Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 8, 2013 9:10 AM

Oct 2008
Pathlessbullet said:
At any rate I hope the manga doesn't end with Kurono looking towards the reader, holding up two fingers in the shape of a gun and yelling "bang".

*shudders*

LOL!
I don't know about that, but I think Kurono might lift a certian finger towards the reader in the last page... lol
Jun 8, 2013 9:34 PM

Dec 2012
HATUL300 said:

I don't know about that, but I think Kurono might lift a certian finger towards the reader in the last page... lol
Good prediction, seeing as Oku has being engaging in that very activity for at least 10 volumes.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 9, 2013 8:08 AM

Feb 2010
I've started reading Gantz one week ago and just caught up with the manga. That's probably the reason why I wasn't very aware of/annoyed by the slow pacing everyone is talking about.

Maybe, if you reread Gantz Final Phase (but perhaps skipping the tae-chan kei-chan chapters) you can still notice the satirical elements of this manga.
People are easily swayed from despair to hope, from hope to despair. People are voyageurs. People are easily broken (even Kurono 2 when he did a suicide jump at the demigod.) People are nowadays easily influenced by the mass media and being dependent on it.
And most of all, people are illogical when it comes to death, mass destruction, extermination or whatever this situation is called. Here, the crow pleaded for Kurono to go face alien prince, and there, people are online posting Kurono is a dead man, the world is going to end, etc etc. I was like "wtf" cities were destroyed, bodies lying everywhere and they're posting shit on the forums like "Kurono's getting squashed lmfao lololoo" instead of sharing your last moments of life with your beloved ones.
Oku is truly mocking the human race and the internet.

As for the plotholes, I also don't see any major problems, apart from the vampires that is.
The import of the vampires was almost meaningless for the whole Gantz story, aside for them being "the hunted" and wanting revenge on the black suits. They're not even alien immigrants, just a different "race" of humanity having badass powers. What's the point of having the vampire duo if they're not even fighting, forced or not?! Ahhh and what happened to the chip inside their heads?! They didn't got rescanned by Gantz as I recall correctly. Sakurai and Kurono got transferred into the giant gundams but not them?! =.="
Sorry It just annoyed me seeing them standing there so apathetically...

I feel that there won't be a good ending, only a "bad" ending in such way that the damage done cannot be restored. If Oku Hiroya used the technology of the demigod race to revive all people and have everyone happy and living using a deus ex machina, then I will be veeeeeeeeeeryy disappointed :/

Please have in mind that this is all my interpretation and opinion on Gantz.
Seems that I almost made this comment a review. My apologies for the long post.

Peralisc said:

But right now the only thing i want to know is wtf is up with Sebastian. His face randomly showing up in the room of the creatures simulating the real world doesn't explain anything since those guys were just randomly displaying faces.
Then wtf is Sebastian even doing in the simulated world pretending to be human and giving information to a reporter. Where the hell did he teleport to?
Also why are those beings even simulating this world.
This plothole alone is way too huge and kills part of the story all by itself.

P.S:
no explanation where he hell the vampires got the nanobots to make them vampires ...

Oh yes I forgot Sebastian indeed. I think he appeared to show the reader that those demigods are being totally random.
As stated in chapter 370 p7 "We just chose to do so. We could just as easily have chosen not to [protect order of the earth]"

Theory 1: Sebastian was probably also some random pawn of those beings, a creation alike to men controlled by demigod.
Theory 2: Sebastian is part of that god alike thing and during his time on earth that part was separated.
_Ayane_Jun 9, 2013 8:32 AM
Jun 9, 2013 3:19 PM

Dec 2012
Flevalt said:
It's a bit of a let-down not to get everything revealed at the end.
I can't be the only one who enjoyed reading the entire series though.

The only part I didn't enjoy was the "TAE CHAN KEI CHAN TAE CHAN KEI CHAN" arc. That being said, there was a lot of plot holes and lazy storytelling.
Jun 10, 2013 9:05 AM

Nov 2010
God dammit, Oku.
Jun 11, 2013 4:02 AM

May 2012
Don't end please.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 11, 2013 9:52 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty cool chapter, although like most, I worry about the ending...
Jun 12, 2013 3:05 AM

Sep 2012
It's so depressing... Up until the Vampire arc the series was absolutely amazing imo and easily one of my favorite series. Then it just continued to drop and drop until it was barely even recognizable as the same series. It's made even worse by the occasional chapter that made you think the series might pick up again only to have that potential squashed. A bit sad to see it go, but it's honestly overstayed its welcome
Jun 13, 2013 3:36 AM
Sep 2012
wtf? That is all? What a biggest shame... =/
Jun 13, 2013 3:57 AM

Dec 2012
_Ayane_ said:
And most of all, people are illogical when it comes to death, mass destruction, extermination or whatever this situation is called. Here, the crow pleaded for Kurono to go face alien prince, and there, people are online posting Kurono is a dead man, the world is going to end, etc etc. I was like "wtf" cities were destroyed, bodies lying everywhere and they're posting shit on the forums like "Kurono's getting squashed lmfao lololoo" instead of sharing your last moments of life with your beloved ones.
Oku is truly mocking the human race and the internet.

We caught that. Hard not to. "People=baaaaaaad" isn't very profound or original and the idea was certainly not presented subtly.
Jun 16, 2013 11:43 AM

May 2011
Heh, what a time to catch up... just one chapter left. I honestly can’t imagine how they want to wrap this up with any sort of epilogue. It can’t be good.
Jun 20, 2013 11:53 PM

Dec 2012
Coming from someone who started Gantz last month, and stopped right before the final phase while waiting for the manga to be completed - I thought the final arc was probably a good arc too, although the 'final battle' was a little bit ridiculous. If anything, I'd say that the Nurarihyon/Osaka arc was somewhat boring compared to the other arcs simply because of the aliens that never seemed to die. The final arc has a different atmosphere - more shounen like opposed to the dark and depressing Gantz we had initially all the way up until the vampires. For those who're complaining, I'd suggest reading the whole final arc in one shot again. Sometimes, waiting for chapters to come out every other week just destroys the pace and mood (looking at you, Bleach.)
Jun 25, 2013 8:06 PM

Oct 2007
Page 20

So... Kurono's dad is Hanma Yuujiro?
Jul 10, 2013 12:36 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Those 2, in the end as it was in the beginning.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 13, 2013 11:50 AM

Nov 2009
hahaha the human bullet makes its reappearance ... Anyways I can't believe the next chapter is the last, now I know what people were talking about.
Apr 12, 2015 5:42 AM
Jul 2018
Final chapter next, but feels little rushed should answer some questions before ending it, but I guess the author was exhausted.
Jun 27, 2016 2:00 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
One chapter more and this ends!!! The final fight continues, will Kurono win??
Jan 10, 2020 8:39 AM

May 2016
They were killed one by one but there's no denying that they played an integral part in the one decisive battle that will end it all.

Kato's daring charge at the last second made sure that Kurono's last-ditch effort to give everything he's got hit with a 100% chance!

Mar 26, 2021 9:38 AM

Nov 2016
Over 1000 thread and the Vampires were some low-key highlights lol

A bit sad, tho that Oku really didn't give a fuck about Host Samurai anymore. On the other hand, he's the living proof that the bad guys make it to the end.

And RIP everyone :/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 6, 2022 6:17 AM

Aug 2022
Yeah and now let everything happen in one chapter, typical.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 83 Discussion

becool - Jun 17, 2013

9 by Blazinnie »»
Apr 17, 7:31 PM

» Gantz Deluxe Edition

Mila91 - Apr 8

4 by Sagepool »»
Apr 8, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 21 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jan 14, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 20 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.