairy old muscular men, but most don't, it's not a secret, its common knowledge to people like us who're familiar with this stuff.
Ok calm down. IIRC the NTY visual novel ranked 2nd in most wanted upcoming titles in the previous issue of Cool-B, beaten only by re:connect. Cool-B is a magazine covering BL and otome games, so mostly women read it. Stop making stuff up based on your opinions, the Japanese fujoshi love this and the vn with a bonus picture of the burly foreigner Maki already sold out once at Seagull. The fujoshi who might not like this are probably western fans of crap like junjo romantica.

Other than that, this title will most likely not have any rape in it because of the fact that all sex scenes in the VN are consensual.

tl;dr no rape and Maki is the most popular character
suusuuJun 11, 2013 6:27 PM
Jun 12, 2013 10:35 AM

Aug 2011
ephemeralM said:
Downgrade355 said:
Ok calm down. IIRC the NTY visual novel ranked 2nd in most wanted upcoming titles in the previous issue of Cool-B, beaten only by re:connect. Cool-B is a magazine covering BL and otome games, so mostly women read it. Stop making stuff up based on your opinions, the Japanese fujoshi love this and the vn with a bonus picture of the burly foreigner Maki already sold out once at Seagull. The fujoshi who might not like this are probably western fans of crap like junjo romantica.

Other than that, this title will most likely not have any rape in it because of the fact that all sex scenes in the VN are consensual.

tl;dr no rape and Maki is the most popular character

I think that generalization is too much. I'm a fujoshi, and this is just not my taste. It doesn't appeal to me. I just don't like burly men, let alone burly men doing xxx stuff to each other. This doesn't mean that I like JR either, since that was probably the worst BL anime/manga I've ever seen/read (In comparison, Sekaiichi is much better, but they're both too similar, and both of their art is not appealing either). But this is just my opinion. There are also other Western fujoshi who don't love JR as well and burly men is just not their taste. The reason JR is so popular anyways, is because it and Sekaiichi are practically the only two BL anime taken seriously and made into a full-length series. (There may have been others but those are very few and didn't receive popularity)

However I do agree with your other statements. Cool-B is indeed a magazine who's targeted audience is women, and not men. What is the point in putting something that appeals to men, inside a womens' magazine? There are other works that target gay/bi men in this genre, but NTY is not one of them.
LaciieJun 12, 2013 11:33 AM
Jun 12, 2013 7:32 PM

Jan 2013
Yay! More Bl! I plan to watch this when it's available. Is it a Hentai? I hope not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2013 11:18 PM

Mar 2010
Downgrade355 said:
shinkeikaku said:

i did read somewhere on an otome blogger that it targets both but leans towards gay men lol, there's also body hair and stuff, i'm pretty sure the vast majority of fujoshi don't apperciate muscular men with body hair.
the overall playstyle and design implies so aswell, read into and you'll see.

just my two cents though.

What do you call a girl who really likes/only watches bara then?
I don't like girly BL boys at all, if I wanted to read about guys who look like girls I'd just read shoujo ai LOL.

I love bara though, BRING ON THE BEEF!!!

UpperBody said:
Feels bad for all the people who have yet to learn the wonders of oyaji and big men.

That just means more for us ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
Jun 20, 2013 5:48 AM

Oct 2010
People say they're not into bara but like yaoi, that's fair enough, where I love bara, they're more masculine and I like those types, probably why I liked Okane Ga Nai so much xD we need more bara anime out here~ ;w;

And totally agree with some comments here: BRING ON THE BEEF XD
✨ 23 🇬🇧 UK 💅🏻 Gay 🏫 University Student 🔞 NSFW 💪🏻 Bara artist 🐻 Bear lover 💁🏼 Lots of gay shit
Jun 20, 2013 1:44 PM

Jul 2009
Never heared of this but I'm interested.

Jul 18, 2013 12:54 AM

Oct 2011
Came here to see people over-use the 'no thank you' joke

Also came here to say its exciting to see an actual OVA that isn't shota

Bring on the buff oyaji (◡‿◡✿)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

22 by Kaikaidou »»
48 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ikoku Nikki' Receives TV Anime

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

14 by Memore »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

17 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

Aiimee - Jul 6, 2022

7 by miipsy »»
Yesterday, 3:43 PM

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

40 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 9:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.