Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 5, 2013 1:54 AM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So yeah, as I expected the guys go full retard and start dying, bye dual katana guy, you will be missed, the old man and the nerd are dead too.
Now it's time for Kei to shine, he looked so cool in the last pages.

The series is "ending" in the next chapter but...I can't see this as a good ending at all, the author likes to keep things slow when explaining some stuff, and judging by the end of this chapter either we will see the enemy dying really really fast and a small epilogue bringing the conclusion to this awesome series or this isn't really the end. I don't know what to think, we will have to wait till the 19th.
Jun 5, 2013 12:40 PM

Feb 2012
Holy shit, the vampires, Oku didn't forget them after all.

It's a shame those guys had to die but it fits Gantz. Seeing Kei fly like a canon ball reminded me of the fight against the buddha statues, I wonder if it's intentional.

I just don't see how the upcoming final chapter is gonna work as ending unless it's 50 pages long or Oku has plans for a short sequel.
Jun 5, 2013 1:35 PM

Jun 2012
I'm afraid. If Oku had intentions on finishing it, why isn't he answering any questions? Unless he's doing a sequel, the ending can't be good...
Jun 5, 2013 4:13 PM
Mar 2013
I understand what Oku's doing, going for a "happy ending". Mary and Kaze raising Takeshi, Katou and whatsherface raising Ayumu and that other kid(if he's still alive; he vanished just as fast as the vampires). But 1 chapter left... :u please be more than 20 pages of double-panel filler.
Jun 6, 2013 6:42 AM
Sep 2007
This going be a bad ending.
Hi
Jun 6, 2013 7:40 AM

Jul 2012
So it will really be over with next chapter? I feel kinda disapointed.
Jun 6, 2013 7:58 AM

May 2009
Is Nishi dead for good?
Jun 6, 2013 8:05 AM

Apr 2012
This is the first chapter I'm reading as it is released and I gotta say, can't believe this thing is ending just as I catch up. Finally the vampire duo is seen again, but will it be for the last time?

CissySSE said:
Is Nishi dead for good?

I really hope not.
Jun 6, 2013 8:25 AM

Aug 2012
It was a fairly nice chapter taken by itself, especially as we got to see the vampires once more, but it was slightly marred by the fact that it hardly answered any questions and was the penultimate chapter.

Well, it'll be interesting to see how many lingering plot threads Oku will be able to tie up in one chapter...
Jun 6, 2013 8:48 AM

Mar 2013
Did I get it right? The next chapter will have all pages in color?
Jun 6, 2013 8:55 AM

Jul 2012
Wait what. its ending next chapter
Jun 6, 2013 8:55 AM

Jul 2012
Are we not going to get anything explained *sigh* well i saw this coming
Jun 6, 2013 9:56 AM

Sep 2012
Zhou said:
Holy shit, the vampires, Oku didn't forget them after all.

It's a shame those guys had to die but it fits Gantz. Seeing Kei fly like a canon ball reminded me of the fight against the buddha statues, I wonder if it's intentional.

I just don't see how the upcoming final chapter is gonna work as ending unless it's 50 pages long or Oku has plans for a short sequel.

I kinda felt this way too, and all that Kato said about that he could do anything if he's with kei-chan, that also reminded me of the Buddha mission.
Just gotta wait a bit. Let's see what happens.
Jun 6, 2013 10:11 AM

Feb 2008
Unless the last chapter is incredibly long (which I doubt), we're in for a very shitty ending.
Jun 6, 2013 10:47 AM

Jun 2008
Kayro said:
Unless the last chapter is incredibly long (which I doubt), we're in for a very shitty ending.

Even if it's 100 pages long, at this point there's nothing awaiting us but a shitty ending.

The mangaka just dragged it on too long and he can't explain his own plot holes.

It's frustrating and disappointing but as a person who's been reading a lot of manga for awhile now, this is something you get used to.

Oh well, onto the finale...
Jun 6, 2013 11:25 AM

Oct 2008
Wasting time on this battle instead of explaining stuff. Well, still looking forward to see how it ends.
Jun 6, 2013 11:37 AM

Apr 2013
Kurono is gonna rape dat deviant titan ass
Jun 6, 2013 12:15 PM

Mar 2013
Please Gantz
I don't want you to end :'(

Epic chapter is epic,
somehow I find myself feeling sorry for the bishie alien
Jun 6, 2013 12:21 PM

Feb 2013
100 pages in next chapter, please
Jun 6, 2013 12:35 PM

Jun 2011
i can't believe gantz will end in the next chapter T-T
i hope we get anime adaptation (remake) with great quality..
"sendo her.. too.. o-sa-ka"
*Broken english
this made me laugh so hard xD
Jun 6, 2013 1:45 PM

Jan 2012
Kei bullet FTW!

That chapter was nice... but i still cant belive Gantz will end next chapter...
Jun 6, 2013 4:10 PM

Jan 2012
its ending next chapter

I dont know how he will end it....

Jun 6, 2013 4:28 PM

Jun 2010
Just another average chapter of Gantz frankly: snail slow pacing, fodder characters unceremoniously killed off (except for the guy who looks like Izumi), needless double paged spreads that just slow down the action even more and ending on a cliffhanger of Kato and Kei teaming up to beat the alien, considering that they're the only two characters that seem to matter anymore (and it remains to be seen just how useful Kato will end up being). It was cool to see Host Samurai again at least, but it still sucks he wasn't given anything cool to do since the Nura arc.

It feels to me that Oku has just gotten tired of writing this series and has just been padding the arc out to an unsatisfying conclusion (in fact he'd probably would've rushed it even further if it weren't for just how big of a cash cow it has turned into). In any case once this series ends, so will my obligation to keep reading it. It was a fun, mindless ride before the aptly named Catastrophe arc began.
Jun 6, 2013 6:30 PM

Jan 2012
The final chapter better have a shit ton of pages
Jun 6, 2013 7:29 PM

Aug 2012
There really isn't much questions left to answer.
Jun 6, 2013 7:36 PM

Jan 2013
I wonder how this'll all end... and did they forget about Kishimoto?
Jun 6, 2013 8:09 PM
Mar 2013
AqworldThunder said:
I wonder how this'll all end... and did they forget about Kishimoto?

Didn't forget, just nobody really cares about her anymore.
Jun 6, 2013 11:10 PM

Aug 2011
It's ending next chapter and nothing important has been explained...
Jun 7, 2013 1:51 AM

Apr 2009
This last arc has been quite a letdown in my opinion. Wonder what the next chapter will be like. Can't really say I'm sad to see Gantz go, since it didn't live up to the Osaka arc action at all.

Jun 7, 2013 7:41 AM

Dec 2012
I love how he just randomly sticks the vampires in the crowd so he can say "you see guize?!? I didn't forget about them after all!!!!" Really dumb. Snail paced chapter with faux edginess and a shitty drawn out fight scene. Kei has officially completed his devolution into a shounen protagonist. A little ashamed that he was once on my favorites.

Anyway, it's actually impressive how shitty this all turned out, considering how much potential it once had. Oku is just a lazy storyteller. We aren't going to get a good conclusion, regardless of how many pages the next chapter has, the myriad plot holes throughout the manga are irreversible and crippling as they are numerable. I wish there was at least some halfway-decent mindless action though.
PolyphemusJun 7, 2013 7:50 AM
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 7, 2013 8:01 AM

Jul 2011
Wow the vampires! Long time no see.
Jun 7, 2013 10:02 AM

Jan 2012
am i the only one that got happy when the vampires were shown?
Jun 7, 2013 10:59 AM

Dec 2012
renders said:
am i the only one that got happy when the vampires were shown?

It was a cop-out imo. Might as well have not shown them. They were just there to emphasize how important and cool Kei is.
Jun 7, 2013 11:17 AM

Dec 2012
The vampires should fight that Alien imo. They may have a better chance then the current Gantz team.

So Kei gonna head-butt the Alien? It is nothing more than a suicidal Kamikaze move. We are looking at a bad end in which Kei dies
Jun 7, 2013 1:22 PM

Mar 2013
After reading the comments I realized I didn't even recognize the vampires when they were shown in the chapter!

The uploads were so slow that I've forgotten a lot of the characters, gotta re-read Gantz as soon as it's over ._.
Jun 7, 2013 1:55 PM

Apr 2012
Finally! This manga got so messed up that I was just waiting for this, the story after the buddhas isn't worth reading at all. "OH LOOK GIANT ALIENS" ... ... ... Wiped out by tiny stupid humans. Oku about the vampires: "Oh, wait, maybe in another series... let's forget about them.". Oku about the animals: "Animals? Where? Oh yeah, there were some, shit, forgot about them lol.". Oku about Gantz: "Gantz? What's this?". >< Stupid ending ahead, here we go!
Jun 7, 2013 4:28 PM

Jun 2010
Moune said:
If it'll end the next chapter, how will they end it?

Poorly.

Really I can see it going one of two ways, with the actual outcome most likely falling somewhere in between:

Happy Ending: They land a decisive blow on the alien and whoever is remaining from that fight gets off the ship and lives happily ever after, perhaps using Gantz technology to form a Earth Self-Defence Force to protect the planet from future alien attacks.

Bad Ending: The remaining survivors all end up dying aboard the spaceship after taking down the final alien threat, leaving Tae to cry over "KEI-KUN!!!" for the rest of her existence, Ayumu growing up without his brother and the Osaka lady surviving without her teenaged heartthrob. The rest of the world is left in ruin but will slowly rebuild itself, as that's what humanity does after a disaster.

In any eventuality I have a feeling this will be a hot contender for worst manga ending I have ever read (which includes the cop-out of an ending that Tenjou Tenge had).
Jun 7, 2013 6:32 PM

Feb 2013
However way it ends, i don't think it will have much closure. It would have to consist of a lot of pages to get the closure we want and to summarise the manga well. After we got that explanation from the Demi-god thing, it kind of fizzled out. I still love the manga, but it shouldn’t have ended like this.

Essentially what the ending of this manga was, human life is pointless, you're pointless, who gives a shit you're just a spec. Still pretty cool though.
Jun 7, 2013 6:46 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
asdf546 said:
Are we not going to get anything explained *sigh* well i saw this coming

Pretty much. It has been a long time since Gantz stopped being a satire and started being mindless dragfest with no meaning.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 7, 2013 8:34 PM

May 2013
Vampires are dumb anyway.
Jun 7, 2013 9:11 PM
Jun 2013
What plotholes is everyone talking about? I could understand the vampires but they were pretty pointless anyway (and maybe the god like alien people that know everything being kinda shoved in there) but anything else I can think of has been wrapped up.

I do agree that the series is long overdue for an ending (evidenced by the unnecessary introduction of the vampires to pad out more arcs) and that now that we've finally gotten there it seems like he's rushing for an unsatisfactory conclusion. Honestly though I'll just be happy if they get back alive. Heck, I'd be even more happy with a cliche ending where everyone killed in the war gets revived and lives happily ever after just because Reika and co getting revived and blown up a few pages later was basically a big middle finger to the reader.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for happy endings, but I would feel abused if we got anything less. Kinda nervous that both of them will die from Nishi blowing up the ship or something lol.

The anime adaption had one of the worst endings I've ever seen, so I hope the manga doesn't go the same way.
Jun 7, 2013 9:46 PM

Apr 2012
Gantz had such an intense build up I really didn't expect that it would all turn out this way. The Osaka Arc showed so much promise for ridiculous battles but all we got was Oku asleep at the wheel. After following this series from beginning to end, waiting for chapters every month for years, I feel almost enraged. Its so frustrating to see a beautiful creation like this spit on by its maker. I don't even know if I want to read the last chapter. It already feels over anyway.
Jun 7, 2013 10:34 PM
Jun 2013
BloodyPicard said:
Gantz had such an intense build up I really didn't expect that it would all turn out this way. The Osaka Arc showed so much promise for ridiculous battles but all we got was Oku asleep at the wheel. After following this series from beginning to end, waiting for chapters every month for years, I feel almost enraged. Its so frustrating to see a beautiful creation like this spit on by its maker. I don't even know if I want to read the last chapter. It already feels over anyway.

Really? I think it's been pretty solid up to this point even though the whole Tae bait scenario was a bit overused the past 50 chapters or so.

TAE! KAI! TAE! KAI!

How many pages were filled with that? Seems like all of them.

Like I said I just need a happy ending after all these depressing deaths and odd rebirth deaths that have occurred and I'll ultimately be satisfied.
Jun 7, 2013 10:38 PM

May 2013
Pathlessbullet said:
What plotholes is everyone talking about?

There may have been some inconsistencies but I don't recall major plotholes, either.
Jun 8, 2013 2:40 AM

Oct 2007
Oh there are still an awful lot of things that do need some serious explanations. You've been missing out on the details if you don't know the plotholes. That or the manga has been dragging for so long you simply forget the plotholes or come up with a conclusion of your own that isn't satisfactory either, but you simply learn to deal with it because lots of time passed.

But right now the only thing i want to know is wtf is up with Sebastian. His face randomly showing up in the room of the creatures simulating the real world doesn't explain anything since those guys were just randomly displaying faces.
Then wtf is Sebastian even doing in the simulated world pretending to be human and giving information to a reporter. Where the hell did he teleport to?
Also why are those beings even simulating this world.
This plothole alone is way too huge and kills part of the story all by itself.

Look at the art of the manga it is really amazing. Look at the story and how it started, it's just phenomenal, you rarely get to see something so amazing and well started. And this ending is like anything that was good about the manga was dumped into a big pile of shit and flushed down the toilet. HORRIBLE ENDING!

P.S:
no explanation where he hell the vampires got the nanobots to make them vampires ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2013 3:35 AM

May 2013
Someone doesn't know what a plothole means, methinks.
Jun 8, 2013 4:21 AM
Apr 2010
only4anime said:
Someone doesn't know what a plothole means, methinks.

Is it you?
Jun 8, 2013 4:33 AM

Dec 2012
BloodyPicard said:

I agree, but I have to read the last chapter so I can lower my score to a "2" in good conscience. I'd write a scathing review as well, but it's not worth rereading any of this shit. I'm just gonna read the last chapter and forget this manga ever happened.
Jun 8, 2013 5:10 AM

Jan 2012
Peralisc said:
Oh there are still an awful lot of things that do need some serious explanations. You've been missing out on the details if you don't know the plotholes. That or the manga has been dragging for so long you simply forget the plotholes or come up with a conclusion of your own that isn't satisfactory either, but you simply learn to deal with it because lots of time passed.

But right now the only thing i want to know is wtf is up with Sebastian. His face randomly showing up in the room of the creatures simulating the real world doesn't explain anything since those guys were just randomly displaying faces.
Then wtf is Sebastian even doing in the simulated world pretending to be human and giving information to a reporter. Where the hell did he teleport to?
Also why are those beings even simulating this world.
This plothole alone is way too huge and kills part of the story all by itself.

Look at the art of the manga it is really amazing. Look at the story and how it started, it's just phenomenal, you rarely get to see something so amazing and well started. And this ending is like anything that was good about the manga was dumped into a big pile of shit and flushed down the toilet. HORRIBLE ENDING!

P.S:
no explanation where he hell the vampires got the nanobots to make them vampires ...

The author is just hoping people forget about that kind of stuff or he's gonna do something else related with Gantz, just appart from the big main series.
Jun 8, 2013 5:49 AM
Jun 2013
At any rate I hope the manga doesn't end with Kurono looking towards the reader, holding up two fingers in the shape of a gun and yelling "bang".

*shudders*
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 83 Discussion

becool - Jun 17, 2013

9 by Blazinnie »»
Apr 17, 7:31 PM

» Gantz Deluxe Edition

Mila91 - Apr 8

4 by Sagepool »»
Apr 8, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 21 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jan 14, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 20 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.